Options

[H1Z1] Where the Best Game Mode is Without Zombies

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    So is Gnash the PA preferred server?
    I think i'm the only person on Gnash. No one else has said what server they are on. With that said, I dont really mind switching, as I have gotten a hang of things a bit and am used to the whole starting over thing already.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I'm on Winchester.

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    @Buttcleft‌ & @Robes‌

Are you both playing now? I'm about to hop on...

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm not on right now. My steam id is Robes.

Robes on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm on Gnash as well.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    everybody is doing it, made a character on gnash

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    Been playing for hours, looting high and low. Still can't find anything of note. Looking for an ax in particular. Any thoughts on where they might spawn?

• Options
    Been playing for hours, looting high and low. Still can't find anything of note. Looking for an ax in particular. Any thoughts on where they might spawn?

Looting is whack right now because all the servers with reasonable rule sets are completely full. I would imagine SOE will continue to make changes to the looting, maybe even implement a heuristic respawn that ups respawn times as more players hit the server. They add more loot spawns in the Saturday patch, but it wasn't enough. Given how fast they are patching the game as things come up, I wouldn't be shocked to see a patch for loot early this week.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Is there some way to delete your dudes on other servers? Seems they have global character names for some stupid reason.

• Options
    Ah, you have the option when hopping onto a server.

And then you need to restart the game because you can't use the back button.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I know you can craft one with scrap metal and a stick.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Eh, I can't be arsed waiting 30+ minutes to get on, I'll wait until the first wave gets tired and wanders off.

• Options
    I found a key and letter for one of those in game quests. The only problem is that the cache is on the other side of the world. Going to be interesting getting there.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm going to hop on here in a sec. Gnash I suppose. Are people using a VOIP to communicate outside of the game?

• Options
    Since it's damn near impossible to coordinate in-game, I've make a PA Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PAIW

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Why aren't we on a headshot/1st person only server? I know in Day Z the first person servers have an infinitely better player base.
    Since it's damn near impossible to coordinate in-game, I've make a PA Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PAIW

Toss me an invite. PAEsh

Esh on
  • Options
    Invite me to that group as well please. Steam profile is in sig.

• Options
    For some reason, TAB/I isn't working for me at all. I can only access my inventory when I search something. Also, I found some arrows and a bow, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually "load" the bow.

• Options
    Both invites sent. If anyone wants to be made an admin or whatever, just let me know.

• Options
    How do you light fires if you don't have flares?

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

You can find a lighter.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Esh wrote: »
    For some reason, TAB/I isn't working for me at all. I can only access my inventory when I search something. Also, I found some arrows and a bow, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually "load" the bow.

Press the button it's bound to, then left click to "arm" it, then hold your right mouse button to notch the arrow and aim, then lift click (while continuing to hold right) to loose notched arrow. The bow controls are not real great, one of my big complaints with the game...but once you know them, it's passable.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    GnomeTank wrote: »

You can find a lighter.

Also you can make a bow drill out of a stick, cloth, and plank.

Edit: Would also like an invite: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aiserou/

Aiserou on
  • Options
    So, how do you fill a water bottle from the rain? I found an empty one, but "Using" it outside accomplishes nothing while it's raining.

I hope they do something about loot spawns soon, otherwise I'm gonna fall over dead from starvation.

• Options
    So, how do you fill a water bottle from the rain? I found an empty one, but "Using" it outside accomplishes nothing while it's raining.

I hope they do something about loot spawns soon, otherwise I'm gonna fall over dead from starvation.

Need to build a dew collector.

As far as food, you know you can pick black berries right? Just walk up to a black berry bush and press E. You get 2% food per, so you need to pick about 50 to get full, but they tend to grow in patches, and it doesn't take long to collect quite a few.

• Options

As far as food, you know you can pick black berries right? Just walk up to a black berry bush and press E. You get 2% food per, so you need to pick about 50 to get full, but they tend to grow in patches, and it doesn't take long to collect quite a few.

I saw those, but I didn't get any indicator when mousing over them that they were interactable.

• Options

I saw those, but I didn't get any indicator when mousing over them that they were interactable.

Indeed they are. And they give you hydration as well.

