Options

[Pokemon] SuMo Time!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Everything will have to be poison-type in Australia.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yeah I seriously doubt Pokemon is going to be so concerned with realism that they'll throw the type balance.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

And Bug.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I just watched a youtube video that brought up the subject of the SuMo possible possibly being region free, due to the child in the Japanese trailer bringing his N3DS from japan and buying a US copy of the game.

It's probably just an oversight made during the trailer's production, but how cool would Nintendo started removing relocking?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I just watched a youtube video that brought up the subject of the SuMo possible possibly being region free, due to the child in the Japanese trailer bringing his N3DS from japan and buying a US copy of the game.

It's probably just an oversight made during the trailer's production, but how cool would Nintendo started removing relocking?

It wouldn't even be weird. The original DS doesn't have region locking. Sony has been against region locking for a good long while, and doesn't have it for ps3 or ps4 games. It probably is an oversight though.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yeah I seriously doubt Pokemon is going to be so concerned with realism that they'll throw the type balance.

Tell that to the fire types of sinnoh

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a spare Darkrai code (EU) they'd be willing to part with? Or any old Darkrai they'd be willing to trade? I've got a nearly completed living dex, including Legandaries, so I could offer some good stuff in return.

My local Gamestop ran out of codes, unfortunately.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

Even the mammals

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Well also just fuck water in general in pokemon games, where you get swarmed with the Zubats of the sea.

Maz- wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spare Darkrai code (EU) they'd be willing to part with? Or any old Darkrai they'd be willing to trade? I've got a nearly completed living dex, including Legandaries, so I could offer some good stuff in return.

My local Gamestop ran out of codes, unfortunately.

When I tried to grab two cards, my local Gamestop refused and said just to call Nintendo and tell them they ran out of codes and they'd give you one.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    so many pelipers and wingulls and tentacruels

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    tumblr_o74u420fds1sochbgo1_400.jpg

• Options
    I think working on a living dex has made me grouchy about pokemons. I'm actually annoyed at some of the BW pokemon I've been...processing. I had never seen the Sewaddle or Petilil line before a few days ago and I'm just kind of seeing them as a waste of dex entries. Like come on, Lilligant is just Bellossom again.

But I kinda get it, they did an experiment with not letting players get any old pokemon throughout the base BW game, and I would say it didn't work out all that well since they went back on it, but in the meantime they had to put in some equivalents of old pokemon just to get people through it. But geez louise, have a little creativity. I would've accepted, like, a Dugtrio scenario with blades of grass with little eyes on them. We got enough dang flowers.

I feel like XY's additions were handled a lot better. I give a pass to the Flabebe line because for one thing they're fairy, and for another Florges just looks cool with the boa/glamorous concept.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what to do to prepare for sun/moon outside of lazily construct a living dex that i doubt will even get close to being finished.

Aside from just hoarding shiny pokemon. (I shiny hunt in WT It's a mine of easy to get obviously genned but completely legal to use BR Shinies)

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I built a team of 5IV pokes to play through Omega with but I won't be doing that again because I spent much of the story with a team of godly pokemon that wouldn't listen to a word I said due to the xp buff.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to do to prepare for sun/moon outside of lazily construct a living dex that i doubt will even get close to being finished.

Aside from just hoarding shiny pokemon. (I shiny hunt in WT It's a mine of easy to get obviously genned but completely legal to use BR Shinies)

Breed 300 perfect IV Delibirds, give them each a charcoal to hold, and send them out over Wonder Trade.

• Options
    QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular

Breed 300 perfect IV Delibirds, give them each a charcoal to hold, and send them out over Wonder Trade.

I got one like that (although not are if t has Charcoal, but probably) - it's shiny and called SantaClaus lol (received it near Christmas)

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • Options
    Delibird is actually one of my most useful pokemon.

He knows fly and happy hour.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

That'd be great to have in real life

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

I don't have anything against Delibird. I love the idea of training up underdogs and actually being competitive with them. From what I understand Garbodor is secretly one of the best of the worst? Great at entry hazards and being a nuisance.

I kinda wish there was a mechanic to boost a stat beyond the natural range of a pokemon, outside of IVs and EVs. Like let's say...one base stat can be increased by 20 points or to 80, whichever comes first.

I just want to make people say "dammit, I got owned by a letter P Unown."

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular

I don't have anything against Delibird. I love the idea of training up underdogs and actually being competitive with them. From what I understand Garbodor is secretly one of the best of the worst? Great at entry hazards and being a nuisance.

