Options

a single train for [chat]

• Options
    SqueakelSqueakel Registered User regular
    Man are they EVER going to make another Monster Hunter game for the Playstation?

Like, I LOVE some monster hunter, but not on handhelds. I want my 1080p 4 player epic monster hunts with full voice chat.

I miss it SO much. I also miss Resident Evil: Online, which was WAY ahead of its time.

I don't think so, I believe Nintendo owns Monster Hunter now so they'll keep it on their platforms(3ds & WiiU)

Thresh, Alistar, and Janna supporting is best!
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    why wouldn't you choose the most powerful spec for a combat based game

I don't understand.

You're like those people that play castelvania with no upgrades and a fishing pole

Because a pure magic build is not fun. It's boring. You walk up and shoot beams at the guy and he runs at you but it's too late, he's dead. Repeat ad nauseum.

Until you get to the inevitable boss or group of enemies that's immune or highly resistant to magic and suddenly the game is nearly impossible.

The easiest way to play a souls game is probably slowly plinking everything to death with arrows or magic the whole way through, but why bother?

I sneaked through the entirety of skyrim and only used my bow

so
    let us help you
    the first step is admitting you have a problem

I'd reload my save if being seen caused me any significant hassle whatsoever.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

I don't understand.

You're like those people that play castelvania with no upgrades and a fishing pole

Because a pure magic build is not fun. It's boring. You walk up and shoot beams at the guy and he runs at you but it's too late, he's dead. Repeat ad nauseum.

Until you get to the inevitable boss or group of enemies that's immune or highly resistant to magic and suddenly the game is nearly impossible.

The easiest way to play a souls game is probably slowly plinking everything to death with arrows or magic the whole way through, but why bother?

so

Yes, but Skyrim has dialogue and exploration and stories and etc. And the combat gameplay is not very good.

Souls games are generally only fun to the extent that the combat is fun to engage with. That extra stuff isn't really the focus (aside from exploration, I suppose). Make it too easy and there seems little point in playing it.

To me this is almost like saying "why wouldn't you play every game on the easiest difficulty? It's the most efficient way to beat it."

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    @RMS Oceanic play Shake it Off by Queen-Mother Taylor Swift at high volumes with the windows rolled down and you rocking out like you're King Fuckawesome

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Grindr is for hookups and that was part of the idea. Though that has changed a bit over time.

Tindr was kind of the idea for straight people. But it is more like a singles bar with less booze or sleeziness sometimes. Though recent stuff showed otherwise. But I have a date from tindr tonight and it is a normal first date not let's just hookup.

Though I did miss a hookup chance two weeks ago just due to having to work the next day and not being in DC.

Also a new one out. Bumble. Same idea as tindr. But the lady has to message first.

that's a normal first date?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    it was the same when the paris attack happened and a bunch of people went "THEN WHY AREN'T YOU UPSET ABOUT THESE OTHER ATROCITIES" and starting listing out other tragedies to show how worldly they are and how other people are just liberal media sheeple

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

I don't understand.

so

Yes, but Skyrim has dialogue and exploration and stories and etc. And the combat gameplay is not very good.

Souls games are generally only fun to the extent that the combat is fun to engage with. That extra stuff isn't really the focus (aside from exploration, I suppose). Make it too easy and there seems little point in playing it.

To me this is almost like saying "why wouldn't you play every game on the easiest difficulty? It's the most efficient way to beat it."

no no no

the game should start out hard but it is absolutely thrilling to get a spec/build that completely breaks combat and have that moment where you go "I am a god among ants"

and then you stomp ants for like 20 hours

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I was also thinking of Lose Yourself

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Panda express, what has you done to my innerds.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Squeakel wrote: »
    Man are they EVER going to make another Monster Hunter game for the Playstation?

Like, I LOVE some monster hunter, but not on handhelds. I want my 1080p 4 player epic monster hunts with full voice chat.

I miss it SO much. I also miss Resident Evil: Online, which was WAY ahead of its time.

I don't think so, I believe Nintendo owns Monster Hunter now so they'll keep it on their platforms(3ds & WiiU)

*slams the alarm*

IT'S A CHILD EVERYBODY RUN

monsters-inc-mike-sulley-scared.jpg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i dont understand why you would submit your pic to r/roastme

i guess it's the same kind of people that go sit in the front row at an insult comic's show

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @spool32 how did the interview go?

did you slam your 5 inch dick down on the table

yeah I can give this to you bby

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Grindr is for hookups and that was part of the idea. Though that has changed a bit over time.

Tindr was kind of the idea for straight people. But it is more like a singles bar with less booze or sleeziness sometimes. Though recent stuff showed otherwise. But I have a date from tindr tonight and it is a normal first date not let's just hookup.

Though I did miss a hookup chance two weeks ago just due to having to work the next day and not being in DC.

Also a new one out. Bumble. Same idea as tindr. But the lady has to message first.

that's a normal first date?

My normal first dates are usually drinks or coffee. Less random hooking up.

YMMV

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    a

Just looked at bumble, all the reviews are "lol women are terrible at this because they have never had to put in effort", "women dont use this", and "its all just bots".

Then women reviewers going "uhg this just makes me feel rejected when I dont get a reply!" Yeeeeeeeeees welcome to how men have felt forever about dating because everything about it is terrible!

