As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Big E3 Thread of Announcements, Leaks, Hype, and Doom!

• Options
    FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    Butcher wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    I don't go to Giant Bomb, but I always thought the Jeff guy was a d-bag. That is literally my only impression of GB, and that's from when he was on Gamespot.

Jeff is great though?

It was literally from one video or so YEARS ago that I got the impression. He could have had a bad day, or I could have been in a bad mood. My view is no way a representation of reality in this case, that was just the vibe I got at the time. He might be fantastic for all I know! =)

I listen to them every week. He's a douchebag and doesn't really ever say anything sincere.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this then.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8791399/mirrors-edge-catalyst-no-guns-ea-electronic-arts

No guns at all in the new Mirror's Edge. This is THE BEST news.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    While im not going to say Nintendo wowed me at all, I have to say this. People shitting on the WiiU have to remember that the Xbox ones biggest announcement this year was that people could play 360 games on it now. While I agree the PS4 is clearly winning the generation, they seem to be the only company that is pushing forward. Everyone else is looking back. It's really sad.

Also Microsoft : You wanna impress me? Give me all the damn Xbox Live games i bought on my xbox one. I have probably more money invested there then in physical games.
    The backwards compat stuff you mentioned in your first paragraph covers your ask in your second. All of the games they're offering through back compat are digital regardless if they had a disc release or not. From the people here who have an Xbox One they've said Super Meat Boy and Geometry Wars are available for example.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I mean, beyond the initial "oh wow, really?" those announcements have some major caveats

Last Gaurdian looked a bit rough around the edges and the gameplay seemed pretty average, FF7 was a cgi trailer for a game that probably won't be out for years and Shenmue was a kickstarter that hasn't evne started production yet. Like, these are newsworthy items, but they don't amount to much in the short-term, which is what Sony is lacking at the moment.. GB is taking the analytical route here, rather than the "Freak the hell out like the N64 kid and start jumping up on the chairs" route.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I think honestly, it was the 10 seconds of the intro to his Ninja Gaiden Black video that made me dislike him.
    And unfair reason to dislike a person, but I can be an unreasonable person at times =p. I'm aware it is a flaw...

https://youtu.be/ds04NulSfbs

vamen on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I've been reading a lot of negative reception to Giant Bomb's handling of the Sony conference. Apparently they were bored out of their minds and reacted to everything in a very nonplussed and cynical manner.

I know that's something a lot of fans flock to them for, me included. But based on what I've read, this is completely inexcusable.

Like I know FF isn't their thing, nor the other two. I don't expect them to suddenly get all enthusiastic about stuff that doesn't interest them.

But acting completely jaded and downplaying what is objectively a moment of videogame history with the triple-whammy of titles a shitload of people have been anticipating for years is neither funny nor cool. It's downright douchebaggery.

At the very least show some appreciation over what a big deal it is. Like I said before, I don't care about Shenmue, but I'll be sporting over the people who begged for it. Combining that with the FFVII Remake and The Last Guardian and not displaying anything but cynicism out of that? Holy shit, no.

I keep refreshing YouTube to see if the Best Friends put up their reaction video yet. I enjoy people making hyped-up asses out of themselves, not sit around like grumpy asses.

They essentially went "Wow, that's a lot of really cool stuff, but most of it is 3rd party and none of it is coming out this year." They weren't super down on it really, just weren't freaking out over titles they didn't particularly care about.

Yeah, I was going to post this. I didn't get a debbie downer vibe from them, or rolling their eyes or anything . There was genuine excitement to see Last Guardian, they thought FF7 announcement was cool but still way off, they liked Uncharted a lot. Overall the Sony conference was kind of boring in the filler spots...but I don't think Giant Bomb's coverage was overly negative at all. I think people just take it very personal when people don't automatically jump on their chosen hype train.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I played Geometry Wars on my Xbox One yesterday, it works totally fine. The load was kind of long before getting into the game, and it was odd to see the 360 intro again but once ingame it worked perfectly fine. Going to check my physical discs against the list sometime this week and see what that process is like.

It also sounds like the only real barrier to a game being available is the publisher giving the OK.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I mean he regularly calls out a lot of gross shit in the games industry and it's fandom, which is a net gain in my mind.

