Options

Animation [Chat]

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @bloodyroarxx got a reply from the Dark Souls peeps and I don't think you're going to like their answer:
    Apologies for my confusion! All Add-ons and Retailer Bonus Unlocks will be available from retailers and ourselves here at Steamforged Games upon general release, and be packaged seperately. Hope this answers your question, sorry again!

So yeah, looks like all the stretch goal stuff will be packaged separately

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    P10
    p10_zps7vj7trlv.jpg

Are you happy now.

Has this sated your bloodlust.
    destroy the empire
    blood and thunder

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Should I play Dark Souls or Uncharted tonight? Pretty much polar opposites in terms of gameplay experiences.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qeNasdgBFU

Sometimes you don't need a big CGI fight scene to prepare my body for heart pumping action.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    40 lub dumbbell rows
    2 sets of 10 pushups without failing out

Are these... Gains?

My noodly arms say "maybe"

Also should pushups be working my abs and lower back? Does that mean my form is bad or that I'm starting to get it right, nice and straight?

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    P10
    p10_zps7vj7trlv.jpg

Are you happy now.

Has this sated your bloodlust.
    destroy the empire
    blood and thunder

Somehow I unlocked Ruina Imperii without actually dismantling the HRE.

I reckon I ought to dismantle it for uh karmic purposes.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Remember push up pops? That sounds good.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    But probably the best out of all of them is CD Projekt Red when it comes to telling the story.
    I would post the cinematic trailer for Witcher 3 but there are naked mammaries in it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

With the Flintstones branding for decades after the Flintstones were relevant.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    But probably the best out of all of them is CD Projekt Red when it comes to telling the story.
    I would post the cinematic trailer for Witcher 3 but there are naked mammaries in it.
    *monocle pop*

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    In atl. Ugh. Layover is long

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

With the Flintstones branding for decades after the Flintstones were relevant.

Just like Flintstones Chewable Vitamins. The Wikipedia article has a delightful line.
    They were introduced in 1968 by Miles Laboratories and taste faintly like candy.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    There was also this guy named Bruce Timm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ3HJXxDwc

I dunno. Some people liked his work I guess?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    @bloodyroarxx got a reply from the Dark Souls peeps and I don't think you're going to like their answer:
    Apologies for my confusion! All Add-ons and Retailer Bonus Unlocks will be available from retailers and ourselves here at Steamforged Games upon general release, and be packaged seperately. Hope this answers your question, sorry again!

That just confuses me

What was the question?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Game is ready to play.

Imperial agent go!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    NYaRdin.png

I need this

now

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

That just confuses me

What was the question?

There is a Dark Souls board game kickstarter. I assume this asking about if there will be Kickstarter exclusives.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

That just confuses me

What was the question?

So the Dark Souls KS is doing a single price point for personal copies of the game, with stretch goals (beyond Boss add-ons) being added to the base package at no extra cost - I asked if those would be included in future retail copies as well

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Okay. Drowning my sorrows in philly cheese steak hamburger helper...

Lesse how this turns out.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    In honor of Animation [Chat], a rough draft of an animation I am working on right this moment:

fHFSfdC.gif

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    home

sweet

shit I wish PAX was forever

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    home

sweet

remember the bathrooms

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Eww I am already getting guild invites

Neco on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    home

sweet

It can be if you want

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

SW;TOR?

• Options

SW;TOR?

Yes

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Bethryn wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEpp9lkfxA

The Ekko LoL animation was also incredible. I would watch that series.

That animation does a lot well. While it doesn't explicitly tell you that Ekko is a prodigy who built the time machine he uses, him mentally deconstructing how his opponents power armor works, then using that to win the fight alludes to it. Also good use of facial expressions, nice, weighty, well choreographed combat.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2016
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    In other non-sequitur news...

This London Assassin's Creed game is actually pretty good.

Significantly better than the Paris one, and I was much warmer to that game than most people.

I like the whole gang war aspect, with the different missions and objectives to claiming territories. And some of the bonus objectives really mix up the proceedings in a way that help the game shine.

Plus, there are assassination missions where you can spend 20-30 minutes just casing the area and figuring out the best way to get in and get out, or pick off all the guards one at a time, batman-style... or get lackeys to drive the carriages while you hop up on the rooftop and shoot people in the face...

It's just a lot of good mechanics coming together. I am glad they put a good one out before taking a break on the series for a year or two.

How many Assassins Creed games are there??

I swear every two weeks I check and some one is talking a new game in the series

There was

Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed II
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Assassin'S Creed III
    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
    Assassin's Creed Rogue
    Assassin's Creed Unity

And some others I don't remember.

Oh and like four or five handheld exclusives.

Pretty good list there, you are only missing Freedom Cry (which was an expansion pack but still got a standalone release), Chronicles (a 2d console trilogy), and Syndicate, which is the London one I am playing now.

There will be no new Assassin's creed game this year, more than likely.

