Options

About Game of the Year polls: Looking for volunteers

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Hexcells was on last year. Plus lists itself as a standalone expansion, so that might not make it. Infinite might? I'm not familiar with them so I don't know how they'd be parsed.

Ah, missed it before its release on Steam. Having played all three, they could easily have been released as a single game, but they weren't. Plus has equally as much, but better, content to the original - the original is more like an extended tutorial. Infinite is the same as Plus (new levels, of course, but roughly equivalent difficulty), but with a random level generator, too.
    Every Final Fantasy is a rerelease. Does FF14: Realm Reborn change enough to qualify as a new entry, or is it just a heavily edited/patched version of last year's contender? Given the SF examples, maybe that's enough to count?

I haven't played FF14: Realm Reborn, but from everything I've heard, it's a completely new game, so it probably deserves its own shot.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    And thus begins the real job, managing the nominees.

Good luck! I'll be around to help turn this into the poll but I'm assuming it won't happen until January?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    If mcc is not running it this time, can I put a petition to delay it a bit until, like, February? To actually give people time to play christmas games and opinions a bit of a time to settle?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I would agree with that as well. February seems like a terrific time to open up the poll. I feel games released nearest to the end of the year are frequently disadvantaged or advantaged (depending) by how new they are.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, especially with how big a glut there is this year. I take it the cutoff will be anything released by the end of December then?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Plus, there's always Christmas/holiday gifts. For instance, I know AC:U will probably be fairly high on my list, but I won't get to play it until that last week of the year.

And on top of that, there is a Steam Sale at the end of the year.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I've merged some entries in to one (Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2), fixed the duplicate lines and tried to standardise the platforms. No separate Mac/Win/Lin listing, just "PC". XBLA and PSN converted to X360 and PS3 in all instances where this seemed right.

Let me know if you spot anything obviously wrong with the platforms though.

Then I've done the following:

Witcher 2 removed
    Walking Dead: Season 1 (PS4, XBO) removed
    Xcom ports removed
    AC Freedom Cry removed.
    Bioshock + expansions removed
    Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PC) removed. (Assuming this is an expansion?)

A few questions:

AC Liberation HD maintained. Should it be? I'd guess more people played it on PS3 than Vita but has it already had it's shot?

The Last of Us: Remastered, is it fair to say this should be removed? I haven't yet. Same goes for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Another World - Anniversary Edition kept in for now (purely because I love that game) unless anyone has any objections, I'll probably be the only person voting for it...

Should Diablo 3 for consoles be kept in? It's had it's shot with PC, is it fair to keep in again?

Finally:

Other than that I think this is a pretty good starting point prior for opening up the list for nominations at the end of the year.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I'd say cut out Liberation HD, TLoU: R, TR:DE and Diablo 3 because they've all had their shots elsewhere, no matter if the audiences might be bigger in some of their cases.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    AC Freedom Cry got a standalone release, however. I'm trying to remember how we have handled that in the past.

• Options
    FC3 Blood Dragon was allowed last year, so I think AC Freedom Cry should be allowed this year.

Actually, upon digging back a bit, ACFC was originally released in December 2013, but wasn't released as standalone until this year. It wasn't nominated last year, and it is definitely as substantial a release as Infamous: First Light, but technically it is a 2013 release. (For the record, I'd rate it fairly high if it were allowed on the list, because I played it entirely in 2014.)

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh, Freedom Cry had both DLC and standalone releases? We should probably err on the inclusive side, then—we counted Blood Dragon. Sorry for the false strike, Grinch!

Edit: Beat to the punch.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Again, can we please drop the rule that a game only has to have been released in the US that year for it to be included in the vote? Those of us living in other parts of the world simply don't get a chance to vote for some of the games that way.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    FC3 Blood Dragon was allowed last year, so I think AC Freedom Cry should be allowed this year.

