Options

[chat] America

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    a strangely high number of disappointed father memes on the internet

i ... i wonder why that is

our generation is a dissapointment

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I should go home.

Wait.

I should get drunk

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    a strangely high number of disappointed father memes on the internet

i ... i wonder why that is

A subconscious counter to Yo Mama jokes.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh the grad student I'm seeing secretly is incredibly excited about ren faires and I was joking about going to one but no we're definitely going to one on the weekend and she's gonna wear a corset

dating is the best

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    My mom used to troll me super hard when i was a kid with ontological explanations

she used to say that rain was god's piss and snow was angel shit

I mean it explains my coprophilia but

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    there was a time in my life when I would have walked 10 minutes for sex

a younger time

now that you have produced children evolution has shut down all of your instincts and drives to survive and procreate

"oh, the house is on fire" said Skippy, "better get out of here, I guess".

*looks for phone*

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    George Clooney once convinced someone on the set of The Monuments Men to take Matt Damon's costume in by a quarter of an inch each day. Damon was apparently trying to lose weight and couldn't understand why his clothes were getting tighter and tighter.

He did the same thing to Richard Kind I think

Also when he and Kind were roommates he cleaned out the litterbox for Kind's cat for like two weeks without telling him so he'd start to wonder if the cat was sick

Clooney then dropped a giant deuce in the middle of the litterbox

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    SA does have a china emote. It's shit though.

emot-china.gif

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Work decided to start using forum software for internal communication, starting with a forum for documentation, release notes, and questions about the software I wrote as a pilot program. The forum software is actually pretty good and supports bbcode and stuff. I have admin privileges.

It's me, my team in the US, a few german engineers using my software, and the whole china team, posting about problems. I answer questions and include pictures and stuff, which even though we are an engineering company, that makes me a wizard. I'm also slowly deleting the terrible emoticons and adding my own.

I added the following two GIFs to the emoticon library today:
    crying_eagle.gifcrying_panda.gif

We need these.

They're SomethingAwful emoticons, they have a huge number of flag+animal crying gifs

tKITPTs.gifTJtcPq9.gifaSioyaI.gifPgGnNO8.gifO4TXaB1.gif

The US one is from something awful but I made the China one. Does SA have a china one?

Yeah, it's a panda as well

• Options
    Oh man it's amazing to me that all parents don't abuse that sort of trust. My dad took it as a sacred duty to fuck with us literally every time we asked for an explanation. He told us it was his responsibility to teach us that we could depend on nothing save our own research to find answers.

Which is why he told us snakes came out of toilets and ate bad children.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    11357339_850142865079335_1979821547_n.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Just got my first...booty call..

And I am saying no lel

I don't think you understand how this works

I only ever got bootycalled once.

I drove a car with a busted headgasket into the city.

50/50 chance of getting stranded.

But that's a 75% chance of making it there soooooooo...

I could walk there in 10 minutes

But I'm tired.. And I just got in bed..

son-i-am-disappoint-original.gif

wglhllrg0nui.jpg

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    11420523_1000314639999217_1050462342_n.jpg

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    George Clooney once convinced someone on the set of The Monuments Men to take Matt Damon's costume in by a quarter of an inch each day. Damon was apparently trying to lose weight and couldn't understand why his clothes were getting tighter and tighter.

Also when he and Kind were roommates he cleaned out the litterbox for Kind's cat for like two weeks without telling him so he'd start to wonder if the cat was sick

American Dad's reference to Clooney's love of pranks is legit?

Fucking McFarlane does his research?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    It sucks knowing I'll never be able to use any kind of VR headset. Motion sickness precludes it.

I feel like they're going to be working overtime figuring out solid solutions to that. They seem to give even non-motion-sick people the ills, so it's possible they'll figure out to arrange it so that it literally does not produce the sensations that make you and I ill.

Buuuut yeah it does kinda blow to know it's a long shot.

It's not really possible. The disconnect between what your eyes are telling your brain and what your body is telling your brain in relation to movement isn't something you can program for. Heck, I get sick on motion rides like Star Tours, because even with the motion, it doesn't sync up with the visual well enough. My body's still telling my brain it's going one way while my eyes are telling my brain it's going another, and my brain goes "Conflicting signals, you've been poisoned, evacuate stomach contents."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hahaha, Denmark's is a crying lego brick.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

American Dad is god damn prophetic.

