As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechwarrior Online] Summer's got us down, so we Drop Ship'd [Thread Over]

1939495969799»

• Options
    wyld_thangwyld_thang Registered User regular
    Running an Urbie and being top damage in a match that ended 11-12 for the enemy... that's a nice feeling.
    But the last enemy mech being a DDC with 86% on the damage and only two battered lights to face him... *sigh*

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Is there a filter for "owned cockpit items?"

Because navigating the cockpit menu to find the right decorations is a HUGE pain.

Supposedly I won a "Pop" cockpit item in a goodie bag, but I don't see anything labeled "Pop" in the list.

If you're scrolling through the images, it is a large cup of soda.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Aww, I was hoping for some kind of stylized soda bottle like nuka cola.

At least it isn't coffee mug #478

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Aww, I was hoping for some kind of stylized soda bottle like NUKA COLA.

At least it isn't coffee mug #478

fixed for branding

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Its peanut butter jelly robot time! I'll be on vent and dropping until I get tired of doing it solo. Join me for many funtime robot shootings.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Wish I could, but unfortunately work requires me to be at work and working. Slave drivers, all of them. Don't they understand that mechs don't shoot themselves.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I see all these people posting about their awesome Ebon Jaguar funtimes, and I'm jealous.

The couple of times I've tried to get into a match with one of mine, it's consisted of me sitting in the queue for 10 minutes until I get bored and switch to a different weight class.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I see all these people posting about their awesome Ebon Jaguar funtimes, and I'm jealous.

The couple of times I've tried to get into a match with one of mine, it's consisted of me sitting in the queue for 10 minutes until I get bored and switch to a different weight class.

I love the EBJ. So far all the pilots using it that I've faced think they're smaller Timber Wolves. Then they are flabbergasted when their CT explodes because they are not, in fact, Timber Wolves.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

I love the EBJ. So far all the pilots using it that I've faced think they're smaller Timber Wolves. Then they are flabbergasted when their CT explodes because they are not, in fact, Timber Wolves.

The EBJ is certainly squishier than the TBR. It's not, like, blink-at-it-and-it-explodes squishy, but it's definitely not on the Timber Wolf's level of tank-ability.

#RealTalk: The Ebon Jaguar isn't the second coming of Kerensky. It's good, but not whoa crazy crazy.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »

The EBJ is certainly squishier than the TBR. It's not, like, blink-at-it-and-it-explodes squishy, but it's definitely not on the Timber Wolf's level of tank-ability.

#RealTalk: The Ebon Jaguar isn't the second coming of Kerensky. It's good, but not whoa crazy crazy.

It is tankier when the torso pods are populated as it makes a bigger target for the side torsos, but it can also be build as a sneaky hill humper without the torso pods.

More squishy than a Timberwolf or Hellbringer, less squishy than a Mad Dog.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dynamic time of day preview :D

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    According to a tweet from Russ, they are going to shrink the size of the mad dog so that it is more in line with mechs of its weight class.

As a catapult fan, I feel slighted.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    According to a tweet from Russ, they are going to shrink the size of the mad dog so that it is more in line with mechs of its weight class.

Source? I watch Russ's feed like a hawk, and he's never said anything like that to my recollection.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Hahahaha holy shit, I used to think maybe the clan favoritism was overstated, but fixing the mad dog before the horde of IS mechs that desperately need re-sizing is insane. Do they not see it? I want to shake russ.

• Options
    edited June 2015

Source? I watch Russ's feed like a hawk, and he's never said anything like that to my recollection.

https://mobile.twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/612494572044681216

It's a posture thing. They will lower it by a meter or so. I suppose the actual model itself isn't being resized . Poor choice of words on my part.

Still, it is clam love while a founding mech is left out in the cold.

I dream of a game where catapults are the same size as the EBJ instead of the Stalker. That'd be great.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    And that explains why I didn't see it, it's buried in a RT chain that Twitter apparently thinks isn't important enough to put in my feed. Geez, Twitter. How am I supposed to virtually stalk a celebrity/person-of-note if you don't surface every single post to me?

I'm with you on the Catapult, when it's all said and done. I was working on a 'Pult miniature over the weekend, and even with it being one of the most habitually mis-sized 'Mechs in existence, the current Intro box fig is still clearly smaller than an Atlas. Whereas MWO's model has always been questionable in that regard.