Speaking directly to people in this thread really. I'm stoked for my favorite game getting remade too but I don't expect everyone to be over the moon for it. It is a controversial game to say the least.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    So now that I'm home from work and can process things...here's what I posted before Nintendo's conference. I think it basically turned out as bad as it could.
    there is just SO MUCH that could go wrong. We know from experience.[...]Like, you don't want to see any games we already know about.

And they went and did that. Returning from last E3 are Mario Maker, Xenoblade, Yoshi's Wooly World, SMT x Fire Emblem, and Star Fox (announced but not shown). From past Nintendo Directs and Japanese releases we knew about Fire Emblem Fates, Youkai Watch, and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer. I'm not sure if we knew about Skylanders but I don't think anyone cared. The only game that gets a pass is Hyrule Warriors 3DS which was leaked.

So that means the new announcements are a new multiplayer Zelda, multiplayer Metroid-themed thing, an Animal Crossing board game, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, and Mario Tennis Wii U. And Star Fox kind of counts since we had no real info last year.

E3 is a place for new announcements! Not a place for things shown last E3. I've already decided what I will and will not buy out of those a long time ago. Should've left Mario Maker to the world championships and Xenoblade/Yoshi/etc. to the Treehouse stream. But I know they showed all they have.

Like I said, 3DS stuff just doesn't play well at E3 due to not being graphically impressive, and ultimately it feels like it was a 3DS-focused presentation.

No Wii Whatever Mii-based game, thank goodness, and no unnecessary sequels.

But no Pokken, no actual Animal Crossing Wii U, no rumored Punch Out, no Retro Metroid, no F-Zero. I don't think I can say that they gave us anything new we didn't know we wanted, other than probably Mario & Luigi. I thought for sure they'd show a real Wii U Animal Crossing and I'd be able to say it looked good, but wasn't for me, but I can't say the board game is even interesting.

As expected for Star Fox, this one is on the end of the spectrum where all you can say is "yep, that's Star Fox." At least it's not something like Star Fox Adventures that gets the opposite reaction.

No new IP and no new service-type announcements like more VC platforms or account systems/consumer loyalty program.

I guess take solace in the fact that Zelda is next year, and they must have a sparse release list here because they've got all their developers gearing up for NX launch games or something.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    From multiple sources: Gun combat has been totally removed from Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    You know, I was just wondering how FF7 remastered would sell to people who aren't us. We're a pretty damn tiny part of the gaming audience nowadays, and JRPGs have fallen pretty far out of the favor of the masses.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    [
    Nosf wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how the masses respond to FF7 and Shenmue and so on, since the only people who currently know about them is the core market. If Shenmue couldn't stand on its own all those years ago, has anything really changed? I mean, aside from a lot of other companies doing the same thing, but much, much better.

You wonder how many people "love" Shenmue or even FF7 that have never actually played it. I'm glad Shenmue 3 is being given a chance, but I don't recall anyone really caring about Shenmue 2 at all. Shenmue was ground breaking when it was released and influenced a lot of games that came after it, but I'm not sure how interesting that game is in 2017 or whenever it will come out.

I'm definitely seeing people talk about FF7 on facebook. Not too surprising considering how big it was, and no mentions of Shenmue.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I've been reading a lot of negative reception to Giant Bomb's handling of the Sony conference. Apparently they were bored out of their minds and reacted to everything in a very nonplussed and cynical manner.

I know that's something a lot of fans flock to them for, me included. But based on what I've read, this is completely inexcusable.

Like I know FF isn't their thing, nor the other two. I don't expect them to suddenly get all enthusiastic about stuff that doesn't interest them.

But acting completely jaded and downplaying what is objectively a moment of videogame history with the triple-whammy of titles a shitload of people have been anticipating for years is neither funny nor cool. It's downright douchebaggery.

At the very least show some appreciation over what a big deal it is. Like I said before, I don't care about Shenmue, but I'll be sporting over the people who begged for it. Combining that with the FFVII Remake and The Last Guardian and not displaying anything but cynicism out of that? Holy shit, no.

I keep refreshing YouTube to see if the Best Friends put up their reaction video yet. I enjoy people making hyped-up asses out of themselves, not sit around like grumpy asses.