I installed it anyways, requires facebook, whelp *uninstall*

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Panda express, what has you done to my innerds.

YOU GOT PAN-DA'D

*clap clap clapclapclap*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    get rekt interview, the 30 minutes ran to nearly an hour. I think I'm a really good fit.

HIRE ME DAMNIT

• Options
    like seriously in skyrim when I got the archery/sneak damage multipliers and I could take down Gods and God Kings and Dragons with a single Hidden Arrow

I'd giggle like a child on christmas morning and proceed to do that over and over and over again

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    it was the same when the paris attack happened and a bunch of people went "THEN WHY AREN'T YOU UPSET ABOUT THESE OTHER ATROCITIES" and starting listing out other tragedies to show how worldly they are and how other people are just liberal media sheeple

some halfway well known guy here posted a great rebuttal to that that was, basically, we're allowed to feel something extra hard when it hits closer to us. The people I know who did post about the other tragedies that were "forgotten" were exactly who you'd suspect of doing it - socially conscious leftist feminists. First time I felt annoyed at them, their argument would have had a leg to stand on had they shared something about said tragedies before.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

I don't understand.

so

no no no

the game should start out hard but it is absolutely thrilling to get a spec/build that completely breaks combat and have that moment where you go "I am a god among ants"

Sure, this is totally understandable, though not what I want myself

But a magic build in souls games is often kind of hard briefly and then faceroll remainder of game

A bleh experience IMO

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I don't understand.

so
    In Skyrim, there are more arrows than sources of water (consumables). So there's that. The scarcity and expense of the ammunition in Dark Souls, in addition to its low damage, precludes it from being a viable spec for all of the game. It is quite useful for specific situations (mostly trash mobs).

Magic is a viable spec, but it's far from the most powerful. I get way better results from a pure melee run, mostly because of stat distributions. Most people playing Dark Souls have SOME utility magic (since it's trivial to dump a few points in a casting stat for specific utility spells).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I was also thinking of Lose Yourself

I vote for Mystikal's "shake ya ass" but I'm not sure why that's my vote

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    get rekt interview, the 30 minutes ran to nearly an hour. I think I'm a really good fit.

HIRE ME DAMNIT
    How is your ubering going?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    a

Just looked at bumble, all the reviews are "lol women are terrible at this because they have never had to put in effort", "women dont use this", and "its all just bots".

Then women reviewers going "uhg this just makes me feel rejected when I dont get a reply!" Yeeeeeeeeees welcome to how men have felt forever about dating because everything about it is terrible!

I installed it anyways, requires facebook, whelp *uninstall*

you're right it's about time women get taken to task vis-a-vis dating

• Options
    There is an item in Dark Souls 2 that prevents you from losing your souls when you die. It breaks, but can be repaired. I found playing with this item drained all tension from the game and made it less fun, so I chose to ignore it.

all of this suboptimal playing. It's like I am from another planet trying to speak your crazy moon language

It's Janna Five-Hats

It's Wallnivia.

... actually it's @skippydumptruck

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    the song should be the boys are back in town as you peel out

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

some halfway well known guy here posted a great rebuttal to that that was, basically, we're allowed to feel something extra hard when it hits closer to us. The people I know who did post about the other tragedies that were "forgotten" were exactly who you'd suspect of doing it - socially conscious leftist feminists. First time I felt annoyed at them, their argument would have had a leg to stand on had they shared something about said tragedies before.

yeah what really got me about that whole thing was how many people who were so indignant about this injustice had never mentioned anything about, say, lebanon before in their lives

• Options
    It feels like everyone is loading up their anime.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    *Watches Hakks load up her Imgur Gallery of Umaru gifs*

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    red six standing by

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Spool shouldn't your child be in school learning his sums and making papa some ROI

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    @spool32 how did the interview go?

did you slam your 5 inch dick down on the table

yeah I can give this to you bby

*slam*

You can have all this- ow ow ow ow oh jesus ow

• Options
    Ludious, you also save scum so you are obviously lower than an eel in a bucket of snot

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

HIRE ME DAMNIT
    How is your ubering going?

Gonna start later this week, I still need to get my car cleaned.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I don't understand.

so

no no no

This totally happens in Dark Souls, but it's not the spec/build that does this. It's your mind leveling up from experience from playing the game. What was once hard is now easy, not because of your in-game stats, but because of knowledge inside your head.

That's the main appeal of Dark Souls and other similar games for me. The level ups occur inside you.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Ludious, you also save scum so you are obviously lower than an eel in a bucket of snot

why would you not save often and reload often to get the desired outcome for your gaming experience

I do not understand

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    *Watches Hakks load up her Imgur Gallery of Umaru gifs*

shit I need to stop by the local hentai trading post

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    i dont understand why you would submit your pic to r/roastme

i guess it's the same kind of people that go sit in the front row at an insult comic's show

it's frequently funny

and like, it's insults from internet people, who gives a shit? Not these people.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    red six standing by
    Anime is now hiding, red leader moving in for trench run.
    6f8733b7-2d01-4b45-b452-e3967c24ba81.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

those people who changed their profile picture to the lebanon flag just to be contrarian when they more than likely had no fucking clue what the lebanon flag was before paris can fuck right off

stains

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Ahh, the internet. Giving that one try hard everybody knew in university a megaphone with global reach.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.