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    As I was staring down at the back of an executioners head from my centurion cockpit, I wondered, is this 95 ton assault with jump jets the same size as an 80 ton gargoyle?

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I am super curious what I've been tentatively assigned, because I have never been the greatest pilot, nor the greatest mech builder.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I am super curious what I've been tentatively assigned, because I have never been the greatest pilot, nor the greatest mech builder.

...Can I interest you in an Awesome? :D

Otherwise, the Enforcer and Hunchback slots are also still open for the running! Though @Vanderbrent has put up a strong 95-point score for the AC/20 Hunchie.

My notes from the PGI Beta Tournament have you in a JagerMech, but @StayFrosty00 already drove off with the battalion's lone rig.

Nips on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Dynamic time of day preview :D

How can I get in-game graphics with that level of visual fidelity, though? :(

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »

...Can I interest you in an Awesome? :D

Otherwise, the Enforcer and Hunchback slots are also still open for the running! Though @Vanderbrent has put up a strong 95-point score for the AC/20 Hunchie.

My notes from the PGI Beta Tournament have you in a JagerMech, but @StayFrosty00 already drove off with the battalion's lone rig.

Cycloneranger/Gorn is the resident Awesome pilot.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    @Nips

I feel, as the High Priest of the Lurm Temple, that it is my duty to bring this video to your attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H9tz-gDxFQ

and to declare that Mork and Gork will be very angry with the Oosiks unless we get a 12 man lurm brigade going for the dakka sometime soon.

• Options
    Once I get my shadow cats, I'll configure one as a narc/tag spotter/ecm platform.

I expect it to be an exercise in futility with the new wave of ecm mechs flooding the field, but I'll give it the ol' college try.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    @Nips we need to abandon thread and blast off to new thready adventures

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    fine... since i just so happened to drop into a match with Gorn in his Awesome, i'll post a score

eecAm0S.jpg

you people are missing good times in the solo queue tonight. lots of skill on every team. real close games.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    I just spent five minutes stuck inside another mech while collision detection bugged and wouldn't let either of us move.

Thanks for that, PGI.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I just spent five minutes stuck inside another mech while collision detection bugged and wouldn't let either of us move.

Thanks for that, PGI.

I had that with an allied king crab once.

after about 15 seconds he just shot me.
    Once I get my shadow cats, I'll configure one as a narc/tag spotter/ecm platform.

I expect it to be an exercise in futility with the new wave of ecm mechs flooding the field, but I'll give it the ol' college try.

@General_Armchair

NO LRMS DEFEATS THE PURPLES OF LRMAGEDDON

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    meant to edit not post.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

Thanks for that, PGI.

Early after open beta finished that happened to me once, but instead of not letting us move, he went forward while I was trying to go backwards and my internal CT spontaneously exploded, with everything else intact.

Working As Intended! :lol:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @Buttcleft
    Fine. I won't help spot then. Have fun acquiring a missile lock once shadow cats and Arctic cheetahs start running around.

ArmaGECM is nearly upon us.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Anyway, here's my AWS entry (@Nips). My top score right now is 153.

6JaIWZl.jpg?1

[Edit: Also I did not notice you in the game you posted until it was already rolling, Hydro; I have been alt-tabbing and ignoring the match start screen. Sorry if I seemed like I was ignoring you.]

CycloneRanger on
  • Options
    Wow. Holy hell, Gorn. That's just. Man.

If someone can nut-up and beat that, they deserve it. I very much doubt anyone will.

And on that note, Hydro's right. I've been watching the pace of the thread, gauging when I'd need to load up the dropship, then you guys go and flurry-post while I'm not looking.

Well, it's a good thing I fueled up before posting. EVERYBODY ON BOARD! LAST STOP, LURM-TOWN AND PARTS BEYOND!

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Wow. Holy hell, Gorn. That's just. Man.

If someone can nut-up and beat that, they deserve it. I very much doubt anyone will.

And on that note, Hydro's right. I've been watching the pace of the thread, gauging when I'd need to load up the dropship, then you guys go and flurry-post while I'm not looking.

Well, it's a good thing I fueled up before posting. EVERYBODY ON BOARD! LAST STOP, LURM-TOWN AND PARTS BEYOND!

While I've been out of the game for a while, I genuinely thought I'd have a chance at Awesoming up and posting a decent score. That's just, well... Congrats dude :D.