Options

Bob Saget [chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'd love to have a car

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have thought about a scooter to go the 2 miles to the train. Not worrying about parking would be awesome.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I still text shaz random emoji messages from time to time

All I want is for emoji to work on this forum

But then it would be the smiling poop emoji and nothing else for page after page.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'd love to have a car

Build one out of copper wire.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Deebs can I dj your nye NYC p-r-t

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I still text shaz random emoji messages from time to time

All I want is for emoji to work on this forum

But then it would be the smiling poop emoji and nothing else for page after page.

Though that would improve some threads.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a cheap practical city car and then a motorcycle because I'm young and restless.

I wanted a motorcycle for a long time

so cheap!

but then I got scared that I was going to do a sweet wheelie and die in a fireball

I've been tempted, especially with some of the nicer electric stuff coming out since it's way more reasonably priced than electric cars but I don't really have anywhere I could keep it.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    did you buy from a dealership or did your uncle help you or something

god hakkes this is like pulling teeth

jesus christo its liek u dont even chat on Friday when i said all dis

My uncle got it from a used car dealership auction that he attended with his dealer buddy

When he showed up with it I was like D: I didn't expect the car you picked to be so nice! I was resigned to another junker

noice : )

we got sarah's car used from a guy who bought at auction, I was p pleased with the experience

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a cheap practical city car and then a motorcycle because I'm young and restless.

where do you live?

i have a motorscooter and love it but can only use it during 8 months of the year (if i'm lucky)

also it's really only good within the city. if i'm going outside boston, somerville or cambridge it's kind of dicey.

however, within the city it's the best way to get around if the weather is cooperating.

do you have a scarf and/or goggles

if n i am so disappoint

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebs can I dj your nye NYC p-r-t

The bar has a DJ already. You can DJ the preparty.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    @Casual‌

Christmas come early for you

Clover has an SA80

Does the airsoft version spew casings in wildly random directions so you can get the full SA80 experience of getting burns on all of your exposed skin? And did they subcontract production to a German company to get a version that actually works?

NO!

It was a Taiwanese company. >.>

But seriously two things. Firstly aside from being laughably in ergonomic the L85A2 is a good bucking gun. And secondly my G&G L85A2 is a fucking beast that out ranges everything except snipers.

It just doesn't do single shot so well...

Or shoot NATO standard ammo if it's one of the pre-H&K redesign. And it will do single shot just fine. Wack it on the barrel and sometimes it will let out a random shot.

I'm talking about the airsoft one. Single shot on less than an 11.1v LiPo will fuck the gear box. But batteries that highly charged gradually kill the gun so...

As for the real knw you're being so unfair. All the shit you're talking about was the A1 not the A2. All we needed to make it good was perverted German science. >.>

It's a goofy bullpup design. All of the space guns deserve the mocking they get.

Typical american! You just want to keep the M4 forever.

The rest of the world is switching to bullpups so they must be doing something right. I especially like the tavor. Say what you like about what they use them for but the isrealis know how to make a good gun.

The M4 is a pretty solid design. It isn't prone to damage, it shares commonality of parts with the rest of the AR-15 family which keeps the costs down, and it doesn't jam often. It's one of those things where it does the job pretty well.

And bullpup popularity is because it provides a longer barrel length in a shorter design. In theory it allows for longer engagement ranges. There is some debate about what the engagement ranges will be in future conflicts. The trade off is that they are generally more complicated designs and a pain in the ass for lefties.

the HK416 is pretty much the same gun, as far as solidness goes, no?

Solid is not what I'd call it

Different piston systems. HK416 tests better but the field reports tend to favor the M4. The New York Times did a 100 solider survey of troops in Afghanistan about it and got very few complaints. So either they were all handpicked by the Army's press office or it legitimately has a very low problem rate. It's been my general experience that if soldiers are given a chance to complain, they will. It's a historical constant.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I miss not having a car.

Not buying gas or insurance.

Riding greyhounds with crazy people.

