Options

The [Love] Thread: discussing the major online dating services (OKC, PoF, Match, WoW)

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Other than the married men that would message me on OKC looking for a sidepiece I think one of the weirder messages was from a guy that noticed my interest in history.

It started innocently enough. He asked what era I was more interested in (common question) but before I could respond he sent me multiple messages (I had chat turned off to keep from getting spammed.) The following is a shortened version of the messages I got in my inbox:

History huh? What era do you like the most?
    Because you know I think we're super compatible.
    Like, sexually, you know?
    I think we have a lot in common sexually.
    So I would totally be willing to dress as someone from your favorite era of history.
    For sex.

Whoof, I was wondering where he was going with that for a minute. Thank god he tied it all together with that dress-up line.

Also something about the cadence of your version of it feels almost like horrible poetry.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    looking for a sidepiece

I have never heard this phrase before

it's making me laugh pretty hard

edit: you should have told him "Pre-revolution France" and have him meet you somewhere in white make up, a powdered wig, and white nylons.

Normally I would have considered joking about it, but I just blocked him instead. The frequency of the messages before I could even respond freaked me out a little bit. It was really weird.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    looking for a sidepiece

edit: you should have told him "Pre-revolution France" and have him meet you somewhere in white make up, a powdered wig, and white nylons.

And here I thought you were hip with the kids these days.

...29 huh? suspicious.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Other than the married men that would message me on OKC looking for a sidepiece I think one of the weirder messages was from a guy that noticed my interest in history.

It started innocently enough. He asked what era I was more interested in (common question) but before I could respond he sent me multiple messages (I had chat turned off to keep from getting spammed.) The following is a shortened version of the messages I got in my inbox:

So I would totally be willing to dress as someone from your favorite era of history.
    For sex.

You totally should have told him you were into the cretaceous period. Seen if he'd dress up like a pachycephalosaurus or some shit.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    looking for a sidepiece

Normally I would have considered joking about it, but I just blocked him instead. The frequency of the messages before I could even respond freaked me out a little bit. It was really weird.

Yeah, that happened to me once. I saw someone from the gay men's chorus I was in had changed his profile pic to a really well done one and so I messaged and told him so. Suddenly I had ELEVEN pictures of his dick in my inbox followed instantly by Why haven't you replied? What's wrong with these pictures? Where are you? etc.

It was pretty harrowing and I insta-blocked him. Still nothing close to what women have to deal with tho.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Boy I sure do love history

with my dick

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Boy I sure do love history

with my dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DWBH0B8skc

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    looking for a sidepiece

...29 huh? suspicious.

i'll have you know I've never been hip

that makes me hip

• Options
    looking for a sidepiece

...29 huh? suspicious.

i'll have you know I've never been hip

that makes me hip

You were uncool before it was cool.

• Options
    looking for a sidepiece

Yeah, that happened to me once. I saw someone from the gay men's chorus I was in had changed his profile pic to a really well done one and so I messaged and told him so. Suddenly I had ELEVEN pictures of his dick in my inbox followed instantly by Why haven't you replied? What's wrong with these pictures? Where are you? etc.

It was pretty harrowing and I insta-blocked him. Still nothing close to what women have to deal with tho.

Oh god, something like that happening with a person I already know IRL would be horrifying to me. Because I know I'm gonna see them again.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    looking for a sidepiece

If shit like that happened to me, I'd send them pictures of a dick that obviously wasn't mine. Like a tiger! Or a shrew.

• Options
    I pretty much just walked up to him at next rehearsal and asked "Why did you fill my inbox with your dick?" and he was like "I'm sorry I didn't know it was you!" and so I said "What, I'm suddenly not worth pictures of your tiny cock?" and we never spoke again.

But that's more because the concert was over and he moved to LA.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Man I suddenly feel like I'm failing as a history major for not having had sex with someone dressed as a famous historical figure

• Options

For sex.

Whoof, I was wondering where he was going with that for a minute. Thank god he tied it all together with that dress-up line.

Also something about the cadence of your version of it feels almost like horrible poetry.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Just like my balls
    Unless I get my dick into you

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Man I suddenly feel like I'm failing as a history major for not having had sex with someone dressed as a famous historical figure

I'll put on a Hitler mustache for you baby. I ain't got no safewords.

• Options

It is not too late!

Also your sentence is weirded such as that either party could be dressed as a historical figure, but you may as well shoot the moon and try for both. Maybe a Mary Todd Lincoln and Napoleon Bonaparte?

• Options
    I pretty much just walked up to him at next rehearsal and asked "Why did you fill my inbox with your dick?" and he was like "I'm sorry I didn't know it was you!" and so I said "What, I'm suddenly not worth pictures of your tiny cock?" and we never spoke again.

What is the deal with gay men's choirs? It seems like a weirdly specific hobby group, but most of the gay men I know around here, seems like they are in one at one point or another.