I agree with them that a remake of a game that came out twenty years ago, a short clip of a game announced 6 years ago and hasn't changed at all and a freaking Kickstarter campaign are nowhere near Earth shattering pieces of news, and I'm glad that at least one gaming outlet is representing what is likely the mainstream view out of our echo chamber.

Describing a point of view different from yours as "inexcusable" represents a new level in gamer entitlement. I mean wow. A lot of people don't care about any of those three games and the hype behind them is little more than a meme to a lot of us.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    I don't go to Giant Bomb, but I always thought the Jeff guy was a d-bag. That is literally my only impression of GB, and that's from when he was on Gamespot.

Jeff is great though?

It was literally from one video or so YEARS ago that I got the impression. He could have had a bad day, or I could have been in a bad mood. My view is no way a representation of reality in this case, that was just the vibe I got at the time. He might be fantastic for all I know! =)

I listen to them every week. He's a douchebag and doesn't really ever say anything sincere.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this then.

I say it as someone who usually thinks he's entertaining, but he does come off like a douche. I don't think he's ever asked a personal question to anyone in the group over the year I've listened to the podcast.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    RYU FOCUS SMASHED LUCAS OUT OF A GOLDEN HAMMER

end of match he parried two smashes from both sides at the same time

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Guys, I don't think you understand.

NIER MOTHER FUCKING TWO WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    At the end of the day, it's nice that some people are getting what they've been clamoring for, it'll be interesting to see if it pays off for Sony.

• Options

Jeff is great though?

This is complete nonsense. Unless you think he was insincere about how much he likes Splatoon (going as far as to unironically call it "rad"), or his experiences, positive and negative, in trying out Bloodborne.

Like, when's he's going on a rant against Yoshi for comedic effect he's being (somewhat) insincere, but he's obviously playing it up there. Dude isn't like that most of the time. He just doesn't mince his words.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    LD50 wrote: »
    Guys, I don't think you understand.

NIER MOTHER FUCKING TWO WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY.

A man who sees the glorious silver lining.

EDIT - I was sad none of my friends played this so no one else was excited alongside me. Thankfully I have you folks.

vamen on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Yeah, okay guys, I'll stop being excited for Sony's stuff now because I'm not allowed to think things are cool unless they release in less that six months. Okay.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    hackswordhacksword WinnipegRegistered User regular
    If you like websites and video games, I'd go to giantbomb dot com.

It's a website, about video games!

What if I'm an uncritical gamer and not interested in what other people think and want validation of my pre-existing gaming tastes and want assurances that I chose the right side in a platform war? Should I still go to Giant Bomb?

• Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Yeah, okay guys, I'll stop being excited for Sony's stuff now because I'm not allowed to think things are cool unless they release in less that six months. Okay.

Nobody said you couldn't be excited for it. :razz: We're sharing opinions in here.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I'm not allowed to think things are cool unless they release in less that six months. Okay.

Said literally nobody.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Here, form your own opinions about GiantBomb's coverage of the FF7 remake:
    https://youtu.be/hqF4nc0_chk?t=1h19m

1:19:00 if it doesn't jump properly.

(I have no horse in this race.)

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular

Jeff is great though?

This is complete nonsense. Unless you think he was insincere about how much he likes Splatoon (going as far as to unironically call it "rad"), or his experiences, positive and negative, in trying out Bloodborne.

Like, when's he's going on a rant against Yoshi for comedic effect he's being (somewhat) insincere, but he's obviously playing it up there. Dude isn't like that most of the time. He just doesn't mince his words.

I meant outside of video games. Yes, he's often brutally honest and real about his video game opinions but that's it. Brad, Dan, everyone else talk about other things and come off like real people. Jeff is just kind of emotionless.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Nintendo is making a downright crazy amount of games in-house, I think it's inevitable that they leverage more studios to work on their projects to keep the pace up.

ehhh.. yessss but the problem is that the ones they are making in house for the most part are not the games people actually want.

AC board game?
    Zelda 3ds multiplayer puzzler?

Metroid sports?

Outsource this crap and give us real Zelda, Metroid, Mario, AC products from the A team.

I actually want that though

Also, Zelda Wii U is still happening and I still think Retro is working on a new Metroid for Wii U.

