Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    EA's only tech support avenues are talking on the phone or a forum? :-1:

I've always used the live chat and they were pretty helpful.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    That Nekopara game looks gross and is hitting every checkbox on the "current anime games are creepy" scale.

Pretty sure they've been creepy for a while. It's just that they've not bothered coming to Steam until recently.

(also to clarify, I'm not actually playing these games, I just watch people play them because I have entirely too much time on my hands)

Well, yeah, but I've also seen the game getting covered on various websites where the writers are just like "cute cat girl game" is launching on Steam.

And I'm not really speaking in general about VNs but like most games in the style these days. Even Fire Emblem has a loli character (but don't worry, she's really a 1000 year old dragon).

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    If anyone happens to have a spare, I could still use a Monte for my badge!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I need Rhombus. Can trade Sliver, Tender, Sparkles, Clementine. I'm too dumb to figure out how to trade from the web interface though...herp derp

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Level 8 Foil is the best holiday badge.

63d442ea4d7448f152b1e526af7fdd7ce40b4f8b.png

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I hope bannerlord has horse drawn wagons you can station archers in. That would make traversing hills such a greater bitch and risk.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So aside from the reviews letting me know that uPlay could kill my puppy, steal my first born son, requires the blood of a goat in sacrifice to run, and may cause hair loss and/or impotence can someone give me a run down on Child of Light? Thus far my research reveals it looks pretty.

Bad poetry.
    Neat game.
    Pretty art.
    Worth the sale price.
    To those who hate Child of light's meter,
    my oppinion of your taste doth teeter
    for while sometimes odd in it's pace
    rhyming antics put a smile on my face.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Re divinity. So I went back to town and feel like I'm doing better. I also have figured out some stealing but not crafting yet. I went to plunder some graves and lo and behold a level 8 exploder popped out against my level 4 party. Yipes!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Level 8 Foil is the best holiday badge.

63d442ea4d7448f152b1e526af7fdd7ce40b4f8b.png

Even as someone who has put money into their Steam Wallet specifically in order to buy cards to craft badges during the sale... trying to get a level 8 foil badge is the kind of money/time-sink I ain't gonna go for.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    EA's only tech support avenues are talking on the phone or a forum? :-1:

I've always used the live chat and they were pretty helpful.

I did not see a "live chat" option. I saw a "have one of our folks call you" option, and I hate talking on phones, and I saw forums. Is there a hidden option?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    There I was, trying to get my JRPG on to FFXIII, but not really feeling it. Suddenly a child whispered something into my ear. Something sage for one so young. He told me to stick with FF13, "but when you're done, check this shit out. It's fucking dope."

kZrvfbn.png

Thank you very much @HyphyKezzy‌! I've heard great things about Child of Light and it's going up towards the top of my 'Up Next' list. I really appreciate it!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
    @Antoshka, Thank you. I'm still playing through the other gifts, so this is going on the dreaded backlog.
    enxt2rokxb79.jpg
    @Kalnaur, totally your fault, especially when you have the conspirator's laugh.
    vc2ww3ozawlu.jpg

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The Talos Principle refuses to install. I get a Steam Servers are Busy Error. What gives?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    repost!
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Giveaways! Giveaways! Giveaways!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ends on the greatest day of the year, New Years Day!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    AngiKate wrote: »
    Kalnaur, totally your fault, especially when you have the conspirator's laugh.

I did nothing!
    At least nothing intentional.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur, totally your fault, especially when you have the conspirator's laugh.

I did nothing!
    At least nothing intentional.

He's telling the truth
    Nothing I say is going to help.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Not one but two!

TYJHYu8.jpg

rYR9qoT.jpg

Thanks very much to both @Jeix and @Zen Vulgarity‌ for The Witcher 2: Witch Harder! Somehow 312 (!) of my Steam friends had acquired this smutty card collector but not me. Well that's been rectified! Jeix got in first, so Zen Vulgarity I hope you will find your copy another home (I have five friends who have it wishlisted if you need some ideas.)

Thanks to you both! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Crisis averted! Work was slow today, so my boss let me off early enough to cash my check at the bank, then run over to gamestop and buy a steam card. SHERLOCK HOLMES IS MINE! Was starting to get really worried I'd miss that one.

Now to restrain myself from spending the rest on Wasteland 2. It's not that I don't want the game, I just think it's highly unlikely I'd even install it before summer with how many games I'm buried under. At least I can bang out Sherlock Holmes in a weekend or two.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    So I was today trying to wrap of things at the office while out of nowhere I got an email with a gift from @Drovek‌ which had this:

giftfromdrovek.png

Thanks a lot man! Sorry to thank you until now but things were a bit troublesome today (I even had to stay at the office to eat.)

This good deed can't go unpunished.. I mean, unrewarded.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Scrolled down to "popular new releases" and this was the first result.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/333600/

@Pixelated Pixie‌ I've found your next game.

