Options

Prime 2015 Registration Beckons

• Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Was the 5/7 change to the news page the "secret signal" that badges were going on sale today? :o

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Well, that didn't take long. Badges are already up on eBay.

Those are pretty... what's the word... illegal? Wrong? Against ebay terms of service? You can't sell something that far in advance when you don't have a product. I can't imagine that auction would stay up for long. Badges won't go out until late July I would imagine.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Keroan wrote: »

Those are pretty... what's the word... illegal? Wrong? Against ebay terms of service? You can't sell something that far in advance when you don't have a product. I can't imagine that auction would stay up for long. Badges won't go out until late July I would imagine.

It is against the terms of service. I'm not knocking people that for what ever reason they can't go they sell their tickets on Ebay, I've done it when I've ended up holding extras...but I just checked for the heck of it and Saturday badges are listed for 4x the fv.

• Options
    Badash112Badash112 Registered User regular
    Badash112 wrote: »
    Wow, that was a shock!! Thursday. "Later" in May. Noon-ish. Still trying to recover an hour after the paxpocalypse. :o :rotate:
    It would be interesting to know how quickly you had to get in line to get tickets, but my estimate is that it was slightly better than last year (last year you had to get online within a minute or two, which is madness.)
    As usual, hotel site was completely unresponsive from the very beginning - and also managed to freeze Firefox somehow.
    Unlike last year, Safari actually worked for hotel reservations.
    Site eventually reloaded but took at least 10 minutes to actually show a page. :(
    Congratulations to everyone who survived PAX tix 2015 !!

I got in at 12:17 and got all four days. (And a second Sat)
    My friend got in at 12:19 and only got Monday.

Dunno if I got lucky and picked up some expired cart though.

That was about the time I was being kicked out due the showclix not accepting any of my 4 perfectly valid credit cards. At least someone who was looking at all sold outs got to see 8 badges suddenly pop in.

Out of curiosity why 4 credit cards? Were there only so much on each? That probably confused the system and made it think you were some scammer. Usually people only use 1, so anything out of the "norm" can hang things up.

I went into queue to purchase 2 sets. One for myself and one for my wife. Attempted to use my debit card, got "Processing error, invalid ____." It was blank what it was claiming was invalid. So I retyped everything very slowly while watching the timer tick down. "Processing error, invalid ____."

Started to get scared so I tried another valid card. "Processing error, invalid ____."

Tried my corporate card in case it didn't' like my address. "Processing error, invalid ____."

Tried a 4th card in my wife's name "Processing error, invalid ____."

Then the timer ran out, I was kicked out and only Monday was left. Went in and used the first card. Accepted right away.

Really sucks because I have already booked a room at the Camlin which you need to book about a year in advance to get in.

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular

They seriously need to fix that. The Ebay policy should state that you can't sell something that can't be proven to be in your physical possession. I mean really! What if your neighbor tried to sell your lawnmower by posting a pic of it? Sure it's physically there, but its not proven to be yours! In this case, everyone knows those badges aren't in the sellers' physical hands, whether by honest or ill-gotten means. So they shouldn't be allowed to sell them, period.

If this was dealt with properly, the resale market could be cleaned up, and possibly we might have fewer scammers able to get/make fake badges.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    Badash112Badash112 Registered User regular
    Wow, that was a shock!! Thursday. "Later" in May. Noon-ish. Still trying to recover an hour after the paxpocalypse. :o :rotate:
    It would be interesting to know how quickly you had to get in line to get tickets, but my estimate is that it was slightly better than last year (last year you had to get online within a minute or two, which is madness.)
    As usual, hotel site was completely unresponsive from the very beginning - and also managed to freeze Firefox somehow.
    Unlike last year, Safari actually worked for hotel reservations.
    Site eventually reloaded but took at least 10 minutes to actually show a page. :(
    Congratulations to everyone who survived PAX tix 2015 !!

I got in at 12:17 and got all four days. (And a second Sat)
    My friend got in at 12:19 and only got Monday.

Dunno if I got lucky and picked up some expired cart though.

That was about the time I was being kicked out due the showclix not accepting any of my 4 perfectly valid credit cards. At least someone who was looking at all sold outs got to see 8 badges suddenly pop in.

Out of curiosity why 4 credit cards? Were there only so much on each? That probably confused the system and made it think you were some scammer. Usually people only use 1, so anything out of the "norm" can hang things up.

