As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Board Games] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I am doing the next OP. It is just going to be a detailed description of every Dominion expansion.

I was thinking about cutting it out of the OP for Trains...

• Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Oh deary me, I seem to have forgotten that I had Trains:RS and Flashpoint in my Amazon cart when I was ordering something for my wife. What horrible luck....

• Options
    Rising Sun has been on my to get list for a long time. I think it will be very high on my birthday list.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Played Forbidden Stars (two players) last Saturday and Belfort (three players) today. Both games were very close and very entertaining. Several battles in the former were decided by one [resource], and the spread between first and third in the latter was a whopping 4 points.

Forbidden Stars, in particular, has generated a lot of "damn, we've got to play this again, and soon" vibes.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    All the rest of my Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King stuff showed up yesterday.

Not gonna lie, this is literally too much game.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Woo hoo viceroy arrived today. Excited to finish work and dig into that one.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

Mine arrived yesterday. Gotta say, overall I'm happy. But my biggest negative is something I should have known going in and it's that the sleeves, even the premium which I got, are pretty junky. I'll try and take a couple snaps later but the fit is pretty bad and despite being "125% thicker" still aren't as thick as the Ultra-Pro's I got for Among the Stars. They only cost me $3 but I'll probably be tossing them as soon as I order more of the Ultra-Pros.

Though that might be a while because fuck paying $5 to ship 3 packs of sleeves that only cost me $6.

• Options
    jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    I'm actually shocked that my OP has lasted as long as it has, persisting through multiple thread resets. But I'm officially out of the loop, chasing a 3-year-old, 2-year-old, and (as of last week) a 1-year-old. So I'm glad there's some interest in reworking it.

However, if you want some board game description blurbs, feel free to ask.

When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • Options
    You know I was looking at my old Street Fighter threads for thread inspiration and I have an idea that may or may not pan out:

PA Game Night! Let's pick a day (I dunno, Tuesdays or some time during the week probably) where we'll all log on and play a game on BoardGameArena or something. Like everyone get on and play Tzolk'in or something. Maybe it could be a tournament since games go soooo much quicker on BGA than in real life. Probably just two rounds though.

Would people find that fun? Then you can call yourself the Penny Arcade Tzolk'in Champion. Or K2. Or Seasons!

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

Mine arrived yesterday. Gotta say, overall I'm happy. But my biggest negative is something I should have known going in and it's that the sleeves, even the premium which I got, are pretty junky. I'll try and take a couple snaps later but the fit is pretty bad and despite being "125% thicker" still aren't as thick as the Ultra-Pro's I got for Among the Stars.

I got a pack thrown in (was it a stretch goal?) and man they are really bad, you weren't kidding. The game looks great though!

Edit: also I wish I hadn't wasted money on the plastic gems, the cardboard ones are a lot nicer.

Edit edit: the game is super fun! Tense auctions, lots of decisions and lots of different paths to points to choose from. Can't wait to play it again.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options