As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bass Reeves [Chat]

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    At gym trainer told me that I was his best client, who had been most dedicated and made the most progress, and asked if I'd be willing to do a testimonial for him
    breakfast.gif

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    the fuck is this, fizzing

eddy is secret fish vet

nothing about Eddy surprises me anymore.

this has to be drug or alcohol related somehow

upper eastside parties full of disaffected 20-somethings taking shots of absinthe out of live bass bladders

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Ludious aint paying for no fish doctor

Monster.

Monster? The Fish cost $30

I've spent like $100+ on fish medicine

I'm practically a fish humanitarian.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    fish surgery? oh god

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    BUT WAIT

what is wrong with the fish? I have nursed a few fish back from flush city. I can't find the post because mobile is wonky. But I may be able to offer advice?

broken swim bladder most likely and it floats upside down 24/7. i'm not a fish vet like eddy but i've tried different medicines for both fungal and parasitic issues, fasting the fish, keeping a clean tank, etc etc. fish has been like this for a long time.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @ChelleYeah I'm reading that feeding the fish squashed, shelled peas may help? Also feeding it sinking food instead of floating.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    what did I just walk into here

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    fish are food

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Alright I'm going out to get a ton of the indiest craft beers I can find for my birthday party tomorrow; I need suggestions.

Also, don't give me exclusively a bunch of IPAs you hoppy dinguses.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @ChelleYeah I'm reading that feeding the fish squashed, shelled peas may help? Also feeding it sinking food instead of floating.

tried fasting, tried peas. have always fed sinking food.

• Options
    I tried to save a sick betta once with some meds etc

every real sick fish has ended in a trip the freezer tho

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It's not really surgery. It's more like..piercing

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    At gym trainer told me that I was his best client, who had been most dedicated and made the most progress, and asked if I'd be willing to do a testimonial for him
    breakfast.gif

when do you fight him for his badge?

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    fish are food
    Not friends.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    breakfast.gif

are u a swoleasaurus rex now

maybe i should go to the gym so i can get a gold star from a personal trainer... omg maybe hell give me a chocolate bar if i try extra hrad

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I tried to save a sick betta once with some meds etc

every real sick fish has ended in a trip the freezer tho

medicine is usually last resort and too late. best way to keep a healthy fish is to keep it's tank super clean.

i've had my beta over a year now. super grumpy little booger but he's healthy. :)

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    a
    ChelleYeah I'm reading that feeding the fish squashed, shelled peas may help? Also feeding it sinking food instead of floating.

It feels like you just made this advice up.

"Uh, also, paint the tank a mellow orange, NO NOT A BRIGHT ORANGE WHAT HORRORS HAVE YOU WROUGHT!?"

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright I'm going out to get a ton of the indiest craft beers I can find for my birthday party tomorrow; I need suggestions.

This would be super regionalized if you are want the indiest craft beers ever.

Dig up 2 or 3 breweries in your town. Then see what small batch they have.

Buy those.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    the thing is that bass swim bladder inflation occurs normally because of rapid depressurization from a bottom of a lake

this is just a swim bladder that's either got some kind of big ole tumor in it or it's compressed awkwardly, and it might be somewhat unlikely that piercing the swim bladder will be a long-term solution. regardless, you should (get ludious to) try

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    uh... to specify they are in seperate tanks lol

• Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

fish piercing is a go, then

also don't let skippy talk you into gauging its fins because I know he's going to try

• Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    a
    ChelleYeah I'm reading that feeding the fish squashed, shelled peas may help? Also feeding it sinking food instead of floating.

It feels like you just made this advice up.

"Uh, also, paint the tank a mellow orange, NO NOT A BRIGHT ORANGE WHAT HORRORS HAVE YOU WROUGHT!?"

LOL no its totally a thing

squished peas are fed for fiber with the idea that the fish is consitpated and that his swim bladder is being pushed on by too much poo.

sinking food is because floating food has extra air in it.

