Options

Whispers of the Old [chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    If I wasn't allergic to cats then right now I'd be feeling pretty good about life
    I wish I knew but no tests said I was and no prior evidence said I would be, but I guess immune systems are weird and complicated and tests are not that accurate
    Unfortunately that is the case, and thus my body is rebelling and I am trying not to be full of anxiety and worry and indecision

It sucks especially because of getting out of my evil landlord situation smoothly and into a nice spacious clean apartment only to find that I cannot rest

I just don't know what to do about my living sitch at the moment

I don't want to rush into getting into another apartment, I need to make sure it's good, especially if it's a long term commitment

Lol I saw one apartment that looked good but one of the roommates would be a Brooklyn assistant DA... and I like my drugs, so that seems like a bad match, I assume? :exclaim:

Weh

At least the roommates were cool when I told them that I might be allergic to YoYo, and I'm trying to figure out what to do

His name is YoYo and he's so cute and friendly and I have to be like fuck you go away I'm sorry cutey pooty

Warghl

I'm super allergic to cats, but I acclimatize to the ones that I live with over about three months. The first month is always the worst and if I leave for more than a week I get to go through a minor acclimatization all over again..it's the same for BC and my mom, so maybe you'd get used to that cat over time?

i read this like BC is allergic to your mom

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Shaz what we are saying is that you're putting the pussy on a medistool.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    If I wasn't allergic to cats then right now I'd be feeling pretty good about life
    I wish I knew but no tests said I was and no prior evidence said I would be, but I guess immune systems are weird and complicated and tests are not that accurate
    Unfortunately that is the case, and thus my body is rebelling and I am trying not to be full of anxiety and worry and indecision

It sucks especially because of getting out of my evil landlord situation smoothly and into a nice spacious clean apartment only to find that I cannot rest

I don't want to rush into getting into another apartment, I need to make sure it's good, especially if it's a long term commitment

Lol I saw one apartment that looked good but one of the roommates would be a Brooklyn assistant DA... and I like my drugs, so that seems like a bad match, I assume? :exclaim:

Weh

At least the roommates were cool when I told them that I might be allergic to YoYo, and I'm trying to figure out what to do

His name is YoYo and he's so cute and friendly and I have to be like fuck you go away I'm sorry cutey pooty

Warghl

I'm super allergic to cats, but I acclimatize to the ones that I live with over about three months. The first month is always the worst and if I leave for more than a week I get to go through a minor acclimatization all over again..it's the same for BC and my mom, so maybe you'd get used to that cat over time?

i read this like BC is allergic to your mom

that is also possible <.< and I may also be allergic...

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

Weh

Warghl

zyrtec

Believe me, I've been trying medications

Well, so far I tried claritin and allegra, not zyrtec

Doesn't really help much so far

It's not the sneezy, red eyes, sinus congestion type of allergy, which is what those things mostly help with
    It's the itchy skin, nausea, diarrhea, swelly throat, chest pain type of allergy - similar to my peanut allergy

(And neither the peanut allergy nor the cat allergy was detected from the skin prick test which is dumb)

I've only spent 3 nights at new apartment
    Night 1 was okay I felt weird after, and most of Monday morning felt shitty
    Night 2 was the night I went to ER

Then the next 2 nights I spent at friends place and felt better

Was there last night and survived the night but have felt fairly shitty most of this morning

:exclamation:

poo
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    holy shit on a biscuit what in the what. nsfw.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    shaz I do not want you to think I don't believe you or anything like that. I just want you to consider that it might be possible your allergy isn't that bad or non existent and this is psychosomatic from all the stress you've been under. You effectively wound up in the hospital with an anxiety attack.

You may very well be allergic! I'm not saying you're not.

Just keep in mind your current stress levels and the fact that there is plant bukkake everywhere right now as well.

Oh I totally know this

I know the anxiety was a big part of why I went to the hospital

I trying not to stress

It's just so confusing with so many things up in the air

poo
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    costco you can get 360 tabs of off-brand zyrtec for like $13

enough to last basically a year

the bottle at my costco had a 365 count. you got ripped off, son.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I've been at work half an hour, can I go home now?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Guys you are warehouse-shaming those of us without Costcos.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    May 6th they're announcing the new Battlefield

Unless it's a sequel to 2142, they should probably slow down on this shit.