• Options
    i love my new car and drive it for like 15 minutes about 4 miles through the city every day

i feel like i am underusing it

I drive my car like twice a week : (

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

where do you live?

i have a motorscooter and love it but can only use it during 8 months of the year (if i'm lucky)

also it's really only good within the city. if i'm going outside boston, somerville or cambridge it's kind of dicey.

however, within the city it's the best way to get around if the weather is cooperating.

if n i am so disappoint

This is an actual picture I took of Gooey-kun on a motorcycle

l5zrjefmqkd1.jpg

• Options

where do you live?

upon learning this I am kinda mad we didn't get to ride double when I was in boston

• Options
    this could have been us

6450345341_c36d85a619.jpg

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    @Casual‌

Christmas come early for you

Clover has an SA80

Does the airsoft version spew casings in wildly random directions so you can get the full SA80 experience of getting burns on all of your exposed skin? And did they subcontract production to a German company to get a version that actually works?

NO!

It was a Taiwanese company. >.>

But seriously two things. Firstly aside from being laughably in ergonomic the L85A2 is a good bucking gun. And secondly my G&G L85A2 is a fucking beast that out ranges everything except snipers.

It just doesn't do single shot so well...

Or shoot NATO standard ammo if it's one of the pre-H&K redesign. And it will do single shot just fine. Wack it on the barrel and sometimes it will let out a random shot.

I'm talking about the airsoft one. Single shot on less than an 11.1v LiPo will fuck the gear box. But batteries that highly charged gradually kill the gun so...

As for the real knw you're being so unfair. All the shit you're talking about was the A1 not the A2. All we needed to make it good was perverted German science. >.>

It's a goofy bullpup design. All of the space guns deserve the mocking they get.

Typical american! You just want to keep the M4 forever.

The rest of the world is switching to bullpups so they must be doing something right. I especially like the tavor. Say what you like about what they use them for but the isrealis know how to make a good gun.

The M4 is a pretty solid design. It isn't prone to damage, it shares commonality of parts with the rest of the AR-15 family which keeps the costs down, and it doesn't jam often. It's one of those things where it does the job pretty well.

And bullpup popularity is because it provides a longer barrel length in a shorter design. In theory it allows for longer engagement ranges. There is some debate about what the engagement ranges will be in future conflicts. The trade off is that they are generally more complicated designs and a pain in the ass for lefties.

the HK416 is pretty much the same gun, as far as solidness goes, no?

Solid is not what I'd call it

Different piston systems. HK416 tests better but the field reports tend to favor the M4. The New York Times did a 100 solider survey of troops in Afghanistan about it and got very few complaints. So either they were all handpicked by the Army's press office or it legitimately has a very low problem rate. It's been my general experience that if soldiers are given a chance to complain, they will. It's a historical constant.

in the norwegian army it is replacing the AG3, so of course it gets thought of as flimsy. You could chop down a tree with that and use it just fine afterwards.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Commuting on two wheels is the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_Hs65DGocI

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'm currently very lucky. I have a 7 minute drive commute with no traffic. 14 with traffic. The only miles that get put on my car currently is driving to my best bud's house at least every other weekend which is 40 miles away. Oh and sometimes my wife takes my car to out of state conventions because the lighter doesn't work in her car anymore and she wants to plug in her phone on long trips.

But our cars are getting old. I want a new one. But I want to get a house / condo more. I have to get out of this shit apartment this year if it kills me.

• Options
    meanwhile the HK could be broken.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh hey this is on youtube now. Go watch it, Hans Rosling is great at talking about stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FACK2knC08E

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2014
    last week some neighbors we hadn't met put up a notice on the front door of our building they (jason, amanda and ginger) were having a holiday party in the next building and our building was invited!

frankie got excited and uncharacteristically wanted to go meet strangers, so she cooked some donuts (bacon + maple) and we went yesterday

when we got up to the door there was a big pile of shoes so we took them off and then when we walked in, people were doing some real hardcore caroling. not, like, a sing-along - some dude was on an electric organ and two women in the front were really belting them out with all the trills. it turned out that they were opera singers.

the dude playing the organ was wearing a sweater and a bow-tie and was some sort of molecular biologist. he looked like george will. i had figured that ginger was going to be a dog but instead ginger turned out to be a swedish girl whose swedish name was unpronounceable so she just went by ginger. almost everyone there was a vegan so they put a giant sign on frankie's donuts - "BACON PASTRY" it said.

