Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Last year, I slept through my Thanksgiving, away from the dinner I personally prepared.
    This year, I work through my Thanksgiving, away from the dinner I personally prepared.

Getting an acoustic guitar, a couple games and some tasty leftovers this time around. So it's good!

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @EvmaAlsar has decided I need to take the length of the winter nights here literally.

o0zxuw4zee9p.jpg

Cheers, chap! <3

tld.jpg 89.6K
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Just minding my own business when @EvmaAlsar‌ decides to gift me not one but 2 games, thanks for The Last Door Collectors Edition and Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut!

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @EvmaAlsar‌ decided that 'Shade' was close enough to 'Lord of Shadows' to warrant gifting me Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2! Thank you!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    So I alt-tabbed to riff on Pod People during the MST3k Turkey Day marathon and I see a giant Steam pop up saying that @EvmaAlsar‌ decided to be a giant classhole.

Thanks for Mirror of Fate HD!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    First Jazz with Deus Ex's Director's Cut, and now @TOGSolid with Shadowrun Returns' Director's Cut

rONKPfC.jpg

I got so many director's cuts I feel like I'm a Peter Jackson movie. Thanks guys!

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Is there some reason that I can't sign in to steamgifts?

My guess is the site's getting hammered.

Which is the case quite often. It is the only site I've visited in years that is consistently difficult to access.

It's bugging the shit out of me because I want to create a giveaway, not enter one.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, The Amazing Spider-Man is on sale on Amazon for Steam at $10. Is that game worth $10?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    By all accounts...maybe. I wouldn't recommend paying more than that.

And let's just say the second one...is not.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So yeah, Titanfall for $5 is absolutely worth it. So much fun.

I got it too. So much fun. I don't understand why there aren't more people playing it.

@anoffday - were you playing last night? 99% sure we were in the same game. And that you killed me.

I was! Is your origin name the same as your pa name?

Yes sir. We should be Origin friends.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    As I was setting the new high score on my friends leaderboard for Star Wars Droids pinball table @akajaybay decided that my interruption of his dinner could not go unpunished!

g9bztp751a26.jpg

I have been destroyed, obliterated and way outgunned.

Thank you so much! Your generosity is beyond compare you classy gent you!

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    Thoughts on Might Magic X?

I enjoyed it. It had much of the old school MM games in it.
    The only hesitation I have reccomending it wholeheartedly is that it felt unpolished in parts, and didn't feel like the grand scale that the old MM games had.
    Also, the DLC is tough. Very drag yourself by your eyelids up a dirt road kind of tough. I think I enjoyed it the most out of the game.

• Options
    Is Titanfall mainly a versus game? Because that's all I'm getting out of my research.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Is Titanfall mainly a versus game? Because that's all I'm getting out of my research.

It's actually entirely multiplayer. It was the first full-priced AAA "nope, not even bothering with a single player campaign" release. It didn't pan out as well as they'd hoped.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Wolfenstien can't be sold in Germany? Eeesh, there's gotta be a story there.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    @Krummith started it by sending my a copy of Journal.

MrS6rK3.jpg

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Darlan wrote: »

Swastika is banned in Germany

Zavian on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Not really. Just Nazis. A lot of WWII games aren't allowed in Germany.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    I'm full of ale, and L-tryptophan,
    That means Birthanksgiving is upon us (due to the evolving calendar, its not birthanksgivmakkuah this year,)
    you've been warned

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Swastika as entertainment is banned in Germany

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

It's actually entirely multiplayer. It was the first full-priced AAA "nope, not even bothering with a single player campaign" release. It didn't pan out as well as they'd hoped.

IMO, it worked wonders. You still get a "campaign" with cinematic moments and stuff, but you're playing a multiplayer game. There's no learning curve to the MP component because that's all you're ever playing.

Also, for those playing, there's some PA/Merch insignias for your Titan.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner (it's just turkey tacos, we've rarely been about cooking a full turkey and already had a nice lunch at my Grandpa's retirement home) and decided to hop on to chat due in part to Shade not gifting everyone in sight and sometimes I just need some quick perusal material during the cooking downtime.

So @EvmaAlsar calls it a night and I, being coincidentally at my computer, decide to wish him night. Not even a "good night" mind you, just a "night" with a name attached.

