Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    About what was he right? Because I've heard of people being right about things as vague and predictable as "the next game will have new forms for existing Pokemon".

He said that there was going to be one before it was announced, if I remember right. Other older members on the site have some respect for that guy, he's been right about something else too. I believe he is not a leaky type guy, he just says vague stuff (don't want to get in trouble or doesn't want to ruin surprises?). Oh, and Neogaf has apparently a pretty strict rules about these kind of things, people get banned from there if they are just trolling, faking leaks and stuff.

That one person looks like an ok guy, from what I've read his posts. Not the usual type of gaf member.

But, prepare your salt trucks and all that. Although there is bound to be some info before E3, Nintendo has practically said so themselves.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Hell controllers nowadays seem kinda cheap. When I got my PS4 the charging cable they gave me was like 2ft long. When I bought another controller it didn't even have the charging cable with it. So right now I have two controllers and one charging cable and have to swap them out from time to time.

At least the Gamepad's charging cable is like 6ft long so I can plug it in the wall and have it reach me.

You don't have a million microUSB cables around? I think I've gotten one with every non-apple gadget I've bought in the last five years.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    We will probably get a Direct before E3 just so that they can remind us all to be at E3. Remember the amazing muppets from last year?

Also, in regards to Wii U production: I don't think Nintendo would announce this early regardless of if it is accurate or not. It's not something you announce ahead of time as it would impact sales and the resolve of shareholders. It's kinda silly to shoot yourself in the foot while you're preparing to transition.

Of course, this is always Nintendo we're talking about. Standard industry expectations need not apply. They might open a chain of burger joints tomorrow for all we know.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Statements like 'There will be info before E3' aren't very illuminating.

Also, I would totes go to Nintendo Burger. Nothing like a Banana Slamma Ice Cream Sandwich after a Wiimote Dog and GBA Cart Fries.

edzepp on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Federation Force-brand chips.

Coated in 100% Naturally-produced Salt.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    A Gamepad Pizza. Slightly unwieldy, and it's a pricey add on to the console meals, but it's damn tasty.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    We will probably get a Direct before E3 just so that they can remind us all to be at E3. Remember the amazing muppets from last year?

Hell yes I do. Those were great.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Hell controllers nowadays seem kinda cheap. When I got my PS4 the charging cable they gave me was like 2ft long. When I bought another controller it didn't even have the charging cable with it. So right now I have two controllers and one charging cable and have to swap them out from time to time.

At least the Gamepad's charging cable is like 6ft long so I can plug it in the wall and have it reach me.

You don't have a million microUSB cables around? I think I've gotten one with every non-apple gadget I've bought in the last five years.

Nope, unfortunately. I'd rather they have included another 2ft long cable at least so I could charge two at once instead of one at a time.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Nintendo denies the report.

I can't read Japanese to parse the source myself, though.

I do read Japanese. :)

The original article, at

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLZO98745680T20C16A3TI5000/?dg=1

任天堂は主力の据え置き型ゲーム機「Wii U」の生産を年内にも終了する。

"Nintendo will be ending production of its flagship game machine, the Wii U, by the end of the year"

It's kind of cut and dry. It goes on from there to explain that poor software sales led Nintendo to decide that there was not a chance of turning around sales and talks about the upcoming game system.

Anecdote fueled rant
    While I wasn't exactly expecting anything else, I can't help being a little bit furious about how I get the impression the Nintendo designed, developed and launched the Wii U ... watched its poor sales numbers and started planning for the future.
    I know my experiences are anecdotal, but ... as far as I can remember, I have not seen a single ad for the Wii U, or any of its games, outside of places that sell or review them.
    Of the people I consider to be not just the target market, but perfect audience, for LEGO City, none know the game exists, and only a few remember that new Mario console I told them about a while back.
    Bayonetta (1&2!!!), Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, the Zelda HD remakes, Splinter Cell Blacklist should be enough to get any of my friends to buy one.
    Instead, they don't know the Wii U exists.
    But, hey, I guess that's where I come in . . . nah.

Damn it, Nintendo!
    You can't just lunch and hope for a hit. (Like with the Wii.)
    You actually have to tell people why your product/service is great, and why people should want it.

I . . . I just love my Wii U so much ... and want others to too ...

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    What Nintendo should do: take MS at their word and say that they'll be working to make all online games on the NX crossplay with Xbox. So if they both get CoD or Madden, you can join online with the MUCH larger LIVE community and play seamlessly. You've been given a gift Nintendo, please understand.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grebnu wrote: »
    About what was he right? Because I've heard of people being right about things as vague and predictable as "the next game will have new forms for existing Pokemon".

He said that there was going to be one before it was announced, if I remember right.

Hot scoop from guy who said there'd be a new Pokemon game before it is announced:

Nintendo will reveal their new console at some point in the next three months

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    New announcements of stuff right before E3?

Well I never *clutches pearls*

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Better to announce stuff before E3 before it all leaks anyway.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Better to announce stuff before E3 before it all leaks anyway.

You mean like this?

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I doubt it, but if that were the real NX, then I can only pray Nintendo will go 3rd party soon.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    No, no it isn't.