Actually, upon digging back a bit, ACFC was originally released in December 2013, but wasn't released as standalone until this year. It wasn't nominated last year, and it is definitely as substantial a release as Infamous: First Light, but technically it is a 2013 release. (For the record, I'd rate it fairly high if it were allowed on the list, because I played it entirely in 2014.)

I'm pretty sure Blood Dragon was only stand alone and not DLC for FC3 at all.

Stuff that's been both DLC and standalone is a bit weird.

• Options
    Yeah, Blood Dragon was only standalone.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    wait why are you guys talking about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? It came out in 2013 not 2014...

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think perhaps the best way to settle the release date thing is to have the release be the year a game launched in the most regions. There's no perfect solution, but there has to be some settlement.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    That sounds good to me. As long as we get a set of rules that pretty much everyone is happy with I don't see a problem.

After all, it's just for fun!

(The Last of Us, Tomb Raider and Diablo deleted from list now)

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    There's really no need to change the rules. They've worked for this long and they aren't suddenly going to stop working now.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    There's really no need to change the rules. They've worked for this long and they aren't suddenly going to stop working now.

I don't know, being unable to vote on games doesn't really sound like working to me.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Here's an idea:

Include every game that was released this year, standalone, in any region. Mark the region.

Then, either require each voter to indicate their voting region, and restrict their voting selections to things marked ALL or REGION, or do it on the honor system and ask people to only vote for things in their region.

This way, if something comes out in NA in 2013 and EU in 2014, sure, it'll show up in the polls both years, but it can't possibly dominate two years running. You can further break down results by region if you want to see more local flavor on top of the global rankings.

Everyone gets to vote on every game as it applies to them.

May take a bit more dev work, but I think it'd be the best approach for everyone who wants to participate.

• Options
    ... I'm not making that list!

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Nobody on earth wants to make that list.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    How were we making the list before?

*edit* Oh, right, people nominated in-thread what games to include. Fine, amend the above to "Allow people to nominate any game released in any region and make them mark the applicable regions."

:P

Houn on
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Here's an idea:

Include every game that was released this year, standalone, in any region. Mark the region.

Then, either require each voter to indicate their voting region, and restrict their voting selections to things marked ALL or REGION, or do it on the honor system and ask people to only vote for things in their region.

This way, if something comes out in NA in 2013 and EU in 2014, sure, it'll show up in the polls both years, but it can't possibly dominate two years running. You can further break down results by region if you want to see more local flavor on top of the global rankings.

May take a bit more dev work, but I think it'd be the best approach for everyone who wants to participate.

Or we could just, y'know, only include games that have been released in all regions this year.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Here's an idea:

Or we could just, y'know, only include games that have been released in all regions this year.

What about games that aren't going to be released in every region?

Also, should we extend this to platforms as well? If a game comes out for the Xbox One and is coming six months later for the PS4, should we wait for next year so that both the Xbox and PS4 players can vote on it?

• Options
    I think perhaps the best way to settle the release date thing is to have the release be the year a game launched in the most regions. There's no perfect solution, but there has to be some settlement.

I vote this as the sensible option. It'll likely make little difference anyway.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Maz- wrote: »
    Again, can we please drop the rule that a game only has to have been released in the US that year for it to be included in the vote? Those of us living in other parts of the world simply don't get a chance to vote for some of the games that way.

I have always felt that the rule should be that a game can only be on the list once it has been released on all expected platforms and all expected regions. If it's not planned to be released somewhere and later is, well that's unfortunate but probably an edge case.

EDIT: so for example if Assassin's Creed 13 is coming out Nov 13th 2017 in NA, Jan 13th 2018 in Australia and Aug 15th 2018 in Europe, it gets polled in 2018. If it's later announced for Japan for 2019, it doesn't get to go on the poll.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    We seem a little hung up on this, are there actually any games it affects?