• Options
    Guys you are warehouse-shaming those of us without Costcos.

I literally lived in Kirkland for years.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I have a costco but it's so much more expensive than everywhere else, for basically everything

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

I don't know, CAN you?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    shaz I do not want you to think I don't believe you or anything like that. I just want you to consider that it might be possible your allergy isn't that bad or non existent and this is psychosomatic from all the stress you've been under. You effectively wound up in the hospital with an anxiety attack.

You may very well be allergic! I'm not saying you're not.

Just keep in mind your current stress levels and the fact that there is plant bukkake everywhere right now as well.

Oh I totally know this

I know the anxiety was a big part of why I went to the hospital

I trying not to stress

It's just so confusing with so many things up in the air

If it helps you feel any better, anxiety iS a diiiiick. I wound up in the ICU for a night because of a panic attack.

• Options

I don't know, CAN you?

Hmm I sent two emails so technically I've worked today, so they have to pay me.

/gets in car

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    New game souls ripoff but high-tech:

God's of Lord ran = AI'S
    Humans = cyborgs, but human minded
    Undead = cyborgs who have lost human memories
    Dragon's = actual humans piloting mechs against the AI's (real humans almost all gone)
    Chosen undead = cyborg with no human memories working on behalf of an AI who wants power back from other competing AI's

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Shaz, again, why are you certain that your allergy is coming from cats? I mean if that turns out to be the case, them fair enough! It's just that you said yourself that you never had problems in the past and that you tested negative to cat allergies. I mean, te results can of course be wrong, I'm just not sure why you keep talking about your cat allergy as if it is definitive.

Please don't take that as an attack on you or anything though. That little episode te other night was really scary, and I certainly understand your caution, and maybe it IS cats.

Oh, yeah, I know

It's not definitive but so far evidence is good

It basically has corresponded to how much I've been in contact with the cat, like, even though pollen was high last few days but I was staying with friends I felt fine, just sniffly a bit, which happens from pollen for me

But within 20 mins of being home last night with my roommates and the cat, I was all itchy and swelly
    And then I went out to meet girl at bar and started feeling better like 30mins after I left apartment

And then coming back after back I was feeling swelly and itchy again but not as bad because I was just in my room where I prevent cat from going

Tho this morning cat put his toy under my door and was reaching his cute widdle arms trying to get it

poo
  • Options
    I have a costco but it's so much more expensive than everywhere else, for basically everything

That's because you live in a shit bubble where everything good and praiseworthy is coated in a thin layer of diarrhea. You know, the kind that is almost clear mucous from where you've been shitting your brains out for 2 days straight, but it somehow still smells awful?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Weh

Warghl

zyrtec

It's not the sneezy, red eyes, sinus congestion type of allergy, which is what those things mostly help with
    It's the itchy skin, nausea, diarrhea, swelly throat, chest pain type of allergy - similar to my peanut allergy

(And neither the peanut allergy nor the cat allergy was detected from the skin prick test which is dumb)

Was there last night and survived the night but have felt fairly shitty most of this morning

You talked with a Doc about this? I found Singular to practically turn my allergies off. I only ended up on it to tolerate Remicade but got them to just leave me on it since I breathe so much better.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

God's of Lord ran = AI'S
    Dragon's = actual humans piloting mechs against the AI's (real humans almost all gone)
    Chosen undead = cyborg with no human memories working on behalf of an AI who wants power back from other competing AI's

Mass Effect: Geth Souls
    ...also all the guns broke. It's fine.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    May 6th they're announcing the new Battlefield

Unless it's a sequel to 2142, they should probably slow down on this shit.

BF4 has been out quite awhile .
    Hardline doesn't count because it was terrible and not made by the same people

BF4 will be 3 years in October

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

maybe it is 365 i dunno i only buy it once a year

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

There is no way in fuck your grocery store beats costco on butter, milk, and eggs, and paper towels.