I want to believe. I truly do. But at this point, if Retro is doing Metroid, it's for the NX. They'll want to load up the big guns to get people to buy a new system. And it pains me to think that way.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    At the end of the day, it's nice that some people are getting what they've been clamoring for, it'll be interesting to see if it pays off for Sony.

For PS4 fans? Sure. At least, for now, until the hype dies down.

For someone looking for reasons to own a PS4 this year? Not likely. I am pretty open about "Games are games and games are fun" but Sony didn't really have a lot of substance to the show, they just played to the hearts of their fans with little teasers.

Treehouse is showing off Star Fox right now and I must say... this doesn't look like a 60 dollar Nintendo IP. Looks to be lacking a lot of that Nintendo polish, especially for a game that is coming out this year.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8791399/mirrors-edge-catalyst-no-guns-ea-electronic-arts

Pretty sure guns are still in the game. It's just you won't be using them. Cause you're a parkour-ing all over the place punching and kicking dudes and you gotta go fast... and bullets too slow.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Here, form your own opinions about GiantBomb's coverage of the FF7 remake:
    https://youtu.be/hqF4nc0_chk?t=1h19m

1:19:00 if it doesn't jump properly.

(I have no horse in this race.)

2:06:00 or so for their general comments about everything after the show.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Page 104. Wild wild west up in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FDPgvm2l0

• Options
    I mean, beyond the initial "oh wow, really?" those announcements have some major caveats

Last Gaurdian looked a bit rough around the edges and the gameplay seemed pretty average, FF7 was a cgi trailer for a game that probably won't be out for years and Shenmue was a kickstarter that hasn't evne started production yet. Like, these are newsworthy items, but they don't amount to much in the short-term, which is what Sony is lacking at the moment.. GB is taking the analytical route here, rather than the "Freak the hell out like the N64 kid and start jumping up on the chairs" route.

Exactly how I feel. Maybe it's jaded, maybe it's cynical, but this year's E3 was won with some smoke and mirrors.

Like I said earlier, it's like if MS moneyhatted the announcement that Valve is making Half Life 3, which will be multiplatform and will come out in 3 years, and then they showed off a kickstarter for an official sequel to Chrono Trigger. They'd win E3 too, but through no merit of their own.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Pretty sure guns are still in the game. It's just you won't be using them. Cause you're a parkour-ing all over the place punching and kicking dudes and you gotta go fast... and bullets too slow.

Good point. But yeah. Being able to shoot people in a parkour game was always kinda weird and dumb. I'm so happy they're making a sequel.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Jeff is just kind of emotionless.

I think I saw him emote twice. Maybe that's his thing now. . .perhaps its always been. I used to really like GB. Now I only ever tune if if it's something Vinny is doing.

As for the rest of 2015, I'm fine with the multiplat/stuff that's happening. Am I really supposed to be upset that Horizon, UC4, Zelda U, The Division, DS3, Star Ocean or w/e isn't releasing this year when FO4, Halo, AC:S, R6:Siege etc. are actually dropping. FO4 out in six months after leakage is pretty much all I give a damn about, but there is plenty in the distance to get pumped about.

I am however pissed that the best we got from ATLUS (so far) is the same fucking Japanese trailer for P5. I mean come on. Guess there's something coming next week, but how about your non-English speaking fans?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Nintendo pretty much spent their whole thing talking about games coming out in 2015 and people hated it, apparently

Yeah, I don't get it. I loved the FF7 remake video and Shenmue and The Last Guardian, but Nintendo had a 2015 release date at the end of almost everything they showed. That's pretty unprecedented!

Sony's presentation was great but when you pick it apart... The Last Guardian seemed like something that could maybe come out next year, while Shenmue as a Kickstarter launched yesterday means they certainly haven't even started pre-production, and I can't imagine that FFVII is much further along. That with No Man's Sky making it's now annual appearance just gives me the impression that most of what Sony had on offer is games that are years away, at best. Microsoft's game coverage seemed a bit more grounded, but most of their big reveals were just welcome new platform features like the dash update, a new controller, Xbox 360 emulation, and mod support for games like Fallout 4.

Nintendo, by comparison, was very focused on things that'll be in my hands before the next E3 and I really appreciated it.

