As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TOURNAMENT ON] Eye of Judgment (ZORAK15 WINS)

• Options
    LaredenLareden Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Chorazin wrote: »
    rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. Chorazin - PSN: Chorazin

Winner: rkllama

The fuckin' Eye wouldn't read my cards for dick. This game is getting sold ASAP, I'm sick of fucking with it.
    I had a bit of trouble with it reading the cards on the far side of the board at first. More light fixed it but I didn't really want to have to mess with a awkward messy lighting setup every time I want to play.

I found changing the room lighting settings in the game did the trick. Changed it to blue and dark, now it reads the cards fine.

Lareden on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScynixScynix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Unfortunately, despite my opponents one (and only) message stating he'd be on tonight, I've yet to see him on PSN (Of course, I don't know his real PSN, so I can't exactly -watch- for him) and he hasn't responded to my message on here asking what his psn is.

No show, I guess.

Scynix on
  • Options
    bfigginsbfiggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lareden wrote: »
    Chorazin wrote: »
    rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. Chorazin - PSN: Chorazin

Winner: rkllama

The fuckin' Eye wouldn't read my cards for dick. This game is getting sold ASAP, I'm sick of fucking with it.
    I had a bit of trouble with it reading the cards on the far side of the board at first. More light fixed it but I didn't really want to have to mess with a awkward messy lighting setup every time I want to play.

I found changing the room lighting settings in the game did the trick. Changed it to blue and dark, now it reads the cards fine.

I had a Goldilocks setup.
    This room is too dim!
    (I go and get a lamp)
    There's too much glare on the cards!
    (I put the lamp on a bookshelf)
    This room is too dim!
    (I put the game mat up on a box)
    This is juuuust right!

Seriously, if I can make it work in my friend's living room, you can. He's got this crappy track lighting that's inset in the ceiling in the far corners of the room. A third of the bulbs are burnt out. It's hard to even read in there. I play by an old-style desk lamp with a single 100 watt bulb. I still have one field that doesn't read right, but that's just glare off the card protectors - I remove the protectors when I play that field, and it's fine.

bfiggins on
  • Options
    LaredenLareden Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scynix wrote: »
    Unfortunately, despite my opponents one (and only) message stating he'd be on tonight, I've yet to see him on PSN (Of course, I don't know his real PSN, so I can't exactly -watch- for him) and he hasn't responded to my message on here asking what his psn is.

No show, I guess.
    Funtownarcade said his name was Ryan31337 not Ryan313. Tw4win got my opponent's name wrong too, just check the person's posts if you got trouble.

Lareden on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ROUND 3 BEGINS NOW

Check the fist post for Round 3 parings. Let me know if you have any questions or problems ASAP.

Also, I know that this tournament hasn't gone as smoothly as we had all hoped. I think the main reason for that is the number of people who signed up and then didn't play. That will be taken care of next tournament as I have a list of people who flaked out this time. Also, I'll be looking at post counts so people with a low forum post count are going to initially be paired with others who have a low post count.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I are sad that I didn't make it, but I don't blame RedDawn. I didn't contact him until yesterday, and didn't try to add him as a friend until 6PM PST, and logged off at 11:30ish. Heck, I hope he's alright and just forgot to check the forums for the next round.

I'm still up for the next Tournament for sure! Thanks Tw4win for running the Tournament, it's awesome!

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    funtownarcadefuntownarcade Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Sorry Scynix I couldn't meet up in that timeframe, and my psn name was cut off on the front page :(

Maybe next time if someone disappears and the other person is here give them the win.

funtownarcade on
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Important: for those with conection problems

I don't know why I never thought of this earlier

I read here somewhere that someone played a match over the phone. Rather than resorting to that, why not invite your opponent to chat outside of EoJ. The Eye isn't just for EoJ online. With Chat you can have a match while being able to view eachother's mats. The field of view is not the largest, but you can hold cards up to the camera so there's no confusion as to what's being laid. Keep track of your mana, creature HP, and field elements. don't know what to do about Dodge attempts but you can work that out with your opponent. Flip a coin or something. True, without the official online system the possibility for cheating is there, but just make sure your deck and discards are on camera at all times... and don't be a douchebag.
    It's not the best way to play but definitely better than over the phone.