There was also liberation, a PSP game that got a PS3/4 release.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    the new Battletech Q&A went up a few days ago and it's pretty good stuff although, of course, lots of nerds don't know how game dev works and are like CAN YOU NEGOTIATE JUMPSHIP FEES? when the devs are talking about, like, prototyping the combat engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIgGrTo9vdk

The new initiative system they came up with sounds boss as fuck:
    Here’s the basics:

- Each weight class of ‘Mech has an Initiative value. Light ‘Mechs are the fastest, with an Initiative of 4 and assaults are the slowest, with an Initiative of 1.

- Combat rounds are divided into 5 Phases, counting down from 5 to 1. ‘Mechs are allowed to act during the Phase that matches their Initiative. (That 5th Phase is the province of extremely skilled MechWarriors piloting Light ‘Mechs.)

- Each Phase, each side takes turns choosing a ‘Mech to Activate. When a Mech is Activated, it can both move and then fire its weapons. However, once the ‘Mech fires, its turn is over and it can’t act again until the next Round of combat.

- After you Activate a ‘Mech and take a turn, the game attempts to give the next action to the other side. If the enemy has units available to use in the current Phase, they get the opportunity to activate one of them. If, on the other hand, they have no more units they can activate in the phase, and you do, you’ll get to go again.

- This means that if you and your opponent are both using full lances of assault ‘Mechs, every Round will be pretty predictable: You’ll go, then your opponent will go, and so forth until all eight ‘Mechs have been Activated and have taken a turn.

When the game finishes counting down Initiative values and Phase 1 units have taken their turn, the Round ends. The Phase counter resets to 5, and every ‘Mech is ready to act again.
    And now the really cool part:

We think this is a neat system because it reinforces and distinguishes between the different weight classes of ‘Mechs - but the place where it really becomes really interesting is when you start reserving ‘Mechs’ Phases for use later in the Round.

Any ‘Mech that isn’t an assault can be held in reserve when its turn to act comes up. That temporarily sets its Initiative Value one lower. So a Light ‘Mech that normally acts in Phase 4 will instead act in Phase 3.

With this system, you can keep reserving your ‘Mechs’ actions, holding an entire lance of ‘Mechs until Phase 1, if you wanted to.

What’s so interesting about reserving actions? First of all, consider the case of a whole lance of Light and medium ‘Mechs being reserved until Phase 1, where they’ll get to act right at the end of a Round. Then, when the round ends and a new Round starts, they’ll immediately get to act again in Phases 4 and 3! (This tactic isn’t theoretical - in a recent battle, I snuck up behind our Lead Designer Kevin’s Centurion with a Jenner I’d reserved to Phase 1. Then, on Phase 4 of the next Round I got to make a full alpha strike right into his back armor.)

As you’d guess, there’s also a lot of value in using this tactic to locally outnumber an opponent. You want your engagements to be uneven in your favor, and you want to be able to fall back from any engagement in which you’re outnumbered. Focusing your forces in one spot when your enemy is spread out is right out of Sun Tzu.

Our initiative system, which allows you to reserve units, means you can locally outnumber your enemy in time as well as space. If you can take three actions in a row, and all three actions are effective fire on a target with no chance for it to respond by moving or returning fire… you’ve essentially made part of the turn a 3-on-1 battle.

Conversely, reserving your faster ‘Mechs to break up long sequences of enemy action with opportunities to respond can be useful in preventing your own forces from becoming focus-fired.

We’re reinforcing the role of Light ‘Mechs in other ways, but this system is a significant component of their value. Light ‘Mechs get to choose where and when they engage, and if used carefully can be exactly the tool you need to get out of a bad situation. Heavy and assault ‘Mechs pack a much bigger punch, but the tradeoff is that they’re inherently more predictable - and thus are more often reacting than acting.

The crazy part is that this sounds like they may actually have found a solution that makes Light Mechs viable in tabletop. In the stories, lights are supposed to be scouts, artillery spotters, and so forth. They had a point. In the tabletop, they often just kind of took up space.

So the Death From Above RPG team has actually started test-driving this initiative system for their twitch stream tabletop games and it apparently works pretty well. I guess even the head of Battletech tabletop dev at Catalyst Game Labs is a fan.

I really like the idea that maybe at the end of all this we might have not just a cool video game but a souped-up Battletech tabletop game made with game design principles from after the 1980s.

• Options
    Do any chat people still play this?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    the new Battletech Q&A went up a few days ago and it's pretty good stuff although, of course, lots of nerds don't know how game dev works and are like CAN YOU NEGOTIATE JUMPSHIP FEES? when the devs are talking about, like, prototyping the combat engine.

Here’s the basics:

- Each weight class of ‘Mech has an Initiative value. Light ‘Mechs are the fastest, with an Initiative of 4 and assaults are the slowest, with an Initiative of 1.

- Combat rounds are divided into 5 Phases, counting down from 5 to 1. ‘Mechs are allowed to act during the Phase that matches their Initiative. (That 5th Phase is the province of extremely skilled MechWarriors piloting Light ‘Mechs.)

