Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    Are there some hidden trophies for this game? I ask because PSN reports me as having 37% of the trophies, but when I look at the overall list I have 22/42 completed. Maybe I've forgotten how to math, but according to this magical math box I have on my desk 22/42 is 52% and 52 != 37.

Numbers are my friends.

Oh, also, thanks to the Crucible team for putting up with me last night. I'm sure that I had a deleterious effect on your win/loss records with all of my dying and stuff.

We won 4/5 matches with ya! We only lost the 5th one because one of the randos on our team took point A on blind watch! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Yeah, you were great, Stupid. At one point, like 80% through a match on Blind Watch, you had a higher score than me and Darkyth combined, I think. You were shotgunning and punching people everywhere. I think that may be the one we lost, though, because, yeah, pubbies on A.

I bet they took non-fireteam voice chat out of the game because of Point A on Blind Watch. Seeing a teammate take A probably incited such a fervor of obscenity-laden shrieking during balance playtesting that they were forced to remove all communication. Can't say I blame them.

...ha, who am I kidding. They didn't playtest for balance.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I guess I should join the Xbox One clan?

I think you should!

but then you lose all the mysteriousness you've tried to build

It's more an Asimov hiding in plan sight kind of thing.

publicly linking a tag to a forum also burned me pretty badly in the past too. :P

really? what happened?

after several (as in, nearly nine) years my original tag was deemed offensive shortly after linking it to a community, so the action is associated with that. and having to change one's identity like that kinda stung. being asked "What happened/why did you change your tag?" over and over again by ol/rl folks soured me on talking of it. SO I SHALL SAY NO MORE ON THAT SUBJECT. :pop:

then there's the typical nuances of introversion vs extroversion that come with anyone being able to add me/reach me via my tag. I know (hope) there's nobody frothing at the bit to add me on xbox live or w/e, but I'm more comfortable this way. :P

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Any ps4 nightfall runs need a 28 warlock?

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

I think you should!

publicly linking a tag to a forum also burned me pretty badly in the past too. :P

really? what happened?

after several (as in, nearly nine) years my original tag was deemed offensive shortly after linking it to a community, so the action is associated with that. and having to change one's identity like that kinda stung. being asked "What happened/why did you change your tag?" over and over again by ol/rl folks soured me on talking of it. SO I SHALL SAY NO MORE ON THAT SUBJECT. :pop:

then there's the typical nuances of introversion vs extroversion that come with anyone being able to add me/reach me via my tag. I know (hope) there's nobody frothing at the bit to add me on xbox live or w/e, but I'm more comfortable this way. :P

Does this mean I'm a special snow-flake because I know your secret identity? <3

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »

I think you should!

really? what happened?

Does this mean I'm a special snow-flake because I know your secret identity? <3

if you want to be weird about it, sure! :P

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Stupid wrote: »
    Are there some hidden trophies for this game? I ask because PSN reports me as having 37% of the trophies, but when I look at the overall list I have 22/42 completed. Maybe I've forgotten how to math, but according to this magical math box I have on my desk 22/42 is 52% and 52 != 37.

Numbers are my friends.

Oh, also, thanks to the Crucible team for putting up with me last night. I'm sure that I had a deleterious effect on your win/loss records with all of my dying and stuff.
    Trophies are weighted by their Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum status. So Bronze trophies are worth X points, Silver are worth X times 2, etc. (I don't know the exact weight off the top of my head)

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Wait, Defender suppression grenades cancel enemy supers?! Crucible game-changer! Goodbye, Golden Gun/Bladedancer! Goodbye... Titan bubble? Goodbye Sunsinger?

cc: @BillyIdle, @Darkyth

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Wait, Defender suppression grenades cancel enemy supers?! Crucible game-changer! Goodbye, Golden Gun/Bladedancer! Goodbye... Titan bubble? Goodbye Sunsinger?

Say whaaat? Does it actually cancel the effect if they have used it or just prevent them from using it while they are under the effect of the grenade?

Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    @GMaster7‌ Did you happen to see my request for PA2? Submitted that a while back.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Darkyth wrote: »

Say whaaat? Does it actually cancel the effect if they have used it or just prevent them from using it while they are under the effect of the grenade?

It cancels and prevents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbmY1T3-Aw&amp;feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsyvu0xH_B4&amp;feature=youtu.be

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    It prevents supers from being activated for ten seconds and if they are activated it cancels the super entirely. Zero super.

Welcome to me like two weeks ago and now you know why I'm putting together a nade spam gear set for defender pvp.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    It prevents supers from being activated for ten seconds and if they are activated it cancels the super entirely. Zero super.

Welcome to me like two weeks ago and now you know why I'm putting together a nade spam gear set for defender pvp.