I went into queue to purchase 2 sets. One for myself and one for my wife. Attempted to use my debit card, got "Processing error, invalid ____." It was blank what it was claiming was invalid. So I retyped everything very slowly while watching the timer tick down. "Processing error, invalid ____."

Started to get scared so I tried another valid card. "Processing error, invalid ____."

Tried my corporate card in case it didn't' like my address. "Processing error, invalid ____."

Tried a 4th card in my wife's name "Processing error, invalid ____."

Then the timer ran out, I was kicked out and only Monday was left. Went in and used the first card. Accepted right away.

Really sucks because I have already booked a room at the Camlin which you need to book about a year in advance to get in.

Essentially got screwed out of tickets despite doing everything right. Had a monitor dedicated to watching twitter, showclix and the forums at work running check4change/ autorefresh. Had tweets going to texts and even had the wife watching. She closed her cue when I told her I was purchasing tickets.

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular

They seriously need to fix that. The Ebay policy should state that you can't sell something that can't be proven to be in your physical possession. I mean really! What if your neighbor tried to sell your lawnmower by posting a pic of it? Sure it's physically there, but its not proven to be yours! In this case, everyone knows those badges aren't in the sellers' physical hands, whether by honest or ill-gotten means. So they shouldn't be allowed to sell them, period.

If this was dealt with properly, the resale market could be cleaned up, and possibly we might have fewer scammers able to get/make fake badges.

Ebay doesn't manually look through everything before it's posted.
    If you see one, report it.
    I think there's a stipulation that the physical object has to be shipped out within x amount of days.
    Which sellers cannot do atm.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    They seriously need to fix that. The Ebay policy should state that you can't sell something that can't be proven to be in your physical possession.
    The policy states that you cannot sell something that won't ship within 30 days, because buyers can't get their money back beyond 30 days after winning the auction.

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    Hmm...how long do these auctions go for at most then? Can they try to stall it for 3 months, say?

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    <post covered by others>

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    sonicgarbagesonicgarbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Managed to get to the checkout page just a minute after @Official_PAX announced it was open. Ended up buying 2 badges for Friday and 2 badges for Sunday. I opted out of Saturday and Monday because my girlfriend and I have tickets to Bumbershoot music festival in Seattle that weekend and we'll be attending Saturday and Monday. This was the plan for a couple of weeks. Little did I realize that PAX Prime isn't on Labor Day weekend this year. So PAX and Bumbershoot aren't even the same weekend! ARGH! I could have bought tickets for all 4 days of PAX! Like 30-40 minutes later I realize this and rush back to the ticket page. Monday is still available. I click on it and it will only let me pick 1 ticket. Did I get the last Monday ticket? Maybe! BOUGHT. I'm missing out on Saturday, but oh well, this is my first PAX ever so I'm gonna try not to let it bother me. (But it really is! lol)

Having never been to PAX before, what's the schedule like? My girlfriend isn't too thrilled about the idea of hanging around until midnight. I see the convention floor closes at 6PM typically but the show goes on until very late. I'm a huge gamer, am I gonna want to hang around till very late? What I mean is, is there going to be a lot of exciting un-missable events going on late at night?

sonicgarbage on
  • Options
    Managed to get to the checkout page just a minute after @Official_PAX announced it was open. Ended up buying 2 badges for Friday and 2 badges for Sunday. I opted out of Saturday and Monday because my girlfriend and I have tickets to Bumbershoot music festival in Seattle that weekend and we'll be attending Saturday and Monday. This was the plan for a couple of weeks. Little did I realize that PAX Prime isn't on Labor Day weekend this year. So PAX and Bumbershoot aren't even the same weekend! ARGH! I could have bought tickets for all 4 days of PAX! Like 30-40 minutes later I realize this and rush back to the ticket page. Monday is still available. I click on it and it will only let me pick 1 ticket. Did I get the last Monday ticket? Maybe! BOUGHT. I'm missing out on Saturday, but oh well, this is my first PAX ever so I'm gonna try not to let it bother me. (But it really is! lol)

Having never been to PAX before, what's the schedule like? My girlfriend isn't too thrilled about the idea of hanging around until midnight. I see the convention floor closes at 6PM typically but the show goes on until very late. I'm a huge gamer, am I gonna want to hang around till very late? What I mean is, is there going to be a lot of exciting un-missable events going on late at night?