- Each Phase, each side takes turns choosing a ‘Mech to Activate. When a Mech is Activated, it can both move and then fire its weapons. However, once the ‘Mech fires, its turn is over and it can’t act again until the next Round of combat.

- After you Activate a ‘Mech and take a turn, the game attempts to give the next action to the other side. If the enemy has units available to use in the current Phase, they get the opportunity to activate one of them. If, on the other hand, they have no more units they can activate in the phase, and you do, you’ll get to go again.

- This means that if you and your opponent are both using full lances of assault ‘Mechs, every Round will be pretty predictable: You’ll go, then your opponent will go, and so forth until all eight ‘Mechs have been Activated and have taken a turn.

When the game finishes counting down Initiative values and Phase 1 units have taken their turn, the Round ends. The Phase counter resets to 5, and every ‘Mech is ready to act again.

We think this is a neat system because it reinforces and distinguishes between the different weight classes of ‘Mechs - but the place where it really becomes really interesting is when you start reserving ‘Mechs’ Phases for use later in the Round.

Any ‘Mech that isn’t an assault can be held in reserve when its turn to act comes up. That temporarily sets its Initiative Value one lower. So a Light ‘Mech that normally acts in Phase 4 will instead act in Phase 3.

With this system, you can keep reserving your ‘Mechs’ actions, holding an entire lance of ‘Mechs until Phase 1, if you wanted to.

What’s so interesting about reserving actions? First of all, consider the case of a whole lance of Light and medium ‘Mechs being reserved until Phase 1, where they’ll get to act right at the end of a Round. Then, when the round ends and a new Round starts, they’ll immediately get to act again in Phases 4 and 3! (This tactic isn’t theoretical - in a recent battle, I snuck up behind our Lead Designer Kevin’s Centurion with a Jenner I’d reserved to Phase 1. Then, on Phase 4 of the next Round I got to make a full alpha strike right into his back armor.)

As you’d guess, there’s also a lot of value in using this tactic to locally outnumber an opponent. You want your engagements to be uneven in your favor, and you want to be able to fall back from any engagement in which you’re outnumbered. Focusing your forces in one spot when your enemy is spread out is right out of Sun Tzu.

Our initiative system, which allows you to reserve units, means you can locally outnumber your enemy in time as well as space. If you can take three actions in a row, and all three actions are effective fire on a target with no chance for it to respond by moving or returning fire… you’ve essentially made part of the turn a 3-on-1 battle.

Conversely, reserving your faster ‘Mechs to break up long sequences of enemy action with opportunities to respond can be useful in preventing your own forces from becoming focus-fired.

We’re reinforcing the role of Light ‘Mechs in other ways, but this system is a significant component of their value. Light ‘Mechs get to choose where and when they engage, and if used carefully can be exactly the tool you need to get out of a bad situation. Heavy and assault ‘Mechs pack a much bigger punch, but the tradeoff is that they’re inherently more predictable - and thus are more often reacting than acting.

The crazy part is that this sounds like they may actually have found a solution that makes Light Mechs viable in tabletop. In the stories, lights are supposed to be scouts, artillery spotters, and so forth. They had a point. In the tabletop, they often just kind of took up space.

So the Death From Above RPG team has actually started test-driving this initiative system for their twitch stream tabletop games and it apparently works pretty well. I guess even the head of Battletech tabletop dev at Catalyst Game Labs is a fan.

I really like the idea that maybe at the end of all this we might have not just a cool video game but a souped-up Battletech tabletop game made with game design principles from after the 1980s.

This sounds a lot like Bravely Default, but without *quite* as much absurdity with turn stockpiling.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Made dinner
    Cleaned up my dishes and threw them in the dishwasher
    Put my leftovers in a container instead of just throwing the skillet in there
    Only ate one serving of Hamburger Helper
    Kitchen is still clean

... Is this adulting?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Wait, what? Hitomi Tanaka cosplayed Boa Hancock?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm shazbutt did you finish the move?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I moved

This apartment is so nice overall and I've basically escaped my evil landlord cleanly, fuck him

But I still think that there's a decent chance I'm actually allergic to cats which I didn't know.....

So

Hrmm

Goddamnit I hope I'm wrong and it's just pollen

poo
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Made dinner
    Cleaned up my dishes and threw them in the dishwasher
    Put my leftovers in a container instead of just throwing the skillet in there
    Only ate one serving of Hamburger Helper
    Kitchen is still clean

... Is this adulting?

Yeah. Pretty much.

• Options
    I moved

This apartment is so nice overall and I've basically escaped my evil landlord cleanly, fuck him

But I still think that there's a decent chance I'm actually allergic to cats which I didn't know.....

So

Hrmm

Goddamnit I hope I'm wrong and it's just pollen

short term, become friends with benadryl, or zyrtek.

get the stuff that you need to show your drivers licence to buy so they can track smurfs; that's the good shit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Here’s the basics:

Another comparison to this system:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_chess

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I just played the worst LoL game in the history of LoL.

0-10-2

This discussion has been closed.