Why do you doubt?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    11357339_850142865079335_1979821547_n.jpg

i love that instagram filter for when i take super artsy pics of billyburgian poetry

but anyway that picture is very evocative, somewhat of a crystal castles album cover, somewhat of watching my dog rummage through snow during civil twilight

Eddy on
  • Options
    It sucks knowing I'll never be able to use any kind of VR headset. Motion sickness precludes it.

I feel like they're going to be working overtime figuring out solid solutions to that. They seem to give even non-motion-sick people the ills, so it's possible they'll figure out to arrange it so that it literally does not produce the sensations that make you and I ill.

It's not really possible. The disconnect between what your eyes are telling your brain and what your body is telling your brain in relation to movement isn't something you can program for. Heck, I get sick on motion rides like Star Tours, because even with the motion, it doesn't sync up with the visual well enough. My body's still telling my brain it's going one way while my eyes are telling my brain it's going another, and my brain goes "Conflicting signals, you've been poisoned, evacuate stomach contents."

Oh I know

Maybe they just have you inject a powerful paralytic prior to play, and hook up those mentally-controlled prosthetic arms.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Dad are you kidding

"Yes Maddy that thing with all the lights? Space ship. We're near NASA you know."

"Oh you see, when you're asleep Z's come off your head. Only grown ups can see them. *Periodically pulls back the shade on the pram when baby brothers are sleeping to 'let the Z's out'*"

"What's this? Chin, good job! What's this! Nose! Yes it is definitely Nose, not Eye. Nose."

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

But you have been poisoned.

https://youtu.be/Fc1P-AEaEp8

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Also he convinced us that one of his arms would periodically become possessed by some sort of spirit intent on tickling children that he had no control over whatsoever

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The 'water tower is actually a hovering space ship' was inspired, true.

spool32 on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    fun fact: new research has discovered that the majority of kangaroos are left-handed

a whole new meaning of "south paw"

• Options
    Also he convinced us that one of his arms would periodically become possessed by some sort of spirit intent on tickling children that he had no control over whatsoever

spool = kojima???

snake = bleric???????????

• Options
    Also I was convinced that grilled cheese sandwiches were called "girlcheese sandwiches" for like half my life

• Options
    Dad are you kidding

"Yes Maddy that thing with all the lights? Space ship. We're near NASA you know."

"Oh you see, when you're asleep Z's come off your head. Only grown ups can see them. *Periodically pulls back the shade on the pram when baby brothers are sleeping to 'let the Z's out'*"

"What's this? Chin, good job! What's this! Nose! Yes it is definitely Nose, not Eye. Nose."

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1989/07/30

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Also I was convinced that grilled cheese sandwiches were called "girlcheese sandwiches" for like half my life

#pwned

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

They were for girls!

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

It wouldn't surprise me if McFarlane had been pranked by Clooney at some point.

I sorta get the impression that if you know him odds are you've been pranked by him even if you don't realize it

I kinda want a show where George Clooney and Joshua Malina just one up each other via pranks

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Oh I know

Maybe they just have you inject a powerful paralytic prior to play, and hook up those mentally-controlled prosthetic arms.

I... think I'll just stick with a big screen.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

This is true, this is a real thing that affects like 85% of dads

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I had this problem.

I also felt super-guilty whenever I ate a Brownie for years, because I knew girls who were in Brownies and I felt bad eating their friends

Being a kid is a friggin rollercoaster

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

This is true, this is a real thing that affects like 85% of dads

By 2050 it is estimated to reach 97%.

There are no projections for a cure.

• Options
    Mancheese sandwich not very appetizing.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

When I was a kid I'd watch my dad play colonization, but I misread some words and he found it too funny to correct.

It was a strange day when I learned that revolutionary guns were not "muskrats" and mounted soldiers were not "dragons."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    It still tickles me that my dad and mom looked exactly like Calvin's parents when I was a kid.

• Options

We had two types of margarine in our house, the hard block kind and a soft spreadable kind.

My parents referred to the hard type as butter, and the soft type as margarine.

I didn't have butter until I was like 20.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It wouldn't surprise me if McFarlane had been pranked by Clooney at some point.

I sorta get the impression that if you know him odds are you've been pranked by him even if you don't realize it

I kinda want a show where George Clooney and Joshua Malina just one up each other via pranks

The man loves faking other people's stationary.

This discussion has been closed.