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Maz mentions "Captain Toad Treasure Tracker" earlier in the thread:
    That's of course up to y'all. I do want to note the reason for this rule, though: The overall goal of the rules is to give every game one chance, and give every game the most equal chance possible. So consider what happens if a game has come out in Japan, but not America or Europe, assuming (?) most of the people on this forum are in America or Europe. The game is now horribly disadvantaged because only a small minority of the voters possibly had a chance to play it. Say the next year it comes out in US/EU-- do you put it on again? The "no expansions, no early access, america only" rules really are kind of garbage and are impossible to enforce, but whatever rules you pick I think you want to avoid a situation where a game gets on without anyone having gotten a fair chance to play it, or where a game goes on two years running and winds up with its votes weirdly split across two years.

@mcc, thanks for your hard work -- 10 years is awesome. I always looked forward to the yearly thread. I'm excited to watch the tradition continue.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    The "no expansions, no early access, america only" rules really are kind of garbage and are impossible to enforce,

Uh, given the person running the poll is the final arbiter of what does and does not go on the final poll, I'd say it's actually pretty easy to enforce. :biggrin:

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I think the N. America release rule only ever affected a few games, anyways; though there always manages to be one high profile one, usually Nintendo these days. It kind of sucks, but it simplifies things immensely. The intent was always that a game got one chance at GOTY, and that tries to give it the best chance, since the majority of forumers live in North America.

• Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    wait why are you guys talking about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn? It came out in 2013 not 2014...

Looks like it came out for PS4 this year. I think it was in last year's poll though, so it should not be on the list.

• Options
    Marvel Heroes 2015 is just Marvel Heroes with a new name. Although it has gotten much better over the course of 2014 it had its shot.

• Options
    Metal Gear Rising was just a PC port, strike it.

Massive Chalice is currently in beta and slated for full release in 2015. Strike it?

Rogue Legacy is a Playstation port, it was on last year's list for PC.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Absolutely no early access games on the poll please. That's just asking for immense trouble. Only games that have had a full actual non-early access release should count.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Absolutely no early access games on the poll please. That's just asking for immense trouble. Only games that have had a full actual non-early access release should count.
    agreed

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    On that note, I guess Space Base DF-9 should be in, with its disappointing push out to full release status.

• Options
    So my plans for the evening got canceled, and the only thing I have to do right now is play Walking Dead Season 2, and since I'm a wuss, I decided to crank up the Starcraft soundtrack and go through the list and check release dates. I'm about 250 titles in and nearly a THIRD are ports, remakes, remasterings or rereleases! I'm giving my thumb a rest while I go make dinner, then I'll come back and finish the last 200 or so entries.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Okay, I finally finished. My methodology was to take a game's name from the list on Page 2, run it through Wikipedia and read the release section (As well as check the description/rest of the page to see if it's a port or something.). If that didn't work, I checked Metacritic, and if THAT didn't work, I checked google.

Someone should probably double check my work, as I wasn't super thorough on the whether something was a remake or a port, and what level of remake it was, or if something was an HD port, an HD update or just a next gen port. Also, once we thin the list, someone should go through what's left and double check platforms. I noticed a lot of discrepancies, but didn't think to start keeping track of them until I was already a good way into things.