It could be a prototype for anything from anyone. No way in hell that is even CLOSE to the next major console controller. There is just... no. Nintendo isn't retarded.

I can't allow doubt, lol.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah, I can't see Nintendo being that blind. They know the Wii U was a misstep. There's no way they'd not only double down on the gamepad, but also make it less functional.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    That's the prototype for the new "Gamepad Slim"

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't see Nintendo being that blind. They know the Wii U was a misstep. There's no way they'd not only double down on the gamepad, but also make it less functional.

Honestly that kind of design would only function for very few games that specifically supported it. Even if the buttons go digitally on the screen it literally removes the purpose.

Something like that reminds me of like a future gamepad for some kind of arcade toy that "comes packed with 20 games!"

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yea, I hope it's fake.

The nubs look like Nipples with areolas. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ah, back to the N64 and GameCube roots.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    That's either a much smaller controller than I imagined when I saw other "leaks", or a much bigger laptop than I am accustomed to (also possible because I know there are some pretty big laptops out there).

Anyway, I really hate touchscreen buttons and one of my favorite things about Nintendo controllers is that they almost always seem to have really nice buttons, so if its real it is a pretty quick way to get me disinterested unless the controller is some sort of conveyance medium for pure, unadulterated magic.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    No, no it isn't.

It could be a prototype for anything from anyone. No way in hell that is even CLOSE to the next major console controller. There is just... no. Nintendo isn't retarded.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/12/nintendo-touchscreen-controller-patent-offers-clues-about-upcoming-nx/

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I believe it.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    These fake NX controllers continue to look exactly like the patent image that floated about earlier and nothing final ever looks like the patent image

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I mean, the Wii U patent is pretty dead on. Just missing the round edges

Nintendo-Wii-U-Patent-Image-300x300.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty trusting of nintendo. I know some people hate gimmicks but I've really enjoyed everything they've done (even Virtual Boy!). I love the WiiU gamepad and all the Ds with the 3DS

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      These fake NX controllers continue to look exactly like the patent image that floated about earlier and nothing final ever looks like the patent image

It's a dev kit, and often the dev kit or prerelease hardware will look a lot like the patent image.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
      Those are 3DS style circle pads right? I can see that replacing how absolutely godawful it is to use touch screen input controls. It mentions portions of the screen simply turning off to have a more traditional rectangle viewing area, so backwards compatibility (if it has it) will most likely do that. Seems like it uses just the twin circle pads, possibly 2/4 shoulder buttons, and then touch screen / touch screen "buttons" for the remaining input.

Interesting. I want to play around with it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    • Options
      ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
      No, no it isn't.

I think that there's even the potential to doubt that's fake says a lot about the current state of Nintendo. But no, it just can't be the real deal. My thinking is it's some knockoff Chinese peripheral that just happened to have an NX on the box.

• Options
      reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
      I just want to know if it really is the rumored console/handheld hybrid or if it's just yet another gimmick controller.

• Options
      TairuTairu Registered User regular
      I believe in Nintendo's ability to make good games with whatever goofy controller they put out, but like... they must realize they're going to fall down the rabbit hole of no third party support again, right?

• Options
      reVerse wrote: »
      I just want to know if it really is the rumored console/handheld hybrid or if it's just yet another gimmick controller.
      From Reddit:
      w5cWvVy.png

Also, from Game Informer EIC:
      W7PEAoS.png
      GeHnlMZ.png

Someone made this mockup, and if it can work like this and fit into a shell with real buttons, I think I'd be fine with it, especially with Wii U backwards compatibility:

6VxLU86.jpg

• Options
      heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
      God. that looks AWFUL! Don't put the friggin' analog sticks on the screen because then you obscure a good portion of it because of your hands as well.

M A G I K A Z A M
    • Options
      Detective ninjas online, I swear.

4ZQA5vQ.png

• Options
      edited March 2016
      Why the hell didn't they fill the entire surface of the screen in that mock-up. D: Nevermind, looks like the screen has a bottom bar to it.

Talith on
      7244qyoka3pp.gif
    • Options
      Talith wrote: »
      Why the hell didn't they fill the entire surface of the screen in that mock-up. D:

As you can see on the dev kit, the screen doesn't go all the way down, there's a slice missing across the bottom.

• Options
      GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
      IF that is real, then of course the extra screen around the nubs is for digital buttons with some kind of voodoo feedback thing.

And it is the dev kit, so it can be different from the final product. And it is actually decent sized, compare that to the Gamepad you all have. It is almost as wide as the pad.

And finally, that looks awesome, I want to caress those curves so much.

All aboard the HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEE TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN!

Please?

• Options
      I could see this screen disabling mode being used a lot until Nintendo themselves show compelling ways of using the all screen mode:

nx13.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    • Options
      They've got a lot to prove, to make people confident in the design. I'm sure sizzle reels will help get that across like they did with Wii and Wii U. But then again, we also know how a lot of the demonstrated uses for the technology often end up never being used (like Wii U screen as a tee for your golf ball for some reason).