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Important: for those with conection problems

I don't know why I never thought of this earlier

I read here somewhere that someone played a match over the phone. Rather than resorting to that, why not invite your opponent to chat outside of EoJ. The Eye isn't just for EoJ online. With Chat you can have a match while being able to view eachother's mats. The field of view is not the largest but, you can hold cards up to the camera so there's no confusion as to what's being laid. Keep track of your mana, creature HP, and field elements. don't know what to do about Dodge attempts but you can work that out with your opponent. Flip a coin or something. True, without the official online system the possibility for cheating is there, but just make sure your deck and discards are on camera at all times... and don't be a douchebag.
    It's not the best way to play but definitely better than over the phone.

That's a fantastic idea.

Also, for the next tournament I'm toying with the idea of having everyone send me a PM with a valid email address. That way I can email people every round to make sure that they know they need to play. It will cut down on the no-shows.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wait, wait, why the hell is it my fault that my opponent never showed up to play?
    I won my first round match, and I'm eliminated because my opponent has scheduling issues?
    Wtf?

Scynix on
  • Options
    LupusYonderboyLupusYonderboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Looks like a little typo in the 3rd round roster.

LupusYonderboy - PSN: LupusYonderboy VS. Lareden - PSN: Lareden

is how it should read I think. Thanks for your infinite patience, Tw. :)

LupusYonderboy on
    "My other car is a Lupus!"
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait, wait, why the hell is it my fault that my opponent never showed up to play?
    I won my first round match, and I'm eliminated because my opponent has scheduling issues?
    Wtf?

That does seem a bit odd. I thought that the only people that would get knocked out for not playing were the ones in the B bracket, since they hadnt played a game at all by round 3.

If someone at least played/won a game in round 1 they should get a chance for round 3.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Looks like a little typo in the 3rd round roster.

LupusYonderboy - PSN: LupusYonderboy VS. Lareden - PSN: Lareden

is how it should read I think. Thanks for your infinite patience, Tw. :)

Fixed.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wtf?

That does seem a bit odd. I thought that the only people that would get knocked out for not playing were the ones in the B bracket, since they hadnt played a game at all by round 3.

If someone at least played/won a game in round 1 they should get a chance for round 3.

I disagree. I stated several times, including the 2nd post in this thread that there would be no more free passes. In fact, in Round 3, there was only 1 free pass given, and that was because of a mistake I made, not because the person couldn't connect or couldn't contact is opponent. The mistake was that I scheduled someone for two matches and didn't catch it until late in the round...

Anyway, The only reason that I gave out free passes in round 1 was because nearly 1/3 of the people who signed up for play forgot about the tournament or just didn't respond. I do realize that there is a problem with contacting people and it seems like the majority of the "no-shows' were people who don't normally frequent these boards. Future tournaments are going to take care of this problem as follows:

1) I have a list of people who flaked out of this tournament. They will not be allowed to enter future contests unless they give me a really, really good excuse and apology.

2) People entering future tournaments will be required to provide me with a valid email address via PM. That way I can email people each round and let them know that it's time to play.

I'm sorry that some of you feel like you got screwed over. You probably did. However, it was never my intent to screw people out of the tournament. I just needed to draw a line somewhere and Round 3 is where I decided to draw the line.

Regarding not being able to connect with your opponent, I'm disinclined to ever accept this as an excuse again. Some people actually played their matches via phone to make sure they completed round 2. Also, you can technically play the game over chat, as outlined a few posts back.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Uh? I never had a problem connecting?

And forgive me, but you stated you wouldn't give free passes because you wanted people to have played at least one round. I DID. I won my first round. I was eliminated in the second round because my opponent -wouldn't play-, not because we couldn't connect. He was busy.