Anywho, here's the list of potential removals (or items that could fall under potential removal) Not all of them need to be removed, and of course I could have made mistakes. Also some of the remakes may need deserve a place while others don't. I figure if no one advocates for them, then we shouldn't worry about it.
    1. Age of Zombies (I’m seeing that this was maybe released in 2010, should probably investigate further)
    2. Anomaly 2 (PS4 port of a PC in 2013)
    3. Another World-20th Anniversary Edition (Graphical Update of a 20 year old game, dunno if this counts)
    4. Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! (Update of Arcana Heart 3)
    5. Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD (HD Port of the 2012 Vita game)
    6. Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (Remake of a 2009/2010 game)
    7. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (Remake of a 1998 game that was originally released in 2012! :))
    8. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (HD update of a 2013 Handheld version)
    9. BattleBlock Theater (Port of a 2013 game)
    10. BloodRayne: Betrayal (Port of a 2013 console release)
    11. Borderlands 2 (Vita port of a 2012 release)
    12. Botanicula (iOS port of a 2012 release)
    13. Broken Age Act 1 (Episodic, wait for the second episode?)
    14. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 1 (Released in 2013)
    15. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 2 (Final Episode, Combine?)
    16. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Android port of a 2013 release)
    17. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD (HD port of 2013 release)
    18. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Console port of a 2012 release)
    19. Citizens of Earth (Apparently won’t be released until 2015!)
    20. Civilization V (Linux port of a 2010 release)
    21. Colin McRae Rally (I think this is a pc release of a 2013 iOS game, but it’s hard to tell)
    22. Crimsonland (Port of a 2003 Pc release, I think)
    23. Cubemen 2 (WiiU port of a 2013 release, I think)
    24. D4 (Episodic, wait for further episodes?)
    25. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4/Vita update of a 2010 release, I think)
    26. Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition (DLC repackaing and PC port of a 2013 release)
    27. Deus Ex: The Fall (Droid/PC port of a 2013 release)
    28. Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Vita port of a 2011 release)
    29. Distant Worlds: Universe (Game+Expansion bundle, game originally released in 2010)
    30. Divekick: Addition Edition + (Update to a 2013 release)
    31. Don't Starve: Console Edition (Console port of a 2013 release)
    32. Don't Starve: Giants Edition (Vita port of a 2013 release)
    33. Double Dragon Neon (PC port of a 2012 release)
    34. Drawn to Life (iOS port of a 2007 release)
    35. Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey (Episodic? Wait for full release?)
    36. Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project (iOS port of a 2002 release)
    37. Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4 port of a 2012 release)
    38. Dustforce (Console port of a 2012 release)
    39. Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (Stand-alone expansion)
    40. F1 2013 (Released in 2013, this was probably a goof on someone’s part)
    41. F1 Race Stars (WiiU port of a 2012 release)
    42. Fable Anniversary (Remake of a 2004 release)
    43. Far Cry Classic (HD remake of a 2004 release)
    44. Fez (PS3/4/Vita port of a 2012 release)
    45. Final Fantasy III (HD port of a 2006 remake of a 1990 release)
    46. Final Fantasy IV (HD port of a 2007 remake of a 1991 release)
    47. Final Fantasy VI (iOS/Android port of a 1994 release)
    48. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (HD port of 2001/2003 releases)
    49. Final Fantasy XIII (PC port of a 2010 release)
    50. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS4 port of a 2013 overhaul to a 2010 release)
    51. Football Manager Classic 2014 (Vita port of a 2013 release)
    52. Forza Motorsport 5 Racing Game of the Year Edition (Rerelease of a 2013 release, I think)
    53. Fractured Soul (PC ??? of a 2012 3DS release, I think)
    54. FTL: Advanced Edition (iOS port of a 2012 release)
    55. Grand Theft Auto V (HD port of a 2013 release)
    56. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Mobile (Windows Phone port of a 2013 iOS/Android port of a 2004 release)
    57. Gravity Crash Ultra (Vita port of a 2009 release)
    58. Grid 2 Reloaded Edition (Mac port of a 2013 release)
    59. Guacamelee! Gold Edition (PC port of a 2013 release)
    60. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Next gen port/update of a 2013 release)
    61. Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming (Released in Japan in 2011, PC port of a 2011 release)
    62. Halo: Spartan Assault (X360 port of a 2013 release)
    63. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (It’s an HD remaster of Halo 2 and ports of a bunch of other games that came out before 2013)
    64. Happy Wars (PC port of a 2012 release)
    65. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (Vita port of a 2013 release)
    66. Hitman: Absolution - Elite Edition (Mac port of a 2012 release)
    67. Hotline Miami (PS4 port of a 2012 release)
    68. How to Survive (Next gen port of a 2013 release)
    69. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (Vita remake of a 2010(Japan)/2011 release)
    70. Inazuma Eleven (Weird duck, 3DS update of a 2008/2011 DS game that wasn’t ever released in America, remake was released in Japan in 2012)
