As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reggie Chats

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Wandering ONE OF US ONE OF US

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I saw reggie watts perform in a large tent once

it was p lit

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @syndalis holy moly I got an uber pool to JFK for 30 dollars

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    In three minutes, live from PAX Main Theatre and Hydra Theatre~

Dragon Age: Past, Present, and Future:

FINAL FANTASY XV Active Time Report LIVE!:

Chats moderated in part by yours truly.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    This was the first time I had ever been called upon to create [chat] or even be the back-up creator. I panicked and did get something ready in time, but I am not disappointed. Reggie Watts is a very suitable OP, and now everybody will know whether or not they fuckin'.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Didn't want to lose this post because it took a long time to write heh :p

If it's a series without a continuous protagonist, like DA, I like to have protags be pretty different from each other, although I like having thematic similarities. Though when I was originally playing DA:O I mostly had elf wardens heh. My canon DA universes are (spoilers for end of game stuff from all three games)
    One (Righteous Playthrough):
    • Lady Dalish elf converted to Andrastian faith (very serious personality) romanced Alistair but made him king and didn't become consort, looked sort of severe and buff, was a dual wielding warrior, killed the Architect
    • Very dark male 2-handed warrior Hawke, romanced Anders, sided with templars kind of accidentally, kind of a goody-goody two shoes, told Anders to leave
    • Lady Dalish inquisitor (it's my "debby downer" elf, yes), very Fuck You Shem attitude at least at first, got help from the mages, sarcastic but increasingly harsh as the game goes on, sided with Celine, romanced Solas, 2-handed warrior, hardened Leliana and made Cassandra divine

Two (The Lady Playthrough):
    • Lady Elf mage, super lighthearted and sarcastic, when I draw her she's sort of warm brown tones, romanced the fuck out of Zevran (fuck you Alistair), made Anora queen so Alistair could stay a warden, asked for new lands for the Dalish at thend end of the game, sided with the Architect
    • Lady Hawke dual wielding rogue, redheaded spitfire, sarcastic/humorous options mostly, romanced Fenris though she did sleep with Isabella at some point I think, sided with Mages and told Sebastian to go fuck himself essentially, told Anders she would have helped him
    • Lady Qunari mage inquisitor, sort of gruff and funny and sweet, romanced Josephine (beautiful cinnamon roll too good, too pure), got help from the templars, sided with Celine, helped Leliana retain her faith and put her as divine
    Three:
    • Human male mage, romanced Zevran, sort of calm and gentle personality, tried to keep pretty in the middle in the whole mage/templar stuff and made Alistair and Anora get married at the end (after hardening Alistair), was sort of Indian looking
    • Black lady Hawke mage, romanced Isabella (fave DA2 romance), sided with the mages, didn't kill Anders but told him to leave after the final fight, huge mix of conversation options, didn't even recruit Sebastian, was besties with Merrill
    • Vaguely southeast-Asian looking Male Dalish Inquisitor, bow-wielding rogue, sort of bubbly and confident, sided with the mages - not actually done with this playthrough but I'm super torn between romancing Bull or Dorian. Gets on well with Vivienne.

I think I like to have different looking protagonists because eventually I'm probably gonna draw these folks, and drawing the same person over and over is way boring

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Pro-tip: If you fuckin', then you're probably fuckin'.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Pro-tip: If you fuckin', then you're probably fuckin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7muPjevik

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I and I be fuckin'

• Options
  • Options
    it's like a Colombian Sauna around me right now

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Waiting for ff15 panel to hilariously dissappoint

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    btw BC when you get people like that in your League games the best option is just to mute and report them. It's not "letting them win" when their efforts are entirely to unsettle/unnerve you and unlike in real life you have the capability to completely shut them out. They will get what's coming to them if they continue that behavior, and there's no need for you to expose yourself to them out of some idea that you have to face their verbal abuse with bravado.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Didn't want to lose this post because it took a long time to write heh :p

If it's a series without a continuous protagonist, like DA, I like to have protags be pretty different from each other, although I like having thematic similarities. Though when I was originally playing DA:O I mostly had elf wardens heh. My canon DA universes are (spoilers for end of game stuff from all three games)
    One (Righteous Playthrough):
    • Lady Dalish elf converted to Andrastian faith (very serious personality) romanced Alistair but made him king and didn't become consort, looked sort of severe and buff, was a dual wielding warrior, killed the Architect
    • Very dark male 2-handed warrior Hawke, romanced Anders, sided with templars kind of accidentally, kind of a goody-goody two shoes, told Anders to leave
    • Lady Dalish inquisitor (it's my "debby downer" elf, yes), very Fuck You Shem attitude at least at first, got help from the mages, sarcastic but increasingly harsh as the game goes on, sided with Celine, romanced Solas, 2-handed warrior, hardened Leliana and made Cassandra divine