Somehow this is my fault? Nice.
    Tw4win wrote:
    I want everyone in Round 3 to have at least played and won 1 match. It's only fair to those who will have beaten two opponents by that point. There will be other tournaments so if you continue to have connection issues please try to resolve them the best you can.

This is IN your first post. This is me to the t. I have one win. I would have happily played the second had my opponent shown up. I didn't choose for him to be MIA. And somehow I'm eliminated from round 3?

Scynix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Uh? I never had a problem connecting?

And forgive me, but you stated you wouldn't give free passes because you wanted people to have played at least one round. I DID. I won my first round. I was eliminated in the second round because my opponent -wouldn't play-, not because we couldn't connect. He was busy.

Somehow this is my fault? Nice.

No, it's not your fault. Blame your opponent if you want too but you certainly shouldn't blame me. The only issue I can see is that maybe I should have made it more clear when I stated that there would be no more "free passes" in Round 2. If you don't connect and play in round 2 you're out.

Same with Round 3. If you don't connect with your opponent and play in Round 3 you won't make it to Round 4. No Excuses.

I paired winners of round 1 with other winners of round 1 on purpose to keep this type of think from happening. Sadly, the luck of the draw gave you someone who didn't care about the tournament. There's not much I can do about that.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    I want everyone in Round 3 to have at least played and won 1 match. It's only fair to those who will have beaten two opponents by that point. There will be other tournaments so if you continue to have connection issues please try to resolve them the best you can.

Unfortunately, I think I do have to blame you in this case. You clearly implied round 3 would still allow people who at least won 1 round. It's IN the round 2 information posting.

So I wasn't screwed by my opponent, I was screwed by the distortion of "rules" that are apparently an at whim thing now.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I understand the necessity for rules, Tw4win, especially with how the turn out has been, but... this kind of thing is seriously bad rep.

Scynix on
  • Options
    zigxzigx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BTW and I'm not trying to complain about the way things are being handled. I think that TW is doing a great job of handling things for being the first tournament of this magnitude. However am I the only one who sees the inherent flaw of single elimination? Round 3 has 22 people in it, 11 matches. Now let's say every person manages to complete their matches, that will leave 11 winners correct? So next round we'd have 5 matches and 1 person left over? And since it's single elimination I'd imagine a Bye round is out of the question.

Not saying we need to turn around how things are being handled right now. Just wanted to make sure it'll be addressed in future tournaments. Otherwise I am having a great time with this current one!

zigx on
    The Unwound Show: BSing about Anime and Video Games 3 hours every Sunday at 5PM PST on Japan-a-Radio!

Also blatantly plugging my fundraiser site for Team in Training. Help wipe out Leukemia, Lymphoma and other blood cancers!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    zigx wrote: »
    BTW and I'm not trying to complain about the way things are being handled. I think that TW is doing a great job of handling things for being the first tournament of this magnitude. However am I the only one who sees the inherent flaw of single elimination? Round 3 has 22 people in it, 11 matches. Now let's say every person manages to complete their matches, that will leave 11 winners correct? So next round we'd have 5 matches and 1 person left over? And since it's single elimination I'd imagine a Bye round is out of the question.

Not saying we need to turn around how things are being handled right now. Just wanted to make sure it'll be addressed in future tournaments. Otherwise I am having a great time with this current one!

I noticed that too. I suspect we'll be OK. However, future tournaments will probably be double elim.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    single elimination is fine. the numbers are uneven because of all the dropouts.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ExhaleExhale Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not in the tournament anymore, but I noticed that in the third round there are 11 match ups. This means that the 4th round will have 11 people in it, meaning there is an uneven amount of matches. How is this going to work?

