As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    If anybody wants snow added to their avatar, let me know and I'll do it! Here's the one I'll be using:
    iTOtbm9.gif
    0zyGlVi.gif

Level of snowiness is variable!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm gonna gift someone overseas so hard.

I have plans. Big plans.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    If anybody wants snow added to their avatar, let me know and I'll do it! Here's the one I'll be using:
    iTOtbm9.gif
    0zyGlVi.gif

I wouldn't mind mine with a light snow if you're willing!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I got an international Santee.

Any tips or lists of internet retailers out there to make this easier?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Check out the Amazon of their country.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Grove wrote: »
    iTOtbm9.gif
    0zyGlVi.gif

Happy to do it! Do you have a higher resolution version of your avatar? I'll have to make it 80x80 for it to animate on the site anyway, but it's easier to add the snow with a larger one.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    iTOtbm9.gif
    0zyGlVi.gif

Happy to do it! Do you have a higher resolution version of your avatar? I'll have to make it 80x80 for it to animate on the site anyway, but it's easier to add the snow with a larger one.

Yeah I'll find it and send it to you when I get home. Thanks!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

I'd typically check out their local Amazon or Steam account. I normally try and send most of my gifts that way then send something smaller via post to cut down on the postage.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Also flat rate boxes may be a pretty awesome bet. Not sure though.

Also holy shit, I have an amazing idea you guys.
    Santee I hope this works out. Its going to be fantastic. Mwahahahhahahaha.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ohhh boy.. I got a toughie. I had everything planned out, but my Santee's like, "Lol NOPE!", so now I have to completely 100% change my plans. I'll figure something out, for SS it's what we do.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

This should help you a bit. This is a better list I made for another SS
    Let me tell you about myself. I am a film school grad with a one year old dog named Chip, he is my big baby and an aggressive chewer.

I like eating snacks, however I can't have anything with carrots, tropical fruits, bananas, melons, and chocolate because I don't really wish to die before the holidays. White chocolate gets a thumbs up!

TV wise, I am addicted to Bob's Burgers and always searching for cartoons/shows from the 90s on DVD. Pokemon cards are always welcomed to the party. The more Pokemon cards the better. I also have a strange addiction to dragons. Proud owner of the PS2 and PS3, the 4 will come at some point this year.

I reworked my Amazon wishlist because the original was mixed with gifts I plan on giving amzn.com/w/IR1VB23YQ78C

But yeah, anything geeky is fine no matter how odd it may seem.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    I can see you, Santee....

Man, you're just not trying very hard to shake your shadow are you?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    A name and avatar I recognize! Joy!

Time to plot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Santa, if you search for me by my name, I have a wishlist on Amazon that might be of use to you!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i think this is the first year i havent had an out-of-country santee

which is good because i forgot everything i have had to learn/look up the previous occasions

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Sorry for being the worst Santee. As an FYI, if you look at what I play on Steam, it isn't all me. My sons use my account. For example, I don't play tf2. That's them. The wish list is all mine though. And I will probably look over my amazon wishlist again.

To my Santee, I'm so glad we're in the same country! Cookies incoming!

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I should christmas-ify my avatar, but I need more than just the santa hat.

Also, I got this email earlier. Subject line "Secret Santa"
    Mwahahahahahaha!
    MWAhahahahahaha!
    MWAHAhahaha!
    MWAHAhahahaha!
    MWAhahaha!
    Mwahaha!
    mwahaha
    mwaha
    haha
    ha.

Merry Christmas!

Yeah that's not scary at all!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    My santee is totally awesome. Going back and reading what they've given, been gotten in previous threads has been enlightening.

Also after looking at my hint post I'm going to expand a bit for santa, because I hope you have enough to go with, but I don't want you to work too hard, unless you want too.
    XL shirt size. I'm...sort of okay with booze? Also adult themed gifts may not be ideal for the household. Books are great, homemade stuff is great, Lego is great, Marvel is great.
    Here is the amazon wishlist, which will possibly get an update between now and Christmas.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I should christmas-ify my avatar, but I need more than just the santa hat.

