Options

Edwardian Fashion [Chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    RAARRRRRR BIG NUMBERS

CONFUSE AND ANGER ME

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    op is T H U G

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sometimes we hear about some culture that can't count above three like it's some kind of cute noble savage thing

Personally, I'm not convinced that most people in our own culture can count above three

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    RAARRRRRR BIG NUMBERS

CONFUSE AND ANGER ME

SOME PEOPLE DONT BELIEVE THAT THE EARTH IS ONLY 6000 YEARS OLD

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    this next election is gonna be weird do i vote for my old cranky hippie grandad or my no nonsense businesswoman grandma

Are they your granddad and grandma from opposite sides of your family, or is one (both?) of your parents their live child?

Also you should consider Lincoln Chafee so we can finally metrify. He has a real shot of winning all five decastates in the primary if people clap their hands and believe in him.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Also, now I need to create a "just noble savage things" meme

Feral on

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Hm.

Didn't notice that AC/WritersBlock got yanked out into it's own category.

Neat.

THREADS: 12

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I also have very uncharitable things to say about science literacy, even among people who ostensibly claim to, oh just for the sake of argument pulling a completely random example out of thin air, fucking love science

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    this next election is gonna be weird do i vote for my old cranky hippie grandad or my no nonsense businesswoman grandma

cranky hippie granddad

• Options

Are they your granddad and grandma from opposite sides of your family, or is one (both?) of your parents their live child?

Also you should consider Lincoln Chafee so we can finally metrify. He has a real shot of winning all five decastates in the primary if people clap their hands and believe in him.

feel the bern

feel the chafe

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

cranky hippie granddad

but i can also see the merits of business grandma!

• Options
    hippie granddad and business grandma

they fight crime!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I also have very uncharitable things to say about science literacy, even among people who ostensibly claim to, oh just for the sake of argument pulling a completely random example out of thin air, fucking love science

lol, I see your facebook posts Feral

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

Facebook makes dumb people more talkative

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    in other news i totally identified two wasps as sphecid wasps and the taxonomy professor was like "no those aren't spechids" and I was like "how the hell ARENT they" and he took another look and I was right

@bugboy

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

I assure you it's not facebook making them more talkative.

it's just that they've entered your social circle and won't shut up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So iirc this isn't commonly the case, but what is the likelihood that Hillary would put Sanders on her ticket and vice versa?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I think one of the things I've really taken home from my experiences with crowdfunding is that large numbers make some people furious

clearly winky any money people are giving you would have gone to me instead

what were those incredible dunces thinking

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVyFio8gw4

Talk about "black hat" UI design.

i was really interested in this

but then it was a powerpoint

and then the volume was too low.

It's super low. I had to turn it up.

That said, how else would you do a presentation about UI design other than a PPT? Possibly video, but one would be hard pressed to justify it vs. a PPT with video elements as necessary.

Related : Honestly, every presentation at a conference or the like that would include any sort of demonstration element, as awe inspiring as those are, really should have a backup pre-recorded segment in case it blows up despite testing it 5 minutes prior.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    So iirc this isn't commonly the case, but what is the likelihood that Hillary would put Sanders on her ticket and vice versa?

very low

i would love to see Hillary/Sanders though

I would love that

• Options

feel the bern

feel the chafe

feel the hill

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Sometimes we hear about some culture that can't count above three like it's some kind of cute noble savage thing

Personally, I'm not convinced that most people in our own culture can count above three

If there's one thing that facebook has enabled, it's comprehensive proof that we've got no room to feel superior to the previous unwashed illiterate hordes of peasantry.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

totally 99.9998% not happening, for the same reason a clinton/obama ticket was never a possibility.

Julian Castro is a possibility.

Bill Clinton would be technically legal, and fucking awesome.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hmm. My right foot Achilles tendon is sore. Swole people: What do?

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

I assure you it's not facebook making them more talkative.

it's just that they've entered your social circle and won't shut up.

That and they feel like they have a soap box to be able to get up on when they want.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

totally 99.9998% not happening, for the same reason a clinton/obama ticket was never a possibility.

holy fuck i hadn't thought of that

either way i want it

Sanders/Clinton

or

Clinton/Clinton

• Options
    I would vote for either of those so hard and not even look back

• Options

Putting Bill on a ticket would be a huge salt mine for the GOP, I can't imagine anyone risking that.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

I don't think he would be, isn't one of the requirements for VP that you are allowed to be President should you need to?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

My friend showed me this yesterday it looks super neat

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I don't think he would be, isn't one of the requirements for VP that you are allowed to be President should you need to?

There's nothing saying you can't be President for more than two terms, you just can't get elected for more than two terms I think.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also matt, the difference:

automatic dual-zone climate control
    overhead console for/sunglasses holder
    upgraded 9-speaker surround sound
    leatherette interior
    navigation
    power moonroof
    6-way power driver's seat
    heated front seats

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

nope - the requirements for the VP and the president office are separated.

What he could not do is run for reelection. But he could hold the office should she no longer be able to do so until the next election.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    what am i doing, i should be spending my free/slack time preparing for fantasy football drafts

When is our draft?
    dunno

@elki can we kick out the people that routinely quit participating about 3 weeks in and put in some new blood? I guess you can be the exception.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Vice president has to be constitutionally eligible to be president. Bill Clinton is not constitutionally eligible to be president.

Also, very little chance at president and VP being from the same state. Electors from a given state cannot cast both ballots for a candidate from that same state. Both Clintons running means New York's electoral votes would be wasted in the VP race.

• Options
    oh by the way feral now that i've got you on the line....

i shouldn't have looked! I shouldn't have looked at the new duel decks! I shouldn't have looked at the new eldrazi cards!

WHY DID I DO THIS

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    also matt, the difference:

automatic dual-zone climate control
    overhead console for/sunglasses holder
    upgraded 9-speaker surround sound
    leatherette interior
    navigation
    power moonroof
    6-way power driver's seat
    heated front seats

the dual-zone climate control and the sunglasses holder are dumb. Dual zone is a lie and the sunglasses holder is too small for a lot of glasses.

The rest of the features are nice.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bill being the VP would be like Biden on crack.

I want this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    RAARRRRRR BIG NUMBERS

CONFUSE AND ANGER ME

e^727.95133

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.