I remember that post and it was the one thing that convinced me to buy the Armementarium for my Defender. Two super canceling grenades? Yes please.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Same. I'm running Armamentarium in clash and Saint-14 in control, since blind isnt as useful without an objective.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I really hate doing this public event bounty.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I really hate doing this public event bounty.

There's a public event tracker that keeps track of when events will pop, run earth bounties and get in the proper cycle, shouldn't take more than an hour hour and a half to get at least 3.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    www.destinypublicevents.com it really does take very little time with that

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    That event finder has not worked the last 4 times I've tried to use it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Nightfall reward - 5 Coins...

The RNG gods must be angry with me. :(

• Options

Green events are about 3/4 for me.

• Options

Are you waiting at least 5 minutes after it says it's up?

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular

Pfft I don't need my super to kill these grenade lobbers!
    Granted, I will need to shoot faster than they can throw. It's doable.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The only event that reliably happens is the devil walker, in my experience.

• Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Looking for nightfall. Lvl 27 Titan. PS4. Too scared to go alone...

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I got a level 27 hunter alt who is not getting 28 too soon, is it possible to complete the Nightfall with this dude? I've never attempted it as anything else than 28, but my warlock got such utter shit I want a second go this week.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    It'll be difficult, but if you're packing some Arc weapons and have a couple of patient teammates backing you up, you should be able to pull through. You can focus on Thralls and taking down shields, even if you're not particularly doing a lot of actual damage to Knights and Wizards.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    We need a raider unless @SeGaTai‌ shows up soon. @Evigilant‌ is MIA as well but we filled one slot. Anyone want in, message FrankAustin on psn. Gonna try to do this fast.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    just got home
    getting on now

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    I'm up for nightfall on PS4. 28 Gunslinger.

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Sorry @Croaker and all, I completely forgot and was caught cooking dinner during this.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

You may be misreading it. It's not immediately obvious how to use it.

Some things to keep in mind also:

1) Public Events don't always spawn even during their allotted times. It's only a chance of spawning;
    2) The event will spawn within a window, usually +/- 5 minutes of the green timer hitting zero. So you have to stick around in a particular zone for a little bit to see if it spawns.

The most reliable way to use the event tracker is put a 3-person fireteam together, split up into different-but-nearby zones with timers relatively close to one another, and do patrols while waiting out a public event.

When I'm solo, I find it's best to do public events organically. Rather than hunt for them I just do bounties/patrols and hit up whatever events I see. If you spend 30 minutes on a planet, it's pretty likely you'll hit a public event.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    I'd like to get in on some nightfall action on ps4, impossible to solo this one :( invite Grimmsy- if anyone has a spot

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Doing the 28 weekly on xbone if anyone wants to join in.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    If anyone is still looking to do nightfall I'm lvl 27 Titan looking to give it a try, have a mic. PSN is Orestus.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Starting Nightfall now! Friend me/join up and we'll run through it.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Fuck Crucible. I refuse to believe there isn't a distinct weapon advantage compared to Iron Banner. I just got steamrolled by a team on Skirmish, all Hunters, all with atheon's epilogue and Pocket Infinity. I got one kill, barely, just at the end.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Team Motorboat Kitten:
    (@jefe414 @erevar @morgan_coke @arteen @skippymchaggis @arteen's sister)

We interested in trying tonight at 8PM EST?

Yeah, I'm cool, my 29 Titan wants to punch things and get a second piece of raid gear.

Motorboat Kitten is victorious! We actually had more trouble with the starting area than Aetheon this time around.

One day I'll get some raid armor...

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    TSBFF, I'm sorry about that. My girlfriend made dinner and I made her a solemn promise this week that I wouldn't delay hanging out with her for game stuff. If anyone needs a normal Atheon kill, get at them. If you can't finish it, I'm down to restart from the checkpoint tomorrow night too.

Again, my most sincere apologies.

• Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    No worries @Croaker‌. @Evigilant‌ invite incoming

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Fawst wrote: »
    Fuck Crucible. I refuse to believe there isn't a distinct weapon advantage compared to Iron Banner. I just got steamrolled by a team on Skirmish, all Hunters, all with atheon's epilogue and Pocket Infinity. I got one kill, barely, just at the end.

Not to discount your experience entirely, but teamwork is much, much more important in Skirmish than your weapons (although, good weapons definitely help!). I'd assume that a team with all matching gear is probably rolling together and that has a bigger effect on their ability to steamroll people.

If you ever feel like steamrolling some pubs in return, I'm always happy to group up for Skirmish. It's my favorite crucible mode!

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Props to alt-stars for letting me join in - also for letting me get all the loot drops!

PSN SeGaTai