Options

Once Upon A Time In The [Chat]

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    When you're the Dr. Mengele of the crustacean world, a little video game violence isn't going to faze you.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Shivahn wrote: »
    One of the Spec Ops tips that plays under the reloading screen:
    "You are still a good person."

lets make you do bad shit in sequences where your choices are to do the thing or close the game then well try to make you feel guilty up until the end
    where we break the fourth wall and just flat out start insulting you directly because we really didn't want to make a military shooter

5edgy7me

override367 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    The music in this video is ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/XVfOe5mFbAE

I think my heart rate increased.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Watching this Jupiter Ascending show.

More movies needs zero gravity orgies imo.

And this movie wasn't popular?

it's a really bad movie

They gave Channing Tatum silly elf ears.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Watching this Jupiter Ascending show.

More movies needs zero gravity orgies imo.

And this movie wasn't popular?

it's a really bad movie

I've seen the first half, it was bad - but not as bad as I heard. I was expecting Avatar: TLA shittiness and got mediocrity. I love the setting, they need to reboot this puppy on Netflix with severe tweaking. The space cops are awesome.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    Parks and Rec is incredible, more comedies should be like it in both structure and tone

sometimes I get irritated at how incredibly vestigial the mockumentary conceit feels

like, they never even pay lip service to the idea that these people are being followed around by cameras. which in a way is good, because the cameras do things that would be impossible if it were a doc (ie, they knock on someone's door and then we cut to a shot from inside the house as the owner opens the door) but they still have the talking heads and people shooting significant looks at the camera and part of me is like WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT

the us office did this too as its seasons went on and it's like bros if you just want to make a regular tv show that's fine you can do that

i liked that thew new muppets comments on this

but this is a minor quibble and i basically love parks and rec. it might be remembered in 30 years as the last great network sitcom. i have a hard time thinking of other contenders

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    So, is there a brackish water saline level that would allow you to have a lobster fight a large number of crawfish?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    like, you know, for science.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

It is a pretty neat piece of tech.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    That is a neat hinge.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Deebs brunching thoughts posted.

Whats with these short 1 hour all you can drinks? NYC please.

Brunch has become a thing. People are not willing to spend more than $39 for unlimited boozey and restaurants want to flip tables while providing a lackluster experience.

We have some generous spots in queens that can accommodate large groups easily. One in particular let us go near three hours last time.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    oh my god ogre druids in Pillars are the most bullshit enemy not only in that game but a contender for most bullshit enemy of all time

right up there with medusa heads

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It genuinely looks really cool but that music and the embellishment of the mechanics made me laugh out loud. In a good way, it's a well done video.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Nexus would rather chop off his dick than go to queens tho

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    YAY ROCK BAND 4 IS FINALLY HERE

*opens box*

FUCK ME I WAS SENT THE XBOX ONE VERSION

I gather that you perhaps do not in fact own an Xbox One?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    These cheese curds just taste like cheese.

they taste like curds

ie the best part of the cheese

Usually, yes. But this batch is less good than normal.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh no I just dropped them on this dirty ass floor!! ;-;

Neco on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    civ4 positively emanated an early 2000s cosmopolitan sensibility with regard to religion and the environment

I dunno about civ5

Civ 4 they tried to address it and came up with "well religion does stuff but they are all identical".

That's not historically accurate or even interesting. People told them so.

Civ 5 religion vanished again.

I understand completely why that is, if I were a reviewer I might comment on how that weakens the historical underpinnings of the game. And then I'd note that there is simply no way they could do it without major controversy so its absence is understandable, and I wouldn't rank them down for it.

Was there backlash over religion in Civ 4?

If there was any backlash it had to have been "you made it boring".

I mean.

They were all the same. It was a very unimaginative implementation.