Depends on what you like. You can play tabletop gaming for quite awhile, and there may be some unofficial gaming going on as well. Mostly I've been focused on the tabletop aspect when the expo hall closes.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    After the convention hall closes I've gone to panels, parties (not hosted by PAX but may or may not require PAX badges) and spent a few nights board gaming (with strangers!) until midnight. There are also concerts (I've never been to one). There may be other options as I'm a relative noob. (Are the PC/console freeplay, retro gaming area and BYOC open after 6?)

So it depends upon what you're looking to do :)

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    stperonastperona Registered User regular
    Anyone want to chime in on when they came in and if they were able to get all 4 days? It could help with data on that. Of course, sometimes the queues act wonky too.
    My queue was launching at the same time as I received the tweet alert. Waited only a couple seconds at the queue page, got 2 passes for each day and checked out. I was out of the queue and received my ticket confirmation email at 12:03.

Jumped into the hotel queue after that, waited maybe a minute or two in that queue picked our hotel, checked out and received confirmation email at 12:08.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Had horrible checkout problems on all browsers this time and mobile only got through with Mon left. It's early in the game, but really, if anyone has a spare set - all 4 days, PM me.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    After the convention hall closes I've gone to panels, parties (not hosted by PAX but may or may not require PAX badges) and spent a few nights board gaming (with strangers!) until midnight. There are also concerts (I've never been to one). There may be other options as I'm a relative noob. (Are the PC/console freeplay, retro gaming area and BYOC open after 6?)

I believe BYOC might close sometime before midnight, but it's open until at least like 10 or 11. In fact, the main thing that closes at 6 is just the expo floor and merch booth. Most other stuff keeps trucking all night.

• Options
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Had horrible checkout problems on all browsers this time and mobile only got through with Mon left. It's early in the game, but really, if anyone has a spare set - all 4 days, PM me.

Apparently, using your computer for buying badges is problematic. I had a time of it last year, being held in queue forever and whatnot. I still waited awhile this year, but I was on my phone. It did work better than my computer for badges. And as they said last year, computer worked best for hotel res. This really does feel like juggling though....

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Anyone want to chime in on when they came in and if they were able to get all 4 days? It could help with data on that. Of course, sometimes the queues act wonky too.

I got in close to 12:04 p.m. so four minutes after the tweet. Was in queue for a good 12-15 minutes and was incredibly surprised when I got three sets of tickets for all four days.

Thanks to all the forumers on here for all your help. This will be my first PAX Prime!

IncreaseBlue on
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular

Ugh the concerts are THE BOMB. I fell in love with MC Frontalot pretty much instantly. Loved seeing VGO and the DoubleClicks as well. Anamanaguchi shook the floor, people were jumping around so much. Unless you don't like loud sounds (they will blow your ears off), concerts are worth it.

• Options
    edited May 2015

I got in close to 12:04 p.m. so four minutes after the tweet. Was in queue for a good 12-15 minutes and was incredibly surprised when I got three sets of tickets for all four days.

Thanks to all the forumers on here for all your help. This will be my first PAX Prime!

Was in approximately six minutes after the tweet. About three to five minutes later, realized I was using the Twitter browser (on iPhone), wasn't sure it would work, so opened in Safari as well.

By the time I'd checked out in Twitter and switched to safari to get two more, Saturday was gone. That was at about 1228 pacific, but figure that means you had to be in queue within about ten or eleven minutes of the tweet to get Saturday?

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Welp, that sucks. I just learned about tickets because they're sold out.

I've had Official PAX and Khoo both favorited on my Twitter app for a year or so specifically to get the notification for this...and I got nothing when it went on sale.
    Also, I will say I feel that tweeting at the end of April that "tickets will go on sale later in May" has a connotation that it would be...LATER IN MAY not the first friggin week in May. THAT'S CALLED EARLY IN MAY. /rant

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

The only part of PAX that closes at 6 is the expo hall. Everything else is open until midnight.

• Options
    Yeah, "later in May" is gonna be the thing this year. I decided not to make assumptions and went on yellow alert starting the second...I didn't want to assume if "later" meant the second half or just not the first day. But yeah, common usage would have implied a later sale date.

• Options
    SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    Well, I didn't get any tickets this year. How soon until the the official source sells badges of people who are using multiple credit cards?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I did not expect this to happen today, totally caught me off guard, but I'm secure at least.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Yeah, "later in May" is gonna be the thing this year. I decided not to make assumptions and went on yellow alert starting the second...I didn't want to assume if "later" meant the second half or just not the first day. But yeah, common usage would have implied a later sale date.

