As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Schwarzenegger Appreciation Thread NSF56K OR GIRLY MEN

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I genuinely was surprised to find out Ak47s had like 30 bullets per clip.

Saw someone firing a real one once and it was like 4 seconds of burst fire then change mags.

I was like, what... these things last for minutes dont they?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    FishMistFishMist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FishMist wrote: »
    The first movie I vividly remember seeing in theaters was Jurassic Park.

Why you young whippersnapper

I barely remember my childhood, really.

I was about 9 then. 23 now.

I was either 19 or 20 when I saw that movie in the cinema.

FishMist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blue tapeblue tape Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

Back when they still called it the cinema?

blue tape on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    blue tape wrote: »

Back when they still had cinema?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    blue tape wrote: »

Back when they still called it the cinema?

Hey cinema is still a hip word used by the youth of today! In Australia...I think.

man I really am getting old

FishMist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Anway what was with that 4-barrelled rocket launcher anyway. Was it based on a real weapon in any way? Or did the producers just go "ARNOLD CANNOT DESTROY WITH A PUNY PEASHOOTER MORE BARRELS ONE IS NOT ENOUGH MAKE IT BIGGER OH GOD YES I'M NEARLY THERE"?

FishMist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    No no, it's a hip word.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anway what was with that 4-barrelled rocket launcher anyway. Was it based on a real weapon in any way? Or did the producers just go "ARNOLD CANNOT DESTROY WITH A PUNY PEASHOOTER MORE BARRELS ONE IS NOT ENOUGH MAKE IT BIGGER OH GOD YES I'M NEARLY THERE"?

Surprisingly it's actually a real fucking weapon.

Meet, the M202A1 Flame Assault Shoulder Weapon (F.L.A.S.H)

info contained below:
    DESCRIPTION
    The M202A1 multishot rocket launcher (Flash) is a lightweight, reusable, four-tube rocket launcher. It is half as heavy as the M9A1-7 and M2A1-7 portable flamethrowers, has five times the range against point targets, and requires less servicing and maintenance.

The Flash can be used in both an offensive and defensive role because it is lightweight, has an extended range, and has a minimal maintenance requirement. Due to the weapon's accuracy and the trajectory of the rocket, it can get into areas and enclosures which other weapons cannot enter. It can produce personnel casualties in bunkers, buildings, and covered or open foxholes, as well as damage unarmored vehicles and destroy combustible supplies, ammunition, and materiel.

The M202A1 produces a psychological effect -- the brilliant splash of the bursting warhead makes it an excellent weapon to suppress RPG and Sagger missile firing sites and when fired near armored vehicles, will normally make the crew button-up.

The Flash may be employed like other direct fire weapons with the assault element or with a supporting element as a supporting or covering weapon. The M74 rocket is normally employed by infantry elements in the assault for the same purpose as flamethrowers; however, targets can be engaged at a greater range and with greater accuracy with this weapon than with the portable flamethrowers. Thus, the M202A1 gunner is less vulnerable to enemy fire than flamethrower operators.

LINKY: http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/flame/M202.html

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I can't believe that thing is real, holy shit.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I think everyone secretly wants a collection of Christmas Songs sung by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My friend can do a pretty good impression of Arnold, and supposedly once he performed all of Bohemian Rhapsody in such a manner.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm shocked at you all. No one even recognizes the western Arnold. NO ONE. None of you are Arnold fans! NONE. Call my bluff.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SoulGate wrote: »
    I'm shocked at you all. No one even recognizes the western Arnold. NO ONE. None of you are Arnold fans! NONE. Call my bluff.

Look, the Handsome Stranger is awesome.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SoulGate wrote: »

I've seen it
    It's really not that good

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Jurassic Park was the first movie I ever saw, followed by Terminator 2.

Fuck Disney movies...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    t2 and true lies are probably his highest-quality movies

but commando is the best hands down

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    preach on, Ori.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I had to pick one movie, I'd probably go with Conan the Barbarian
    or Kindergarten Cop

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You'd pick wrong.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Maybe Predator

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Still wrong.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Around the World in 80 Days?

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Close.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Dr. Doolittle 2?

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Okay now you're just being silly.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd just like to make it known that i watch Predator something like once a month. Every month. It is quite possibly the most perfect and watchable movie of all time. Best quotes ever, ridiculously high ratio of badasses present, and motherfucking Ol' Painless.

The best line to paraphrase...i use it on my wife all the time. "You [insert infraction here] one more time, i'll bleed ya. Real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"

I was actually just talking to a friend of mine this past weekend how i was gonna make that arm clasp screencap in the OP into a t-shirt, that just says "Dillon you son of a bitch!" under it. He said that not very many people would get it these days and i was all "Nonsense, everyone loves Predator!".

