As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red vs Blue: [Republican Primary] Make D&D Great Again Edition

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Cruz has gotten an endorsement from a right-wing preacher who's publicly stated that Oprah may be the Anti-Christ among other stupid things l.

That wouldn't really be news, except that Cruz has publicly thanked the dude for his endorsement.

Trump isn't going to take anyone messing with his VP lying down.
    I can't believe he said he wanted Oprah as his VP and got no backlash from his base.

He panders.

He's a panderer.

He'll say and do anything to convince people to like him.

The fact that he can make the base believe he is just saying it like he sees it is what makes him such a good panderer. Romney could never pander that well. McCain could never pander that well either.

Of course Trump is pro-life. He needs more warboys.
    Pr21rzB.jpg

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    Dang

Trump did not write a word of that op-ed

A proud political tradition going back to at least Conscience of a Conservative, nominally written by Goldwater. "Well, I read the book. I even agreed with parts of it."

Edit: did not mean to double post
    Has Trump actually shared why he switched on abortion? Or did he just gloss over that because the real reason is "political expediency"?
    Only thing I ever saw was a pretty vague story about a friend having a child and loving it despite having considered an abortion. Not a very good story to base such a change on given that it seems to imply it always turns out well to decide to not get an abortion, and a person personally deciding to not get an abortion isn't really something the pro-choice people are against.
    Q: Evangelicals want to feel secure that they're going to have a nominee that's solid on those social issues.
    A: One thing about me, I'm a very honorable guy. I'm pro-life, but I changed my view a number of years ago. One of the primary reasons I changed [was] a friend of mine's wife was pregnant, and he didn't really want the baby. He was crying as he was telling me the story. He ends up having the baby and the baby is the apple of his eye. It's the greatest thing that's ever happened to him. And you know here's a baby that wasn't going to be let into life. And I heard this, and some other stories, and I am pro-life.
    Q: So those stories did change you, they came around and changed you?
    A: They changed me. Yeah, they changed my view as to that, absolutely.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Has Trump actually shared why he switched on abortion? Or did he just gloss over that because the real reason is "political expediency"?

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

i think it was the 1st debate(maybe 2nd) that he rambled on about friends that were gonna have an abortion but then decided not to and they love their kid so abortions are bad....

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-could-shoot-somebody-still-maintain-support-n502911
    Donald Trump said Saturday that his supporters are so loyal that he would not lose backers even if he were to shoot someone in the middle of downtown Manhattan.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?" Trump said at a rally in Sioux Center, Iowa as the audience laughed. "It's, like, incredible."

If there wasn't video, I'd think this was satire. And the thing is he's not wrong.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    So Trump is now openly trolling his own supporters. Half of them will not realize this, and the other half will approve because he's also trolling the media, and the ends justify the means.

• Options
    Current top Reddit comment: "He's got my vote even if he shoots me."

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I'm not sure what this reflects more negatively on - Redditors or Trump supporters.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    We are such a country of enablers

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-could-shoot-somebody-still-maintain-support-n502911
    Donald Trump said Saturday that his supporters are so loyal that he would not lose backers even if he were to shoot someone in the middle of downtown Manhattan.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?" Trump said at a rally in Sioux Center, Iowa as the audience laughed. "It's, like, incredible."

If there wasn't video, I'd think this was satire. And the thing is he's not wrong.

Well, it depends. Did he shoot a Democrat?

Also, I cannot imagine the high that Trump must get when he goes on stage in front of thousands of people and says "I could shoot a guy and you all would love me for it!" and they cheer.

• Options

the sad thing is i really don't know if you're joking or not and i really don't want to check and find out. :( am pretty certain that you are not.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Prisoners can't vote, but I guess one could be elected president...

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Prisoners can't vote, but I guess one could be elected president...

Then he could give himself a presidential pardon!

:rotate:

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    V1m was warned for this.

tps://readthiscomicbook.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/img_05

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Holy 1.67MB. Trump is more xbSl2gd.jpg

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

But would he also get your apology for getting shot by him?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

But would he also get your apology for getting shot by him?

No, you would be apologizing to him per the Cheney Protocol.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @V1m that pic is waaaay over the image limit.

But you can chuck that one, I trimmed on down to a forum friendlier size.

grc7r780ypc3.jpg

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Chuck Grassley, "moderate Republican" (media version)/"unhinged lunatic" (his Twitter account) introduced Trump in Iowa today. Not technically an endorsement, but interesting.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    That Preacher that endorsed Cruz also believes that Hitler was sent by God to chase the Jews back to Israel and punish them for not going back sooner.

He thinks Hitler was doing gods work.