I agree! Hubby and I started looking for tickets on the 4th guessing they wouldn't go on sale over a weekend.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Approximate data: online within 30 seconds of tweet; queued for 5 minutes; 2 minutes clicking and typing information; 8 minutes waiting for subsequent reedpop pages to appear and to finish purchase (also needed to get rid of irritating reedpop error message.) E-mail received at 12:16 pacific.

I was on within 20 seconds of the website being updated, roughly the same. I wonder if the tweet was before or after the push

• Options
    ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I have to agree that "later in May" threw me off also. When the passes didn't go on sale yesterday, which I thought was possible but not likely, I stopped paying attention. But fortunately I still had the twitter alert on my phone. I was walking off a plane into the airport when my phone beeped twice (the second was Khoo). I checked it as I walked into the terminal and almost had a heart attack. Took me a minute to get into the queue on my phone because I did not have it bookmarked. I got in the queue at 12:02, and was buying passes about ten minutes later.

I suspect the time the passes went on sale caught a lot of people by surprise because the sale had started at Wednesday at 10 AM for several years in a row.

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I happened to be on the phone when I got the text message notification. I would say I had the link clicked within 10 seconds.

• Options
    ddt58 wrote: »
    I have to agree that "later in May" threw me off also. When the passes didn't go on sale yesterday, which I thought was possible but not likely, I stopped paying attention. But fortunately I still had the twitter alert on my phone. I was walking off a plane into the airport when my phone beeped twice (the second was Khoo). I checked it as I walked into the terminal and almost had a heart attack. Took me a minute to get into the queue on my phone because I did not have it bookmarked. I got in the queue at 12:02, and was buying passes about ten minutes later.

I suspect the time the passes went on sale caught a lot of people by surprise because the sale had started at Wednesday at 10 AM for several years in a row.

I would also suspect that the random time of day was intentional, but not the confusion about which day. It really doesn't sound like they meant to say "later in may" as "latter half of may". But as anyone who's been in an rpg forum knows, the wording can make all the difference! I just hope next year they fine-tune their phrasing to avoid the trouble.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So freaking lucky that while training someone I walked back to my office. Got in line when Khoo rt'd.

I was totes wrong about the 20th. So much for my Wednesday theory.

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Options
    So freaking lucky that while training someone I walked back to my office. Got in line when Khoo rt'd.

I was totes wrong about the 20th. So much for my Wednesday theory.

Well, to be fair, it was probably Wednesday someplace in the universe, just not here. So technically you're still right.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    I just have one request for next year: do NOT lock the pre-sale tickets thread the moment they go live without first posting something about tickets being on sale. I was refreshing that thread, and nobody was saying anything about tickets being up (since the thread was locked), so I knew the tickets hadn't gone on sale yet (I didn't notice that it was closed).

• Options
    I just have one request for next year: do NOT lock the pre-sale tickets thread the moment they go live without first posting something about tickets being on sale. I was refreshing that thread, and nobody was saying anything about tickets being up (since the thread was locked), so I knew the tickets hadn't gone on sale yet (I didn't notice that it was closed).

Seconded! I think last year, they at least posted that they were on sale before closing it down!

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Order of operations: saw the link on twitter, posted the new thread, closed the old thread. Twitter is the official notification method :)

I understand though, I usually post a link to the new thread, I think, or something like that.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Order of operations: saw the link on twitter, posted the new thread, closed the old thread. Twitter is the official notification method :)

Well, could you pretty please mention it when closing thread? It would be awfully nice!

It's kinda funny. I told myself hmm....I'd better get onto the pax site today. Probably not going on sale, but....just in case....O.o

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Twitter is the official notification method :)
    Which is great...when Twitter actually works :/ My phone's Twitter app didn't send any notifications at all. I didn't find out about the tickets being onsale until a friend of mine asked in Skype if I was in the queue (which was too late to get the two days that my friends got :( )

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    boo-urns :( that is butts

zerzhul on
  • Options
    I saw something on Twitter about contacting paxsite about the 4x4 bug. What time did that actually get fixed? Is that something that they can even conceivably address for those that checked out prior? If so, I really did intend to get 3x4 or 4x4...grump.

• Options
    I would just contact them anyhow, can't hurt.

This discussion has been closed.