As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone Agrees That [Nintendo] Has Met With A Terrible Fate

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    With the teaser of the Giant Ganon for hyrule warriors I wonder what is ganon's true form

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Well we know Link's mighty steed, Wyborn, is in the game

so it'd have to be a separate thing

or maybe the horse can turn into a motorcycle

are you making the reference I think you're making?

Uh

I don't know?

I named my horse wyborn

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    With the teaser of the Giant Ganon for hyrule warriors I wonder what is ganon's true form

Ganons "true form", his base form, is ganondorf

He just uses the power he's collected to turn himself into ganon/pig/demon form

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Ganon's true form is deez nuts

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ganon's true form is deez nuts

Ganon's truck has like

12 sets of truck nuts on it

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Post apocalyptic Zelda. Ganondorf is the evil warlord ruling the wastes and Ganon is the name of the cobbled together tank-like semi-truck he uses to mange his reign of terror.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    what the fuck happened in this thread? the posts seem to be 50% discussion and 50% shit-throwing
    can people seriously not restrain themselves from throwing fecal matter at the other people who like things they don't like? did I click a link to the baby forums? is that what's going on?
    Seriously though, we are all like 8-year-olds fighting on the playground around here most of the time.

Which is actually probably the most appropriate thing for the Nintendo thread.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Wind waker is post apocalyptic

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    And so is like half of OoT

• Options
    Yukira is clearly referring to a specifically Mad-Maxian post-apocalypse. Link fighting it up in the Thunderdome.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Yukira is clearly referring to a specifically Mad-Maxian post-apocalypse. Link fighting it up in the Thunderdome.

its the perfect excuse to reuse the master cycle

master_cycle_mario_kart_8_a.jpg

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    A pig themed truck with reinforced mammoth tusks from a museum.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »

Seattle_-_Maximus_Minimus_food_truck_01.jpg

THE EVIL ONE APPROACHES

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Whoops, told myself I'd play just one level of codename steam before bed, played for an hour, walking to class this morning is gonna suck.

• Options
    Oh my god that license plate.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    And the Triforce is a set of chips key to a machine that can restart nature.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    And the Triforce is a set of chips key to a machine that can restart nature.

The seeds to the future lie buried in the past.

Beast Machines.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    How about the chips are part of a time machine that you use to go back in time to previous Zelda games, at which point the graphics entirely change to reflect the game in question.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!
    The new giant's mask is awesome!

Wait what
    what's new about it

Stone Tower spoilers.
    First off, you don't get the giant's mask until halfway through the Twinmold fight. You have to take the blue Twinmold out with your bow by shooting eyes on it's underside to make it crash into the ground, and then shoot or stab the big eye that pops out of its mouth.

After you do that, the Giant's Mask shows up and you put it on to take on the red Twinmold.

But now when Link gets huge he stomps around and literally punches the shit out of that sandworm, and squishes the baby sandworms it spawns.

Then once you punch Twinmold enough to stun it he grabs it by the tail and SPINS THAT FUCKER AROUND AND SLAMS IT ON THE GROUND!

It is freaking awesome!

This is the first thing that has actually made me consider getting MM 3D.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am not familiar with the original boss fights so man yeah, they make the Twinmold fight a LOT cooler

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    In glad people seem to be digging the presentation changes and not hating in them out of some sense of purity

That stuff sounds like cool additions

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Seattle_-_Maximus_Minimus_food_truck_01.jpg

THE EVIL ONE APPROACHES

That would be a fun ice cream truck

• Options
    I believe it is a BBQ food truck

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Kirby Canvas Curse was my shit and I'd be grabbing the new one if I had a Wii U

They should've made it for 3ds. They didn't think of me
    We were going to make Rainbow Curse for 3DS. In fact it was complete and ready to ship. Then we found out Keith hadnt bought a wiiu. In the face of this grave insult we began work on a new Wiiu version immediately and destroyed all evidence of the 3DS version. Please understand

Oh. Sorry, Nintendo!