• Options
    my nephew lives in the living room because he was too lazy after moving in to move into his bedroom and he hasn't done a single dish since we moved in

I came home from my mom's yesterday and he has a friend over and there is literal garbage all over the floor and dishes in the sink and on the floor and his friend has consumed all of my soda

idk what to do about this

I loaded the dishwasher and gathered the trash up because I don't want to live in a biohazard area but ugh

I really gotta get a job so he can't rub the employment status in my face "well im busy I work all the time"

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

Brunch has become a thing. People are not willing to spend more than $39 for unlimited boozey and restaurants want to flip tables while providing a lackluster experience.

We have some generous spots in queens that can accommodate large groups easily. One in particular let us go near three hours last time.

What is that place called again? They are kinda awesome. My booze cup wasn't empty the whole time.

assuming it is the place I am thinking of, which is the only brunch place I have done in queens with you.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Parks and Rec is incredible, more comedies should be like it in both structure and tone

sometimes I get irritated at how incredibly vestigial the mockumentary conceit feels

like, they never even pay lip service to the idea that these people are being followed around by cameras. which in a way is good, because the cameras do things that would be impossible if it were a doc (ie, they knock on someone's door and then we cut to a shot from inside the house as the owner opens the door) but they still have the talking heads and people shooting significant looks at the camera and part of me is like WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT

the us office did this too as its seasons went on and it's like bros if you just want to make a regular tv show that's fine you can do that

but this is a minor quibble and i basically love parks and rec. it might be remembered in 30 years as the last great network sitcom. i have a hard time thinking of other contenders

because talking heads and significant camera looks are great

they don't need the conceit there are actual cameras there at all

I don't think they ever actually explicitly described it as such

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Seal wrote: »
    That is a neat hinge.

I'd it it.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

Trailer park boys is best mockumentary.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    oh my god ogre druids in Pillars are the most bullshit enemy not only in that game but a contender for most bullshit enemy of all time

I used a slip and slide to beat them but they nerfed the fuck out of those spells iirc so

good luck

• Options

that's not real brunch

god new york

lrn 2 brunch

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Jupiter Ascending was great.

Haters can go watch something else.

I see the appeal. Then again I liked John Carter of Mars so

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I haven't seen Jupiter Ascending but I have to respect that they got an actual alien to play the king of the aliens.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

Dude NYC needs to step it up.

I can spend $35 bucks for a full 2 hour all you can drink brunch with 3 courses of awesome food in DC.

Lavagna is good. It is 90 minutes and by that they mean like 100 to 110 minuteish. And usually you get about 5 giant glasses worth of mimosa. They added triple sec. You feel this shit.

Central is a damn fancy place. They upped the price by 2 bucks but holy shit 3 courses and tons of booze.

Meze in Adams Morgan is the best though. Lots of booze, mind lowing tapas style food and 2 hours of all you can eat. I love it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Pillars has terrible gameplay in general.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Whoa! Harsh words for the haters!

• Options
    Jupiter Ascending is a hot mess that I have a lot of fondness for

• Options
    the only acceptable brunch drinks are mimosas and bloody marys

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I see the appeal. Then again I liked John Carter of Mars so

The jumping bean movie?

Ehhh.

• Options
    Best part of Lavagna is you stumble out into Eastern Market. Then stumble down the Beucherts and have some damn delicious fancy cocktails in their little private patio/garden in the back.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

It is a pretty neat piece of tech.

I want it I want it I want it

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah!

Found out Bill Burr is performing in Chicago later this month. Tried to get tickets, but they were sold out for Thursday, which is the only day I can go.

Looked around the ticket resale sites, everything was like $120/ticket.

Then I went to Ticketmaster's official resale site and there was a pair of tickets for totally sweet box seats for $65 each.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I haven't seen Jupiter Ascending but I have to respect that they got an actual alien to play the king of the aliens.

He's human in the movie.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    A coworker informed me that I remind him of the Joker from Gotham. Ive never seen the show but I will go ahead and take that as a compliment.

Neco on
  • Options
    Best part of Lasagna is you stumble out into Eastern Market. Then stumble down the Beucherts and have some damn delicious fancy cocktails in their little private patio/garden in the back. the ricotta cheese.

This discussion has been closed.