Options

[MSPA & Undertale] Yes, Homestuck is actually over | Vol. 10 out now

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    You know what could be fun? If all the newbie Undertalers started reading Homestuck now see how far they get until conclusion. I kind of want to see how Lauren likes it.

If nothing else, the first three acts are relatively compact and tell a semi-coherent story by themselves, and the trolls don't come into focus yet. The end of act 3 animation is pretty much where I fell in love with the comic.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Took me awhile but I finally discovered the joy of temmie remixes.
    I know this song turned into a joke what with the Daredevil and the AMV's and the Hot Topic

And it's a good joke!
    I still kind of like the song though

There's a demo version out there without the spoken (shouten) parts. It's vastly better, imo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Evanescence is one of my guilty pleasures.

That thing you'll tell random strangers on the internet about but pretend you never heard of it in real life.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Lauren what do you know of handia

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    farg no

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah you gotta ease them in with the Mock Mother first.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    How the fuck is that easing them in

You've lost all perspective!

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ive got my fan yeti ready

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    No you rope them in by getting them invested in their fanyetis.

Edit: God damnit I can't believe I wasn't the first person to talk about fanyetis.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I remember which animation got me hooked now!

It was WV: Ascend.

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    i can't believe how fricken quickly this nice undertale thread became trash the moment homestuck updated

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It was always trash. It's just not lying to itself now.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    VickyBit wrote: »
    i can't believe how fricken quickly this nice undertale thread became trash the moment homestuck updated

Our persistent garbage habits show no signs of payoff.

• Options
    I think I first became aware of homestuck while it was still part of the webcomics thread, saw some of the WV post-apocalyptic stuff then saw some of the early Jade pages where she was walking down her tower full of weird stuff and became curious how it went from the WV panels to those.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ugh, I don't know why, but hearing about an update is kind of acting like more of a barrier between me and taking the time to get caught up.

It's like I was "oh I'm a few updates behind. I'll just get caught up later before it updates again in April". And now it's like "welp, I failed to get caught up in time. Guess I'll give up."

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Ugh, I don't know why, but hearing about an update is kind of acting like more of a barrier between me and taking the time to get caught up.

It's like I was "oh I'm a few updates behind. I'll just get caught up later before it updates again in April". And now it's like "welp, I failed to get caught up in time. Guess I'll give up."

Well, within a few weeks there will be no more updates, so the goalposts are about to stop moving for good.

• Options
    I think I first became aware of homestuck while it was still part of the webcomics thread, saw some of the WV post-apocalyptic stuff then saw some of the early Jade pages where she was walking down her tower full of weird stuff and became curious how it went from the WV panels to those.

The first iteration of this thread got me into it. Like, I had to know what comic was massively popular enough to warrant its own thread.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

Well, within a few weeks there will be no more updates, so the goalposts are about to stop moving for good.

Oh man, if I don't get caught up before then, I may never do it. Because then I'll never get to discuss it with people as it happens.

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    VickyBit wrote: »

Combine the mega/giga/omegapauses and we've got about two years of repressed behavior to puke up and we only have about two weeks to get it out.

Also the respective media kinda skews it a little, Undertale lets everyone live and makes sure you befriend each one.
    Homestuck starts with killing everyone on Earth and kinda descends from there.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    An unmentionable site about certain predictable aspects of entertainment led me into the direction of homestuck. From there it was its wiki and it all went downhill.

I had the luxury of getting involved right at the beginning of the downtime for cascade. My first consistent set of updates was act 6.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I have a sudden strong urge to reread Homestuck from the beginning.
    Alas, there is absolutely no way I will get through it all by the time it finishes up. Even if I read it at work.

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    I started reading back at the end of Problem Sleuth. The forum was going crazy because "the fan is on" and I had to figure out what people were talking about. What a weird, wild trip it's been since then.

My god, I've spent too much of my life lurking on these forums.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Honestly I can't help but feel like we're rushing to the end here.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    that god damn fan
    the most hideously old-school-adventure-game puzzle in a narrative based entirely around the kind of old-school-adventure-game puzzles that killed old school adventure games

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    What I really want to know is will they ever get unstuck from their homes?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Honestly I can't help but feel like we're rushing to the end here.

It's hard to tell with all the huge breaks

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Okay yeah Homestuck is cool and all but consider the following

tumblr_o3bn6yQVb21rcutqxo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_o3bn6yQVb21rcutqxo2_400.jpg
    tumblr_o3bn6yQVb21rcutqxo3_400.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o3bn6vEqGC1ru7dzz_500.png

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Ebott is Kantonese for Moon

• Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    Here is my personal experience with Homestuck:
    1. Once upon a time I read webcomics and some of my friends (including TigerCrush) read MSPA and sometimes I read/played it (???) and then there was this one that seemed bigger than the others but I didn't really poke at it too much and I'm pretty sure that was the start of Homestuck?
    2. My photographer coworker is apparently Hussie's cousin or something and she's the one who said "Oh, Lauren, you know nerd things on the internet. Do you know my cousin's ... comic ... thing? I think it's called Housebound?"
    3. There were a lot of gray children with yellow horns running around anime conventions for a very, very, very long time.
    4. Somebody I now know was apparently involved with the music team and he tried explaining the music team to me a few weeks ago. Prior to that I was not aware of there being a music team. I did not realize there were animations, either. I learned so much about Homestuck behind-the-scenes over a three-hour Twitter DM conversation but I still don't really understand.
    5. Undertale.

Unfortunately, I have to finish my master's thesis so I can't get sucked into the black hole right now. :(

I'm glad you guys are having fun! It sounds like this is a very exciting time for you. Kind of like being a little kid waiting for Santa or the Easter Bunny or the tooth fairy except you're going to wind up with pages and animations and music (is this right?) instead of mysterious presents and half-eaten snacks!

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    We are going to receive, for the first time without a shadow of a doubt, and ending.

Something most never even thought WOULD happen, let alone could happen.

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    well i mean homestuck updates are pretty much exactly like 'mysterious presents and half-eaten snacks' when you think about it, really

• Options
    I own somewhere around 18 and a half hours of Homestuck related music.

Note: that is not all of it.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm honestly not entirely convinced that this is actually going to be the end of Homestuck

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'm honestly not entirely convinced that this is actually going to be the end of Homestuck
    I am.

Hussie's productivity has dropped off a lot, which I mean that was inevitable given the ridiculous rate in the old days but for many years his life was Homestuck. And not like how most people's lives are something, but like 24/7 absorption into Homestuck. I don't think he's sick of Homestuck as like...a universe or whatever, but I think he wants to put the main Homestuck story to bed so he can focus on other projects.

Hell, the updates for this week aren't even drawn by him: he got guest artists to do that, which I think is fairly rare for non-flash updates. I think that's a sign that he really doesn't want to draw this out any longer. It's time for Homestuck the Comic to end.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Undertale opening as a storybook
    (some spoilers for Neutral/Pacifist ending)

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    From Toby:

tumblr_lloiq5rDQS1qjxbkwo1_1280.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    D E H U M A N I Z E Y O U R S E L F A N D F A C E T O H O M E S T U C K

This discussion has been closed.