Now i realize after reading this thread that i'm going to be inundated with fifteen year olds that don't know about good movies going "Dude, isn't that shirt from Over the Top?". Jesus.

Also, for the record. Top 5 Hollywood badasses. Ever.

Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Clint Eastwood
    Charles Bronson
    Sylvester Stallone
    Bruce Willis

This is the B-Team:

Danny Trejo
    Jason Statham
    Kurt Russell
    Carl Weathers
    Samuel L. Jackson

That is all. Jean Reno? Far as i can tell, he made a movie where he taught a little girl to shoot a rifle. Most of it wasn't even very good. It was basically two hours of why you shouldn't take on a little girl sidekick, if you're an assassin. Apologies if he's made a better movie than The Professional, but i haven't seen it. Anyway, he's french. Sorry, but automatic DQ.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    The only problem with Predator is that you could basically cut out the first half of the movie and not miss anything good.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    I'd just like to make it known that i watch Predator something like once a month. Every month. It is quite possibly the most perfect and watchable movie of all time. Best quotes ever, ridiculously high ratio of badasses present, and motherfucking Ol' Painless.

The best line to paraphrase...i use it on my wife all the time. "You [insert infraction here] one more time, i'll bleed ya. Real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?"

I was actually just talking to a friend of mine this past weekend how i was gonna make that arm clasp screencap in the OP into a t-shirt, that just says "Dillon you son of a bitch!" under it. He said that not very many people would get it these days and i was all "Nonsense, everyone loves Predator!".

Now i realize after reading this thread that i'm going to be inundated with fifteen year olds that don't know about good movies going "Dude, isn't that shirt from Over the Top?". Jesus.

Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Clint Eastwood
    Charles Bronson
    Sylvester Stallone
    Bruce Willis

This is the B-Team:

Danny Trejo
    Jason Statham
    Kurt Russell
    Carl Weathers
    Samuel L. Jackson

That is all. Jean Reno? Far as i can tell, he made a movie where he taught a little girl to be awesome. Most of it was awesome. It was basically two hours of why you should take a girl as a side kick because she can show you how to really live, if you're an assassin. Apologies if he's made a better movie than The Professional, but i haven't seen it. Anyway, he's french. Sorry, probably more awesome than me.

Any body have the evoryone.gif?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    The only problem with Predator is that you could basically cut out the first half of the movie and not miss anything good.

Except the best helicopter ride ever committed to film. And Ol' Painless. Part One.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    "Stick Around"
    "So you cooked up a story and dropped us into a meat grinder"
    "Looks like you've been pushing too many pencils"

All neccesary

BusterK on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    BusterK wrote: »
    "Stick Around"

All neccesary

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

I ain't got time to bleed.

Billy: I'm scared Poncho.
    Poncho: Bullshit. You ain't afraid of no man.
    Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zonugal wrote: »
    "Stick Around"

All neccesary

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Truly, one of the greatest lines ever.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The thing is, every one of those characters in his squad is a fucking badass. Even the tech dude with glasses has that badass grenade launcher. Then you have your native american indian fucking psycho tracker who cuts himself with a machete...

Come to think of it, they're all essentially GI Joes.

I don't care though, they are so rad.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »

Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Clint Eastwood
    Charles Bronson
    Sylvester Stallone
    Bruce Willis

This is the B-Team:

Danny Trejo
    Jason Statham
    Kurt Russell
    Carl Weathers
    Samuel L. Jackson

That is all. Jean Reno? Far as i can tell, he made a movie where he taught a little girl to shoot a rifle. Most of it wasn't even very good. It was basically two hours of why you shouldn't take on a little girl sidekick, if you're an assassin. Apologies if he's made a better movie than The Professional, but i haven't seen it. Anyway, he's french. Sorry, but automatic DQ.

he also single handedly took on the entire police force

Leon was such a great movie

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    "Bring me everyone".

"What do you mean Everyone?"
    everyone.gif

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hamju wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    "Stick Around"

All neccesary

Truly, one of the greatest lines ever.

blaine had a mustache to die for

Nuzak on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    altmann wrote: »
    "Bring me everyone".

everyone.gif

Yes yes yes yes yes yes

Seriously, it's such a realistic movie in the sense that he's a guy with some guns, but once they escalate, it is hell.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    "Bring me everyone".

everyone.gif

<3

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The thing is, every one of those characters in his squad is a fucking badass. Even the tech dude with glasses has that badass grenade launcher. Then you have your native american indian fucking psycho tracker who cuts himself with a machete...

Come to think of it, they're all essentially GI Joes.

I don't care though, they are so rad.

I know I should feel that Arnold or even Jesse is the most Badass in the film but I always have to go with Billy.

Everything he does in the film is super-badass.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Except for die screaming like a bitch. But props to him for making a stand.

CyberJackal on