As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this november remember to vote beard

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    As a guy who only grows a beard for November, I find myself playing with my beard quite often. Is this a new beard thing or do those of you who have beards all the time do that as well?

When it comes to my beard....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPp-tneEHRE

Usually it comes to your beard after that

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Define "playing with your beard". If you mean stroking your chin or the side of your face, letting the long strands get in between your fingers, twirling them around, yes, that's normal.

I never let my beard get too long though, it easily goes out of control and I don't have the patience to use a brush or oils. I have friends who do, and they even let the upper lip portion grow long so it's practically something they could chew. That seems to be a thing, I guess.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'm always waffling over how long to let my beard get - it looks particularly patchy if I trim it too short, so what'll happen is I'll go "you know I should let it grow long and just remember to use the oil and brush it better" and then I don't do the latter part so I look increasingly disheveled before I give up.

Doesn't help that I can't get the beard oil tin open right now.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Define "playing with your beard". If you mean stroking your chin or the side of your face, letting the long strands get in between your fingers, twirling them around, yes, that's normal.

I never let my beard get too long though, it easily goes out of control and I don't have the patience to use a brush or oils. I have friends who do, and they even let the upper lip portion grow long so it's practically something they could chew. That seems to be a thing, I guess.

For me it was only a new beard thing. I rarely touch it at all anymore unless it itches.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I'm always waffling over how long to let my beard get - it looks particularly patchy if I trim it too short, so what'll happen is I'll go "you know I should let it grow long and just remember to use the oil and brush it better" and then I don't do the latter part so I look increasingly disheveled before I give up.

Doesn't help that I can't get the beard oil tin open right now.

12278978_10206966892863672_5240645448220373673_n.jpg?oh=9767635dd99eeaf08cd70051c77fc27c&oe=56F3F781

Dear God.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It's tiny and slippery and I think the metal deformed or something. Should probably just buy more but that's, like... effort.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    Run it under hot water. That will loosen it up.

Also works for jars.

Take care of your bearding supplies, people.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Hallo

qa7c1ukzfj9d.jpg

No I don't.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I keep telling myself I'll post in one of these threads when they come around so fuck it have a work bathroom picture.
    VW1XSWqh.jpg

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    What is 'beard oil'?

Is it for beards or from them?

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    What is 'beard oil'?

For conditioning the beard.

Flak seed oil is by far the cheapest and most not ridiculous choice.

/opinion

• Options
    What is 'beard oil'?

Beard oil is hydrating to the skin and helps soften and tame beard hair, which means it also does double-duty as a styling agent. According to Schneidman, the ideal beard should look shiny and groomed -- not dusty, flaky and shaggy.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Fuck Schneidman.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Fuck Schneidman.

Check out Snide-man here

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    so beard oil would technically work down there as well?:lol: if i had bearded bf i'd borrow some.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    lggj07wh5bmz.jpg

No I don't.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Beard oil was genuinely a revelation for me. Turned my wire brush hairs waaaay softer, (mostly) stops the super gross beard-druff (I have mega dry skin) and it makes it look way nicer.

Coconut oil is what I use, makes you smell damn fine too. From my experience you want the lighter weight oils, which I believe flax is also, so that should work well too.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    grrmusha wrote: »
    so beard oil would technically work down there as well?:lol: if i had bearded bf i'd borrow some.

BRB, going to store. For reasons.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    LOL. c'mon, don't tell me no one ever thought of it before. :P

grrmusha on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    like how much beard oil do you guys use every day?

I was trying this stuff I got off amazon a while back (I want to say it was recommended in this thread even), and it suggested just a few drops from the eyedropper it came with. all it did was get the beard slick but it didn't do anything for dry skin, which is typically my bigger problem with my beard despite the product saying it helped with skin issues as well.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Dry skin might require more than just oil. Especially if you already have the dry skin.

Edit: I keep my beard around three inches for work safety issues. I use a nickel size dollop. I'm not a fan of the wet look and any more than that is Ross Geller territory.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I use a coal tar shampoo for my hair and beard, as it helps a lot with dry flakey skin.

I use a little beard oil now and then too, but to be honest it doesn't really make much of a difference for me, so I end up just using it more for the smell.

• Options
    "You must be suffering in the summer with that beard, you should shave it!"
    12246846_10206986367790533_8687500676035691322_n.jpg?oh=51c5a9cc93bf318a2a5c6d1a4445f0e1&oe=56B05A14

Patience pays off!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I musta got bit by a hipster but by God I think I want to put glitter in my beard.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I musta got bit by a hipster but by God I think I want to put glitter in my beard.

I think you got bit by @lonelyahava on Facebook, if my wall is anything to go by

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »

I think you got bit by @lonelyahava on Facebook, if my wall is anything to go by

you would be the ultimate holiday decoration!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I think this is definitely back to being a beard now

3weeks.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    My mother told me that last night she had a dream that every man she met had a big red beard.
    image_zpswlz0kpem.jpg
    She says its starting to affect her mental state and that I should shave it. I laughed. I laughed and laughed and laughed.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Dehumanize yourself and face to beardthread.
    Pb4boQll.jpg

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Mad IronMad Iron Registered User regular
    Hello beard thread

bdzqq3koq9k3.jpg

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Some pro bearding happening in here :^:

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I did a beard

CUtUxeDXAAUOLrn.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    My face is really resisting the whole beard thing. I technically stopped shaving right after I got back from FLOPAX so its been a month now and...

muZ1jDT.jpg

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    COUSWsf.jpg

Above pic for comparison. One month later...

vck2UZ8.jpgeNhKWLW.jpg

Looking pretty good although I do notice I have more grey/white spots that last year which I totally blame on my tween and teen daughters and their talks about boys and crushes and so on.

Not sure if I want to pull the trigger and shave it back down to my goatee (at least keep it through the Winter) but I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and I think the wife would like me reasonably clean shaven for pictures and stuff.

Also, here are the medical links I posted last year in the spirit of promoting men's health.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keep the beard, shave the neck, and get in my mouth

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    oh my god keith

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    through four weekends of beard growth

i missed the lil guy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    oh my god keith

just bein honest

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    through four weekends of beard growth

i missed the lil guy

Are you sure? You look sadder as the beard grows.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I think I have developed Stockholm Syndrome. I like my beard.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg