As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kill Six Billion [Webcomics]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Power Creep

i-Gj9DGH2-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i'm sure the hyperconductive thinking aluminium can handle a skynet

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I think that's the saddest Tycho has been since ComicCon 2 years ago.
    i-H5gMDSs-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    568.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Smooth move Almond

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    diplomacy2.jpg

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Elaro wrote: »
    Okay, this is bugging me.

I lived in a one-room apartment with sink, fridge, local phone and internet, and that was the dorms. You had to buy your own food. I guess this whole "free cafeteria" thing is what you get for tuition that's not 2K/semester. I don't know, not letting collegiates buy what they eat and eat what they want I find is super coddling. Let them enjoy a little bit of adult power: choosing what to eat.

Does anyone know how widespread this is?

Mcgill university required that all students spending their first year in residence were required to buy a meal plan which had something like 7k on it. Their logic was that the vast majority of residence students were moving to montreal from other provinces or countries, and the uni didn't want any of them or their parents worrying about food. The meal plan was use-able at any food place on campus. Students past their first year had the option (and usually did) buy the plan again.

I thought it was a good idea, though the amount was a bit much and it didn't carry over to the next year or get refunded (the part I really didn't agree with); by the end of the year I had like 1.3k left on it and my friends and I just went through the cafeteria buying out their entire stock of soft drinks and juices.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Power Creep

i-Gj9DGH2-1050x10000.jpg

Wow, I looked it up, and I think W3 might be the first game my current system can't run. W2 was way over my system at the time it came out too, but it wasn't that great (my system handled everything else fine for a year or two at least)...I'm wondering if they're just bad at optimizing their games.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    Power Creep

i-Gj9DGH2-1050x10000.jpg

Wow, I looked it up, and I think W3 might be the first game my current system can't run. W2 was way over my system at the time it came out too, but it wasn't that great (my system handled everything else fine for a year or two at least)...I'm wondering if they're just bad at optimizing their games.

I think it's more that CD Projekt Red specifically designs their games to really, really push systems

I mean maybe they're bad at optimizing

But they told us long ago that this was going to be a very demanding game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2015
    Almond has a very different idea of what went down during the Noisemaster fight

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The minimum system requirements for Witcher 3 are my computer specs. So I guess this means I have Skynet and have been busy teaching it bad jokes and sarcasm.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Almond has a very different idea of what went down during the Noisemaster fight

Its looking like thats tradition too.

Cucumber needs to get a spine

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Power Creep

i-Gj9DGH2-1050x10000.jpg

I think it's more that CD Projekt Red specifically designs their games to really, really push systems

I mean maybe they're bad at optimizing

But they told us long ago that this was going to be a very demanding game

Mine still can't handle W2 even though it's technically in the minimum specs. I suspect the problem is the fact that I got a mid-level nVidia card, which, even though it's a more recent generation than the 8800, it doesn't have all the accelerators that the 8800 had. Either that or CD Projekt is bad at optimization.

Maybe a little bit of both.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2015-01-09-1091garage.png

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    "By the time I can afford the W3 system reqs it will be $10 on Steam."

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    7512b3e070e00132b90d005056a9545d

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity5824.gif

jerkcity5820.gif

jerkcity5819.gif

jerkcity5818.gif

this thread is now baptized in jerk

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    zMZ5WIi.jpg
    PERSONAL MISSION

Last page for the week!

Only a peek of the werewolves now, you'll get a better look at them all on next monday, see you then!

To be fair, he (?) probably doesn't feel cold down there.

Prague Race

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The longer this Prague Race plot arc goes on the more I love it

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I've been waiting to get into Prague Race until there is enough of a backlog, how long has it been going on?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I've been waiting to get into Prague Race until there is enough of a backlog, how long has it been going on?

The archive shows it started back in September '10 but the updates really didn't take off until November '14.

There is a fair bit already there but like all things it will end too soon.

• Options
    computerupdate.jpg

• Options
    150109.jpg

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    yessssss monstar pols

When you're a werewolf noone gives a shit if you're rolling the Donald Duck.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    20150109.png
    20150109after.png

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    tumblr_nhvrkmLpMk1u2a2jso1_1280.jpg

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    youredointhat

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I doubt there's anything common about any of that.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Power Creep

i-Gj9DGH2-1050x10000.jpg

I'm kinda baffled by them. My GPU surpasses the recommended specs one by a good tier or two, while my CPU is the exact one on the minimum requirements.

May finally OC it, but I'm really surprised that my CPU is the bottleneck for like the first time in my life.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    620.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    It's like a New Yorker cartoon but instead of whoever draws New Yorker cartoons it was drawn by "Farty Kate"

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It's a dril edit of a New Yorker cartoon.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    150106.jpg
    Www.plushandblood.com
    I just realized that the squirrel is an invincible who ripped/carved off his number. Its really sad that the place he lives in after the fall is the hometown of the woman who wiped his mind and soul away.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Wait royce

Haven't you said that's a comic you refuse to read more of like 3 seperate times

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Furries are very enticing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm currently building a water-cooled computer. COME AT ME WITCHER DEVS.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The processor reqs are my only concern for Witcher. I'm pretty good video card wise.

This discussion has been closed.