Exhale on
  • Options
    rklllamarklllama MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey, I checked my matches for Round 3 and saw something interesting:

rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. Fartwinky - PSN: Hotchik69
    rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. CHA0SiUM - PSN: CHA0SiUM

Don't know what you want to do about this. My Round 2 opponent forfeited because of camera trouble, so I'm fine with playing two matches. My suggestion is: I play both matches. If I win both, then we have no trouble. Both my opponents are eliminated, and then we only have ten people in the next round. If I loose both, Fartwinky and CHASiUM both get to advance and I'm eliminated. If I split my matches, then I get eliminated along with the person I beat. That way I sort of make up for the match that got forfeited to me. What do you think Tw4win? Plus, this way I get to play more, which is why I'm in this thing. Anyway, the nice thing is in three of the four possible outcomes two people get eliminated. (The only way only one person gets eliminated is if I loose both my matches.) Anyway, whatever you want to do, I thought that works though.

rklllama on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Exhale wrote: »
    I'm not in the tournament anymore, but I noticed that in the third round there are 11 match ups. This means that the 4th round will have 11 people in it, meaning there is an uneven amount of matches. How is this going to work?
    I'm guessing more dropouts and hopefully it will even out.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    rklllama wrote: »
    Hey, I checked my matches for Round 3 and saw something interesting:

rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. Fartwinky - PSN: Hotchik69
    rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. CHA0SiUM - PSN: CHA0SiUM

Don't know what you want to do about this. My Round 2 opponent forfeited because of camera trouble, so I'm fine with playing two matches. My suggestion is: I play both matches. If I win both, then we have no trouble. Both my opponents are eliminated, and then we only have ten people in the next round. If I loose both, Fartwinky and CHASiUM both get to advance and I'm eliminated. If I split my matches, then I get eliminated along with the person I beat. That way I sort of make up for the match that got forfeited to me. What do you think Tw4win? Plus, this way I get to play more, which is why I'm in this thing. Anyway, the nice thing is in three of the four possible outcomes two people get eliminated. (The only way only one person gets eliminated is if I loose both my matches.) Anyway, whatever you want to do, I thought that works though.

That sounds like the best approach.

Honestly, some of the "bookkeeping" for this tournament has been brutal.

It will be better next time.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    only1dougonly1doug Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i regret having missed the oppertunity to join this tournament, i hope that i can offer some of you a partial solution to connection problems:

i have made a new thread in the stupid technology subforum improving PS3 connections for gaming which may help with some of the EoJ connection issues. any comments should of course be directed in that thread not this one.

Good luck with the rest of the tournament everyone, nay the best player win!

only1doug on
  • Options
    rklllamarklllama MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Okay, sounds great.

Hopefully future tournaments will have less stress with the book keeping, but I do appreciate what you're doing, as I'm having a ton of fun with this one.

rklllama on
  • Options
    n8nmonstern8nmonster Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    rnd 3 - n8nmonster defeats sangretu

ggs again. :)

n8nmonster on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I wouldn't mind organizing a tourney after this one. It might be good for me - I play on a friend's PS3, so it's sometimes difficult for me to get over there, but running a tourney might be right up my alley. I'll put some thought into it.

bfiggins on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    bfiggins - PSN: bfiggins VS. spydey - PSN: WalkinPneumonia

Winner: spydey - PSN: WalkinPneumonia

Another great match that wasn't over until the last card. We had no issues and even had voice working. This game is so awesome when everything works.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So wait, I get eliminated out of round 2 for an opponent dropping, and he stays in the tournament because you messed up and put him against two opponents?

Isn't he supposed to be out of the tournament since his opponent is a no show?

Can we at least have some rules that we'll follow next time?

Scynix on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Here is my suggestion for the next tournament:

Do a non-elimination tournament. Use a program like the DCI reporter that Magic uses, and run like a 5 round tourney (more rounds depending on number of players... there is a standard used to get a clear top x number), cut to top 8. best of 3 matches for top 8, best of 5 for finals. This is the general style of tournament used in games like Magic, L5R, etc.

