Options

[TV]I want a Sandwich, I Make a Sandwich, I Eat the Sandwich

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Just saw Toy Story Time Forgot.

Yeah, that was pretty great.

Also, I will bet cash money that there are a lot of kids thinking "I want a Reptillus Maximus", right before the commercial explaining they're in stores now. I'm not going to praise the morality of that sort of thing, but from a purely cynical prospective, that was really well done.

I thought there was a law against doing that? Maybe it doesn't apply to primetime?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    kroll show's bizzare canadian soap opera show sketch is amazing

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I like Kroll Show but it has been beaten in pretty much every possible way by Key & Peele, Nathan For You, and Review

Kroll Show actually did some very interesting things with sketch. The way sketches bled into each other and had their own (and joint) continuities was a very deftly-handled, unique take.

K&P is out-and-out funnier, Nathan For You is ballsier, Review has an unrivaled grasp on tone. But Kroll Show does have its merits, yeah.

It's crazy that four risk-taking comedies could all be given the chances they have, on the same network, at the same time. Well played, Comedy Central.

Somebody at Comedy Central's got some taste and I love them for it. The ones you mentioned, but also Inside Amy Schumer has some really good stuff at times, and I LOVE Broad City. Even when Broad City's jokes don't land hard with me, I just appreciate that somebody let these two women make their show, jokes about pooping, periods, and other stuff that surprise, women actually joke about too. The fact that Hannibal Burress is the greatest side character on TV is just icing on the cake.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait how do they do that
    You're gonna lose the top and bottom of the image, right

If you read the Simon blog I linked, during the delay they spent a ton of time going through the entire series, reframing certain scenes, etc. to make it work. Like he said, some of it actually came out better, and a lot of it was hard to make work, but I have no doubt with the effort they put into it it's going to be a fine version of the show that doesn't lose anything about what the show is about.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was just thinking I'd like to see Scott Adsit in more stuff so I check IMDB and find out...HE'S THE VOICE OF MOTHERFUCKING BAYMAX!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

Also, I will bet cash money that there are a lot of kids thinking "I want a Reptillus Maximus", right before the commercial explaining they're in stores now. I'm not going to praise the morality of that sort of thing, but from a purely cynical prospective, that was really well done.

I thought there was a law against doing that? Maybe it doesn't apply to primetime?

If that were true transformers wouldn't exist

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

If that were true transformers wouldn't exist

I think Transformers was primarily one of the reasons the law existed. Something put into effect in the late 80s/early 90s that banned merchandise from being advertised during the show that it is based on or something. I'll see if I can look up details when I get a free moment.

• Options
    you may be thinking of places that are not the United States. There are no legal regulations on children's advertising in the US, but there are in other countries, which includes laws against product placement and commercials in things that are 30 minutes long

• Options
    It's possible it isn't US, I only vaguely remember hearing about it years ago, and then once more a little more recently when a modern show (Spongebob?) got hit with a fine or something for accidentally violating the rule.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    No its deginitely illegal. You cant air say a Transformer toy commercials during a transformers cartoon/movie. It may have been overturned at some point but it was definitely a thing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    How Toyetic!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It's possible it isn't US, I only vaguely remember hearing about it years ago, and then once more a little more recently when a modern show (Spongebob?) got hit with a fine or something for accidentally violating the rule.

There are rules about children's programming and how many ads can run during the show and also that you can't advertise product for that show during the show in the US. However, I believe those rules would likely not apply for a special night time family event program as it would be aimed at the entire family, and not flagged specifically for children.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

I'm mad that when I met Buzz that he did not invite me to yell at the moon with him.

• Options
    I would pay cash money to yell at the moon with Buzz Aldrin.

• Options
    No its deginitely illegal. You cant air say a Transformer toy commercials during a transformers cartoon/movie. It may have been overturned at some point but it was definitely a thing

There are rules about children's programming and how many ads can run during the show and also that you can't advertise product for that show during the show in the US. However, I believe those rules would likely not apply for a special night time family event program as it would be aimed at the entire family, and not flagged specifically for children.

Yay, my memory's not lying to me. I was starting to wonder if I had dreamed the whole thing since googling wasn't getting me any real results.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Mike and Bryan mentioned that rule during one of the commentaries in Korra. They were talking about how the baby Sky Bison would make excellent plushies, but that advertising said item during the show wasn't allowed.

sig.gif
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I'll give it another shot then. Thanks! Also I thought New Girl was fantastic this week.

if you've already seen the first few episodes anyway, you should go ahead and jump ahead to T.R.A.C.K.S. which I think is episode 13

Hmm... That might be a good call. That way I can see if the good part of the show grabs me without wasting time if it doesn't.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Kenneth's drunk speech at the end of season 4 is one of my favorite 30 Rock moments.
    giphy.gif

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Kenneth's drunk speech at the end of season 4 is one of my favorite 30 Rock moments.
    giphy.gif

This and the Midnight train to Georgia, are constantly tied for my favorite Kenneth scene

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Pete's nightmare about Kenneth might be my favorite 30 Rock moment all together...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhrNAzTFpU

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This is my favorite Kenneth moment.

And also the hardest I have laughed at any point in 30 Rock.

http://youtu.be/TrTApi6Gb5k

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Jack McBrayer is a treasure

• Options
    "Choosing is a sin so I just write in the Lord's name"
    "That's Republican, we count those"

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Haha the new New Girl
    "Republican or Democrat?"
    "Westwing"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    "Gorilla or monkey?"
    "Gorilla, hands down"
    "Miranda or Carrie?"
    "Gorilla"

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm currently storing a frisbee on my neighbours roof

• Options
    *scuttles out of the room taped to a wheelie chair*

• Options
    Live every week, like it's Shark Week

• Options
    "Maybe you should give her our can opener. Everybody gives bums cans, but they can't open them cans. How they gonna open the cans, Nick?!"

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Dayum, Utopia certainly was something in the ol' british telly! :O

• Options
    Nick initially being weirded out by the newspaper blanket and then loving it is the best thing.

• Options
    Most of the actors in Once Upon a Time suck.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Dayum, Utopia certainly was something in the ol' british telly! :O

It's fantastic yeah, a real shame there won't be a third series

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

Yes. Yes they do. The lead especially

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

There's only one exceptional actor on OUaT.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Bucky?

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I keep watching Blacklist because of James Spader
    but I think I'm going to stop now, because this show's notsogood

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Bucky?

Sebastian Stan is great, but really only guests on the show

Robert Carlisle is the true great part of the show

• Options
    I think Charming might be my least favorite actor on the show.

This discussion has been closed.