Options

Once Upon A Time In The [Chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I liked john carter of mars despite all its flaws, too

jupiter ascending was just... super bad as a movie so I suffered through bad bits to go "mmm... nice" at the CGI/mrs kunis

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I really wish any of these fucking jobs would email if they're not going to hire me

fuck's sake they're all university jobs and they can't be courteous enough to do that

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    omfg i just went to seat view and i got the section number and row number confused these are literally the shittiest possible seats oh no what have i done fuuuuuuuuuuck

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    A coworker informed me that I remind him of the Joker from Gotham. Ive never seen the show but I will go ahead and take that as a compliment.

You should show them your pencil trick.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Nexus would rather chop off his dick than go to queens tho

dude seriously we have too many people for queens

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    though granted we probably have too many people for manhattan either

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

you'll always be a queen in my book

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    You all should do a thing in December. Because I am coming up to visit and I'm not going to be going to pax east.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Watching this Jupiter Ascending show.

More movies needs zero gravity orgies imo.
    Also more pansexual psychic orgies

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Deebs brunching thoughts posted.

Whats with these short 1 hour all you can drinks? NYC please.

Brunch has become a thing. People are not willing to spend more than $39 for unlimited boozey and restaurants want to flip tables while providing a lackluster experience.

We have some generous spots in queens that can accommodate large groups easily. One in particular let us go near three hours last time.

What is that place called again? They are kinda awesome. My booze cup wasn't empty the whole time.

assuming it is the place I am thinking of, which is the only brunch place I have done in queens with you.

we've done two brunches acculy.

for thechu-ening we did mojave.
    http://www.mojaveny.com/

the smaller brunch we did shortly before you skipped town at shady lady
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-shady-lady-astoria

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The music in this video is ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/XVfOe5mFbAE

I think my heart rate increased.

I swear to god I've heard that track before

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    A coworker informed me that I remind him of the Joker from Gotham. Ive never seen the show but I will go ahead and take that as a compliment.

You should show them your pencil trick.

It's, ah, it's gone!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    There's an orgy in Jupiter Ascending too? Jesus fucking Christ Wachowskis.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Not really

there's some people in swimsuits floating around in a provocative manner as an assistant enters a room

• Options
    I think it was played during the Samsung livestream

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I dunno how many people we're rolling with, but yeah, it's going to require a reservation. there are a few places in queens that can handle the load. there are also some in manhattan

• Options
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    First of all, Channing Tatum is always hot. I don't think it's possible to make him look bad, because he can pull off even the dorkiest outfits.

Secondly, his make-up in JA was pretty cool and I do not get the hate that was heaped upon it.
    Channing-Tatum-Jupiter-Ascending-still.jpg
    Yes, the problem here is totally that Channing Tatum isn't super hot. :roll:

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    civ4 positively emanated an early 2000s cosmopolitan sensibility with regard to religion and the environment

I dunno about civ5

Civ 5 actually has a pretty good take on it I feel.

When you create your religion, you can pick what perks it gives cities that have them, so of the best perks being ones that occur based on number of cities/people that follow your religion, i.e. gold per follower.

Which gives you, the player, an incentive to spread your religion to other Civilizations, and stomp out theirs whereever you find them in pursuit of gold.

And then bribe/bully others to vote your religion as the world religion.

In the game I'm currently playing, I'm carefully balancing my open border treaties and trade routes to spread my religion to weaker Civs, while trying to contain the spread from more powerful ones (also managed to piss of China by mass-converting their cities)

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Basically I will fight everyone about Jupiter Ascending. Virtually all of you have liked strange movies before, and some of you like anime.

You are not on solid ground here!

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I have cleaned my home.

Everything feels good now.

:+1:

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Basically I will fight everyone about Jupiter Ascending. Virtually all of you have liked strange movies before, and some of you like anime.

You are not on solid ground here!

it's ok to like bad things. im marathoning the last ship on my weekday commute
    USA
    USA
    USA

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I liked john carter of mars despite all its flaws, too

jupiter ascending was just... super bad as a movie so I suffered through bad bits to go "mmm... nice" at the CGI/mrs kunis

Can't disagree there.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Basically I'm planning on eventually spreading the Truth of Mortism to the rest of the Civ5 world through trade and missionaries, and then raze the cities I can't convert to stop their religion from gaining hold again.

And then I'll be rich.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Ah shit, my mouse's finally gone and bit the dust. It could just be a buildup of static electricity now that freezing temperatures have set in and decreased air moisture, but I'm pretty sure I gotta replace the left microswitch.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Okay, it looks like maybe they aren't so bad.

Still, I thought I was getting the closest box seats, and instead I got the furthest box seats. Laaame.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Not really

there's some people in swimsuits floating around in a provocative manner as an assistant enters a room

what channel is the new Westworld series on? they should have a JA series there. orgies all up ins in that.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    "Huh, Metacritic scores for Prison Architect are all in the 80s, except for one 55/100?"

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/design-punish-review-prison-architect/

Oh. Ohh.

It's a surprisingly good game. And I actually disagree with the main criticism of that article. It doesn't put gameplay ahead of everything else. The game that does that (in exactly the same UI) is Rimworld.

for any thinking person Prison Architect gets very unsettling over time.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    we could go to riverpark but you don't get to drink all the shitty bubbly and oj you want for two hours

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Prison Architect was very bad when I played it, but I think that was when it was in beta. It just wasn't fun, since you either had a functional prison where nothing happened, or an interesting one where you could not actually do anything, monetarily.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    rimworld is prison architect 5000

I wonder if there's any expanded prison mods for rimworld

I already have a pretty swanky prison in my colony (they have a tv room and a dining hall)

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    "Huh, Metacritic scores for Prison Architect are all in the 80s, except for one 55/100?"

Oh. Ohh.

It's a surprisingly good game. And I actually disagree with the main criticism of that article. It doesn't put gameplay ahead of everything else. The game that does that (in exactly the same UI) is Rimworld.

Oh I know it's a good game, I own it (but haven't played it in months due to other stuff popping up), I was just curious what scores it was getting now that it's officially released.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda working through Farscape, on netflix, again.

really pretty amazing costumes. Kinda sort of thinking I need a fur cloak... but it would be, like, 2.5 yards of fabric. And places round up. And I could actually get more than 5 days a year out of a coat. And it seems like it would be difficult to ride a bike with.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Oh. Ohh.

Oh I know it's a good game, I own it (but haven't played it in months due to other stuff popping up), I was just curious what scores it was getting now that it's officially released.

I would have expected more low scores. The game is almost Spec Ops: The Line levels of subverting the usual "player is always right and good" thing.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    T'aint nuthin' wrong wit' a li'l ol' fashioned orgyin' s'far as I'm concerned

wandering on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Why is Duck Dynasty on the PA homepage?

I guess they played one of the games for one of their podcasts or video blogs or something.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Oh. Ohh.

I would have expected more low scores. The game is almost Spec Ops: The Line levels of subverting the usual "player is always right and good" thing.

That seems to be quite the drastic departure from how things were when I was in the beta. Interesting.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The Ender wrote: »
    I have cleaned my home.

Everything feels good now.

:+1:

you should get a hotel room and live out of that so you can maintain that clean house feeling. leave the home pristine, untouched

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Rimworld and Prison Architect are good games for good people

This discussion has been closed.