/But really, it's getting a little weird how many of these/how popular they are on Steam lately

There's a pretty large movement of Japanese developers lately, as if they're just now noticing the whole Steam thing. I think a sizable portion of the PC market has been hungry for JRPGs and such for some time, or at least it appeared that way whenever a title did hit the platform - even a mediocre, grind-heavy one like Agarest War. It feels like only yesterday that Valkyria Chronicles on PC was a pipe dream borne of the finest Colombian blow money can buy; now I'm getting press releases about fucking Hyperdimension Neptunia coming to Steam.

I'm betting that VN developers are counting on this appetite including that genre, and they could very well be right. In any case, 2014 has been a very interesting year for Steam, and it looks like that's going to continue well into 2015.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    AngiKateAngiKate Registered User regular
    NOBODY IS TRYING TO FRIEND ME! AAAAAHHHHH!

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

If nobody is friending you, why then, you have nothing to fear. You should pray to Poseidon to soothe your groundless fears.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Yes, you won't even know Nobody is there.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    And @Joe Camacho MKII wouldn't just let it slide, he sent not one, but two amazing games!

gwmwlnclj0ed.jpg

dea8785a1hi7.jpg

I was actually eyeing "I have no mouth..." for a while after reading the story from some Humble Book Bundle (it's good, in case you're wondering.) And more fast-paced mecha action is always welcome in my book.

Hope you have an awesome new years!

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Going to run a bit of a contest.

Guess one of the games that's going to be on the next flash sale. The first person to guess one of them will get either the game or something under 15 dollars (just because I can't quite afford to spend 50 dollars on some 10 percent off game).

Guessing will go until 1015 PM MST, 45 mins before the flashes go up.

Rules:

Must be a reasonably active poster
    No second guesses
    No editing
    Must be the game advertised (as in, if you guess the Amazing Spider-man and the advertised one is Amazing Spider-man 2, you would not win)

Corpekata on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Ohohohohoho.

O~hohohohooooooooo.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Guess one of the games that's going to be on the next flash sale. The first person to guess one of them will get either the game or something under 15 dollars (just because I can't quite afford to spend 50 dollars on some 10 percent off game).

Guessing will go until 1015 PM MST, 1 hour before the flashes go up.

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing
    Must be the game advertised (as in, if you guess the Amazing Spider-man and the advertised one is Amazing Spider-man 2, you would not win)

Well @Corpekata, I guess that FaceRig might show up.

@iolo just sent jackbooted government thugs to gift me Papers Please. Thank you for the glorious and classy obligation to serve the great Arstotzka! Also, I don't mind not having a front door anymore, I.. like the cold.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »

/But really, it's getting a little weird how many of these/how popular they are on Steam lately

There's a pretty large movement of Japanese developers lately, as if they're just now noticing the whole Steam thing. I think a sizable portion of the PC market has been hungry for JRPGs and such for some time, or at least it appeared that way whenever a title did hit the platform - even a mediocre, grind-heavy one like Agarest War. It feels like only yesterday that Valkyria Chronicles on PC was a pipe dream borne of the finest Colombian blow money can buy; now I'm getting press releases about fucking Hyperdimension Neptunia coming to Steam.

I'm betting that VN developers are counting on this appetite including that genre, and they could very well be right. In any case, 2014 has been a very interesting year for Steam, and it looks like that's going to continue well into 2015.

Interestingly, I've lately been getting more and more interested in VNs. Hope they bring the more nice/classic ones over.

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing

Fw 190 D-9 Dora for DCS world. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing

Dex.

(edit purely to put the link in.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing

Interstellar Marines!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    A extra helping of generosity from the Classhole @HyphyKezzy with a gift of Wasteland 2!

shp5v6txzbds.jpg

Very much appreciated!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Oh and since some people are gift averse (probably from earlier bombardments) if you guess and want to have something passed on to someone else instead of you, that works too

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Guess one of the games that's going to be on the next flash sale.

Legend of Korra.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing

Dark Souls II

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I need Itsy and Zippy, I'll take either if you still have them.

Sent

Reposting for those who might want it
    Requirements: You'll use it and not sell it, don't have the badge already

Cards available:
    Sliver
    Zippy

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Has Steam been extra poopy for anyone lately? Is it a DDOS type thing, or a bad internet connection, or both, or neither?

Is it just cause today is Tuesday?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »

Interestingly, I've lately been getting more and more interested in VNs. Hope they bring the more nice/classic ones over.

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing

Fw 190 D-9 Dora for DCS world. :P

considering the dcs library is already 65% off, and 70% of direct through ed it's pretty unlikely to go lower. If you don't mind leaving steam you can get it for 5% more off [direct from ed keys no longer register on steam]. WHat I plan to do with a few things after steam sale ends just to make sure they don't pop a daily so I can have it steam and direct from ed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »

I need Itsy and Zippy, I'll take either if you still have them.

Sent

Reposting for those who might want it
    Requirements: You'll use it and not sell it, don't have the badge already

Cards available:
    Sliver
    Zippy

Thank you for cards, even though I'm being shunned for my past Neopets addiction.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Rules:

No second guesses
    No editing
    I'll guess 1001 spikes.

Also, Shadowrun is pretty great.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    @Corpekata‌
    If we're able to pass along if we win, I'm guessing Agarest: Generations of War

This discussion has been closed.