That style of tournament gives you a strength of schedule. A win gives 2 points, draw 1, loss 0. In the events of ties on points, the program gives a rating based on the points of the players you win against (so early losses will usually be worse than later ones, since later ones will be almost certainly against the winning players due to how pairings are worked out.) Opponents who drop are no shows are going to naturally have shitty rankings, so wins against them dont count for as much as against an opponent who continues playing.

This would be probably the best style of tournament for this environment. It keeps people from getting screwed over by no-shows (In the event of no game being played due to scheduling it can be reported as a Draw for 1 point each), and lets everyone keep playing for the duration of the tournament (it actually encourages them to do so).

This would actually help a bit on bookkeeping and round assignments and whatnot. The program actually does 90% of the work for you.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So wait, I get eliminated out of round 2 for an opponent dropping, and he stays in the tournament because you messed up and put him against two opponents?

Isn't he supposed to be out of the tournament since his opponent is a no show?

Can we at least have some rules that we'll follow next time?

Yeah, it was my mistake. I screwed up and scheduled him twice.

Rkllama came up with a valid solution to the problem. He wins both matches he's in. He loses both, he's out. If he splits then the guy who beat him is in, the guy Rklllama beat and Rklllama are both out.

These issues happen because multiple people report the win or the win is reported at multiple locations. I'm thinking about actually purchasing software to handle the scheduling of this stuff if I decide to continue the tournament.

Regarding Scynix, You're being a sore loser and it's starting to really piss me off. You're out of the tournament and nothing you say or do will get you back in at this point. I get it, you're upset. You're out because your opponent fucked up. I know, it sucks but I stated several times that would happen in round 2. I'm sorry there was some ambiguity with the way I stated some rules. However, the time to clarify that is during the round, not after you've been eliminated. If you have questions about something I write please ask them ASAP.

Next tournament will be better. We learn from our mistakes and it will be a much smoother operation next time.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Here is my suggestion for the next tournament:

Do a non-elimination tournament. Use a program like the DCI reporter that Magic uses, and run like a 5 round tourney (more rounds depending on number of players... there is a standard used to get a clear top x number), cut to top 8. best of 3 matches for top 8, best of 5 for finals. This is the general style of tournament used in games like Magic, L5R, etc.

That style of tournament gives you a strength of schedule. A win gives 2 points, draw 1, loss 0. In the events of ties on points, the program gives a rating based on the points of the players you win against (so early losses will usually be worse than later ones, since later ones will be almost certainly against the winning players due to how pairings are worked out.) Opponents who drop are no shows are going to naturally have shitty rankings, so wins against them dont count for as much as against an opponent who continues playing.

This would be probably the best style of tournament for this environment. It keeps people from getting screwed over by no-shows (In the event of no game being played due to scheduling it can be reported as a Draw for 1 point each), and lets everyone keep playing for the duration of the tournament (it actually encourages them to do so).

This would actually help a bit on bookkeeping and round assignments and whatnot. The program actually does 90% of the work for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like it and will look into it for next time.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    Regarding Scynix, You're being a sore loser and it's starting to really piss me off.

I'm relatively positive the phrase "sore loser" applies to people who lost. Seeing as you eliminated me despite your own statements to allow anyone with "at least one win" forward, the only logical conclusion I can have is that I'm a "sore eliminated by bad management". Or something to that effect.

I've pasted the quote twice. There was nothing 'ambigous" about it. It's basic math. If you're eliminated no matter what in Round 2- the statement "I want everyone to have played and won at least one round by round 3" would not have been necessary. You intended for anyone who won round one to stay in. Why you chose to eliminate me? I have no idea. At this point I can only assume it's because I'm one of those "new people" who joined up with the forum to participate in the EoJ discussion (prior to this tournament being announced if you check), and in turn it's easy to discriminate against newbies?

If I had failed to connect, show up, or even had connection issues I'd completely understand your stance. Don't misunderstand me. But I don't understand why you'd eliminate people who clearly intended to play, and actually -did- play.

I can't express the how flawed the logic that "Both players are eliminated if one no shows" is. Seriously.

