Options

[TF2 thread] Want to make BahamutZERO angry? Then use a JOHN CENA!

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Jesus. Basically all of this was mapping:
    2015-04-02_16-21-19.jpg

I need to take a break.

You totally won't, though.

ctf_trainsawlaser needs to happen, with grappling hooooooooooks.

Maybe single-flag reversed with having to deliver it to the enemy base?

And low gravity. Grappling hooks need low gravity!

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I still don't know why you haven't ported trainsawlaser over into CS:GO or DOTA2 yet... it's all hammer, Crash, it will be simple (and think of all the exposure!)

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    does Dota have more than the one map...?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Because I don't play either of those games

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Kinda.
    There have been special maps for the limited-time holiday game modes. (Diretide, Year Beast, etc.) There's also support for custom maps and game modes.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular

Honestly, I don't know... I have a total of 21 minutes played... I can only hope there's more than 1 map considering the amount of time it's played and number of users
    Because I don't play either of those games

CS:GO is pretty decent, a bit too xXx_mlg_srs_bsns_xXx though

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

Honestly, I don't know... I have a total of 21 minutes played... I can only hope there's more than 1 map considering the amount of time it's played and number of users

Nope! Only one map, which is the same map used in the original DOTA mod for Warcraft 3, so some people have been playing on that thing for something like 13 years.

MOBAs are terrible.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Nope! Only one map, which is the same map used in the original DOTA mod for Warcraft 3, so some people have been playing on that thing for something like 13 years.

MOBAs are terrible.

Well, the focus is (understandably) less on the map and more on the heroes. TF2 has 9 classes and a bazillion maps, DotA has 1 map and 100+ heroes. You get your variety from elsewhere.

Also, if you guys are interested in it at all, I got some extra beta keys for Heroes of the Storm. Multiple maps, no item systems, recognizable blizzard characters. It's good fun.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

MOBAs are terrible.

You should definitely get super ripped and explain this to the moba threads.

Report back tomorrow night on Honc.

Be the hero we deserve.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Looking at HOTS it feels a lot more approachable and less outright hostile to users that DOTA2

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Looking at HOTS it feels a lot more approachable and less outright hostile to users that DOTA2

up until the DOTA2 comment this sounds super sexist.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Yeah, it's Blizzard trying to make the MOBA genre approachable to people who don't have the patience to deal with DotA or LoL's vertical learning curve, and it's still good fun even if you do play the other MOBAs (I'm still in the process un-newbifying myself in DotA, HotS is a much lighter and more relaxing experience).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

MOBAs are terrible.

You should definitely get super ripped and explain this to the moba threads.

Report back tomorrow night on Honc.

Be the hero we deserve.

They're to far gone. There's no saving them now.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I did like Awsomenauts for a while, but then they introduced Ayla who hard countered pretty much all the melee heroes and I quit before they got around to balancing her.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HONC HONC nerds!

Also someone come help me rtv away from asteroid, jesus christ.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I will HoNC after dinner.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I will Honc once TF2 finished downloading on my HTPC because Windows on my desktop thinks it should only be a black screen and I don't want to deal right now. It won't even load off my Windows 8 USB install stick which is a little concerning. Tooling around in UEFI gets a little old after a while.

• Options
    GG's nerds. For those who didn't catch it, I was streaming the whole time for shits n giggles. I figured I wouldn't tell you because people focus on me when I do, ya butts.

Here's the VOD.

• Options
    Today, we found God. Or something.

7235503823C2B78D2EB074E0BE1CCDF790C5FD3E

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    On a related note

2015-04-03_00002_zpsmhc6ipfg.jpg

I'm motherfucking fabulous!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    2015-04-03_00004_zps1jub69xi.jpg

So fabulous!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    2310CDFA6E5B19B0D6A7B128FD8A1D53C3851737

F36FF7001E7C54FCBBD4BD95F7121002CC46B3EA

Also, I joined a random almost-full server earlier tonight playing Wubwubwub and found this:
    D5C93072D19FF70638FA8543F258DC13671AC596

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    GG's nerds. For those who didn't catch it, I was streaming the whole time for shits n giggles. I figured I wouldn't tell you because people focus on me when I do, ya butts.

Here's the VOD.

Of all the days to skip. Oh well.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I maxed out at like 12 people, so it wasn't a huge thing. Granted, I didn't promote it at all.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    @UEAKCrash is that screenshot of the kill counter being 666 or of my deep fear of your wifes possible insanity.

edit
    also, couldn't sleep.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Both

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I clicked around that archive a bit and found myself letting you slip right by me as a spy. Fuck.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I had some pretty bullshit get aways as Spy in there.

• Options
    Mmmmmmm that exasperated sigh when you come across my mini-sentries on Glassworks. That satisfaction will last all weekend.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Engies need to be able to drop 2-3 mini sentries.

Then again I may be an asshole.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I played on a server once that had a bunch of custom stuff on it that let you do this.

It is insanely powerful. It takes 4+ people to really clear you out of a room, and even then you'll probably kill 1 or 2 of them.

Very much a multplicative power scale and not an additive one.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Yeah that would be broken as fuck. It's already annoying enough to clear a mini, clear the next mini, and kill the engi without dying or at least taking a significant amount of damage. Walking into a room and immediately being annihilated by multiple minis and a shotgun would just be brutal.

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Mmmmmmm that exasperated sigh when you come across my mini-sentries on Glassworks. That satisfaction will last all weekend.

I like the pubbies who got steamrolled bitching that it was a bad map.

Learn to play, jerks.

• Options
    git gud, nubs

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Disappointed that @UEAKCrash hasn't posted the montage of all of his WubWubWub backstabs of me yet.

EDIT: Okay, it's there on Twitch, but I was hoping for an on-purpose edit with slow-mo and epic music.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options

Glad to have provided you with some wanking material for the weekend!

This is the worst idea and you are an as-- yeah, that.

xzzy wrote: »

I like the pubbies who got steamrolled bitching that it was a bad map.

Learn to play, jerks.

I'll have to go back and watch for this. I'm pretty sure I just completely tune that stuff out now.

WuShock wrote: »
    Disappointed that @UEAKCrash hasn't posted the montage of all of his WubWubWub backstabs of me yet.

EDIT: Okay, it's there on Twitch, but I was hoping for an on-purpose edit with slow-mo and epic music.

Your back was so tasty.

• Options
    Also I'm pretty sure you pay people to come on the server and act as if they're surprised to find you there.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    crash posts on the PA forums?! wow! (paypal me $20 please)

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Gah! I had an awesome replay where I hammed four people in a row on upward and that damn old stringindexerror or something that's been ruining replays for five years broke it :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Also I'm pretty sure you pay people to come on the server and act as if they're surprised to find you there.

But it's so weird, I never know how to reply.

"I'm just some random nerd, yo. No big deal."

This discussion has been closed.