Options

Prime 2015 Registration Beckons

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    slash5150 wrote: »

If we did go through and order a second set of 2, is there a way for shipping to be altered so its just one set together?

Unlikely.

Some guy.
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    slash5150 wrote: »

If we did go through and order a second set of 2, is there a way for shipping to be altered so its just one set together?

Unlikely.

Can we be certain that if we bought 2 sets twice, we aren't going to get bumped by the Scalper Trawling Algorithm? (which may just be some poor sod looking for duplicate addresses in a large excel sheet)

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Will My GF and I be able to do BYOC even though we didnt get Sat passes? :(
    Will we be able to ONLY go to BYOC on Sat,
    or will we not have access to our computers on Sat,
    or can we not BYOC at all?

1. Yes, you can do BYOC for Fri, Sun, Mon, assuming you secure a BYOC badge.
    2. No, if you do not have a general admission badge for that day, unfortunately you'd need to pack your stuff up on Friday night and bring it back on Sunday morning.

To be clear, he shouldn't /have/ to pack up Friday night. He simply wouldn't have access to his computer. At least in previous years seats were sold for the duration of the con, nobody would need/use that space on the off day.

Now, if you want your computer, yeah you'd need to pack it out.

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Will My GF and I be able to do BYOC even though we didnt get Sat passes? :(
    Will we be able to ONLY go to BYOC on Sat,
    or will we not have access to our computers on Sat,
    or can we not BYOC at all?

2. No, if you do not have a general admission badge for that day, unfortunately you'd need to pack your stuff up on Friday night and bring it back on Sunday morning.

To be clear, he shouldn't /have/ to pack up Friday night. He simply wouldn't have access to his computer. At least in previous years seats were sold for the duration of the con, nobody would need/use that space on the off day.

Now, if you want your computer, yeah you'd need to pack it out.

I suspect he might not be too comfortable leaving it there unattended. Sadly, even in the most watched areas, people can have things stolen.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    So here's something that happened while me and my friends were getting tickets, I was able to get 4 fri, 4 sunday, 3 minday, but it told me Saturday was sold out. A couple minutes later they get in and were each able to buy a single Saturday badge. Was that a bug in the system or did they start to reduce the number of purchases per person when tickets got low?

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    When I was getting 2 badges for all 4 days clicked for the next page, I was told there weren't any Saturdays anymore....and that was just for 2! So I dunno.....

The Word of Bird on
    Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    When I was getting 2 badges for all 4 days clicked for the next page, I was told there weren't any Saturdays anymore....and that was just for 2! So I dunno.....

I know about the 4th badge, but this seems a bit different. I've already emailed support about having to make multiple purchases to the same card/address, I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    ShiinaBatShiinaBat Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

I know about the 4th badge, but this seems a bit different. I've already emailed support about having to make multiple purchases to the same card/address, I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

I also had this happen. When I got through the queue, I had the option to put 4 sets into my cart. When I tried to do this, the Saturdays fell out as OoS. I panicked and checked out with 4x Friday, 4x Sunday, 4x Monday. I phoned my fiance who was waiting in the queue at home so that he wouldn't buy any Friday/Sunday/Monday passes so we wouldn't anger the anti-scalping algorithm and/or Khoo. He mentioned that it was still showing Saturday as available for him, so I told him to get whatever he could for Saturday tickets. He managed to get two.

All tickets are being shipped to the same address (International) but were purchased on different cards (my card for my order, his card for his order). We aren't over the ticket purchase limit, so I think we're ok but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely worried over it either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that what happened here is a result of some carts timing out. Any tickets they had reserved would be released back into the pool for someone else to purchase.

ShiinaBat on
    zqKoGoV.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, carts time out and it releases those tickets back to the pool. It's a matter of scraping the bottom of the barrel at the right/wrong time.

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    1. That's what I'd hope
    2. Seriously!? So not only can I not use my computer on Saturday, I have to pack it all up Friday and bring it all back Sunday!?

