Options

Nobody Expects the [SCOTUS] 5-4 Decision! (Read the OP)

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

So the future of abortion access in the country rests in Kennedy's hands. God help us all.

The same was true in Casey, and he is the reason abortion is still legal. The issue is if he finally decides to say what is undue or not.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    SCOTUS is also taking up the Virginia congressional districts case.

Hopefully, they uphold the lower court's ruling.

Hell, they might even taken up another Virginia redistricting case involving state legislative seats in this term. I'm holding out hope that maybe we'll get some of the BS, gerrymandering shit struck down. Maybe Kennedy will agree with most that setting up districts with the sole intent of making it so that the ruling party wins the most seats, is not democracy and is a pretty shitty thing to do. I'm still pissed at the lower court ruling that several of Virginia's state legislative districts were Constitutional for pretty bullshit reasons, reasons along the lines that the state has a compelling interest making it easier for incumbents win.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    What else can the Robert's Court ruin for a generation?

• Options

Can we not tempt fate?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Can we not tempt fate?

The wrath from high atop the thing

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Maybe they're hoping to round out the top 10 list of worst decisions ever. Top three are unbeatable, but there are still a few spaces below that the roberts court doesn't own.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Can we not tempt fate?

But think of all the horrific news articles you'd be able to share!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »

Can we not tempt fate?

Yeah, I think I'd rather have a lower post count and a country that isn't building a bridge to the 19th century, all things considered.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Maybe they're hoping to round out the top 10 list of worst decisions ever. Top three are unbeatable, but there are still a few spaces below that the roberts court doesn't own.

Stop tempting fate, seriously.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Dred Scott, Korematsu, Plessy?

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone needs to go outside, turn around three times and spit.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Someone needs to go outside, turn around three times and spit.

No, curse

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    It's like 20 degrees out.

• Options

Out, turn, spit. No excuses.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    No
    Forar wrote: »

Can we not tempt fate?

Yeah, I think I'd rather have a lower post count and a country that isn't building a bridge to the 19th century, all things considered.

A toll bridge, that won't have any budget for maintenance.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular

Chuck in Lockner too.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular

What's that in Fahrenheit?

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »

A balmy 68.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

I don't know, I think Citizens United and Hobby Lobby are banging on the door of some of those are their effects become more and more felt. Those three are clearly more hateful, but I think Citizens United might be more damaging to the republic.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options

A balmy 68.

Ah, so like that one week in January and the other in February. Yeah, that is definitely bundle up weather.

• Options

A balmy 68.

Ah, so like that one week in January and the other in February. Yeah, that is definitely bundle up weather.

What.

That's still shorts and t-shirt weather.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular

A balmy 68.

It's more like room temperature.

• Options
    We got thin blood down here in Ft. Lauderdale. You'll see some funny shit when it gets to the 60s. Everybody that came down from the north and forgot what cold is, breaks out their winter gear and it's like parkas and shit. Meanwhile, the natives (me) don't even have that, since they don't sell that stuff here. But then, I work outside, so 65 with the wind blowing and I'm basically miserable until I can get inside.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Go!

Go!

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    We got thin blood down here in Ft. Lauderdale. You'll see some funny shit when it gets to the 60s. Everybody that came down from the north and forgot what cold is, breaks out their winter gear and it's like parkas and shit. Meanwhile, the natives (me) don't even have that, since they don't sell that stuff here. But then, I work outside, so 65 with the wind blowing and I'm basically miserable until I can get inside.

This, I can relate to.

• Options
    Calica wrote: »

This, I can relate to.

Shave 50 off that temp and you get an idea of what a walk in January is like here.

Well, this year is shaping up to be really warm though (we've only even had flurries like once).

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, 68 may not seem like much of a drop, but when it is normally 94 and up and it can swing to both extremes in a day it can really screw you up.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I spent May-January in Orlando. At the end I came back to Wisconsin.

Floridians complaining about Florida's winter weather are so funny

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

I don't know, I think Citizens United and Hobby Lobby are banging on the door of some of those are their effects become more and more felt. Those three are clearly more hateful, but I think Citizens United might be more damaging to the republic.

CU is certainly in the top 10, and imo Shelby County is also a major top 10 travesty. But Dred Scott, Korematsu and Plessy are all stars in the shit decision super bowl. I mean, Dred Scott basically lead to the civil war.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Man I spent this past winter in upstate NY walking around in shirts and shorts while 10F and lower.

I'm now in the desert with 90F+ days. It gets in the 40s at night and I shiver uncontrollably; without my hoodie I'm useless.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »

Lol, live down here a couple years and you'll understand.

• Options
    My mailman wears shorts to work every day unless the snow is past his knees. He's a trooper.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Veevee wrote: »

Lol, live down here a couple years and you'll understand.

I spent quite enough time down there, thank you very much. I did my service to the one true god of capitalism and noped it out of there as fast as I could.

Veevee on
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Northerners who complain about the "heat" when it hits the 80's are so funny.

TWO WAY STREET MAN.

EDIT- but yeah, northerns bothering floridians about us being weak to cold is so annoying. Yeah, sorry that we have a lower threshold for lower temperatures when our state is in the upper 90's with high humidity for MOST of the year. Aagggh.
    The times I've wanted to murder a northerner when they say, "ha ha! COLD???" when I'm wearing a jacket or something is ... too high to count. HARUMPH.

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    See when that happens you invite them down in mid-July and when they inevitably collapse from heat exhaustion, you go full Superdickery on them

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Lovely wrote: »
    Northerners who complain about the "heat" when it hits the 80's are so funny.

TWO WAY STREET MAN.

EDIT- but yeah, northerns bothering floridians about us being weak to cold is so annoying. Yeah, sorry that we have a lower threshold for lower temperatures when our state is in the upper 90's with high humidity for MOST of the year. Aagggh.
    The times I've wanted to murder a northerner when they say, "ha ha! COLD???" when I'm wearing a jacket or something is ... too high to count. HARUMPH.

Anyone complaining about their weather anywhere is funny! OH NO IT IS TOO HOT OUT FOR THE TEN FEET BETWEEN MY AIR CONDITIONED HOUSE AND MY CAR WITH AC, etc

Unless you're living somewhere or working somewhere without heating or cooling, your life is going to be functionally identical except for those twenty feet to the car and the five minutes for the car to change temperatures. I moved from California to Maryland, and now I bike to work in the snow at zero Fahrenheit and it is far less irksome than when I was in California and it was forty degrees F but my house didn't have any serious heating and the wood was too wet to burn. Similarly, it also gets hot and muggy here in Maryland, but I've never been stuck at home without AC feebly holding frozen water bottles to myself.

How much weather sucks is pretty much inversely proportional to the modern conveniences you have and little else.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You know that a lot of people have terrible insulation, poor access to temperature regulation, or have to walk to things, right?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2015
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    You know that a lot of people have terrible insulation, poor access to temperature regulation, or have to walk to things, right?

Yes

That is what the last line is entirely about

Er, actually the entire post

Note that I am one of the people who had terrible insulation, poor access to temperature regulation, and had to walk to things, in a "temperate" climate, and it sucked

Then I moved somewhere with a harsher climate and it's fine, because I have access to those things

Shivahn on
This discussion has been closed.