• Options
    only ludious may click on this spoiler
    05a939ca064ab53c3432a9f814d0631d978d7bf1e632f657a970f38a983f8284.jpg

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    only ludious may click on this spoiler
    05a939ca064ab53c3432a9f814d0631d978d7bf1e632f657a970f38a983f8284.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    reason infinity why mim cannot date women yet: because my mom and i are having an argument about whether or not you can be peer pressured into homosexuality. apparently, gay men are always gay, but with the sudden rise in lesbian relationships among young teen girls (according to my mom) it must be peer pressure.

so, if anyone comes at me again with the whole "JUST DO A WOMAN MIM" let's look at this post as one of the reasons why I'm hesitant. I'd rather remain in questioning that get into a fight with my mom where she could just either cut me off or make snide remarks for the rest of my life. I'd rather just figure this all out when I'm out of the house. I'll try to keep my questioning to a minimum here, but figuring this out isn't easy, especially with my household the way it is.

• Options
    yeah, I wouldn't do surgery

I don't love my fish as much I guess

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    breakfast.gif

when do you fight him for his badge?

THE CIRCLE IS NOW COMPLETE

well, maybe it will be after I can do a pull up

• Options
    Man, no one ever told me that being an adult would be amazing.

The last year has been one of the better ones in my life.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Isolate your ffind

@ChelleYeah
    BUT WAIT

what is wrong with the fish? I have nursed a few fish back from flush city. I can't find the post because mobile is wonky. But I may be able to offer advice?

broken swim bladder most likely and it floats upside down 24/7. i'm not a fish vet like eddy but i've tried different medicines for both fungal and parasitic issues, fasting the fish, keeping a clean tank, etc etc. fish has been like this for a long time.

It's entirely possible that it's a bad swim bladder infection. Medicines don't always clear it up but the veggies help with good gas flow and the increased temp does the same. When I've had fish with swim bladder problems I did take time to try to right them for periods of time whenever I could. Not sure if that actually helped but I feel like it may de-stress a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »
    reason infinity why mim cannot date women yet: because my mom and i are having an argument about whether or not you can be peer pressured into homosexuality. apparently, gay men are always gay, but with the sudden rise in lesbian relationships among young teen girls (according to my mom) it must be peer pressure.

so, if anyone comes at me again with the whole "JUST DO A WOMAN MIM" let's look at this post as one of the reasons why I'm hesitant. I'd rather remain in questioning that get into a fight with my mom where she could just either cut me off or make snide remarks for the rest of my life. I'd rather just figure this all out when I'm out of the house. I'll try to keep my questioning to a minimum here, but figuring this out isn't easy, especially with my household the way it is.

hey Mim 8-)

• Options
    sup

• Options

I need to clarify I would probably spend like $10k on my cats

well maybe not

but maybe yes

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

This would be super regionalized if you are want the indiest craft beers ever.

Dig up 2 or 3 breweries in your town. Then see what small batch they have.

Buy those.

Well I know what local stuff I'm getting already, I meant if there was good stuff from other states I could probably get my hands on.

This is Chicago here; we get a lot of smaller crafts from other places flowing to us.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I would because if it worked I could totally claim the title Fish Surgeon

Fish Savior?

Emperor Aquatical Lord Of All That Swims?

I dunno it needs some work but there'd be title claiming of some sort

• Options

I would because if it worked I could totally claim the title Fish Surgeon

Fish Savior?

Emperor Aquatical Lord Of All That Swims?

I dunno it needs some work but there'd be title claiming of some sort

Aquaman

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Also hello [Chat]

Apparently 50mg of trazodone makes me sleep for 13 hours

• Options
    edited January 2015
    One more page until the twin kaijus of Pony and _J_ are released into the world to render unto nature what is nature's

an erotic fanfiction by blameless cleric

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    omg this is an outrage

me: Hey wife, I'm going to allocate some more RAM to a virtual machine before I come home
    her: you're touching a server? This means I'll see you sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow
    me: what?! All I'm doing is turning the VM off, clicking the Increase RAM button, then turning it on again!
    her: mhm I know how this goes see you sometime I hope!

no confidence! I'm wounded

spool32 on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @P10 I'm giving NHK another shot. Apparently I didn't finish the first episode.

I think it opened with a fair amount of silly light humor? Maybe I didn't think they would mix it up from there; I don't remember.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

fish piercing is a go, then

also don't let skippy talk you into gauging its fins because I know he's going to try

you square

This discussion has been closed.