That's kinda lame/stupid. I guess I might not end up doing BYOC this year... :/
    Time to start going to PDXLAN I guess.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    1. That's what I'd hope
    2. Seriously!? So not only can I not use my computer on Saturday, I have to pack it all up Friday and bring it all back Sunday!?

If you're worried about it being stolen, or messed with. They're fine with you leaving it there. I assumed you would probably want to take it with you for those reasons at least.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    1. That's what I'd hope

Or just step outside for five minutes and buy a secondhand Saturday pass. In the past there have been Enforcers there to verify the authenticity of badges, and if you ask around for prices, you're bound to find a scalper selling almost at face value.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    1. That's what I'd hope

I don't think it's lame or stupid. You're not paying for the service, so why should you get it?

Also, if you're not going to be there that day, that means that that space is open for someone else who will be there. BYOC space is limited.
    1. That's what I'd hope

If you're worried about it being stolen, or messed with. They're fine with you leaving it there. I assumed you would probably want to take it with you for those reasons at least.

Robert said that you can't leave it there.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Pavio wrote: »
    1. That's what I'd hope

I don't think it's lame or stupid. You're not paying for the service, so why should you get it?

Also, if you're not going to be there that day, that means that that space is open for someone else who will be there. BYOC space is limited.
    1. That's what I'd hope

Robert said that you can't leave it there.

BYOC has never been sold per day. If he's not there, that seat will be empty. Nobody can use it anyway. At least not unless things change drastically this year.

BYOC seats are for the duration of the con, at least this is how it has ways worked.

I'm like 99% positive that you can leave your computer there if you are comfortable doing so. It's not like you don't spend half the day with the computer sitting there unattended anyway...it's pretty darn safe in there.

I think Khoo was just being clear that you will NOT have access to it. Without a Saturday badge, you cannot go up there, period. But unless we get verification otherwise, you should assume you would not actually have to pack it out Friday night.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry - just to clarify, you could theoretically leave your computer there all day, unattended on Saturday. It just seems like that would be a risky proposition.

Some guy.
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry - just to clarify, you could theoretically leave your computer there all day, unattended on Saturday. It just seems like that would be a risky proposition.

It seems like it, but like I said some days ive barely set foot in there due to being busy with other stuff. I don't see the difference. As long as we're talking about a desktop they tag things and don't let people wander in and out with them.

Not sure I'd leave a laptop. But then if we were talking laptop then packing it out would be fine anyway.

• Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    So... will there be a 2nd wave of tickets like last year or do we not know yet??

• Options
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    So... will there be a 2nd wave of tickets like last year or do we not know yet??
    There wasn't really a "second wave," it was just putting back up the ones reclaimed from folks found to be in violation of the badge limit.

There might be that again, but we do not know for sure.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    There wasn't really a "second wave," it was just putting back up the ones reclaimed from folks found to be in violation of the badge limit.

There might be that again, but we do not know for sure.

I'd expect less "backflow" of badges as time goes on as PAX has probably getting better at stopping fraud at is happens. I only remember hearing about a decent sized one in 2013.

• Options
    Yeah, if there is one I wouldn't expect it to be very many.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If I remember correctly, Khoo went through the sales by hand for that year to pick out the ones who would be cancelled and relisted.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    I see... Guess F5ing isn't done for me yet...

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Ok, so I could leave my stuff there through saturday.
    Like mcdermott said, the computer ends up just sitting there for like half the time of the expo.
    Although I've been doing BYOC since 2011, I do wish Id spend more time in BYOC,
    but it's hard to tell myself to give up on trying to do things i want to do in the expo hall.
    For at least the last 2 years I feel like I've wasted alot of time in lines in the expo hall.
    Some of those lines end up taking over an hour to get through...
    Every year since I started doing BYOC I've gotten myself to spend less and less time waiting in lines in the expo hall,
    but at some point I might as well go to a dedicated LAN party if I'm just going to spend most of PAX in BYOC.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Fear not people waiting for a phone call. I got my callback today and was able to purchase two more tickets.