Why singing and not like... rock climbing or something?

Maybe just one of those things.

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    *snip*

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Just like my balls
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Poems are hard
    So is my penis

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I recently got together with an absolutely wonderful girl and I'm so so excited to be with her

She gives me butterflies all the time and it's been so long since that's happened for me. I like her a whooooooole lot, and she's just really amazing and sweet and caring

it's an LDR but we ARE planning to move to the same place eventually (plans were made independently of each other before we started talking!) and I cannot wait for that to actually happen!

Basically @Cilla Black is just the best, is what I'm saying

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
    Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
    Rough winds do... actually, screw this let's just bone now.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

What is the deal with gay men's choirs? It seems like a weirdly specific hobby group, but most of the gay men I know around here, seems like they are in one at one point or another.

Why singing and not like... rock climbing or something?

Maybe just one of those things.

The choir isn't for gay men to be in, it's for the advancement of gay men's issues and it's hard to do that while rock climbing. We'd take anyone as a singer as long as they can sing in a bass, baritone or tenor range.

And I used to rock climb!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So who is two ciders in and feeling like the worst person on earth?

This freakin' guy.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So who is two ciders in and feeling like the worst person on earth?

This freakin' guy.

Talk to us, Juggernut other Juggernut.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The long cold inbox
    Even the extrovert seems to need
    A little someone's love.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Nija wrote: »
    *snip*

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Just like my balls
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Poems are hard
    So is my penis

There once was a dude from Nantucket

Who put his dick pics in a bucket

He gave it a spin

And said, with a grin

When I let this thing go, please don't duck it.

Goatmon on

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Nija wrote: »
    *snip*

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Just like my balls
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Poems are hard
    So is my penis

There once was a dude from Nantucket

Who put his dick pics in a bucket

He gave it a spin

And said, with a grin

When I let this thing go, please don't duck it.

Nantucket man came
    Showered dick pics all over town
    Chased out with pitchforks.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

For sex.
    I guess we just have to imagine the guy having a little helper demon on each shoulder, one who says "hey dude, these ladies just aren't digging it when you flatly ask for sex, try reading some profiles and striking up a conversation" and one who says "sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex" at 220bpm.

• Options
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

please don't post your bedroom talk

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I recently got together with an absolutely wonderful girl and I'm so so excited to be with her

She gives me butterflies all the time and it's been so long since that's happened for me. I like her a whooooooole lot, and she's just really amazing and sweet and caring

it's an LDR but we ARE planning to move to the same place eventually (plans were made independently of each other before we started talking!) and I cannot wait for that to actually happen!

<3

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Spoilered for blargh
    After a pretty big argument this morning, it's just starting to dawn on me that I'm an inherently selfish and emotionally neglectful person far too often.

Like, it must be a good thing that I'm actually realising just how much of an idiot I've been up to this point. But the fact that it took so long sucks so bloody hard.

Holy crap I feel like the worst of the worst right now and the fact that I'm moping in self-pity is making me even more annoyed at myself because it shouldn't be all about me and it's just stupid-ass snowballing all over the place.

• Options
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

Sassori wants more poems
    Sassori's inbox dick pic filled
    Sassori disappointed.

488W936.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Great, now I'm trying to think of quotes about poetry which could definitely absolutely be about boning

Y'know, like
    Poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. :winky:
    A poem begins as a lump in the throat. :winky:
    Poetry is what happens when nothing else can. :winky:

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

Sassori wants more poems
    Sassori disappointed.

Okay wait what if I write a sonnet on my dick first?

• Options
    Spoilered for blargh
    After a pretty big argument this morning, it's just starting to dawn on me that I'm an inherently selfish and emotionally neglectful person far too often.

Like, it must be a good thing that I'm actually realising just how much of an idiot I've been up to this point. But the fact that it took so long sucks so bloody hard.

Holy crap I feel like the worst of the worst right now and the fact that I'm moping in self-pity is making me even more annoyed at myself because it shouldn't be all about me and it's just stupid-ass snowballing all over the place.

Plus side: That realization is an important first step towards self-improvement. Try to remind yourself that this doesn't have to keep defining you and by recognizing the problem, you can work on fixing it. Don't focus on the bad stuff, focus on how you can make it better.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

poetry, she says
    I hope haikus are okay
    if not, uh........ t-rex

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

<3

Wait what?

Adorbs!

• Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

Sassori wants more poems
    Sassori disappointed.

Okay wait what if I write a sonnet on my dick first?

Text has to be readable by the naked eye

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Yes yes

Give me your poetry.

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Now I'm stuck,
    Nothing rhymes with purple.

• Options
    Spoilered for blargh

Better you discover something bad about your self eventually than never at all.

Learning to not put yourself first in all things is a lesson that literally will never end considering that's what our society is constantly pushing.

So you done good!

This discussion has been closed.