Options

The USA Presidential Election Thread: Bad Hair Day

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I saw on that counting website they had Hillary as the winner despite Bernie clearly leading. RIGGED!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I saw on that counting website they had Hillary as the winner despite Bernie clearly leading. RIGGED!

Math is biased.

Clinton now up like 3K with 99+% counted because Jefferson county came in

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
  • Options
    Chuck Todd: "Well she was setting herself up to go 0 for May"

Poor Guam.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Probably the biggest news out of the Kentucky primary - HRC finally broke her losing streak of Clinton counties

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Emporium wrote: »
    Probably the biggest news out of the Kentucky primary - HRC finally broke her losing streak of Clinton counties

Yeah, but Sanders will win Sanders County on June 7th.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

No one cares about Montana. NO ONE YOUR STATE IS LIKE A DAKOTA!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

THE DAKOTA'S ARE BEAUTIFUL!

The newly anointed national mammal resides there, show respect!

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

"West Dakota"

• Options
    Demographically Oregon should be great for Sanders (super white and liberal) but its a closed primary and all mail in. Closed primaries and absentee voting has strongly favored Clinton; she's won 11 of 11 closed primaries

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    Demographically Oregon should be great for Sanders (super white and liberal) but its a closed primary and all mail in. Closed primaries and absentee voting has strongly favored Clinton; she's won 11 of 11 closed primaries

Well feeling the bern in Oregon usually means the vegan stripper gave you the clap.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hey Montana is super pretty. There's this little town called superior there that my family almost moved to! Population 800. I love it.

• Options

Not only that, the Motor Voter system defaults new registrations to Independent, with selection done through a second form sent later. Fully 3/4 of new registrations did not complete that second step in time for the election.

• Options
    Hey Montana is super pretty. There's this little town called superior there that my family almost moved to! Population 800. I love it.

I live in Montana, and there's a reason that I have a series of posts titled "Why I Love My Fucking Home State".

• Options

"West Dakota"

...I do believe I am now legally obliged to hunt you down like the goose you are.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

Well feeling the bern in Oregon usually means the vegan stripper gave you the clap.

Can we please not do sex worker jokes

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

I live in Montana, and there's a reason that I have a series of posts titled "Why I Love My Fucking Home State".

It's like a prettier and cooler version of Wyoming. And I love living in Wyoming. Mostly.

• Options

It's like a prettier and cooler version of Wyoming. And I love living in Wyoming. Mostly.

Well now I know you're lying

No one lives in Wyoming

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options

Well now I know you're lying

No one lives in Wyoming

Secretly I am a pronghorn.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

"West Dakota"

We already have a West Dakota in the Dakotas. If it weren't for the tourism dollars it brings in it would be entirely worthless.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

"West Dakota"

We already have a West Dakota in the Dakotas. If it weren't for the tourism dollars it brings in it would be entirely worthless.

That was before they went out west and fracked their brains out...and then the oil boom went bust.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Not only that, the Motor Voter system defaults new registrations to Independent, with selection done through a second form sent later. Fully 3/4 of new registrations did not complete that second step in time for the election.

That seems like a silly system.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

That seems like a silly system.

Yep! They're looking at revising it so you can make your selection at registration, because of the lack of followup.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ya know, I am a Bernie supporter but I have always said if it was between Hillary and Trump I would vote Hillary in a heartbeat because she might be a liar, a cheat, and well...a politician ass politician but at least thats normal, thats the system and I can handle us being in a stalemate for 8 years I guess. But I am starting to get messages on Tumblr and Facebook from Hillary supporters saying that if I continue to support Bernie I am betraying america and blah blah blah and arguing with Trump supporting family...I honestly just don't care anymore. This Election cycle has broken me.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ya know, I am a Bernie supporter but I have always said if it was between Hillary and Trump I would vote Hillary in a heartbeat because she might be a liar, a cheat, and well...a politician ass politician but at least thats normal, thats the system and I can handle us being in a stalemate for 8 years I guess. But I am starting to get messages on Tumblr and Facebook from Hillary supporters saying that if I continue to support Bernie I am betraying america and blah blah blah and arguing with Trump supporting family...I honestly just don't care anymore. This Election cycle has broken me.

would bernie somehow break the stalemate if he was president?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    After the bullshit in Nevada and how the Sanders campaign blatantly lied in their response about it while ignoring the death threats their supporters are issuing I'd question someone still supporting him at this point.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

"West Dakota"

...I do believe I am now legally obliged to hunt you down like the goose you are.

