Options

Everyone Agrees That [Nintendo] Has Met With A Terrible Fate

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's true that Fi lays it on thick

It's also true that the environmental puzzles in Skyward Sword were way, way more involved than those in Twilight Princess

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That new Kirby game has a great style but looks like the most boring thing in the world to play

have you played canvas curse

it was not boring
    I have not

I know it is well-regarded and I'm sure it is probably more fun than the trailer makes it look

but literally everything in gameplay i have seen so far is "draw a line"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Drawing lines is infinitely more exciting than watching lines be drawn

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kirby Canvas Curse was my shit and I'd be grabbing the new one if I had a Wii U

They should've made it for 3ds. They didn't think of me

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I wish I'd played more Zelda games. Only ones I've ever owned are oracle of ages/seasons on the GBC, and I loved the shit outta them. May try to play through the N64 ocarina and majora's mask games on my roommates system

there are a LOT of ways to play lttp and I suggest you do so if at all possible

yeah I'm gonna look into that Thursday/Friday. it looks like a fun game and right up my alley (the top-down 2d zelda games were so much fun to me. 3d just felt super weird on the N64)

how'd the Wii zelda games hold up? roommate has a Wii as well

they're both a little divisive

a lot of people don't like Skyward Swords controls (and I have some other issues with it but I won't get into them), but it has solid dungeons and a cool story

Twilight Princess is often considered kind of average for a Zelda game but I am actually playing it right now and still totally love it

Both? Everyone forgets FSA. It was made by EAD! Produced by Aonuma! It definitely counts

And I only ever got to play it single player, but I thought it was really solid. Like an easier, streamlined LttP

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That new Kirby game has a great style but looks like the most boring thing in the world to play

have you played canvas curse

it was not boring
    I have not

I know it is well-regarded and I'm sure it is probably more fun than the trailer makes it look

but literally everything in gameplay i have seen so far is "draw a line"

everything in mario is 'jump over gaps'

like yes, that is the function of what you you do

it is up to the designers to make that fun and interesting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I wish I'd played more Zelda games. Only ones I've ever owned are oracle of ages/seasons on the GBC, and I loved the shit outta them. May try to play through the N64 ocarina and majora's mask games on my roommates system

there are a LOT of ways to play lttp and I suggest you do so if at all possible

yeah I'm gonna look into that Thursday/Friday. it looks like a fun game and right up my alley (the top-down 2d zelda games were so much fun to me. 3d just felt super weird on the N64)

how'd the Wii zelda games hold up? roommate has a Wii as well

they're both a little divisive

a lot of people don't like Skyward Swords controls (and I have some other issues with it but I won't get into them), but it has solid dungeons and a cool story

Twilight Princess is often considered kind of average for a Zelda game but I am actually playing it right now and still totally love it

Both? Everyone forgets FSA. It was made by EAD! Produced by Aonuma! It definitely counts

And I only ever got to play it single player, but I thought it was really solid. Like an easier, streamlined LttP

Four swords adventures is a fun game with incredibly, INCREDIBLY poor design decisions

when one of the gbas gets unhooked it RESETS THE GAME

guess what happens when you run out of batteries

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Oh I might've used the GC controller, can't remember

Don't remember encountering that

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Keith wrote: »
    Kirby Canvas Curse was my shit and I'd be grabbing the new one if I had a Wii U

They should've made it for 3ds. They didn't think of me
    We were going to make Rainbow Curse for 3DS. In fact it was complete and ready to ship. Then we found out Keith hadnt bought a wiiu. In the face of this grave insult we began work on a new Wiiu version immediately and destroyed all evidence of the 3DS version. Please understand

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    It's true that Fi lays it on thick

It's also true that the environmental puzzles in Skyward Sword were way, way more involved than those in Twilight Princess

I mean I wasn't really gonna get into that, I don't remember them very well

I just found the increase in instruction between the two interesting

• Options
    I love how right after you get the bow in TP it has 10 goblins gangrush you

SHOOT ALL THESE DUDES

combat in TP makes me feel like a badass, which is great

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I love how many tools majora's mask gives you with the items, transformation masks, non-transformation masks, and music

there are so many ways to traverse and interact with the world

• Options
    Anyway off to bed

night 2 report: TP continues to hold up to my memory

Cool setpieces and a good second dungeon

weird goron nipples

• Options
    Some of those masks are crazy useless, though

Oh I chased you through this 5 minute maze

Thanks for the mask of a pig that helps me smell real well

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    there are things you can do with the smell mask!

• Options
    Yeah, get a potion

Who uses potions

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The only worthless mask is Don Gero because fuck if I care that much about a heart piece

• Options
    The Couple's Mask does absolutely nothing but get you that one Heart Piece but you better believe that was the very last mask I gave up to the Moon kids

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The Couples Mask was one of the very few times that a video game has given me a sense of the sacred

That was the mask, emblematic of the entire game

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    The very last mask I gave was probably the Bunny Hood

...That probably says a lot about me as a person

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    GOTTA GO FAST!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I'm doing an end run of good deeds before heading up the moon. Obviously, I'll be doing the wedding quest and the farm missions, but what else would everyone say is an essential good deed?

signature.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I'm doing an end run of good deeds before heading up the moon. Obviously, I'll be doing the wedding quest and the farm missions, but what else would everyone say is an essential good deed?