Scynix on
  • Options
    TernalTernal Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Match: Whitewolfjm - PSN: Whitewolfjm VS. Ternal - PSN: Ternal

Winner: Ternal

Fun playin with ya man. Good game.

Ternal on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    Regarding Scynix, You're being a sore loser and it's starting to really piss me off.

I'm relatively positive the phrase "sore loser" applies to people who lost. Seeing as you eliminated me despite your own statements to allow anyone with "at least one win" forward, the only logical conclusion I can have is that I'm a "sore eliminated by bad management". Or something to that effect.

I've pasted the quote twice. There was nothing 'ambigous" about it. It's basic math. If you're eliminated no matter what in Round 2- the statement "I want everyone to have played and won at least one round by round 3" would not have been necessary. You intended for anyone who won round one to stay in. Why you chose to eliminate me? I have no idea. At this point I can only assume it's because I'm one of those "new people" who joined up with the forum to participate in the EoJ discussion (prior to this tournament being announced if you check), and in turn it's easy to discriminate against newbies?

If I had failed to connect, show up, or even had connection issues I'd completely understand your stance. Don't misunderstand me. But I don't understand why you'd eliminate people who clearly intended to play, and actually -did- play.

I can't express the how flawed the logic that "Both players are eliminated if one no shows" is. Seriously.

I'm not going to argue with you. It seems like you are the only person who has an issue with the way the free passes in Round 2 were handled. I was not, however, picking on you because you were new. Other people were eliminated as well and they seem to understand the situation and have no problem with it.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was nearly eliminated for the same reason, and despite having over 300 posts here over the last three years when I stopped lurking, I assure you that Tw4win had zero mercy for me either when I PM'd him. In fact he mentioned that he needed to be impartial.

I got lucky and managed to convince my opponent to stay up past his bed time.

All that to say, yeah, I would have been pissed to get kicked out of the tournament for no fault of my own after winning round 1. I understand feeling unjustly disqualified.

What I don't understand is what you hope to accomplish by calling out the person that set this up and managed it for no personal gain. This is the first one, and we live and learn. I'm guessing this won't be a problem next time, as solutions have been suggested. I still appreciate the tournament being hosted and look forward to more. Maybe you don't want to think long-term, and maybe you just want to hear someone else acknowledge that getting DQ'd sucks. Well that's accomplished. Any continued pissing is really useless.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zorak15 wrote: »
    Any continued pissing is really useless.
    *grumbles* It makes me feel better. >=/

I surrender to Zorak's logic. :|

Scynix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    spydey wrote: »
    bfiggins - PSN: bfiggins VS. spydey - PSN: WalkinPneumonia

Winner: spydey - PSN: WalkinPneumonia

Another great match that wasn't over until the last card. We had no issues and even had voice working. This game is so awesome when everything works.

Yeah, I forgot that I was in check. I could have rotated my assassin with Beguiling Fog and attacked...but, meh. Too little and too late, especially with my lycanthrope getting possessed. I'm just pissed at myself for forgetting the rules of the game. I wish the game reminded you more when you were in check...then again, it goes 'CHECK', puts up a glowing 'check' sign on every space, and speeds up the music. Maybe a big warning should come up whenever I try to play a card - "Dude, you know you HAVE to kill something this round, right?"

However, I do have to say that this was, by far, my most effortless match on a technical level. I went online, spydey joined right in, we got voice chat running, it was great. It was a big change from my previous match, where it took like a half hour just to connect to each other. Weird.

By the way, I've been having a problem. Whenever the PS3 comes online (not just for EoJ), it kicks everything else in the house offline - just for a second. Then everything can get back online together. Anyone else get that?

bfiggins on
  • Options
    IcepickIcepick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So theoretically speaking, if a persons opponent isn't contactable in any way, what is stopping the person who DID show up from just saying that they won the match, if you are going to eliminate people who's opponents are no-shows?

Icepick on
    sig.jpg