Options

A minimal [chat]

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    louis ck's, only worry about what someone else has if they don't have enough

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I'm grateful for what I have. It's by no means luxury, but goddamn it beats working the mines

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs

Dude's got his sword drills down pat.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I have too much free time. Which for me tends to end up making the free time worthless and then I just end up being bored and depressed. I need to keep busy. And I need to find a way to keep busy pretty soon otherwise stopping studies will end up being totally pointless if I can't get even a little better at like, living

do art!

Yeah, I should. But I like, slide into the apathy of depression where I just... do nothing, can't find the volition to do anything, and at the bottom don't even want to do anything. Just waiting for time to pass without caring.

That was my week, I think I feel the slight tingle of energy coming back that signifies an upwards curve out of the slump

Good for upward curves!

You should find an art friend. Sometimes when I'm feeling shitty and non creatively productive it helps to sit somewhere with an artist friend who is also doing art so we can be mutually encouraging.

Hm.. I should find people to art with.

I do actually know a person who'd be the perfect art friend, apart from the tiny little issue of me breaking up with her. Man, of all the things that were actually good decisions that is the worst one.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    People don't need a lot to be happy. Or they shouldn't. The general consensus is that if you can't find a way to be happy with your situation then ... you should change it.

And good. Go on. Try that.

But a portion of the people who can't find happiness end up realizing that the goals they set don't bring them happiness. Will you find 'comfort' in your free time if you have more of it, or will you still be in a position to feel guilty and unfulfilled? I would say that such feelings are deeper than the sort of thing you can just work yourself out of.

But I don't know. I thoroughly enjoy my free time, whether I have a little or a lot of it. Maybe I am just not very ambitious.

being a sad and confused person it is hard for me to say with certainties what things do make me happy. the one that stands out is accomplishing things. i am kind of an anxiously useless person a lot of the time so getting things done makes me feel very satisfied and happy. idk if a white collar, fancy job will make me feel more accomplished but it does seem like it will give me more interesting, rewarding tasks to finish then 'make sure this person goes to break at 12:10 and also no one waits in line for more than 90 seconds'. also more money and more flexibility in my time off means more recreational things to accomplish (diy stuff around the house, hiking and traveling and stuff) to go with the career accomplishments.

Maybe? Man, I don't know.

I guess all I really know is how to solve my own problems. I just wish that people could be happy. I hear from people who think that getting married or having kids or what have you will make them go from not happy to happy and it's like ... what if it doesn't? What if you commit to these giant, life-altering things without finding any happiness at all?

But trying to make your work situation more appealing isn't really the same. So ... go for it? What could it hurt? But I feel like being satisfied as an individual with yourself should take precedent - and have difficulty recognizing that one could accomplish this through the job grind - but just because I have difficulty believing it doesn't mean it isn't a proper solution. I hope it is.

Good luck.

• Options
    oh yeah, ten second fart

you want a sense of accomplishment, chu? there it is.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Lately in order to try to be a little happier I've started splitting things up into very small goals.

So I have a checklist that I update really frequently with stuff like "do laundry" and "shave" and "switch bedsheets" etc. on it, and I try to do one or two things on it a day, and it actually helps a lot

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    louis ck's, only worry about what someone else has if they don't have enough

Ehhhh fuck that. If someone has a shit ton and is walking over people literally starving, Imma worry about that situation holistically and shit

• Options
    I just want a house, my son to be raised proper and rude titties in my face

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

nice

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

so say we all

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    In one corner, Be Grateful For What You Have
    In the other corner, Stay Hungry

Ohhhh Stay Hungry has knocked Be Grateful out cold with a left hook because Be Grateful is flabby hippy bullshit

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I have too much free time. Which for me tends to end up making the free time worthless and then I just end up being bored and depressed. I need to keep busy. And I need to find a way to keep busy pretty soon otherwise stopping studies will end up being totally pointless if I can't get even a little better at like, living

do art!

Do like me.

(art)

(Fart)

yeah, I should do like you. You keep going with it. I'm... very sporadic.

Oh and speaking of I just now remembered you asked for the gunrunners stuff. Whoooops.

That's an excuse, dude.

not a reason.

and an accurate description :p

anyway, most of it is in paper form, but the fully formed ones - the Vulcan assault rifles and the Futura assault rifles - those I have both sketch, .pdn and combinations of

and an uncompleted sketchup model of the one vulcan rifle

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Poor Rex, he had to go out in the rain to pee.

I gave him some cheese-its to make up for it.

• Options
    I don't want kids.

I wouldn't mind a bosom to use as a pillow while I sleep.

But I imagine that kind of clingy sleep position would get old.

• Options
    Lately in order to try to be a little happier I've started splitting things up into very small goals.

So I have a checklist that I update really frequently with stuff like "do laundry" and "shave" and "switch bedsheets" etc. on it, and I try to do one or two things on it a day, and it actually helps a lot

yeah, I did the same thing

I should make a weekly to-do list instead of a daily one

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I write my to-do lists on a typewriter because I'm hipster like that

also because then I can hang them on the wall and mainly because chack-chack-chack-chack-pling

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh,

The most unintentionally 80's thing ever.