I asked said person "is your voicemail stuffed?" and they replied "umm yeah" :lol:

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    Fear not people waiting for a phone call. I got my callback today and was able to purchase two more tickets.
    That must be the most relieving feeling in the world after encountering the bug. Congrats, hope you and your party have fun at PAX!

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular

I asked said person "is your voicemail stuffed?" and they replied "umm yeah" :lol:

I just realized that I didn't leave a callback number when I left the voice mail. I wonder if I should leave another one or wait...

• Options
    Baske wrote: »
    I just realized that I didn't leave a callback number when I left the voice mail. I wonder if I should leave another one or wait...
    You should probably leave another one if that's how they're supposed to contact you.

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    So I got hit by the bug. I was in at about 5 seconds, got my 2 sets of 4 days each and counted my blessings, plus the very odd $6 "fee." Finally got around to reading the forums today (was in a horrific government class the last 4 weeks - badges went on sale during a lunch break) and saw the announcement to email the PAX folks, so I did.

I need a Judges ruling on this one though. I scored 2 previously with the ClubPA purchase window. Should I just shaddap and be thankful for my 4, or try for the additional 2 for the friends currently nursing holes in their souls?

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    VeeSeeVeeSee Pirate Ninja Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    That must be the most relieving feeling in the world after encountering the bug. Congrats, hope you and your party have fun at PAX!

Ditto. Got the callback earlier today and was able to purchase two additional sets.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Lazorz wrote: »

Yes and no. I'm thankful I was able to get 2 more sets for friends but it wouldn't have been the end of the world since I already had my tickets.

Also FYI to any internationals waiting for a phone call, I had to pay the $16 shipping a second time. Not the end of the world but just so you know what you're getting into.

krae_man on
  • Options
    PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular
    Are the Prime folks making first contact for those eligible to purchase more badges through e-mail or phone? People are waiting for a phone call and I'm just a little confused!

It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • Options
    Are the Prime folks making first contact for those eligible to purchase more badges through e-mail or phone? People are waiting for a phone call and I'm just a little confused!

You were supposed to first email pax_questions@paxsite.com, and they would then give you contact instructions afterward.

Some guy.
  • Options
    PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular

You were supposed to first email pax_questions@paxsite.com, and they would then give you contact instructions afterward.

Thanks Khoo <3

It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • Options
    Hopefully nobody gave the phone number away to people who didn't qualify. If they have to wade through and put up with people who don't that's just going to make everyones live needlessly difficult.

• Options
    ZorbaneZorbane Registered User regular

I never got a reply, should I be worried?

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    There any reason the bug would have prevented buying a single full set? I was in pretty early and on the fence about going all 4 days over the price, but tried to buy all 4 including a Monday but it wouldn't let me so instead of fighting it I just said meh initially because of the price and stuck with only buying a Fri-Sun set.

• Options
    zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »
    There any reason the bug would have prevented buying a single full set? I was in pretty early and on the fence about going all 4 days over the price, but tried to buy all 4 including a Monday but it wouldn't let me so instead of fighting it I just said meh initially because of the price and stuck with only buying a Fri-Sun set.

Monday badges are usually easy to come by at face value. I know I will have 2 to get rid of since the club PA sale only gave the option to buy all 4 days and I can't go Monday.

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    zwitterion wrote: »
    sanovah wrote: »

Monday badges are usually easy to come by at face value. I know I will have 2 to get rid of since the club PA sale only gave the option to buy all 4 days and I can't go Monday.

Oh yeah I'm sure I'll be able to find one on the street over the weekend, was just extremely annoying to not be able to get one that early in the process. The tweet went out at 12pm my time and I was checked out by 12:05 but it wouldn't even let me buy a single full set

• Options
    That's definitely a bug of some kind and I'd contact them. Saturday sold out long before Monday.

• Options
    BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    Zorbane wrote: »

I never got a reply, should I be worried?

Neither did I. So I have the same question, ha.

This discussion has been closed.