As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    With X Men you also don't need an origin story to explain why they can shoot fire from their balls. They just can. Mutant. Hooray!

I don't know, I've never found it to be a problem in X Men in the way it was in say, Ultron

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Final trailer of X-Men: Apocalypse is here!

I really like it, i really want to belive it will be great movie, but i see no way that this movie won't end up suffering because of too many characters / too little time.

Another problem - where do you go with a franchise from here? Every next villain will be a step down in comparison to Apocalypse.

I am predicting some sort of soft reset of the universe via time shenanigans...they need to do something about having to recast Wolverine very, very soon.

Just replace Wolverine with X23!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I really like it, i really want to belive it will be great movie, but i see no way that this movie won't end up suffering because of too many characters / too little time.

Another problem - where do you go with a franchise from here? Every next villain will be a step down in comparison to Apocalypse.

I am predicting some sort of soft reset of the universe via time shenanigans...they need to do something about having to recast Wolverine very, very soon.

you know that women can't be the leads in action movies! That's just ridiculous!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Maybe actually give the Phoenix Saga it's own movie instead of just being a B-plot in a shit movie

Frankly any Phoenix Saga that doesn't include the Hellfire Club can screw right off, so yeah, I'd be down for them trying to do it right this time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I was kinda disappointed when Spider-Man wasn't Death, but oh well, whatcha gonna do?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Man there is nothing that I hate more than the idea that every sequel needs to somehow up the ante

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

Now I'm trying to think of someone fitting to play her. Someone with broad shoulders and a somewhat hard/austere face preferably.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I was kinda disappointed when Spider-Man wasn't Death, but oh well, whatcha gonna do?

The Inevitable Spider-death.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm not sure matching her physical characteristics is even that important, since we've got Channing "Man Mountain" Tatum playing Gambit.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    THE HYPE MACHINE STARTS UP...

EDIT: there was a twitter post from Marvel here about Iron Fist but it's been deleted...hmm

Agent M says he's working on making the tweet visable again.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I don't think the appearance of the actor matters too much.

• Options
    Anna Kendrick as X-32, blammo!

Thought maybe she'd be better as, like, Carol Danvers? IDK I just want to see Anna Kendrick in the Marvelverse.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Anna Kendrick as X-32, blammo!

Thought maybe she'd be better as, like, Carol Danvers? IDK I just want to see Anna Kendrick in the Marvelverse.

Jen?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Shelley Hennig would probably be my X-23 pick, off the top of my head

Although honestly I'd want them to go younger than I believe she is

• Options
    Also I don't think anyone actually posted it here yet

So yeah, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Oh and at least you have Alpha Flight, Wolverine and Deadpool. We have Ulysses Klaw.

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

A guy whose last name is impossible in dutch syntax and his first name is used by less than 5 people (according to the national naming database. Less than 5 means "there probably is no one, but there could be somebody).

Are you... trying to say that there are only five people named Ulysses in Canada
    That seems unlikely
    It's a big country

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh and at least you have Alpha Flight, Wolverine and Deadpool. We have Ulysses Klaw.

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

A guy whose last name is impossible in dutch syntax and his first name is used by less than 5 people (according to the national naming database. Less than 5 means "there probably is no one, but there could be somebody).

Are you... trying to say that there are only five people named Ulysses in Canada
    That seems unlikely
    It's a big country

No, Ulysses Klaw is from Belgium.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

That seems unlikely
    It's a big country

Not Canada, the Netherlands.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Marvel confirmed the casting of Finn Jones as Danny Rand

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    honovere wrote: »

Now I'm trying to think of someone fitting to play her. Someone with broad shoulders and a somewhat hard/austere face preferably.

@Calamity Jane

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    ....yaaaaaaay....

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Also I don't think anyone actually posted it here yet

So yeah, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

HAVOK!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Which is just an extra dumb way to say Kevin Smith is going to insert himself into his 'Flash' episode.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The fact that that trailer has a goddamned Coldplay song and not Time After Time or something tells me they have no idea how to properly sell this movie to me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The fact that that trailer has a goddamned Coldplay song and not Time After Time or something tells me they have no idea how to properly sell this movie to me

Yeah, the movie is set in the 80s, it should be all 80s music in the ads and in the movie.

• Options

There's a bunch of fitting 80s songs they could have used that would have been better than Coldplay.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Marvel confirmed the casting of Finn Jones as Danny Rand
    For a second I thought you meant John Boyega, and was super pumped.

• Options
    Man I dunno, Coldplay or not, that movie sold me a ticket quite a while ago.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

That seems unlikely
    It's a big country

Did they retcon that? He used to be from the Netherlands (born in Vlaardingen, studied in Delft).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Currently I'm only seeing it on how strong Days of Future Past was

Everything they've been showing of the actual movie makes me want to skip it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    is Wolverine even in the new X-men movie? didn't see him in the trailer at all.

• Options
    Logan will be in it to some extent, I saw it on Huge Jackedman's imdb page the other day. Whether it's a legit appearance or a cameo..?

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Currently I'm only seeing it on how strong Days of Future Past was

Everything they've been showing of the actual movie makes me want to skip it

Yeah, but think of it this way, a bunch of people here were down on DoFP before it came out because of the perception of its grimdarkness and the rumor that a bunch of X-Men get the fuck murdered out of them at the beginning.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    You know, it really wouldn't be an X-Men movie without a bunch of awkwardly posed magazine covers featuring all of the characters

x-men-apocalypse-empire-covers-full-pic_zpsuo3d52fj.jpg

Yeah

Yeah, that hits the spot

Straightzi on
  • Options

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

That seems unlikely
    It's a big country

Did they retcon that? He used to be from the Netherlands (born in Vlaardingen, studied in Delft).

No, I probably just mixed up my facts. I don't know a ton about Ulysses Klaw.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    bottom center, behind Psylocke.

who's that? Moira?

e: and I'm sorry, but those suits are crap. They are absolute crap. Someone buy Bryan Singer a Crayola 64 pack or something. Even navy would have been better than just plain black.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    bottom center, behind Psylocke.

who's that? Moira?

Yup!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The 4mb spot

This discussion has been closed.