Options

[GW2] Path of Fire expansion to be released on Sept 22!

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I know nothing about the state or strategies of Wuvwuv, tell me what I should vote for.

Here's what each option means spelled out a little more:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring/first

Right now "Adjust scoring to be relative to current activity and population (Large)" is winning by a lot, because right now coverage is king and that sucks. FA in particular has a history of kicking ass during primetime but getting walloped overnight due to lack of off-hours population. This is the option that addresses that.

Kylindra on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I voted for the "Provide features that increase a team’s ability to recover from large point disparities (Medium)" because it would make more of the days of the week more competitive in wuvwuv. Its currently in second place, FAR behind the population thingy one.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    They've said they're going to do all of them, so this is only really priority.

Also they're just doing everything they listed in the previous poll, despite about half the replies pointing out potential issues, so wheeee.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    Nice work on the Balthazar statue.

I made a a library! It's in the northeast of the guild hall, near that scout icon.
    adwknam59rl5.jpg

also some trees nearby.
    c3no4hbnvhc6.jpg

Sitting at 368 now. Nearly there, and I am sure the rest will be straight forward enough.

Also, I love the Rank name, well chosen.

So, like, thank you very much for the opportunity!

What is this thing that is happening here.
  • Options
    I made a a library! It's in the northeast of the guild hall, near that scout icon.

Sitting at 368 now. Nearly there, and I am sure the rest will be straight forward enough.

Also, I love the Rank name, well chosen.

So, like, thank you very much for the opportunity!

Very nice! :) Also, thank you for providing a lovely opening to discuss....

Scribing, Decorating, and Guild Bank Access

If you'd like to help out the guild by scribing and decorating, ask an officer how you can become a Veteran Novice. It's a new rank we made so that people who aren't officers can get the extra permissions they need to do these things and other things that require greater access to guild resources. It's a position of trust, so it requires being in the guild for a bit and a quick chat with an officer. Please only ask if you really need the extra permissions, it's not a vanity rank or something we're going to give out "just in case you need it".

As a reminder, the standard rank for regular guild bank access is Comrade. This is given to anyone who has two-factor authentication set up. If you're set to Inactive instead and would like your guild bank access back, just ask an officer. We set people to Inactive after 2 months of not logging in as a precaution in case your account gets compromised and the person who next logs in isn't really you and cleans out the guild bank (yes, this happened once).

Speaking of the guild bank, I took over Viv's bank responsibilities, so if you have any bank-related questions, let me know. I'm working on updating the bank guide in the OP, but in the mean time, the only real change is that scribing supplies are a welcome donation to the guild bank, and they belong in the top section, which can now be accessed by anyone with the new Veteran Novice rank we have for guild scribes and other people who might need access. Especially welcome are any of the "Visage" drops from Orr temples, since these let us build the beautiful statues like the Balthazar one above. Other awesome items include Ascalonian Lumber Cores, which let us place those gorgeous orange trees like the one near the gathering area.

Speaking of gathering, make sure you're mining in the guild hall every day if you don't have 160 Tenebrous Crystals yet! We haven't picked a day yet, but it's likely that in the near future we'll announce a switch to Lost Precipice so we can start collecting Shimmering Crystals instead. We know there's still a few people who aren't there yet, but with 10 gathers a day now, we hope you can catch up really quickly. We'll give at least 2 weeks notice, but every day of mining helps! :)

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    oh oh oh oh

can I be a veteran novice

I still really, REALLY want to make a nice apartment in that one corner of the guild hall (near your study, Sage)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    oh oh oh oh

can I be a veteran novice

I still really, REALLY want to make a nice apartment in that one corner of the guild hall (near your study, Sage)

Talk to me in-game some time.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    alpines okay.

anyone wanna go burn down farms sometime?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Hey guys, is there a current hotness/meta/whatever on farming random lootz? If I just want to amass vast quantities of greens and blues to grind up to rebuild my bank and/or improve magic find, should I be hugging a tag in Silverwastes and doing a train or are the HoT maps the way to go? I usually hang out in Verdant Brink opening cargo and participating, which is great, but the meta so rarely completes these days I wonder if I shouldn't be looking elsewhere.

• Options
    Hey guys, is there a current hotness/meta/whatever on farming random lootz? If I just want to amass vast quantities of greens and blues to grind up to rebuild my bank and/or improve magic find, should I be hugging a tag in Silverwastes and doing a train or are the HoT maps the way to go? I usually hang out in Verdant Brink opening cargo and participating, which is great, but the meta so rarely completes these days I wonder if I shouldn't be looking elsewhere.

