As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. - Special Tournament with PRIZES on Dec. 13th

1939495969799»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    You should sign up anyways because it's pretty common to have people miss the tournament. Right now there's just one person ahead of you on the waiting list.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    If it comes to it, I'd be happy to let someone else take my spot, too. I'll be here in case everyone gets in already and I'll play, but I don't want to play if someone else still needs a spot when the time comes

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    Anyone want to get some games in?

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Hey just found a stray Little Mac at a gamestop. Quelle surprise!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
      edited December 2014

I'll play with ya Chopper, if you're still around. You have for wiiu?

Sonork on
    • Options
      GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
      Viskod wrote: »
      Oh my god I am so out of practice it has been too many years since I've played a Smash Brothers game.

I couldn't even get all of the rewards on the initial battles in Event Mode. The one with Mega Man vs Pac-Man Pickachu and Yellow Devil fucked me over so many times and I barely won after dying on it ssoooo many times.

Oohhhh you're in for a treat.

• Options
      Sonork wrote: »

I'll play with ya Chopper, if you're still around. You have for wiiu?

Yep, just added you!

• Options
      edited December 2014
      Damn our connection to each other is red. I guess no playings for us Chopper. ><

I am west coast Canada.

Sonork on
    • Options
      My internet is being crappy, sorry. I'll try hosting a room one more time but if it doesn't work I guess we'll have to try again later.

• Options
      I've done a bit of post-launch cleanup for next OP, and I've included custom moves unlocks for challenges in case people need it.

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      Yeah, crappy Internet is crappy. Sorry dude.

• Options
      edited December 2014
      It's fine, it was good for a minute or 2. oh well.

Sonork on
    • Options
      EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
      Man, some of Dedede's custom moves are just amazing. His damaging inhale is great.

• Options
      WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
      I once did Ganondorf's heavy down-B from the air and it hit a guy's shield twice, shattering it in one go

A bit narrow in terms of usefulness but setting people up for a guaranteed reverse Warlock Punch is nice

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      ConnConn Registered User regular
      I'm glad we're allowed to switch characters between games tomorrow. Gives me a better chance to see how I fair with different characters in a tournament setting. I worry that I lack the caution and patience needed for a good Bowser game. Wario seems to fit my style a bit more: thoughtless aerial attack.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
    • Options
      CantidoCantido Registered User regular
      In over ten years, it still drives me crazy that I can't use the D pad for movement.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    • Options
      RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
      Tilting and Smashing wouldn't work on a dpad, If you pressed left or right you'd instantly start dashing in that direction and lose the more technical movements like walking (which sometimes dashing is not what you want, and you need to move a bit slower to get your positioning.)

steam_sig.png
      PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    • Options
      GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
      I was having a godawful time with Smash today. Fucking up Crazy Orders left and right, failed multiple attempts at the Dr. Mario trophy rush challenge...

But then I discovered the photo studio, and all was well again. So fun!

• Options
      JediabiwanJediabiwan Registered User regular
      Rubycat wrote: »
      Tilting and Smashing wouldn't work on a dpad, If you pressed left or right you'd instantly start dashing in that direction and lose the more technical movements like walking (which sometimes dashing is not what you want, and you need to move a bit slower to get your positioning.)

You can play smash with the wii remote on it's side. It's not the best in anyway, but it's playable.

• Options
      RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
      edited December 2014
      How does that even work? you have the dpad and A and B. the + and - aren't even in good locations if they have a function. Im going to guess A and B are shield or jump/grab(shield and attack grabs) and 1 and 2 are attack and special or something.. but that's still a doosy of a time to control the game like that

Rubycat on
      steam_sig.png
      PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    • Options
      You double tap to dash. Smashes are simultaneous presses of the dpad and A, whereas tilts are pressing the dpad and then A.

It...works but I cannot imagine why you'd want to play that way. I think it's done because when Brawl came out a ton of households were very likely to have a wiimote but not everyone would have enough nunchuks. It's basically a last-ditch alternative for controllers, much in the same way Smash 4 let's you use a 3DS as a Wii U controller: it's there for people who can't find eight ideal controllers.

YL9WnCY.png
    This discussion has been closed.