Two (The Lady Playthrough):
    • Lady Elf mage, super lighthearted and sarcastic, when I draw her she's sort of warm brown tones, romanced the fuck out of Zevran (fuck you Alistair), made Anora queen so Alistair could stay a warden, asked for new lands for the Dalish at thend end of the game, sided with the Architect
    • Lady Hawke dual wielding rogue, redheaded spitfire, sarcastic/humorous options mostly, romanced Fenris though she did sleep with Isabella at some point I think, sided with Mages and told Sebastian to go fuck himself essentially, told Anders she would have helped him
    • Lady Qunari mage inquisitor, sort of gruff and funny and sweet, romanced Josephine (beautiful cinnamon roll too good, too pure), got help from the templars, sided with Celine, helped Leliana retain her faith and put her as divine
    Three:
    • Human male mage, romanced Zevran, sort of calm and gentle personality, tried to keep pretty in the middle in the whole mage/templar stuff and made Alistair and Anora get married at the end (after hardening Alistair), was sort of Indian looking
    • Black lady Hawke mage, romanced Isabella (fave DA2 romance), sided with the mages, didn't kill Anders but told him to leave after the final fight, huge mix of conversation options, didn't even recruit Sebastian, was besties with Merrill
    • Vaguely southeast-Asian looking Male Dalish Inquisitor, bow-wielding rogue, sort of bubbly and confident, sided with the mages - not actually done with this playthrough but I'm super torn between romancing Bull or Dorian. Gets on well with Vivienne.

I think I like to have different looking protagonists because eventually I'm probably gonna draw these folks, and drawing the same person over and over is way boring

If a game series won't let me continue my characters appearance (DA was particularly bad for this) then I just make a handsome dude within the limitations of the game. My DA mans all looked quite different, although like most people in DA2 I found that my custom male Hawke wound up looking like Ben Affleck.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    btw BC when you get people like that in your League games the best option is just to mute and report them. It's not "letting them win" when their efforts are entirely to unsettle/unnerve you and unlike in real life you have the capability to completely shut them out. They will get what's coming to them if they continue that behavior, and there's no need for you to expose yourself to them out of some idea that you have to face their verbal abuse with bravado.

oh I didn't know I could mute people! Though ofc I reported and blocked them after the game

• Options
    oh goddamn I have one of those underarm cysts I get

*winces every time I have to use my left arm*

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Devilstick_combination.jpeg

• Options
    if you bring up the scoreboard there should be a button that you can hit to mute them, or there should be. /mute also works iirc

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    oh goddamn I have one of those underarm cysts I get

*winces every time I have to use my left arm*

:(

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    What's bravado? Can I eat it and then run away without paying?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kids these days
    in my day we endured 10 hours of verbal abuse a day and we liked it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    If I ever had to make chat, I would be too late and the backup would do it. :(

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i called the police today over a bro on the freeway. first time doing that. hard to shake that snitch culture but that kid is gonna end up killing someone :6

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    So with uber I paid half of what I would have for a yellow cab for a car to come to my building and pick me up

So it was far cheaper and far better service

The yellow cabs are doomed

• Options
    saying "cringe" now merits a ban on my twitch chats

cause seriously what a toxic impulse; to mock anyone is isn't your preconceived cynical asshole notion of cool

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    kids these days

i got yer verbal abuse rite here u nerd

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kids these days

harder

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    narcos ep1 p good

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    So with uber I paid half of what I would have for a yellow cab for a car to come to my building and pick me up

So it was far cheaper and far better service

The yellow cabs are doomed

but but but they're not complying with regulations ugh mannnnnn

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    In my day I was super abusive when I got in fights. Oh, I'd get beaten up. But I would never shut up, and I was a sadist.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I said some super dickish things as a kid

But the only really truly probably not-ok thing I recall having said also magically got this guy who'd been a dick for years off my back forever, so like

I have trouble feeling too bad about that

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    My thing about videogames is that I often find them kind of ugly. They got an uncanny valley Robert Zemeckis type thing going on that I don't dig at all. I know you lot are way into the whole videogame thing and may disagree but like I watched a video from one of the Mass Effects the other day and all the people looked like this:

vFXv5CQ.jpg?1

and I was like ahhh ickkk

I mean okay that image is a very cherry picked example and also I'm not saying those types of graphics are necessarily a deal breaker - I played through Heavy Rain, in spite of the people looking like that, and enjoyed it. And I'd probably play the heck out of Mass Effect and Dragon Age if they came out with a story/dialogue-only version that didn't have all the RPG type stuff.

But still I wish less videogames tended to look like that and more looked like this:

1qUFZUz.jpg?1

Ofq8WP4.jpg

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i called the police today over a bro on the freeway. first time doing that. hard to shake that snitch culture but that kid is gonna end up killing someone :6

What happened?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    like on one hand there were all kinds of issues with insurance for drivers and CDL liscences and whatnot

and they seem to have more or less resolved all of that, while the Yellow Cab model of making you pay way too much to ride in a shitty cab just keeps on trucking on the back of a corrupt medallion system

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Not happy with my work at all. :(

21stCentury on
  • Options
    tehehehe

o3H7qoE.png

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »

What happened?

speeding dramatically, not maintaining his lane well at all- almost sideswiped me. we got up to a red light and the driver was extremely young (certainly under 18, i wouldn't be surprised if he was too young to be licensed). he also had a puppy in his lap that he was playing with.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    kids these days

The idea that muting someone is "letting them win" is propagated by trolls who hope you won't mute them.

Let me ask you this? What does it cost you to mute someone?

Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. It's free and there is literally no downside at all.

Since you give up nothing, it is impossible to "lose" by ignoring someone.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I literally had a nightmare about twitch chat last night.

This discussion has been closed.