    71. Infamous: First Light (Stand-alone DLC)
    72. Joe Danger (Vita port of a 2010 release)
    73. KickBeat (Next gen port of a 2013 release)
    74. Killer Instinct: Season 2 (DLC for a 2013 release, I’m not sure if it would be considered “Stand-alone.” Also I don’t think it’s all out yet.)
    75. Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition (PC port of a 2013 release)
    76. Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept (DLC, available as stand-alone)
    77. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (HD ports of games going back to 2005)
    78. Kung Fu Rabbit (Port of a 2013 release)
    79. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (DS/3DS/Max ports of a 2013 release)
    80. Lone Survivor (PS4/WiiU ports of a 2012 release)
    81. Marvel Heroes 2015 (Relaunch of a 2013 release)
    82. Massive Chalice (Still in Early Access!)
    83. Master Reboot (PS3/WiiU port of a 2013 release)
    84. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC port of a 2013 release)
    85. Metro Redux (HD ports of 2010/2013 releases)
    86. Minecraft (Next gen port of a 2011 release)
    87. Mini Metro (Still in Early Access)
    88. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (iOS port of a 2008/2009 release)
    89. My Singing Monsters (Vita port of a 2012 release)
    90. Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition (Rerelease of a 2013 release)
    91. NES Remix Pack (Retail package of two downloadable titles, one from 2013, one which is already on this list)
    92. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! (Remake of a 1997 release)
    93. Outland (PC port of a 2011 release)
    94. Outlast (Console port of a 2013 release)
    95. Pac-Man Museum (Game compilation 1980-2011)
    96. Paper Monster Recut (I think this is a port of a 2012 iOS game)
    97. Peggle 2 (X360/PS4 port of a 2013 release)
    98. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (Vita port of a 2013 release)
    99. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (Port/Update of the first three games, released prior to 2001-2004 in Japan and 2005-2007 elsewhere)
    100. Pier Solar HD (HD port of a 2010 release)
    101. Pinball FX 2 (XONE port of a 2010 release)
    102. PixelJunk Shooter (PS4/Vita port of a 2009 release)
    103. PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS4/Vita port of a 2011 release)
    104. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Remakes of 2002 releases)
    105. Poptropica: Forgotten Islands (3DS port of a 2013 release, I think)
    106. Pure Chess (PS4 port of a 2012 release)
    107. Race the Sun (PS3/4/Vita port of a 2013 release)
    108. Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (PS3/Vita update to a 2012 release)
    109. Rayman Legends (Next gen port of a 2013 release)
    110. Redux: Dark Matters (Remake of a 2009 release)
    111. Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition (HD update to an HD update to a game released in 2005)
    112. Rhythm Thief & The Paris Caper (iOS port of a 2012 release)
    113. Rocksmith 2014 (Next gen port of a 2013 release)
    114. Rogue Legacy (PS3/4/Vita port of a 2013 release)
    115. Ryse: Son of Rome (PC port of a 2013 release)
    116. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (HD port of a 2012 release)
    117. Slender: The Arrival (X360/PS3 port of a 2013 release)
    118. Spelunky (PS4 port of a 2009 release)
    119. Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut (HD update(?) of a 2013 release, maybe?)
    120. Super Time Force Ultra (PC update of Super Time Force, which is already on the list)
    121. Surgeon Simulator (Droid port of a 2013 release)
    122. Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition (PS4 update/not stand-alone DLC for a 2013 release)
    123. Table Top Racing (Vita/Droid port of a 2013 release)
    124. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (X360/PS3 port of a 2012 release
    125. Teslagrad (WiiU/PS3/4/Vita port of a 2013 release)
    126. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Remake of a 2011 release)
    127. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (This is weird; it’s episodic, with certain episodes being out in certain regions, spanning several years. I haven’t a clue what to do with it)
    128. The Room (PC port of a 2012 release)
    129. The Swapper (PS3/4/Vita/WiiU port of a 2013 release)
    130. The Unfinished Swan (PS4/Vita port of a 2012 release)
    131. The Walking Dead: Season Two (Episodic, finished, 2013-2014)
    132. The Wolf Among Us (Episodic, finished, 2013-2014)
    133. The World Ends with You (Droid port of a 2007/2008 release)
    134. Thomas Was Alone (iOS/Droid/WiiU/PS4/XONE port of a 2012 release)
    135. Tiny Brains (PS3 port of a 2013 release)
    136. Total War: Rome II (Mac port of a 2013 release)
    137. Total War: Shogun 2 (Mac port of a 2011 release)
    138. TowerFall Ascension (PS4/PC/Mac/Linux port of a 2013 release)
    139. Ultimate NES Remix (Not quite a port of the two console releases, I dunno about this one)
    140. Ultra Street Fighter IV (Update to a 2009 game)
    141. Valkyria Chronicles (PC port of a 2008 game)
    142. Vertical Drop Heroes HD (It used to be a flash game, now it’s a full game)
    143. Vessel (PS3 port of a 2012 release)
    144. Warface (X360 port of a 2013 release)
    145. Warframe (PS4/XONE port of a 2013 release)
    146. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (Update of a 2011/2012 release)
    147. World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition (X360 port of a 2011 release; may actually be a different game, I dunno)
    148. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (Expansion, not stand-alone)