Yeah, it seems kind of bizarre to me that apparently the new goal of an E3 20XX is to showcase games coming out in 20XX +1/+2.

Some of the games Nintendo announced were just... what?. On the flip side, I got 6 months notice for a bunch that I'm excited for.

Meanwhile, while I absolutely am going to have to get a PS4 eventually, I'm certainly not rushing out to get one by the end of the day.

Honestly, some of the stuff at Sony's conference felt like 20XX +3/+4.

The FFVII remake probably is but what else? Maybe Shenmue 3 but I don't think it'll take THAT long, 2017 at the latest. And everything else was pretty clearly either 2015 or 2016.

It's really hard to say, though. The game's not even in pre-production, and if they are making it to the standards of Shenmue 1 (which had a budget of ~$80M), they could be looking at 4-5 years in production. They are only asking for $2M, but Kickstarter asking amounts mean basically jack shit. $2M is maybe enough to make a mobile game, on its own. Assumedly, Sony is also bankrolling it to some amount behind the scenes.

I agree with you for the most part but I was under the impression most of the reason why Shenmue 1's budget and dev time was so absurd was because Suzuki was far too ambitious for the hardware he was making it for. That shouldn't be a problem at all now, building their game on UE4. I think the biggest factor will be just how many people are actually working on it.

For PS4 fans? Sure. At least, for now, until the hype dies down.

For someone looking for reasons to own a PS4 this year? Not likely. I am pretty open about "Games are games and games are fun" but Sony didn't really have a lot of substance to the show, they just played to the hearts of their fans with little teasers.

Treehouse is showing off Star Fox right now and I must say... this doesn't look like a 60 dollar Nintendo IP. Looks to be lacking a lot of that Nintendo polish, especially for a game that is coming out this year.

What does this even mean? Horizon was just a little teaser?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Exactly how I feel. Maybe it's jaded, maybe it's cynical, but this year's E3 was won with some smoke and mirrors.

Like I said earlier, it's like if MS moneyhatted the announcement that Valve is making Half Life 3, which will be multiplatform and will come out in 3 years, and then they showed off a kickstarter for an official sequel to Chrono Trigger. They'd win E3 too, but through no merit of their own.

Thankfully, in a couple of weeks reality will settle in and no one will really care about who "won" E3 anymore.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I'm really not seeing Star Fox as a 60 dollar game.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Jeff is great though?

I meant outside of video games. Yes, he's often brutally honest and real about his video game opinions but that's it. Brad, Dan, everyone else talk about other things and come off like real people. Jeff is just kind of emotionless.

What?

Like, Jeff talks about food, movies, crazy anecdotes from his youth, owing a home, performance sheets and lots of other stuff. He shows about as much emotion as all the other people? Like, this is getting off topic from E3, but I'm not really seeing this version of Jeff you're describing.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What's kind of interesting about the Direct today was that the theme of it (and this E3 for Nintendo) was "Transformation."

This, right here, would be the perfect place to talk about the next generation of consoles, the next gen of mobile games, the next gen of all their franchises.

That... makes me wonder.. if there isn't more in store we haven't seen. I know NX is too early, even given Nintendo's preference for 5 year release cycles (especially if it combines the 3DS and Wii U). But something is just making me think there is more out there...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    jeff is great.

the sony conference had nothing coming out this calendar year, and only one game with a date. that date was an entire year window as well on a game that has been in development hell for almost a decade.

given these are the same people who get visibility frustrated when people freak out and scream while at press conferences as it's an industry event, short of something actually groundbreaking happening you're not going to get that much of a rise out of them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    What's kind of interesting about the Direct today was that the theme of it (and this E3 for Nintendo) was "Transformation."

This, right here, would be the perfect place to talk about the next generation of consoles, the next gen of mobile games, the next gen of all their franchises.

That... makes me wonder.. if there isn't more in store we haven't seen. I know NX is too early, even given Nintendo's preference for 5 year release cycles (especially if it combines the 3DS and Wii U). But something is just making me think there is more out there...

Don't get hyped. There will be at least one other Nintendo game shown this E3 that hasn't been announced yet, but it'll be on the scale of Codename Steam, like last year.

This discussion has been closed.