I double-dog-dare you to break the law.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    After the bullshit in Nevada and how the Sanders campaign blatantly lied in their response about it while ignoring the death threats their supporters are issuing I'd question someone still supporting him at this point.

Oh cool. That's really super rad.

• Options
    I'm really glad I turned this off once this Bernie supporter started whining to John Ralston that he believed his lying eyes over the Bernie campaign

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options

Oh cool. That's really super rad.

I'm sorry when his campaign lies to their delegates, lies about why those delegates were disqualified, and then doesn't say anything about the death threats his supporters are making toward a DNC chair that's crap and if you support that well you either aren't paying attention or your willing to ignore some shitty behavior in a lost cause campaign. Bernie can't win, but his group sure as hell wants to damage the democratic brand.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Sure I'll still support him, question me

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I used to run in the same online circles as Dan o sullivan like a decade ago

oh, the dan forums?

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Seriously. It is not too much to ask for Bernie to tell his supporters to act with kindness and compassion, and to not treat political opponents like Orcs invading from Mordor.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

A cheat? Really?

I also really doubt Sanders could break the deadlock if Hillary can't.

• Options

If he had a congress backing him up sure. Even if we got a fully democrat congress I don't feel Hillary would move on much that would really effect the sphere of my life, except maybe and hopefully better rights for LGBT folks.

I'm just burned out, no pun intended, because somehow just for supporting someone I believe in I am suddenly a bad guy from both Democrats and Republicans. I'm "entitled" and "whiney" and "live in a dream world". And it exhausts me. I got really excited about politics back in 2008, the first presidential election I could vote in, I got excited by politics, I got into local and state elections and started reading up on it. But this election has exhausted me. I can't get excited by more of the same, or biggots or the guy I support making dumb decisions. I can see the link between Trump and his supporters since he eggs them on, or at least did. I don't see Bernie or Hillary egging their supporters into the shitty behavior they are exhibiting but they, mostly Sanders, are being held responsible. I dunno its weird this is the straw that breaks me but it is. I am suddenly more and more exhaused every time I hear about the election now.

• Options

And remarks like this don't help my feeling

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod

If he had a congress backing him up sure. Even if we got a fully democrat congress I don't feel Hillary would move on much that would really effect the sphere of my life, except maybe and hopefully better rights for LGBT folks.

I'm just burned out, no pun intended, because somehow just for supporting someone I believe in I am suddenly a bad guy from both Democrats and Republicans. I'm "entitled" and "whiney" and "live in a dream world". And it exhausts me. I got really excited about politics back in 2008, the first presidential election I could vote in, I got excited by politics, I got into local and state elections and started reading up on it. But this election has exhausted me. I can't get excited by more of the same, or biggots or the guy I support making dumb decisions. I can see the link between Trump and his supporters since he eggs them on, or at least did. I don't see Bernie or Hillary egging their supporters into the shitty behavior they are exhibiting but they, mostly Sanders, are being held responsible. I dunno its weird this is the straw that breaks me but it is. I am suddenly more and more exhaused every time I hear about the election now.

ah I see I thought you meant he could somehow make the republicans play ball

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

There is no equivalence in the behavior of Sanders supporters and Clinton supporters

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options

Trump got and continues to get a ton of shit for outwardly appealing to racists?

And yeah you're going to be held accountable when your supporters deface DNC property and threaten the lives of a DNC chairwoman. Especially when it was your campaigns lies that got them spun up. Bernie through his campaign spokes people of Weaver and Devine has lied to his supporters about the process and why he's losing and shockingly they believed those lies and now accuse the DNC of stealing the election even when in Nevada hilariously they were trying to game the system for Bernie when Clinton won the caucus origininally!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Death threats and doxxing are wrong. It's the kind of thing that hashtag would do, and that Bernie supporters are doing it is a shameful thing.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
This discussion has been closed.