• Options
    2142 was awesome.

I hate that it got no love

• Options

Weh

Warghl

zyrtec

You talked with a Doc about this? I found Singular to practically turn my allergies off. I only ended up on it to tolerate Remicade but got them to just leave me on it since I breathe so much better.

Well, I went to this one allergist yesterday who did the skin test
    And he was pretty dismissive and was like you're not allergic to cats or peanuts, test says so, here's some medicine for your pollen allergy

But the peanut allergy is a legitimate thing that I've had my entire life, since I was wee, and is something I've experienced reactions to many times so I know it ain't a lie (luckily so far it hasn't been that severe, except that one time in thailand when I accidentally ate some fkn spring roll that had peanuts)

Mreh

poo
  • Options

There is no way in fuck your grocery store beats costco on butter, milk, and eggs, and paper towels.

grocery store sales beat costco pretty often

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I didn't realize you could get a peanut-allergy style reaction from cat dander!

I get itchy skin/eyes/sniffles from cats and dogs, but it's manageable so long as I remember to wash my hands after hanging with them.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

there is no legal way to beat my grocery store on 2 of those really

Wisconsin has a minimum markup, you can't get a gallon of milk for much under $2.50

override367 on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    holy shit on a biscuit what in the what. nsfw.

Its like staring into the mouth of madness

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

Weh

Warghl

zyrtec

yeah allergy medicines can be fickle, and what works for some doesn't work for others

i'd give zyrtec a try though, it seems to cover a lot more stuff than claritin does for me at least

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

The thing about CostCo is that it isn't cheap.
    The thing about CostCo is that the price point is $12, and you will get an absolutely absurd amount something for that price.

• Options

maybe it is 365 i dunno i only buy it once a year

on the same day? 1 day earlier on leap years?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »

God's of Lord ran = AI'S

Mass Effect: Geth Souls
    ...also all the guns broke. It's fine.

Now with option to play Krogan for people looking for a more relaxed, forgiving experience.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

Though, Amazon's subscription service beats the hell out of CostCo on paper products

#iamashopingninja

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Shaz, again, why are you certain that your allergy is coming from cats? I mean if that turns out to be the case, them fair enough! It's just that you said yourself that you never had problems in the past and that you tested negative to cat allergies. I mean, te results can of course be wrong, I'm just not sure why you keep talking about your cat allergy as if it is definitive.

Please don't take that as an attack on you or anything though. That little episode te other night was really scary, and I certainly understand your caution, and maybe it IS cats.

Oh, yeah, I know

It's not definitive but so far evidence is good

It basically has corresponded to how much I've been in contact with the cat, like, even though pollen was high last few days but I was staying with friends I felt fine, just sniffly a bit, which happens from pollen for me

But within 20 mins of being home last night with my roommates and the cat, I was all itchy and swelly
    And then I went out to meet girl at bar and started feeling better like 30mins after I left apartment

And then coming back after back I was feeling swelly and itchy again but not as bad because I was just in my room where I prevent cat from going

Tho this morning cat put his toy under my door and was reaching his cute widdle arms trying to get it

Shaz do allergy shots work on your type of allergies or is it only for respiratory things?
    Although of course then you have to go somewhere every week to get injected. But I think people like them? Some guy at my work gets allergy shots at lunch once a week, not sure for what allergy though.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I am as hoping ninja as well, Belasco.

I am always hoping I can be a ninja

• Options
    costco is more expensive if you buy name brand stuff

cheaper or the same if you buy kirkland brand

but i can't get a gallon of sausage gravy at kroger

• Options

grocery store sales beat costco pretty often

Are you looking at the price per unit and similar or the same items? 'Cause I'd be shocked if a grocery store could hold a candle to CostCo

• Options

Though, Amazon's subscription service beats the hell out of CostCo on paper products

#iamashopingninja

all this anti costco talk is hurting my retirement fund.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Buying stuff in bulk from costco seems nice, but I don't want my apartment looking like some hoarders/survival situation. I don't need all this toilet paper all at once.

BronzeKoopa on
This discussion has been closed.