Cruz and his wife put out a statement personally thanking him for his endorsement and saying they are glad to have it.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    That's all stuff Hagee said, as well.

And we all know how that completely sunk McCain's candidacy, right?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

He has become Senator Rourke from Sin City.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Suriko wrote: »

Literally up to "pure breed" rhetoric. What the fuck.

That's marked from 2012 but has a picture from this year or 2015. It's fake.

(well probably fake. Forgot twitter updates avatars)

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

That's marked from 2012 but has a picture from this year or 2015. It's fake.

(well probably fake. Forgot twitter updates avatars)

It appears to be her legit Twitter account.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Every day now I get a Republican coming to my door to beg for my vote. The other day I was assured in no uncertain terms that the candidate was a born-again Christian and today I was visited by the candidate himself, who held up a sign and asked me what, on the sign, was the most important thing I considered.

The list was, "2nd Amendment Rights, Prayer in Schools, Pro-Life"... and so on. I said, "I'm a Democrat," and they hurriedly excused themselves and walked off.

I yelled after them, "Aw, c'mon! I'm not that scary, am I?"

• Options

Michael McKean's still alive, who knew.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Trump's mother is from Scotland. I am sure having a problem with a parent being born in Mexico or Africa but not a parent being born in Scotland has a reasonable explanation that isn't racist as fuck.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-spokeswomans-twitter-history-is-a-goldmine-of-embarrassment/

This stuff is what I would expect from a person wearing a bullet necklace. There isn't a checkmark on twitter, but it does appear to be her twitter account and the tweets are over several years and from well before she became big via association with trump. News articles from before this also link to the twitter account.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Everyone who watched Better Call Saul.

• Options
    Fair.

This was the first time I'd seen him since, I think, Best in Show maybe?

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    @V1m that pic is waaaay over the image limit.

But you can chuck that one, I trimmed on down to a forum friendlier size.

grc7r780ypc3.jpg

Yeah my bad, I didn't even think about the image size limit. Thoughtless of me.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Probably matters less than zero, but the Des Moines Register endorsed Rubio (for the primary, picked Clinton for the Dems) today.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

the sad thing is i really don't know if you're joking or not and i really don't want to check and find out. :( am pretty certain that you are not.
    I mean, the comment itself is clearly a joke.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Probably matters less than zero, but the Des Moines Register endorsed Rubio (for the primary, picked Clinton for the Dems) today.

They keep trying to make Rubio the establishment candidate but he's just not, I mean he polls in double digits barely but he's never even been in second place! He's even pulling out of Iowa to focus on South Carolina where he's also getting killed.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

They keep trying to make Rubio the establishment candidate but he's just not, I mean he polls in double digits barely but he's never even been in second place! He's even pulling out of Iowa to focus on South Carolina where he's also getting killed.

i think Rubio jumped in to early. if he'd wait till next time or even 2024 i think he'd be in a better position to get that establishment candidate slot, plus he'd have a record to run on and probably more recognition too. maybe even a smaller field in which to stand out rather than the clown car we've had this time. am sure he'll try again though, assuming he doesn't get the nod this time.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

i think Rubio jumped in to early. if he'd wait till next time or even 2024 i think he'd be in a better position to get that establishment candidate slot, plus he'd have a record to run on and probably more recognition too. maybe even a smaller field in which to stand out rather than the clown car we've had this time. am sure he'll try again though, assuming he doesn't get the nod this time.

To have a record to run on he'd have to actually do his job

• Options
    Waiting 4-8 years would require him to keep being a Senator in the meantime, which he's terrible at.

And since there were a few people calling him the savior of this cycle, he risked being Christie'd if he sat out.

Besides, this way he gets to be national news for a while and fall into a nice golden pillow at some consultancy when he fails to win the nomination.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »

which i'd assume he would be doing if he weren't involved in the current race. perhaps that's me being generous to Marco, but his campaign does seem to be the thing keeping him away from the Senate floor. if he'd sat this one out and still didn't do his job then yeah, he'd be a complete non starter in any future bid but he strikes me as being more overly ambitious than just outright dumb.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular

Government that governs least, governs best.
    And with that philosophy, he's the greatest policy maker of all time. :D

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

which i'd assume he would be doing if he weren't involved in the current race. perhaps that's me being generous to Marco, but his campaign does seem to be the thing keeping him away from the Senate floor. if he'd sat this one out and still didn't do his job then yeah, he'd be a complete non starter in any future bid but he strikes me as being more overly ambitious than just outright dumb.

What keeps him from the senate floor are his own two feet. Even before this campaign, his did fuck all that he was elected to do.

This discussion has been closed.