Well, my mistake.

xA8e8ly.jpg?1

In true Lords of Shadow fashion I have sworn unholy vengeance upon him be it this sale or the next. Or the one after that. Really it's going to happen sometime. I have this notepad with various names scrawled on it.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Primeworld Defenders is pretty highly regarded on these boards, so I'm very excited at the prospect of taking it for a whirl now that @Iolo has given it to me as a gift! Many thanks, my good sir! :smile: How's Dungeon of the Endless treating you these days? I'm due home this afternoon so in the next week I'm very likely to be streaming it while I unlock the last few characters and give other ships a go

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @EvmaAlsar‌ wishes me a happy turkey day and leaves two gifts in his wake.

PAEvemaAIGeminiRueWar.jpg

Thanks for AI War: Fleet Command and Gemini Rue!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

It is sold in Germany but it's called Wolfenstein: The New Order German Edition. It's still the same game but with all the swastikas censored and some of the dialog changed. At least they didn't censor the violence/blood in this one.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Maguano2TheLongDark.jpg

@Maguano makes good on his promises upthread and gifts The Long Dark.

Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    In true Lords of Shadow fashion I have sworn unholy vengeance upon him be it this sale or the next. Or the one after that. Really it's going to happen sometime. I have this notepad with various names scrawled on it.

I actually use a notepad file for "the names". Which I may or may not have consulted today . . .

Well, it's good enough to kill the minute interest that I may have had for it. Combining FPS and multiplayer has resulted in some of the most unfun experiences of my gaming life. :biggrin:

• Options
    I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner (it's just turkey tacos, we've rarely been about cooking a full turkey and already had a nice lunch at my Grandpa's retirement home) and decided to hop on to chat due in part to Shade not gifting everyone in sight and sometimes I just need some quick perusal material during the cooking downtime.

So @EvmaAlsar calls it a night and I, being coincidentally at my computer, decide to wish him night. Not even a "good night" mind you, just a "night" with a name attached.

Well, my mistake.

xA8e8ly.jpg?1

Wait... there is a LOS2 complete bundle but it only seems to exist in UKland? Damn.
    Ehh... still have to finish LOS1 and Mirror of Fate on 3DS :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    @Maguano got me in his turkey fueled gift spree as well.
    Thanks for Date Warp.

JrjOCgi.jpg

• Options
    @Maguano‌ hits me with The Long Dark! Thank you!

This winter when its dark and cold I can play a game about being dark and cold, thats twice the realism!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    is it a spoiler if its a movie from 1972?
    edit, don't watch if you've never sen the Godfather, and never will, as this is the climax of the first movie

Maguano on
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    so I totally forgot I had this extra Thanksgiving leftover from the SEGA humblebundle, if you have Rome II then by all means snatch it up, it's a good DLC campaign with some nice new factions/units:

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC)

Thanks. I broke down and bought Rome II.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Maguano wrote: »
    edit, don't watch if you've never sen the Godfather, and never will, as this is the climax of the first movie

One day I'll watch those. One day...

Edit: not on Netflix, it won't be today.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014

I actually use a notepad file for "the names". Which I may or may not have consulted today . . .

I used to have a list too, but then it started growing faster than I could ever hit people back and that just made me feel worse. So now I just try and give back what I can whenever I have the means to do so. Some of you monsters are marked forever, though, list or no list.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

about 10 (? 15?) years ago they had a one night showing of the original Godfather on a big screen in manhattan (aka, the city). I went, and it was glorious.

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I watched the first one for the first time in my life about two weeks ago.

It's strange in that it's every bit as good as you can imagine, and that I knew enough pop-culture references to know what was coming. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if Shade is someone you should be listening to @destroyah87‌ He's clearly a bad influence
    i6m91ab7i3jp.png

Thanks for Shadow Warrior, Destroyah!

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    A Steamsgiving surprise!

Mo7U3Sq.jpg

Thanks, @Maguano‌. This has been very well received by folks here in the thread who have played it and I'm excited to be able to give it a whirl myself. If I recall correctly, the best way to kill your colony is to put your kids in school. Get those kids to work! School kills!

Thanks very much. <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    @ReverseCreations‌ and @destroyah87‌

dnxynvopo025.jpg

someone.....

anyone......

help...

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

I used to have a list too, but then it started growing faster than I could ever hit people back and that just made me feel worse. So now I just try and give back what I can whenever I have the means to do so. Some of you monsters are marked forever, though, list or no list.

@Kalnaur, if you are going to be around for a while, I'd recommend going ahead and upgrading to a spreadsheet now. ;)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
This discussion has been closed.