As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Superman inadvertently snaps neck of Rotten Tomatoes score.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Thor and Sam are definitely buddies though and he is also with Tony

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Isn't Alpha Flight all Canadian?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Alpha Flight now basically SWORD, aka, SHIELD for Space, led by Carol and Abigail Brand.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Thor and Sam are definitely buddies though and he is also with Tony

So being with Cap means you're with Tony now?

Oh brave new world, that has such people in it...

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

• Options
    The new TMNT game won't have local co op

I can get that decision as a platinum game is usually pretty insane to look at and sharing one screen could get very incomprehensible

But I was planning on playing through it with my friends and online isn't an option for us so I will take a pass

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Alpha Flight now basically SWORD, aka, SHIELD for Space, led by Carol and Abigail Brand.

they're still also Canadian

that's right world, we've got you covered.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Only Puck, Sasquatch and Aurora!

It's a UN operation, isn't it?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Uh excuse me but isn't Weapon Alpha Canadian? He's got a damn maple leaf on his tights!

Maybe he just loves hockey, though. I never actually read the comics, just collected Marvel cards...in 1989.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So I guess there are spoilers out there for Batman v Superman now, someone I follow on twitter linked to some stuff. Im actually kind of really excited now.

Although it could be all bullshit.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think he got killed by yetis

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Speaking of Medusa and Marvel being on a team, can anyone explain to me why Nico has a robot arm? When did that happen? I'm surprised Singularity didn't ask about it either, she was more confused by Dazzler's new haircut.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    A Mage with a robot arm?

Preposterous, cybertech that invasive would be a huge essence hit

Maddoc on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Is it a robot arm or just kinda metal/gauntleted? 'Cause she did lose an arm in Avengers Arena and then got a wicked metal magic arm thingy.

• Options
    Well it's a metal arm. It seems really out of place.

I guess that explains that, though. Everything I've read about that Arena thing has seemed really bad, wasn't it an offshoot of another bad event?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Well it's a metal arm. It seems really out of place.

I guess that explains that, though. Everything I've read about that Arena thing has seemed really bad, wasn't it an offshoot of another bad event?

Nah I think it was a standalone attempt to cynically cash in on the hunger games dad, at the expense of some less popular c listers

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

nah, totally (at least originally) Canadian, overseen by "Department H" which was basically Canada's SHIELD. Their first appearance was a mission to capture Wolverine and return him to the Canadian government. They're basically our only superhero team.

• Options

nah, totally (at least originally) Canadian, overseen by "Department H" which was basically Canada's SHIELD. Their first appearance was a mission to capture Wolverine and return him to the Canadian government. They're basically our only superhero team.
    No I mean current Alpha Flight

It seems to be a different operation than the past incarnations of Alpha Flight

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Avengers Arena was an excellent series and one of the best of the original Marvel Now relaunch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    it's all we've got, don't take it from us

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Avengers Arena was self-contained. It upset a lot of people because several characters were killed (often times unceremoniously), but it introduced some pretty great characters, made Cammi from Drax/Annihilation awesome, and actually had Arcade be a serious threat for a change.

The following up, Avengers Undercover, didn't really go anywhere and had a pretty terrible use of Zemo.

• Options
    Hey Old Man Logan is still around

And

Uh

Uh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ...Deadpool, the guy who just made like a billion dollars?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    You mean Ninja Spider-Man?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    You mean skullpoopL?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

And

Uh

Uh

How is the nationality of clones determined? Same as the original? Location of the cloning facility?

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

And

Uh

Uh

How is the nationality of clones determined? Same as the original? Location of the cloning facility?
    I would say the latter

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Depending on whether the countries follow jus sanguinis or jus soli, I'd say.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »

Would Laura then have a double citizenship?

• Options
    Oh and at least you have Alpha Flight, Wolverine and Deadpool. We have Ulysses Klaw.

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

A guy whose last name is impossible in dutch syntax and his first name is used by less than 5 people (according to the national naming database. Less than 5 means "there probably is no one, but there could be somebody).

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Would Laura then have a double citizenship?

I'd guess so, but IANAL (adjusted for superhero thread:

LcSpfLW.png

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Oh and at least you have Alpha Flight, Wolverine and Deadpool. We have Ulysses Klaw.

Ulysses bloody Klaw.

A guy whose last name is impossible in dutch syntax and his first name is used by less than 5 people (according to the national naming database. Less than 5 means "there probably is no one, but there could be somebody).

Maybe it is an alias.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

AMERICA

• Options
    Oh my gosh this ANAD Avengers preview
    AVEN2015007-int2-1-9e7f9.jpg
    AVEN2015007-int2-2-a3bbb.jpg
    AVEN2015007-int2-3-7bf2a.jpg
    AVEN2015007-int2-4-e16b2.jpg

<3 The Vision

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Final trailer of X-Men: Apocalypse is here!

I really like it, i really want to belive it will be great movie, but i see no way that this movie won't end up suffering because of too many characters / too little time.

Another problem - where do you go with a franchise from here? Every next villain will be a step down in comparison to Apocalypse.

• Options
    Maybe actually give the Phoenix Saga it's own movie instead of just being a B-plot in a shit movie

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    That reminds me. Need to finish up Ms. Marvel from before Battleworld.

Oh hey, you still can't get the digital version of the last issue online. It only came out in October. Marvel, why don't you want my money?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Final trailer of X-Men: Apocalypse is here!

I really like it, i really want to belive it will be great movie, but i see no way that this movie won't end up suffering because of too many characters / too little time.

Another problem - where do you go with a franchise from here? Every next villain will be a step down in comparison to Apocalypse.

I am predicting some sort of soft reset of the universe via time shenanigans...they need to do something about having to recast Wolverine very, very soon.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    X Men has traditionally done ok with the too many characters thing because it's an ensemble thing rather than a collection of heroes who could support their own comics.

• Options
    I dunno, the way they solved the problem of too many characters in DoFP was that most of those characters were barely in the movie, and in First Class it was "these other characters are going to get about three lines a piece and an 80s style training montage if they're lucky and that's it because this movie isn't actually about them"

I think Apocalypse has a small enough cast that they can probably do the ensemble thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the characters end up severely lacking in characterization either.

This discussion has been closed.