• Options
    Robes wrote: »
    I found a key and letter for one of those in game quests. The only problem is that the cache is on the other side of the world. Going to be interesting getting there.
    So I found the cache, but I couldn't interact with it at all. The description said to open it and place the key inside. Nope. Anyways, after getting fed up with that, as soon as I come outside, a bear is there to greet meet and mauls my face off. So I spent about an hour going from one end of the world to another to get nothing out of it except becoming a bear's lunch.

I like this game but I think I'm done with it for now. At least until a few updates happen.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    If it's the letter cache I think it is, you put the letter inside. And the caches do work, I've had friends get pretty nice gear from them.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    If it's the letter cache I think it is, you put the letter inside. And the caches do work, I've had friends get pretty nice gear from them.

It was bugged. There was no way to interact with the cache to open it.

• Options
    Got to put an hour into this now.

Nice foundation, but yeah, still a ways to go. Not once did I ever find anything inside anything I searched. Found a couple of cans of food sitting around and once a zombie dropped two pieces of cloth. That was it for the whole hour, apart from foraging blackberries.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    There's posts saying they found the container loot bug issue and patch will be around 7-8pm PST.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    There's posts saying they found the container loot bug issue and patch will be around 7-8pm PST.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait to pop on until then I think. Maybe I'll go running around....

Obviously it's alpha, but I really hope they clean up the graphics a bit. Everything looks pretty piss poor at a distance. And the rain effects are awful.

• Options
    I'm assuming that the graphics will get up to Planetside 2 levels, which can look pretty outstanding on high/ultra settings. And the PS2 servers are handling over 2k players in a continent at once.

• Options

Looting is whack right now because all the servers with reasonable rule sets are completely full. I would imagine SOE will continue to make changes to the looting, maybe even implement a heuristic respawn that ups respawn times as more players hit the server. They add more loot spawns in the Saturday patch, but it wasn't enough. Given how fast they are patching the game as things come up, I wouldn't be shocked to see a patch for loot early this week.

I ended up in a major city and there was practically nothing to be found. Only thing I found in the entire city was a practically destroyed wood axe.

Also I noticed that at typical city shooting ranges, you have to aim the makeshift bow just above a zombies head to hit them.

• Options
    I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. Probably more when the loot spawns get fixed. Something about the environ appeals to me, moreso than DayZ's. Saw one of the planes go flying over and hightailed it to the drop zone. Found the crate, but it must've been looted almost immediately before as it was empty. It as called "Hiker's something" if I remember correctly.

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    I got tired of scavenging for jack shit so I started killing zombies. Got a loot cache key. Loot it. Get an AR15/ammo. Head into Pleasant Valley to kill some dipshit group players. Get on a roof. Town is dead despite being 8:30 at night. Tell the people who pass by to loot the apartments but stay off the roof or else. Most people are fine. I see a pair of bow guys targeting some random dude running across the road. I shoot one but one shot so he lives. They get mad and call me hurtful names. Start trying to shoot me with arrows from the ground. I kill one. One goes to the apartments next to me. I kill him when he gets to the roof. I run over to loot him and a third guy was hiding. I kill him.

Loot them and by this point I have no ammo anymore and am out of supplies (sat on that damn roof for like an hour hoping to bag some organized group players). They had enough parts to get a car going so I go hop in a nearby car for the first time. Hit the sirens and take off. The first four people I see won't even talk they just shoot arrows at me. I finally pick a guy up who was being attacked and drive down the road to give him my shit (2000 space backpack and misc. other crap). A jeep rolls up with 4 guys in it but they keep going. So I tell my pal to kill me and take my shit. I hear slow footsteps nearby, zombies. He argues but finally kills me. As he's looting my shit TWANG. Some random guy was skulking in the middle of nowhere and kills him and gets my shit. Good times.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    text talk doesn't work in game does it?

Tried to talk to a few people and nothing.

• Options
    That Itmejp guy likes to RP with his buddies. Last night he walked up to a couple guys and asked if they would like to be shown to the door to Narnia where they could get an AR and 30 rounds ammo (they chased him off). A bit later they got a cop car and were RPing as cops (again) randomly pulling up to people with lights and sirens and telling them to stop doing stuff.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    text talk doesn't work in game does it?

Doesn't seem to.

Could I get an Invite to the steam group? steamcommunity.com/profiles/tetraray/

Steam ID: TetraRay