Options

King Joffy's all-new Game of Thrones thread.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    A chicken egg has a volume of about 110ml, the human stomach can expand to about four litres, so you should be able to eat about 36 eggs in a sitting or else there's something wrong with you

and this is the definitive answer to egg talk of Westeros.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The only way I'd come close to being able to eat 8 eggs in one sitting is if they were deviled.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    On Roose/Ramsay
    it feels quite clear that they're setting up Ramsay to turn on Roose and attempt some sort of murder, since that's how he solves problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the few times in the show that the target's well aware that it's coming, and Ramsay ends up getting a free sword-ride for his efforts.
    Roose just seems too cunning to have a blind-spot like that.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    On Roose/Ramsay
    it feels quite clear that they're setting up Ramsay to turn on Roose and attempt some sort of murder, since that's how he solves problems, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the few times in the show that the target's well aware that it's coming, and Ramsay ends up getting a free sword-ride for his efforts.

My only question would be
    does he kill his pregnant stepmother before that happens? Based on history and him being a monster, my guess would be yes of course.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    On Roose/Ramsay

I'd be more surprised if this didn't happen, to be honest.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    roose/ramsay is another setting that i could enjoy in concept, if only they had more characters there for them to interact with

why no wyman. where them freys.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Roose/Ramsay
    BOLT ON LIVES!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Roose is a top tier character now that Tywin has died.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Roose is a top tier character now that Tywin has died.

i very much need more roose in my life

roose being shitty to ramsay is just even better when he's doing it in front of other people, like during their horrible family dinner last season

michael mcelhatton has really nailed that unique, unaffected-by-all-this-bs roose affect in a way that works for tv, (i.e., not just whispering everything and being a creepy vampire)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I can eat 50 eggs

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Lady Dustins view of Roose is something Michael Mcelhatton has nailed perfectly

spoilers aDwD (but perfectly fine to read imo)
    Roose has no feelings, you see. Those leeches that he loves so well sucked all the passions out of him years ago. He does not love, he does not hate, he does not grieve. This is a game to him, mildly diverting. Some men hunt, some hawk, some tumble dice. Roose plays with men. You and me, these Freys, Lord Manderly, his plump new wife, even his bastard, we are but his playthings.

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The Mountain is all about that Gaston diet.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    57y4YYc.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Lady Dustins view of Roose is something Michael Mcelhatton has nailed perfectly

spoilers aDwD (but perfectly fine to read imo)
    Roose has no feelings, you see. Those leeches that he loves so well sucked all the passions out of him years ago. He does not love, he does not hate, he does not grieve. This is a game to him, mildly diverting. Some men hunt, some hawk, some tumble dice. Roose plays with men. You and me, these Freys, Lord Manderly, his plump new wife, even his bastard, we are but his playthings.

He's just so captivatingly cold. It's the sort of performance that could very easily just be wooden because it's so outwardly emotionless, but he manages to put so much into it that I can't stop watching. And he's absolutely terrifying.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I used to do 3 eggs in the morning for breakfast and then 4 post workout 5 days a week, so 8 in a sitting isn't that intimidating.

I could in no way eat the 6+ pounds of meat and 5+ pounds of potatoes and oats he eats in a day though good god

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I have a feeling if I were 6'8 and 400 lbs, spent my days doing the crazy shit he does, and were half-THOR, I would be much more comfortable eating that volume of food.

Bobble on
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    something something every fucking chicken in the womb

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So when HBO spends like 6-8 million an episode that's mostly to feed him, right?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I eat 4 eggs for a light breakfast and I'm a regular 80kg dude..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I ate seven hundred and fifty eggs this morning

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

And now that you're gown you eat five dozen eggs?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I quite enjoyed this episode.

Everything in the north was great and Davos is just so watchable, I think it's the accent.

Dorne seems like a waste compared to the books but who knows, the show might make it in to something decent.

I think now we're pretty much completely away from the books now Dorne has done it's bit the show can stand on its own.

I'm just finding it hard to see how Tyrion and Varys get back in to the main game!

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

SO I'M ROUGHLY THE SIIIIIIZE OF A BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE

• Options
    i eat two eggs before I eat two eggs

and then i eat two more

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone remind me of what happened to Bronn? Last I remember he was with Jaime

• Options
    That's it I think. He came back on the boat but didn't appear in this episode.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Weird. Do we know if he's in this season?

• Options
    Weird. Do we know if he's in this season?

i sure hope so

• Options
    Jerome Flynn is back for S6 apparently but I didn't dare click on any of the links.

• Options
    Many believe Bronn has been seen in a trailer

(or atleast his ear)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    There have been set photos of him I believe

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    My greatest wish is for Bronn to get screentime with Davos. It would be gold, regardless of what they were doing, but preferably just sharing a beer and complaining.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I imagine it was just that the one scene he might've been in was more focussed on Jaime and Cersei, so it wasn't important that they show him.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    My greatest wish is for Bronn to get screentime with Davos. It would be gold, regardless of what they were doing, but preferably just sharing a beer and complaining.

They should meet up, go to the pub, have a pint and wait for all of this to blow over.

• Options
    Give me a Bronn spinoff show

• Options
    Better Call Bronn

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

That should be the rest of season 6, every episode they hang out and drink and talk about the shit that's going on outside, the camera never leaves the pub

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

SO I'M ROUGHLY THE SIIIIIIZE OF A BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE

Noooo oneeee, posts like Grey Ghost
    No one jokes like Grey Ghost,

No one will say what you were going to first like Grey Ghost...

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

That should be the rest of season 6, every episode they hang out and drink and talk about the shit that's going on outside, the camera never leaves the pub

Can we get Ser Jorah in there too? Just so we can hear the dulcet tones of Iain Glenn.

This discussion has been closed.