I kinda wish there was a mechanic to boost a stat beyond the natural range of a pokemon, outside of IVs and EVs. Like let's say...one base stat can be increased by 20 points or to 80, whichever comes first.

Would that make it some kind of Unpwn?

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Delibird have been my standard "WonderTrade on Christmas" go-to Pokemon. Though I have been wanting ot breed some Winter Sawsbuck to replace it.

Honestly? The Living Dex wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Just work on it little by little. It helped for me that it was spread out- I completed the Pokedex in Y, and then filled in the gaps to make a living Dex in AS. Since SUMO is on the horizon, you could take a similar approach.

Speaking of WonderTrade shinies..I got my second WonderTrade Arceus. At least this time they tried to make it look semi-legit.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular

Pretty sure it's impossible because under Smogon's rules, complex Baton Pass chains are banned, and that's about the only way you'll get to UnPwn anyone.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

Pretty sure it's impossible because under Smogon's rules, complex Baton Pass chains are banned, and that's about the only way you'll get to UnPwn anyone.

Seriously? Complex Baton Pass chains are so difficult to pull off, if you can't put an end to it you don't deserve to win.

I try not to speak ill of Smogon because in general I respect what they do for the community but stuff like this is downright silly.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    I respect Smogon for what they do.

I just think the entire community could do well with dropping the tedious arrogance that's become such a common associating trait.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Ok, this is a bit of a stretch, but does anyone think that we might see a relative of Lt. Surge in the new game?

The tenuous line of reasoning:

*SuMo is set in poke-Hawaii.
    *Hawaii is a part of 'Murrica.
    *Lt. Surge is from 'Murrica.
    *"It's a small world" and game devs love referencing their old work when given a chance, and this entire year is celebrating the game's history.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    There should be a Struggle-tier, though.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Lt. Surge's son is the fairy type gym leader in Ur-Hawaii. The son fought for his dad's recognition and respect, and the games use it as an allegory to foster LBGTQ acceptance in the younger generation of gamers.

• Options
    Old, crippled Lt. Surge without health-insurance.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    We've already been to Pokemon's take on New York which is ostensibly more American than Hawaii. Was there any sort of Lt. Surge reference in Black/White?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

New Sun & Moon info coming on June 2nd

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Man I just learned the other day that Rotom can be bred.

All this time I thought he was a pseudo-legendary, I mean, in DP you can only get one, after you've totally beaten the game, he's in this old abandoned area that had been locked off previously and it's clear that he is the whole goal of going there, it's this big production with all the trappings of Mewtwo.

But I guess he's just a Snorlax-equivalent.

In my defense, Diamond was my second pokemon game and I wasn't really thinking about breeding at the time, didn't know much about it so I just missed that.

Also just learned that you can go to this random pile of boxes in Sycamore's lab to change Rotom forms which has got to be the most half-assed way to handle that but whatever, it's good to include that somewhere in the game. I have base Rotom and all 5 forms in my dex now.
    TDawg wrote: »
    Honestly? The Living Dex wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Just work on it little by little.

Yeah, I'm having an ok time with it. I'm even going for a self-OT on every pokemon, as much as I can, and all in all the process is pretty quick. Especially with someone else's Ditto in the day care center and Cafe Le Wow rotation battles.

• Options

Woo birthday pokereveal!

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

I know it's not going to happen, but if they're announcing an alternate method to get around HM required tasks without a HM slave I will be very happy

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Was it here that i saw this suggestion? But the best idea i have seen for HM Replacement has just been using Items.

Like a basic hand-axe replacing cut or a blow up raft replacing surf

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Just give the trainer a Swiss Army knife.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I mean yeah we don't have to use "swift run" on a Ponyta to move fast. We got bicycles.

But it's tradition and they don't let go of tradition, and it's a part of "bonding with your pokemon to accomplish amazing things together" etc.

I guess it's good that many HMs are pretty dang good moves, at least for beating the main game if not competitively.

• Options
    Pretty good moves?

Surf and sometimes waterfall. HM moves are mostly subpar.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I love using Fly and Dig throughout the main game.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Opty wrote: »
    We've already been to Pokemon's take on New York which is ostensibly more American than Hawaii. Was there any sort of Lt. Surge reference in Black/White?

Hawaii has a stronger association with military history though. One of the island chain's major landmarks is a highly important military base.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Was it here that i saw this suggestion? But the best idea i have seen for HM Replacement has just been using Items.

Like a basic hand-axe replacing cut or a blow up raft replacing surf

I suggested that Trucks, and a boat/jetski would replace the mobility HMs in some manner and obstruction HMs would be removed in favor of gating them to badges. I still think that might be partially correct.