Options

[pbp]Shadowrun - Bump in the Night

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Tantrum messages Blackfish briefly, "Yo, 'Ilsa' split." and gives Haversham a questioning, expectant look.

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "You know...I don't think I like her..." Breach frowns as she walks away. "And what are you guys complaining about? We got more than what was offered... that's a win!

Once Blackfish returns, Breach buys her another drink, "Listen, sorry about throwing you under the bus there.... but we needed to keep her happy. No judgments here, so ka?.... but for the record, you do kinda stink...a little bit.". Breach hopes his smile takes the sting out of his words. Camaraderie.

"One more thing before we get to business. Havisham here asked me earlier today of we would be willing to do some wetwork jobs. I didn't have an answer for him. What do you think?"

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "Hey, if you don't like the way fish smell, why you hangin out with a fish?"

Grinning, which, as with most trolls, is really more of just Blackfish bearing her teeth, she knocks back the drink.

"But I guess I could try looking more respectable the next time we meet a client."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Bauta glances at Breach momentarily "It depends , Breach..."
    "Do you like hurting other people?"

"Wetwork usually involves that in some form or another." he says matter of factly "Sometimes indirectly, but rarely" he glances back in the direction of the main club

Egos on
  • Options
    2354276-hotline_miami_05_super.png

For some reason I assumed, Breach had told the group it was wetwork before the meet.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Havisham shrugs his shoulders at the mention of the other job. "Is just a precaution I was instructed to perform. Although, if you folk do continue to work together, perhaps it would be prudent to establish the lines you are willing to cross, and the ones you will not."

He pockets the white noise generator, and begins to gather his things. "The GPS info of the location your client found has been sent to you. I believe you all have some work to do...unless you need to acquire certain tools and supplies, in which case I will be happy to assist how I can."

• Options
    "Gotta figure some of our IDs ain't gonna make the cut. Maybe you start working towards that, us who can get into that part of town do some recon in the meanwhile. Tomorrow. Or later." She stands and stretches, walking around the room a little before returning to her seat. She scratches behind her ear rapidly for several seconds.

• Options
    Havisham nods. "If you need ID materials, I know an artisan who can assist you. He goes by Fast Eddie. You can reach him at this commcode. I will say that he is quite...forward? I think that is the best word."

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Egos wrote: »

For some reason I assumed, Breach had told the group it was wetwork before the meet.

I have no idea what this means...

"I don't mind hurting people who try to hurt me, no." Breach answers honestly, "And I suppose I'd have no issue with hurting people who deserve it... but I'd like to be sure first."

"Speaking of which... when are we going after that drekhead Cabra? That guy deserves to be hurt..."

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    I have no idea either.

"Cabra definitely deserves it, but I vote we take care of paying work first."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    nobody here has played Hotline Miami really?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Bauta sighs.

"Those kind of jobs, as soon as you accept you basically waive your right to play judge and jury." Not making eye contact "You only get to be the third..." he says with a wry smile but his somber tone betrays it.

He stands up and tidies up his little area of the table. Prepping to leave.

Egos on
  • Options
    Sighing, Blackfish looks down at her empty drink. "Yeah, I don't that I'd be alright with just offing some random Joe. However, if we get a job to hunt down a real asshole, I'd probably be able to work with that."

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

I have no idea what this means...

"I don't mind hurting people who try to hurt me, no." Breach answers honestly, "And I suppose I'd have no issue with hurting people who deserve it... but I'd like to be sure first."

"Speaking of which... when are we going after that drekhead Cabra? That guy deserves to be hurt..."

"Yeah...that kind of unprofessional behavior could get a guy's leg blown off, am I right?"

• Options
    "That guy betrayed us, and sent a gang of thugs to kill us. And he made it personal, controlling my mind....his goon losing a leg was getting off easy...."

"OK, Havisham. I think our answer on wetwork is that if we can be sure the target deserves it, we'd be ok with it."

• Options
    Havisham raises an eyebrow. "It isn't often that that kind of information can be verified, however I will keep it in mind."

At this point the server returns to the room and asks if you all want anything else, or if you want to settle the tab.

• Options
    "One would probably be better off playing vigilante..." he remarks quickly before the server re-enters

"Think we're done here.." he says a bit uncertain as he looks to the others

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    "Thanks for the food, Havisham. I'll get to work on my end. I'll leave cyberspace to Dumah, I'm sure she can pull up more than we need. I can get to work on the physical legwork in casing this lab and popping in to see what's inside. Bauta, wanna join me?"

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    We are hitting an apartment?

• Options
    "Sure" Bauta responds immediately to Frost

Assume he meant lab?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    i thought there was mention of an apartment. its just labs

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Why would a slum require ID checkpoints? I guess with all the racism in SF it would an actual ghetto, and not just a slang term as its used today? Also, I had no idea Redmond had that...back in the 2e days it was just a terrible slum, not a prison neighborhood, right?

"Does anyone have any idea what this Funranium Labs does?" Breach asks, looking around. "And what's the deal with Oakland, anyway? Are us humans going to be welcome there or do we have to hide in the van?"

• Options
    edited March 2016
    "Well, considering how awkward and frail you humans are, I would suggest you always hide in the van." Laughing heartily at her off-color joke, Blackfish settles her tab and gets to her feet.

