As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Online ticket sites can't keep up with the [Star Wars] hype. New trailer in OP!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Apparently the magazine Empire included a map of the Star Wars galaxy in their article about the upcoming movie. Among other, likely spoilish locations marked out on it is one that fans of KoTOR/SWTOR may recognize.
    1zg2deT.jpg

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Coruscant

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Why did Vader get a pyre anyways, all those dickheads who got blowed up in space didn't get their possessions burnt on a pyre but Space Dracula does?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Why didn't Chewbacca get a medal at the end of a new hope?

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I've read a lot of internet ire over the thought that they might kill off one of the main characters, like Han. Did they watch the same Star Wars movies I did? Because in the original trilogy alone, the following important characters died:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Yoda
    Darth Vader
    The Emperor
    Boba Fett
    Porkins

It hasn't made the fanbase like them less or anything.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Ah yes. Porkins. The most important character.

I wonder what they were thinking telling him to eject? He'd just land on the death star or be shot into deep space like Vader in his tie advanced.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Apparently the magazine Empire included a map of the Star Wars galaxy in their article about the upcoming movie. Among other, likely spoilish locations marked out on it is one that fans of KoTOR/SWTOR may recognize.
    1zg2deT.jpg

Well the WE RPG had a bunch of Galaxy maps
    Galaxy2.jpg

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The FFG rpg has some really good galaxy maps in it, with areas of control and trade routes marked.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    The FFG rpg has some really good galaxy maps in it, with areas of control and trade routes marked.

I would get the FFG one but it forces you to play the rebels or other fringe groups
    And well I would also need to find people interesting in playing it

• Options
    I always wanted to try the WotC or FFG RPGs myself. Maybe get that potential character concept I put together for a WotC-PbP thread over at Critical Failures a second try.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    1zg2deT.jpg

Alderaan is missi- oh, yeah...

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I would get the FFG one but it forces you to play the rebels or other fringe groups

Eh, nothing is really FORCING you to play the fringe groups. Each book is setup to support those groups, yes. But you could easily take the rebel one, and modify it to be the empire instead.
    If you just want to bum around the universe, the force (third and most recent) is probably the best bet for that.

You are really only limited by what the DM would allow though.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Playing as the Rebellion is quite different than playing as someone who isn't in the Rebellion.

As in there is literally a different core book for playing as a member of the Rebellion, which uses different mechanics (Duty) instead of characters living in the fringes of society (Obligation).

Edge of the Empire is great for playing "normal" characters in Star Wars, who don't really have a stake in the Empire/Rebellion conflict.

Duty is a mechanic that could just as easily be used to run an Imperial campaign as a Rebellion-themed one.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    A meeting long time coming finally happens in the preview for Vader Down Part 3.
    STWARS2015013-int3-2-8da28.jpg
    STWARS2015013-int3-3-9aa04.jpg
    STWARS2015013-int3-4-d8e2f.jpg

Looks like someone forgot to fill his oil-reserves before he arrived on-planet.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    1zg2deT.jpg

Galaxy2.jpg

This one looks familiar enough that it must have been in the back of a lot of the EU novels too.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I would love for the Chiss to find their way in to the new movies.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    1zg2deT.jpg

Galaxy2.jpg

This one looks familiar enough that it must have been in the back of a lot of the EU novels too.

They started printing it in the front of the books for the New Jedi Order series (they added a thing showing the path of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion).

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That map is hideous.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    A meeting long time coming finally happens in the preview for Vader Down Part 3.

Need to start reading the Star Wars and Vader comics now that the trades are coming out.

And bypassing hardcovers, thank you Marvel.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

is this comic all painted-over 3d models? I guess it helps keep the droids on-model, but it looks cheap. I can't tell with luke but the lady definitely looks like a 3d model too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Nah only half of Vader Down is, Mike Deodato does that but the other artist, Salvador Laroccoa, doesn't

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Vader Annual drawn by Leinil Francis Yu coming out the same day as TFA I'm really looking forward to.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

This is like, what if Iron Man flexed and suddenly deployed several APC's from the back of his neck kind of bad physics.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

This is like, what if Iron Man flexed and suddenly deployed several APC's from the back of his neck kind of bad physics.

Bad physics and comics have always gone hand in hand.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Oh hey Onderon. Did that planet exist outside of the Clone Wars CG series?

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Shadowen on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Huh well wouldya look at that.

In other news Hondo is the best Star Wars character and the best part is he's canon.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Ventress is probably my favourite character from Clone Wars. She was kind of one note for a lot of the series, but became super interesting when she decided "fuck the Jedi and Sith and their shitty war".

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I find it kinda funny that there are 2 ocean planets within spitting distance of Tatooine, yet they still gotta farm the desert for moisture.

Naboo and Geonosis? Kinda dicks

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I find it kinda funny that there are 2 ocean planets within spitting distance of Tatooine, yet they still gotta farm the desert for moisture.

Geonosis is a desert world.

Now Kamino? But it isn't even on the map, and is given that it's described as "beyond the Outer Rim" may be even more remote than Tatooine, which takes some doing.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Now Kamino? But it isn't even on the map, and is given that it's described as "beyond the Outer Rim" may be even more remote than Tatooine, which takes some doing.

Ah yes, it's Kamino I was mixing up with Geonosis, Naboo still jerks tho

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Rakata Prime being on that chart is strange

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Tatooine is located in the Outer Rim, but it's on a major hyperspace lane. So while it's remote, it's not especially difficult to access. Think of Tatooine as one of those little towns that popped up on Route 66 that everyone just drives buy nowadays and only like 10 people still live there.

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    1zg2deT.jpg

Galaxy2.jpg

Han Solo and the corporate sector
    That's well before Zann and the EU

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Javen wrote: »
    Rakata Prime being on that chart is strange

Why is that strange?

Also that map lines up really well wit the ones from KOTOR and SWTOR (regarding relative locations)

I still have no idea how you can have a "Western Reaches" on a galaxy map though

Joolander on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Mostly because the only time Rakata Prime is in anything is in like 3000 years in the past of the story line.

• Options
    Also, it doesn't exist in any of the canon, as far as I know.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Also, it doesn't exist in any of the canon, as far as I know.

I mean at this point neither does... like, Dathomir
    Not sure about Kuat or a couple of the others

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Dathomir does, but Rattatak does not

according to Clone Wars, both Asajj Ventress and Darth Maul are Dathomiri, whereas previously she was Rattataki and he was Zabrak

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh really? Dang, I didn't know they changed that

This discussion has been closed.