Options

STEAM, a backlog story.

19495969798100»

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    Somebody get a new thread ready so I can post without fear of my links as being ignooooored

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    haha Necrophage attacked, turns out their armies were poop so I rolled three new cities into my empire, then they asked for a truce.

I thought their whole deal was that they couldn't do that?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Well it says no peace/alliance and no bribe/talk tech but maybe surrendering is a basic diplomatic action?

Did they go to peace or jump back to cold war?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Well it says no peace/alliance and no bribe/talk tech but maybe surrendering is a basic diplomatic action?

Truce moves you back to Cold War after X turns in which neither side can attack, if I understand it correctly.

I guess I misunderstood what their descriptions meant, I thought it was a case of once they escalated they were stuck with it.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    A lot of people try to play it like CoD, but that just makes them easy targets.

The early days when it had just come out were great for that because you'd have guys who clearly had tons of experience with cod and the like and would be able to hit you in a second from halfway across the map if you so much as sneezed, but then they'd just be walking on the ground the whole time.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

Truce moves you back to Cold War after X turns in which neither side can attack, if I understand it correctly.

I guess I misunderstood what their descriptions meant, I thought it was a case of once they escalated they were stuck with it.

That was how I read it too but I guess not!

I keep trying to start a new endless legend game and every single time I am unsatisfied with my starting position and end up starting a new game because I can't find a spot I like on the first or second turn

Probably the most annoying thing in the game is cliffs, even on "some" (the default setting) it feels like there are always so many damn cliffs and they mess up everything

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I trotted back over to glance at the Cultist city, looks like I would be fighting upwards of 30 units based on the armies, converted villages, and visible militia. I think I might be able to manage it if I strip every other city of defences to do so, which would give me a third really big city, as well as access to move into the areas behind them and get some ranged units finally.

It might be worth the risk, but if I fail it could be a game ending event as my undefended cities get rolled by the vengeful cultists.

• Options
    What difficulty are you playing on? I never really felt at risk in the game I played but I think the big ai faction probably wiped out any would-be aggressors and I was the drakken so nobody could really go after me if I didn't want them to

I ended up with just a few strong armies and basically zero reserve units to defend my cities

Maybe I was playing on easy all along

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh I'm on Easy, but if I throw everything at this attack and they get through it with all their units I could be in a lot of trouble with nothing but militia left against a lot of attack, and since they're cultists my cities just get razed so nothing for me to try to reclaim with a counter attack if I churn out some units somewhere.

Maybe I'm just a coward?

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Hey @Fyndir‌ thanks for the gift of futuristic demon samurais

dyfGQFY.png

• Options
    Dear Steam Mobile App,

Just because a game I want goes on sale, doesn't mean you need to start by yourself and stay on until I manually go in and log out. If I wanted you open, I would open you.

Hugs and Kisses,
    Monsterror

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular

That was how I read it too but I guess not!

I keep trying to start a new endless legend game and every single time I am unsatisfied with my starting position and end up starting a new game because I can't find a spot I like on the first or second turn

Probably the most annoying thing in the game is cliffs, even on "some" (the default setting) it feels like there are always so many damn cliffs and they mess up everything

The urge to reroll is so strong for me in any 4X, especially if I'm sitting down for a play session with the option to load up a game in progress or just START A NEW ONE WOOOO INFINITE POSSIBILITIES

So far I'm finding that the mid game in Endless Legend feels far less tedious than Civ. Once I realized there was a setting for quicker battle animations I really started enjoying combat, and for some reason micromanaging my cities is engaging too. I didn't play all the way through my first game on Newbie as Cultists, once it was clear I could just win in 20-40 turns of domination, but my second game as Wild Walkers on Easy, I think I'm gonna see this one through.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    Dear Steam Mobile App,

Just because a game I want goes on sale, doesn't mean you need to start by yourself and stay on until I manually go in and log out. If I wanted you open, I would open you.

Hugs and Kisses,
    Monsterror

You have to go into its settings and aggressively prune the notifications.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Weird, Steam won't let me redeem Shadow Warrior. Its saying its already been redeemed, and not showing up in my library.

EDIT: Ah, just restarted Steam and it works now.

monsterror on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Satan's third form when you're on 9 Lives is just...fffff

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Man you just said satan's third

Does devil's third still exist

is Itagake really gone from games forever

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    One of the major things that bothered me about Titanfall and turned me off from buying it was the lack of FF in general, and especially between Titans.

Being able to blast a friendly Titan with anti-Titan weaponry WHILE their precious interiors are exposed to allow small arms to do damage is ridiculous, hitting them in that state with the big guns should be a near-death experience for them at best. It just very thoroughly made me nah and wander away.

People have, in the past, responded to this by talking about friendly troops getting crushed by titans walking around, to which my response is parkour. You're meant to be all over the buildings and shit anyway, so get out of the damn way.

I am fine with private servers for FPS games having a FF toggle but man I absolutely never, ever want FF enabled in a public server. The potential for griefing and for your own team murdering you repeatedly through sheer incompetence is just way too darn high.

• Options
    Friendly fire sucks always

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Friendly fire sucks always

It can add a neat wrinkle to organized play, like, say in Tribes it means that people just can't spam the flag stand with constant explosions to let their flagrunner grab the flag, they actually have to time it. But, in casual play I agree it has absolutely zero place. It's hard enough to get people to coordinate and play as a team without adding the potential of murdering your own teammates into the mix.

• Options
    The only time I like friendly fire is in strategy games or rpgs where I control all the characters

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Buncha casuals in here.

:rotate:

Fyndir on
  • Options
    I mostly just don't trust my teammates to be not casuals. :P

I've had a great time in small community FPS games with FF enabled like Red Orchestra and Neotokyo, but they also have private servers with powerful kick and ban actions.

Man I wish Neotokyo and Dystopia had really taken off.

• Options
    The only time I like friendly fire is in strategy games
    That is the worst thing

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    I finally put my money where my mouth is (was?) and bought the pigeon dating simulator

i'm gonna kiss all these birds. kiss em' right on the beak.

I have been pointing this gun at my head for the past forty eight hours, and I'm still not quite able to pull that trigger

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I finally put my money where my mouth is (was?) and bought the pigeon dating simulator

I have been pointing this gun at my head for the past forty eight hours, and I'm still not quite able to pull that trigger

I'm here to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFC9QgEDXYc

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

look, the worst thing that happens is that a large portion of your steam friends list decides to never speak to you again

but they're all nerds!!!

kiss those birds. Smooch them, even.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Broken Lords just suck up punishment in combat

Ranks upon ranks upon ranks of Armour & Shields, with a big enough dust economy that I could pretty much fully heal every army post combat. When the dragon capital fell one unit of Broken Stalwarts held the entire left flank (which almost completely surrounded them) for 6 turns.

Armour Vampires are the light

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    unless they changed it recently the ai will not use anything other than iron gear so units with adamantine or palladine equipment can win against them with like 1:4 odds

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    unless they changed it recently the ai will not use anything other than iron gear so units with adamantine or palladine equipment can win against them with like 1:4 odds

Huh so is that why I was slaughtering the AI so easily.

Do you know if the AI is any better in Endless Space? Because I am fine with putting Endless Legend on the backburner while they tighten stuff up but I still want to get my 4X on.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    ygoyR0D.png

Curse/thank you, Anime Ghost!

I really should have seen that one coming.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    BIRD

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Someone should make a binding of isaac graphics mod so I can play it

• Options

Yeah, picked it up because it is the free PS Plus game this month and I am just torn between wanting to play it because it is fun and never wanting to play it because it is so ugly.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I mostly just don't trust my teammates to be not casuals. :P

I've had a great time in small community FPS games with FF enabled like Red Orchestra and Neotokyo, but they also have private servers with powerful kick and ban actions.

Man I wish Neotokyo and Dystopia had really taken off.

I feel like Dystopia was popular for a while, or at least it had enough people to keep a couple servers going. I definitely played that for ridiculous amounts of time.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Isn't there a setting to change it back to line art instead of pixels? I swear I remember reading about that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Isn't there a setting to change it back to line art instead of pixels? I swear I remember reading about that

Thaaat's not my problem

• Options

Thaaat's not my problem

Oh your problem is not the graphics but the entire aesthetic

Good luck with that

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.