Any of the HoT metas will fill your inventory to bursting. Seriously, you will get a life-threatening amount of loot wherever you go. Just grab a taxi into a good map, the new squad LFG is great for this. Or if a cycle is just starting and all the good maps are full, tag up if you can and start taxiing yourself. I did this last night in DS and got a great meta map going from scratch. At the end of the night my biggest problem was that my inventory was too full to loot the last few pods I had machetes for.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Doh! I hadn't even considered that I could look in LFG for squads doing the meta maps. Great idea, thanks!

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I find that the Tarir Event completes successfully quite regularly during primetime on week nites. Even if it doesn't you will still got a respectable haul of loot to be broken down.

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Do the Auric Basin meta, that map poops loot. Use LFG to taxi into a map pushing the meta, follow your tag of choice, open chests after events, open the butt load of chests after the meta finishes.

THEN, as soon as you've looted the end chests, check LFG for other squads on other maps and taxi to them, you can sometimes hop into multiple completed Tarir maps and loot all the chests several times.

I did this other night and looted three different Tarrir maps, it was a crazy amount of loot.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Tav how does one get enough keys for that?

edit ALSO IN OTHER NEWS, 400 SCRIBING WOOOOOO. my bank balance can breath again:D

freelancerbob on
    What is this thing that is happening here.
  • Options
    Since the changes, when you do the events before the meta you get a bajillion auric keys.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Since the changes, when you do the events before the meta you get a bajillion auric keys.

And if you know you're hitting other AB instances for more loot, you can just target the really big chests and not use keys on the small ones.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

And if you know you're hitting other AB instances for more loot, you can just target the really big chests and not use keys on the small ones.

This is what I do. Go deep into the loot-chest area, open the big ones, then work my way backwards on the smaller ones if I need to.

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular

This. Seriously, you get an shed load of keys now just from doing the events while the meta progresses.

• Options
    Wooooo. Finished the Leystone armor collection, got me an Ascended Heavy Armor chestpiece from the reward box. Then I updated my fractal capacitor to the final form, dropping over 250 ectos and 500 fractal relics just for a cosmetic upgrade. Blech, but at least its one step closer to the legendary wings, right?

Finished picking up the t3 Heavy charr cultural, finishing off that achievement. Then bought t2 sylvari outfit to get that part unlocked too. Now I just need T3 Human (going for light) and T3 Sylvari, which I'll probably grab the medium armor set. Then i'll have both those achievements done, and the full cultural gathering achievement.

But now what do I focus on? Im running out of objectives! Maybe auric weapons for the backpiece, which I can upgrade into the luminate collection thing.

Also its still may! I'm still willing to help out with whatever goals you guys are working towards! Lets knock out more dungeon runs, or wuv runs, or whatever else you guys need. Just let me know and i'll try to schedule some time to knock it out in between Overwatch gameplaying.

ps OVERWATCH IS SO GOOD. OMMMMGGGGG.

<3

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    I used to play this but haven't for ages. It'd be like I'm starting all over. Is there still a big PA presence on FA? There's nothing I hate more than joining a guild where only a half dozen people log in regularly. Thanks!

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    I used to play this but haven't for ages. It'd be like I'm starting all over. Is there still a big PA presence on FA? There's nothing I hate more than joining a guild where only a half dozen people log in regularly. Thanks!

There's definitely more than 6 of us logging in regularly. We often are kind of all over the place due to differing preferences regarding dungeons, fractals, Wuvwuv, open world content, etc. in addition to time zone differences. But even if you can't get a full PA group going there's usually at least one person that lives in whatever activity you want to spend time doing to team up with.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Just in case you weren't aware: Servers only matter in regards to playing on EU or NA and for WuvWuv. So if you are on any NA server you can play with the folks on Fort Aspenwood (or any other NA server) in any game mode excluding World vs World.

You can also be in five different guilds at the same time on your account, and you can see the chats from them all at the same time, so you're not sacrificing anything by hopping into [NICE].

Plus, we have all the best worst puns.

• Options
    So.... if i said this wednesday for some wvw schenanigans? like 9est? till when ever? Would that be a fun thing? Figure we use the fortaspenwood ts3 and the roaming channel and start a schenenigan revolution? Or not? Maybe? yes?

@Yougottawanna @WolveSight @Lucid_Seraph @Invectivus @ANYONEEVER?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So.... if i said this wednesday for some wvw schenanigans? like 9est? till when ever? Would that be a fun thing? Figure we use the fortaspenwood ts3 and the roaming channel and start a schenenigan revolution? Or not? Maybe? yes?