Sorry, everybody!!

• Options
    In glad people seem to be digging the presentation changes and not hating in them out of some sense of purity

That stuff sounds like cool additions

Most of the changes make the game better

Except for the Gyorg Child maze at the very end of the game

That shit is terrible

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm not familiar enough with the game to know what that means

• Options
    edited February 2015
    At the end of the game there's a little water maze you go through as Zora Link

In the original, it's just a matter of picking the right path and letting the current take you

Now, on each step of the maze you activate a timed switch to open a gate on the right path and you have to get there as fast as you can

And you can only get to the door by dolphin jumping out of the water into the area where the gate is

And they place currents precisely so that's extra difficult, and if you mess up even a tiny bit you get sent back to the beginning because a current will pull you into the "fuck you start over" zone

You need to do 4 perfect dolphin jumps in a row to get out, and if you want a Piece of Heart you have to do the whole thing twice

It took me probably 35 minutes to do it, and I didn't even go for the Piece of Heart

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The thing that frustrated me the most on the moon was the goron part, rolling on those narrow strips and hitting the 90 deg bumper thingys perfectly. Doing anything precisely while goron rolling was a pain for me. Did goron rolling get tweaked in the 3DS version?

• Options
    Jeez

I wonder why they felt that was important to add

They didn't add puzzles elsewhere did they?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I am not familiar with the original boss fights so man yeah, they make the Twinmold fight a LOT cooler

Its apparently an ultraman reference. Looking at the non blurry version of the mask it totally makes sense

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I don't think they would've been able to do Rainbow Curse's art style nearly as well on the 3DS

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I don't think they would've been able to do Rainbow Curse's art style nearly as well on the 3DS

It probably would have been to blurry to make out the style, yeah

• Options
    WHY IS NPR PLAYING PEWDIEPIE CLIPS

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

BURN IT DOWN.

Might seriously take NPR off my radio's station list.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    At the end of the game there's a little water maze you go through as Zora Link

In the original, it's just a matter of picking the right path and letting the current take you

Now, on each step of the maze you activate a timed switch to open a gate on the right path and you have to get there as fast as you can

And you can only get to the door by dolphin jumping out of the water into the area where the gate is

And they place currents precisely so that's extra difficult, and if you mess up even a tiny bit you get sent back to the beginning because a current will pull you into the "fuck you start over" zone

You need to do 4 perfect dolphin jumps in a row to get out, and if you want a Piece of Heart you have to do the whole thing twice

It took me probably 35 minutes to do it, and I didn't even go for the Piece of Heart

That's kind of a bummer, especially since they got rid of most of the other forced dolphin jumps in the game.

The only other place I've had to do one was to get a stray fairy in Stone Tower.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The thing that frustrated me the most on the moon was the goron part, rolling on those narrow strips and hitting the 90 deg bumper thingys perfectly. Doing anything precisely while goron rolling was a pain for me. Did goron rolling get tweaked in the 3DS version?

the trick is to just hold the button and not touch the stick the bumpers do everything. Just face forward and go.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

BURN IT DOWN.

...because of something you have no context for?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oh fuck off

I guess the 3 million people currently playing it just aren't as smart as you Chincy

I'm going to step out of character for a moment even though I'm having a lot of fun

you need to chill the fuck out Bluedude

I don't like the game you like and sometimes I make a joke about it

I'm not on a personal crusade to attack your and your favorite thing

fucking

relax

Maybe as someone so renowned for being thin-skinned and whiny to the point of parody you shouldn't be half-arsedly trolling people and then bitching when they take against it. We have to hear about it every fucking time your delicate sensibilities are shaken, I think you can take it just this once.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Apologies for dragging that back up, it was only just reported.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Kwoaru wrote: »

BURN IT DOWN.

...because of something you have no context for?

The context was the 10th anniversary of Youtube and how he's one of the biggest dudes around

Which is a bummer in and of itself but I don't really blame NPR for reporting it

Chincymcchilla on
This discussion has been closed.