"Oh, can I get a ride out of the neighborhood? I may have stabbed someone while I was in the alley, and I don't want to deal with any 'friends' he might have rounded up."

Brody on

• Options
    People can feel free to make relevant knowledge checks about San Francisco for more info, or they can ask a contact that might know about that area.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    How orwellian SR actually is kind of slides under the radar in a lot of groups. You're actually being tracked MOST of the time in SR and the governments/Corps are really, really orwellian. Most groups just sort of gloss it because, well, imo because they're GM-ing for players that are used to fantasy pnp games where you barely have to get through a tavern meeting with a dwarf

"Yeah," says Dumah, "Let's get out of here. Fall back to some place where we can do some pre-gaming."

• Options
    edited March 2016
    As Dumah starts to speak Tantrum is about to breathe a sigh of relief, but it quickly turns to one of resignation. "Whatever. Where we headed?"

Maclay on
  • Options
    my working theory is Havisham is planning to screw us over . otherwise no reason to deal with people who are so unprofessional.

Bauta eyes Blackfish momentarily as she casually mentions stabbing someone in the alley.

"Home. We'll drop you off or wherever, while Cool Breeze and I will grab a nightcap."

He hopes the others are able to pick up on his general meaning, but there have seem to have been quite a few misunderstandings

"And yes..I'm using euphemisms"

• Options
    If you ordered food & drinks, take ¥20 off your sheet, for just drinks take ¥10.

So where are you folk adjourning to?

• Options
    More reason to dislike the elf, she didn't even pay for our meal.

I think Frost and I will head to the lab area ....since we have no ethical issues.

A bit unsure about the others

• Options
    Is two weeks an especially short amount of time for a job like this? I just feel like we rushed things last time and one of us ended up getting brain-jacked. A good night's rest (fingers crossed), meet somewhere away from prying eyes/ears, maybe come up with something approaching a solid plan...

• Options
    Maybe not walk in to the shop without any equipment across the whole group?

I mean, I think I need to get a better ID, probably.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    better IDs cost around 10,000 nuyen....so that will be a bit.

we can go somewhere and discuss things. It basically sounded like certain members ultimately are unwilling to go through with the mission should it come down to certain things

ITT Frost and my character were just gonna sneak and scope things out. I don't think the issue was rushing things, so much as being uncoordinated last time.

(My dude is really just trying to get out of the club for now.)

Egos on
  • Options
    Your group has on them clothing and gear that wouldn't raise eyebrows at a public business. Maybe not best suited to head into a Barrens.

Also if anything, two weeks is a luxurious timeframe to get a job done.

• Options
    Just for clarity, I'm pretty sure wetwork was initially brought up in relation to a different job that immediately went out the window at the first sign of uncertainty. We ended up with this job as a result.

• Options
    That is correct.

• Options
    well that explains a lot of my confusion

• Options
    edited March 2016

"You mean to tell me we aren't here to force the dwarf apprentice into indentured corporate servitude!?" -Bauta mid mission.

Can we roll navigation or anything to figure out a place that would be decent to talk? Seems like we should have a ...meeting area. But I doubt anyone wants to take a bunch of fake names to their home.

Not sure if this will work

Geth roll 6d6t5 for Shadow Community (safe places to talk in a group) w/ a white noise machine (or do you need one? regardless)

edit: :/

Shadow Community (safe places to talk in a group) w/ a white noise machine (or do you need one? regardless):
    6d6t5 1 [6d6t5=2, 5, 4, 4, 3, 1]

Egos on
  • Options
    @Egos:
    You know that there are many organizations and people dealing with the shadows that can offer temporary havens or warehouses...for a price, of course. You haven't met anyone personally offering this service to you, but most people that have any decent kind of pull should be able to arrange something.

• Options
    I feel no real need to upgrade my gear (yet) so as long as Breach can get back to his apartment, grab his shotgun and flash bangs...he's good to go.

Breach will pay his bill and make arrangements to meet up with Frost tomorrow somewhere neutral for a ride with the rest of the crew. He says his goodbyes and leaves, heading for the corner to hail a cab. Once back on his own turf, he'll pop into the café and see if that waitress is still working...

I suppose having a base of operations would be handy, but its not all that different than meeting up in a random park or whatever to talk. Less secure, maybe, but the randomness would help with that. Also...we could all chip in and buy Frost a bigger truck and have a mobile HQ :)

• Options
    As they walk out of the club, Bauta watches Breach walkaway.

He opens his jacket, his hand reaches ins out of habit for cigarette. He retracts when he realizes he will likely be entering someone else's car soon. He addresses those remaining in the group

"We should somewhere more private to discuss things assuming we stay together, even temporarily." Pausing "Unfortunately I don't know many people in San Fran, so I wouldn't be the one to hook us up." Tilting his head back to the club doors "Probably best to leave certain parties out if we can. To err on the side of caution"

Continuing to walk, he keeps anyone Blackfish may have pissed off or injured during her brief tenure in the alley.

geth roll 9d6t5 for Visual Perception is anyone out to get us

Visual Perception is anyone out to get us:
    9d6t5 2 [9d6t5=2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 4, 2, 6, 2]