there was a giant half-finished harpsichord in the small living room. the dude was building a harpsichord from a kit in a tiny condo. there was also a whole bunch of bicycle stuff up and around - like fridge magnets that said that the fridge would rather be biking, and an old-school framed french bike advertisement.

they were real nice people but seemed a little fussy and uptight. it was like if you took some super-waspy people from connecticut and then layered a bunch of hipster interests and lifestyle choices overtop them.

it was a real weird party, guys.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I really need to stop confusing David Lynch with David Fincher. I enjoy the stuff they've created for different reasons. But I keep getting them mixed up.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    a harpsichord.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus

where do you live?

if n i am so disappoint

sometimes i do!

tbh the goggles are kind of uncomfortable and i don't wear them much and you wouldn't really see them under my helmet. also a loose scarf is real unsafe.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options

where do you live?

upon learning this I am kinda mad we didn't get to ride double when I was in boston

oh shit dude if the weather behaves during pax and you actually make it we will do this

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    DA:I seems to wrap up my least favorite parts of RPGs in a nice package but everyone else digs it so I feel bad complaining.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Do djs all hold one ear of a set of headphones to their head with one hand and use the other hand to spin records

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    LOL at the scarlet letter on the donuts

• Options
    a harpsichord.

i know right?

and he was building one! in a tiny living room! it was all clamped together and the plans were hanging from the wall behind it.

also a whole lot of the other attendees were foreign people. i guess molecular biology and opera singers are very internationally cosmopolitan disciplines.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LOL at the scarlet letter on the donuts

BACON PASTRY

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    oh shit dude if the weather behaves during pax and you actually make it we will do this

I'm pretty sure I won't make it this year, but we should do it the following year if I can come

ideally with matching scarfs

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    DA:I seems to wrap up my least favorite parts of RPGs in a nice package but everyone else digs it so I feel bad complaining.

I can't play those games or the MEs either so don't feel bad.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    An image from the Esport Player Factory

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Commuting on two wheels is the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_Hs65DGocI

These people should be shot and killed on sight.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Why would you invite a whole building of people to a hipster vegan party without going "hey we're hipster vegans" ahead of time, because you know someone's going to bring a meat-thing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    It’s that time of the year every student dreads...FINALS WEEK. If you’re like everyone else, you’ve probably been procrastinating on that essay and haven’t even cracked open a book yet. Well, regardless of who you are, here are nine foolproof tips to help you win your finals week!

1. Learn a lot about metal: Metal is one of the most common substances on earth, so it’s bound to play a role in your finals week exams. Knowing everything there is to know about metal can give you the few extra points you need to beat the curve!

2. Use mnemonic devices to remember complex concepts: Here are a few common ones to get you started: LDSTRH6K2U, LINCOLNWASAPRESIDENT, and COLDWAR&&&CSLEWIS. Good luck!

3. Reward yourself after each final with a thousand dollars in cash: You’ve been working hard, so why not give yourself a little something to keep you going? A thousand dollars should do the trick.

4. Only listen to the violin part of the Who’s “Baba O’Riley” while studying: Scientists have proven that students who listen to the violin portion of “Baba O’Riley” score at least 15 percent higher than the average student.

5. No go-karts: Be firm about this. You might think you can study and go-kart at the same time, but you know that never works. Avoid go-karts altogether.

6. No dune buggies: Just like with go-karting, the notion that you can still study while prowling over monster dunes in your badass buggy is patently ridiculous.

7. Drink coffee through your mouth: If you think dunking your fingers in coffee is going to give you that caffeine boost, you’re off the mark. Use your m-hole!

8. Squeeze a rock very hard: Can’t hurt, right? So try it!

9. Learn like the pros by using an Argus GX4 Pencil: Its patented Smoothglyde™ graphite technology will take your test prep to the next level. When it comes to acing your finals, it’s Argus or go home.

@Blameless Cleric these tips from Clickhole are exactly what u need

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    But Hakkes the Camry isn't a compact how are you gonna park that thing

• Options
    rockrnger wrote: »

Interesting. What is it that you don't care for? People can not like things.

This discussion has been closed.