As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mage Knight: Lost Legions] Volkare's Comin' for Ya

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Holy shit.

I mean, this is probably gonna sound suspect but I was pretty sure I had 25 somehow just from taking Heroic Tale. I drew very nearly the ideal hand for making a giant pile of influence so I decided to see if I could go to 37. I think I could've cleared 40 if I really wanted to.

Turns out High Rep is pretty viable if you can swing it!

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Holy shit.

Turns out High Rep is pretty viable if you can swing it!

I could not swing it.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    wtf

• Options
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I feel like that's one short of my choices? I'll definitely take the Banner of Protection, though.

The second is Bow + ??? , I assume?

@admanb

• Options
    Artifact flips are always the number you bought/won + 1.

• Options
    Noted! I'll take the Bow for #2.

@kirindal is up.

• Options
    The die rerolls to white.

• Options
    Unrelated to stunting on recruitment, I think there's a fairly good chance we don't see Volkare reach the city before next round at this point. I'm certainly banking on it.

We got any other prep to do?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Volkare's remaining deck is five move cards (no doubles), four wounds. So even if you take four more turns this round the odds of him making it are slim.

admanb on
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Playing Mana Draw and then Source-powered Tranquility to draw 2 more cards.

• Options
    Stamina and Threaten.

• Options
    Playing a Source-powered Pure Magic along with a White Crystal to gain Influence 7.
    Then tack on a Threaten, Promise, and a sideways Stamina for an additional Influence 5 for a total of Influence 12.
    Buying an artifact from the city.
    @admanb & @jakobagger for next turn

• Options
  • Options
    I'll take the Amulet of the Sun.

@admanb

• Options
  • Options
    Pathfinding with the source for 4 Move.

Move SE,SE and enter the city.

End turn.

• Options
    Pathfinding with the source for 4 Move.

Move SE,SE and enter the city.

End turn.

I'm sure you have a plan, but "towards Volkare," might not be that bad a call for movement now that we've got this down, in all seriousness.

• Options
    I figured we'd just convene in the city and end the round, actually. Don't have any plan beyond that.

Guess I should read up on ow fighting Volkare even works.

• Options
    @ObiFett to play.

• Options
    Die rerolled to black.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Savage Harvesting for +2 Move and head into the City, discard Rage to gain a Red Crystal

Exhaust Magic Familiars for +2 Heal, discard both wounds in my hand

@admanb Is there a White in the Source?

• Options
    Yes.

• Options
    K, then Charm with White Mana from the source for +4 Influence, gaining a White Crystal
    Promise for +2 Influence
    Space Bending sideways for +1 Influence

Recruit the Scouts

End Turn

• Options
    Volkare flips blue and walks a step closer.

The Board

Volkare - 10 deck, 28 discard.
    Goldyx (Auralynx) - 8 hand, 3 deck.
    Wolfhawk (Kirindal) - 7 hand, 0 deck.
    Norowas (jakobagger) - 9 hand, 8 deck.
    Krang (ObiFett) - 3 hand, 0 deck.

Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

Actions
    @Auralynx to play.

• Options
    @admanb fact-check this Volkare Fight Primer:

Okay, Volkare started, I think, with 2 white, 2 gray, 4 red, and 10 green guys (he's level 20 so 2x the level 10 guys).

That is many guys.

He's gained 5 gray guys since then, by my count, which leaves us with 2 white, 4 red, 7 gray, and 10 green guys. We have to kill all the guys by the end of next round, without letting him hit the city twice.

None of us wants a piece of that solo, so we need to square up for a fight. It's gonna cost movement to assault him, as if he were a city, but based on his tile. His guys are not fortified unless something would make them.

When dividing guys we count the white & red as one group to spit, and the green & gray as the other. I kind of want to volunteer to have Tremor / Earthquake in my hand and play a round of Kill All The Orcs.

Volkare also hits all of us with the same attack, unless you shoot all the guys you're fighting. He doesn't attack you if you shoot all the guys you took on.

Oh, and then as far as my turn:

Will Focus for a green crystal.

Play Stamina with a blue from the source for 4 movement, go to the Badlands SW of the city.

Regular-old discard Rage so I can draw those last 3 cards before @ObiFett ends the round. Which he should do.

@Kirindal

• Options
    Volkare has 10 grey units. Not sure which ones you missed, but I did go back to the beginning to confirm that he started out with two so they all must have come from somewhere!

• Options
    ahahaha we are so screwed

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    ahahaha we are so screwed

This is pretty bad, yeah. It's meant to be a multi-stage fight but good Lord.

• Options
    Playing Source powered Crystallize to gain a Blue Mana Crystal.

@jakobagger

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Any brilliant ideas on what to do with this:

Rkwbeed.jpg

I can't interact with the city, so I guess I might just start marching towards my Volkare-shaped doom?

jakobagger on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Any brilliant ideas on what to do with this:

Rkwbeed.jpg

I can't interact with the city, so I guess I might just start marching towards my Volkare-shaped doom?

If the mana's available I'd probably train out a Swiftness for Dodge & Weave, which is gonna be pretty useful for what we're looking at having to clear.

If you feel enormously heroic and have no fear of getting KO'd, shoot the hell out of some guys with your various ranged attacks then get pasted in the face, but that's probably not as good an idea as heading over towards Volkare so we can encircle him and then tossing your whole hand not used for movement in hope of drawing Crystallize or something else useful to bank with.

Oh, and if you wanted to set something to Green, I'd be appreciative but it's pretty far from mandatory, as I am doing a real dumb thing with my last turn either way and that'd make it cheaper.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Hmm, yeah that sounds like a decent plan.

Play mana draw, source-powered if there's any white in the source, otherwise with Concentration.

Take a black and set it to green, gain two green mana tokens.

Token-powered Training to turn a Swiftness into Dodge and Weave.

• Options
    @ObiFett

Source is 3xblack, green, red, 2xblue.

• Options
    End round?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    End round?

Yeah, it saves us a Volkare turn.

• Options
    End Round

• Options
    @admanb

I'm gonna need you to reveal Volkare's Army on my turn unless I have a much better idea before then.

• Options
    Volkare flips a blue and moves one space closer.

From what I've read I don't think Volkare's army is revealed until he's engaged in battle.

The Board

Volkare - 10 deck, 28 discard.
    Goldyx (Auralynx) - 8 hand, 3 deck.
    Wolfhawk (Kirindal) - 7 hand, 0 deck.
    Norowas (jakobagger) - 9 hand, 8 deck.
    Krang (ObiFett) - 3 hand, 0 deck.

Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

Actions
    @Auralynx to play.