Okay, the rest of these are just various oddities

Not out quite yet
    Elite: Dangerous
    Exogenesis: Perils of Rebirth
    Halo: Spartan Strike
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    Primal Carnage: Extinction (I can’t tell if this is out yet)
    The Crew
    Winx Club: Saving Alfea (?)

Renames
    Agarest: Generations of War Zero is known as Record of Agarest War Zero in the states
    The Voice is called The Voice: I Want You

Released Outside of the US prior to 2014
    ArcheAge (Released in Korea in 2013)
    Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (Released in Japan in 2013)
    BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (Released in Japan in 2013)
    BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma (Released in Japan in 2012)
    Bravely Default (Released in Japan in 2012, and Europe & Austraila in 2013)
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appetit! (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Released in Japan on PSP in 2012, and Vita in 2013)
    Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Released in Japan on PSP in 2010, iOS in 2012, and Vita in 2013)
    Demon Gaze (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Disney Magical World (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Drakengard 3 (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Earth Defense Force 2025 (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Elminage Gothic (Released in Japan in 2012)
    Fairy Fencer F (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Fantasy Life (Released in Japan in 2012)
    Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends (Released in Japan in 2013)
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (Release in Japan in 2013)
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Mind Zero (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Monster Monpiece (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Mugen Souls Z (Released in Japan in 2013)
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (Released in Japan in 2012)
    One Piece: Unlimited World RED (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Released in arcades in Japan in 2013)
    Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Released in Japan in 2012)
    Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (Vita port of a 2013 Japan only PSP game)
    Tales of Hearts R (Remake of a 2008 Japan-only release)
    Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Tales of Xillia 2 (Released in Japan in 2012)
    Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (Released in Japan in 2013)
    The Witch and the Hundred Knight (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Tomodachi Life (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Released in Japan in 2013)
    Vib-Ribbon (Released in Japan in 1999)
    Xblaze Code: Embryo (Releeased in Japan in 2013)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also, a few games to add to the list

Hack 'n' Slash (PC)
    Mind: Path to Thalamus (PC)
    Mount Your Friends (PC)
    Only If (PC)
    Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (PC)
    Rogue Shooter: The FPS Roguelike (PC)
    Sigils of Elohim (PC, iOS)
    Spoiler Alert (PC)
    The Talos Principle (PC)
    Ziggurat (PC) (Not to be confused with the 2012 iOS game of the same name)

Shadowgate (PC) is a ground up remake of a game that's been remade a bazillion times, so I dunno if we want to count it. For what it's worth, it's a SUPER good remake.

Undead Scottsman on