Also, I got this email earlier. Subject line "Secret Santa"
    Mwahahahahahaha!
    MWAhahahahahaha!
    MWAHAhahaha!
    MWAHAhahahaha!
    MWAhahaha!
    Mwahaha!
    mwahaha
    mwaha
    haha
    ha.

Merry Christmas!

Yeah that's not scary at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYnhH95u_0

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Heh. Every year I hope to get someone recognizable. Alas, alas, once more I have not.
    I think this is a new record for sparseness though. Hmmm ...

The game is afoot, my friends! I hope whoever drew my name from the hat enjoyed stalking me. I certainly don't hide. ;D

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Heh. Every year I hope to get someone recognizable. Alas, alas, once more I have not.
    I think this is a new record for sparseness though. Hmmm ...

The game is afoot, my friends! I hope whoever drew my name from the hat enjoyed stalking me. I certainly don't hide. ;D

This is a trick! I await your gift tsunami!

I totally recognize my Santee but then I checked their post history and we don't hang out in the same places so I don't know what is going on there. We must go deeper.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Thank yooooou, @Bobkins Flymo!

Happy Santas!

Although I can't take full part in Secret Santa this year, I'd like to help spread the love! I have a ton of craft foam and would be happy to make custom ornaments for your Santees (for free, of course, though tossing a few bucks for the shipping my way would be groovy). Though I've made mostly Pokemon so far, I'm certainly not limited to them! Any design that is simple enough to be re-created in foam should work! If you're interested, shoot me a PM. Here are some examples of what I can do (the Jack Frost was an earlier one; I'm better at them now):

u9fdjuicgmri.jpg
    6u8y56rmwkkd.jpg

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I have my person. And I've seen them post. But their suggestions gave me ideas. Good ideas, I think. I'm formulating.

• Options
    I am always happy to Christmas up avatars for anyone who understands that Sully is the best.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    After Halloween I usually try hard not to buy anything for myself, but I failed today. I bought the new sunset overdrive bundle on amazon, because hey it's 50 bucks cheaper now. And on the 11th I'm getting the MC collection, because I'm a pretty big Halo nut, but after that I swear I'm done.

Santa, I also want to point out that I have a son who will be 2 in January. I'm trying to raise him right and teach him to love PC gaming, Nintendo, Lego, and generally be a big nerd like his Dad. So feel free to gift him instead of me if you want.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    There, I Christmasified my avatar. Easy since the subject of my normal avatar has been in a Christmas episode.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Finally home, let the stalking begin.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I feel like Christmas-ifying Blazko would probably involve Nazi scalps. Lots of them.

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I feel like Christmas-ifying Blazko would probably involve Nazi scalps. Lots of them.

Perhaps a candy cane held in his teeth like a knife?

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    @Mechanical instead of lots of Nazi scalps, how about a major one?
    7rFsr2k.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey @Grove, I went ahead and found a higher resolution version of your avatar and added some snow. Hope it wasn't too much, but if I reduced the density too much you can't really see it.

GLxVTmR.gif?1
    uni2ONa.gif

In order for it to animate on the forums, though, you have to use the 80x80 version.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Can someone make my avatar christmasy?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @urahonky has been my santa the last two years in a row, I'm calling it; he's my santa gain! :p

• Options
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

If it's an Australian, ozgameshop.com.au is cheap (for aussie prices) and reliable.

Just came back from AusPax, and now my amazon wishlist is a lot smaller. Woops.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Santee get!

Now to scour through their bins check their forum history.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    I don't know my santee at all - but there are some common interests so I think I can come up with a few things. We'll have to see how creative I can manage.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    could someone x-masify my avatar? please and thank you

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Hey Santee, I just wanted you to know that I've already found your Facebook and Youtube account. You're being watched.