2713788.jpg

• Options
    I don't want kids.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow
    Everybody needs a bosom
    Mines on the 45

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    People are generally really bad at predicting what will make them happy. Not me, though.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @jacobkosh,

2713788.jpg

Life goal: this on a private jet.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I don't want kids.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow
    Everybody needs a bosom
    Mines on the 45

I understood that reference

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs

Dude's got his sword drills down pat.

Not all the time, but a sizable portion of his cuts' angles are off. He's swinging it around like a staff more than a blade, and not paying a lot of attention to what angle the blade would hit the target at.

2-handed sword HEMA gets so dang goofy

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I wanna be at home playing video games not workin

• Options
    Time to bounty hunt.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    People are generally really bad at predicting what will make them happy. Not me, though.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @jacobkosh,

2713788.jpg

Life goal: this on a private jet.

If you have a private jet, you can accomplish that.

u8N5al6.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2015
    yo 21st

VULCAN Heavy Industries
    FUTURA Ballistics Management

and this image which I stumbled upon in some folder somewhere. SVAROG Corporation ideas.

kKEp5Bt.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

do art!

Yeah, I should. But I like, slide into the apathy of depression where I just... do nothing, can't find the volition to do anything, and at the bottom don't even want to do anything. Just waiting for time to pass without caring.

That was my week, I think I feel the slight tingle of energy coming back that signifies an upwards curve out of the slump

Good for upward curves!

You should find an art friend. Sometimes when I'm feeling shitty and non creatively productive it helps to sit somewhere with an artist friend who is also doing art so we can be mutually encouraging.

I do actually know a person who'd be the perfect art friend, apart from the tiny little issue of me breaking up with her. Man, of all the things that were actually good decisions that is the worst one.

Aw that sucks :/

My main art friend lives in a different time zone during the school year, so we kind of sporadically skype while we animate and it still works pretty well. It's just nice to have someone to nod sympathetically when you yell things like "I CANNOT DRAW ARMS I AM A USELESS HUMAN" or to go "um the eyes are.. really uneven..." when necessary

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

@21stCentury these are really good! I would suggest not having the last few have white backgrounds but great job!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm drunk and also it's only 10 pm

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    I write my to-do lists on a typewriter because I'm hipster like that

also because then I can hang them on the wall and mainly because chack-chack-chack-chack-pling

mine are on a pad tacked to my wall that's tearaway so whenever I finish a page I can rip it off and just write a new one on it

btw I agree that typewriter noises are super satisfying

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that's the old Iron Maiden jet. They got a newer one recently.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    In one corner, Be Grateful For What You Have
    In the other corner, Stay Hungry

Ohhhh Stay Hungry has knocked Be Grateful out cold with a left hook because Be Grateful is flabby hippy bullshit

I don't see why they would be mutually exclusive.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

do art!

Good for upward curves!

My main art friend lives in a different time zone during the school year, so we kind of sporadically skype while we animate and it still works pretty well. It's just nice to have someone to nod sympathetically when you yell things like "I CANNOT DRAW ARMS I AM A USELESS HUMAN" or to go "um the eyes are.. really uneven..." when necessary

yeah she would have made a pretty perfect girlfriend but my feelings weren't on board with that assessment. C'est la vie. Or l'amour. Anyway.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    "Be grateful for what you have" is bullshit when it's delivered from on high from someone who is dismissing your problems.

As an a component of an internalized personal philosophy however I would wager it delivers more happiness and satisfaction than "I want what they have" or, even worse, "I hate that I'm not/don't have <this>".

Like. I'd put all my money on that bet. And I'd win.

Oh yeah totally

Intrinsic motivation and such is heavily correlated with happiness

• Options
    I don't recognize the hooded red fellow but they really are quite good

I especially like that manny calavera's graphics style is really apparent even in pixelated form

jack's smile is really well done - shit like that is fucking hard with pixels!

and I really like brooks

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

do art!

Good for upward curves!

yeah she would have made a pretty perfect girlfriend but my feelings weren't on board with that assessment. C'est la vie. Or l'amour. Anyway.

la vie continue

as my french teacher used to say if I did badly on a test

• Options
    but the fun thing about them is that they're different art styles, shown through a single art style, if that makes any sense

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    @21stCentury that skeleton crew looks great!

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I am rearranging my living room so that I have an actual real workspace for my art stuff and even though it's still pretty much in disaster mode for the moment, I'm really, really happy that it's happening at all

• Options
    but the fun thing about them is that they're different art styles, shown through a single art style, if that makes any sense

one of my absolute favourite things to see is one artist imitating various styles outside of theirs, or several artists' interpretations of the same style.

There's a really cool post floating around Tumblr right now that compares how each of the main animators on SU draw Pearl and it's super neat. So similar, and yet with a different kind of feeling depending on who's drawing her.

This discussion has been closed.