Getting the Postman off the hook

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!
    The new giant's mask is awesome!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Getting the Postman off the hook

Will do! Just beat the last of the four bosses... and hm. I guess it's pretty important to save those baby Zora, but that one is a major timesink.

signature.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Yo can we talk about how I'm the only person excited about the new Kirby game coming out this week

I'm pretty dang excited. Just not sure if I can swing it.

Hell I can probably swing it.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!

Wait what
    what's new about it

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I try to avoid reading FAQs, but god damn Majora's Mask really tests my diligence against it.

First time playing, and I'm about to head to the water temple, I would assume. So far I've looked up:

Wait, I beat that dungeon, why is this monkey still gonna die and where the fuck was the princess?
    Screw this umbrella deku, I need a bunny hood.
    How do I make this kid stop crying? (I was standing in the wrong spot or something)
    What the hell am I doing in this inn?

I feel out of time playing this game. Like I should have been playing it in elementary school where you'd talk to other kids and hear what they were up to, even if they were lying. It'd be a great game to gnaw at over time, looking around and exploring, but that gets a bit harder to do now that I'm older. Right now I'm just annoyed that I need to go dick around the Goron area until I learn about powder kegs.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Well we know Link's mighty steed, Wyborn, is in the game

so it'd have to be a separate thing

or maybe the horse can turn into a motorcycle

are you making the reference I think you're making?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa they added a whole new bottle I was wondering what that empty space was for. JFC.

Also, for people trying to do a complete good deeds run, please note that you can't save the seahorse trapped by the fisherman after defeating Gyorg, so definitely do that first. :( POOR SEAHORSE I'M SORRY

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!

Wait what
    what's new about it

Stone Tower spoilers.
    First off, you don't get the giant's mask until halfway through the Twinmold fight. You have to take the blue Twinmold out with your bow by shooting eyes on it's underside to make it crash into the ground, and then shoot or stab the big eye that pops out of its mouth.

After you do that, the Giant's Mask shows up and you put it on to take on the red Twinmold.

But now when Link gets huge he stomps around and literally punches the shit out of that sandworm, and squishes the baby sandworms it spawns.

Then once you punch Twinmold enough to stun it he grabs it by the tail and SPINS THAT FUCKER AROUND AND SLAMS IT ON THE GROUND!

It is freaking awesome!

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!

Wait what
    what's new about it
    First off, you don't get it until halfway through the Twinmold fight. You have to take the blue Twinmold out with your bow by shooting eyes on it's underside to make it crash into the ground, and then shoot or stab the big eye that pops out of its mouth.

After you do that, the Giant's Mask shows up and you put it on to take on the red Twinmold.

But now when Link gets huge he stomps around and literally punches the shit out of that sandworm, and squishes the baby sandworms it spawns.

Then once you punch Twinmold enough to stun it he grabs it by the tail and SPINS THAT FUCKER AROUND AND SLAMS IT ON THE GROUND!

It is freaking awesome!
    Link even has a different attack on the blue twinmold if you fight them a second time and equip the mask right away. <3

...I'm really amused by his extra yell after pulling these crazy wrestling moves

signature.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!

Wait what
    what's new about it

Stone Tower spoilers.
    First off, you don't get it until halfway through the Twinmold fight. You have to take the blue Twinmold out with your bow by shooting eyes on it's underside to make it crash into the ground, and then shoot or stab the big eye that pops out of its mouth.

It is freaking awesome!
    Link even has a different attack on the blue twinmold if you fight them a second time and equip the mask right away. <3

...I'm really amused by his extra yell after pulling these crazy wrestling moves

Stone Tower spoilers.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Ive heard they altered how the final Mask works too can anyone confirm that?

• Options
    I'll be able to check... tomorrow.

Oh, on my fifth milk run I got a hug from Cremia, though! Not sure if it was random (the four previous were huge rupees) or if it was positively influenced by my equipping the Romani mask, or having drunk Chateau Romani for the first time.

signature.png
  • Options
    On 64 I got the hug for wearing the Gorman mask

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Some of those masks are crazy useless, though

Oh I chased you through this 5 minute maze

Thanks for the mask of a pig that helps me smell real well

besides the bunny hood that was my default mask

zoonk zoonk

zoonk

zoonk zoonk

zoonk

in other news when Zink plays a song the fishbone guitar, after the trigger in the automated bit is he animated strumming to the beat of the song or is it still those jarring straight quarter notes

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what the fuck happened in this thread? the posts seem to be 50% discussion and 50% shit-throwing
    can people seriously not restrain themselves from throwing fecal matter at the other people who like things they don't like? did I click a link to the baby forums? is that what's going on?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    yes

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ah i see you've met the giant bomb thread

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.