I dig shenanigans!

• Options
    edited May 2016
    "

hell yeah hell yeah hell yeah

I can bring either a Heals n Buffs Elementalist (wvw is the only game mode where I feel like I understand eles...) or my experimental "I heard you like stealth and mobile water fields" engineer.

*e* If you want the ele plz let me know ASAP bc he's not kitted with even full Exotic gear (I'm lazy & don't play him a lot) and I need to fill out his Tempest spec.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular

I can probably be there, but I won't be on but for an hour or so. Let's punch stuff. :)

253J736.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    pugged fractals for the first time the other day.. wasn't terrible, definately took longer than playing with you guys but it worked out well enough. Now sitting at 40 Agony resistance and I still have more than a few pieces to attach the basic +5 AR resist to (once I have enough to buy them again) I think I'll end up at 55-60 when those are filled up maybe more.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Okay. 9 est Wednesday.

Things will be smited.

@Lucid_Seraph - You bring whats fun.

@WolveSight - please illuminate the @tallow signal in the nights sky. I however plan to go longer than an hour.

Might die some. but will have fun.

• Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    pugged fractals for the first time the other day.. wasn't terrible, definately took longer than playing with you guys but it worked out well enough. Now sitting at 40 Agony resistance and I still have more than a few pieces to attach the basic +5 AR resist to (once I have enough to buy them again) I think I'll end up at 55-60 when those are filled up maybe more.

Generally speaking, pugging fractals below scale 49 isn't bad with a few noticeable exceptions: Mai Trin is always a pain since players that spend time at range often aren't close enough when Horrik uses the shield stripping AoE at them and that is true no matter the difficulty scale. It's a bit less prevalent as the scale goes up and even the longbow/bear rangers stop trying to engage at max range or learned to use melee weapons most of the time but sometimes you still get periods where Horrik sends the shock AoE at a player that just dodged away from Mai Trin several times in a row.

Uncategorized gets messy as suddenly the projectiles sent by the final boss can start to hurt and may need reflection/projectile blocking but more importantly Old Tom has enough health that he can't just be burned down while ignoring the poison and vent control in the room. Some players don't get that memo and still treat the fight as if it was at the lowest possible scale.

Thermanova Reactor just always sucks period.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Okay. 9 est Wednesday.

Things will be smited.

@Lucid_Seraph - You bring whats fun.

@WolveSight - please illuminate the @tallow signal in the nights sky. I however plan to go longer than an hour.

Might die some. but will have fun.

@Dizzen has been summoned.

and there is no doubt we'll die, but we'll take as many of them with us as possible. "I don't know how many it'd take to kick my ass, but I know how many they're going to use."

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular

Why have I been summoned.....

ooooo....chasing squirrels!

• Options
    My old Star Wars Razer is about to kick the bucket I think. Right mouse button barely works at all anymore (for which I do blame GW2... pre Action Cam, you had to hold that thing down a LOT to see)

Looking for an inexpensive mouse with a similar button layout. No Razers plz, I want cheapo, durable, and functional. I main Engineer, so I need many buttons.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Define cheap ? There are any number of heavily buttoned, durable Logitech mices, but they clock in at $50 and up.

• Options
    Me, I use the Roccat Kone, mostly because it fits my mangled hands so comfortably. But that's a top of the line mouse.

• Options
    $50 is probably my limit tbh :\ I might go up to $75...

• Options
    Amazon has the Roccat Kone series of mices priced at the $70-75 mark at the moment. I've had my XTD for three years now and found it durable and comfortable during long use, an important point for me.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Logitech G500 has done me well, not sure what their current line looks like. Beyond that, a generic 4/5 button Logitech mouse also served me well.

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular

I can be there I think.

I'm gonna be hella rusty though. I've forgotten what button makes lasers shoot out of my sword.

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Blah, I actually just switched to a Logitech G600. Not sure where you'd get it sub-$50, but it's like a straight upgrade from the Naga :bigfrown:

Worst it's given me so far is that about once every other week one of the lower keys will stop working in the game and I'll have to restart the software.

naengwen on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I have a Roccat Kone Pure Naval Storm edition and absolutely love it. It has actually supplanted the MX518 as my favorite mouse. Very comfortable, looks fantastic, nice buttons and great built quality. Also not very expensive for a top end mouse. About $55 with free shipping on Amazon atm: http://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-Performance-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B009DYOPJQ If you don't mind the gold color the Desert Strike version is only $35!

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
This discussion has been closed.