Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I wish Vanillaware would port Dragon's Crown to PS4, or make a new side-scroller. Dragon's Crown may have been repetitive, but it was awesome and fun, and I loved it.

I'm playing it on the Vita right now and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous on an OLED screen. The hyper-stylized art and design was like an old Conan the Barbarian comic brought to life.

I can only imagine what something like that would look like on a modern console on a large HDTV.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Here's The Drop for this week!
    New Releases: June 28, 2016

7 Days to Die
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Set in a brutally unforgiving, post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead, 7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first-person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing game. It presents combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth, in a way that has seen a rapturous response from fans worldwide.

A Boy and His Blob
    PS3 — Digital

A Boy and His Blob makes its triumphant return! As the boy, you feed Blob jelly beans and watch him transform into cool and useful objects to solve puzzles and escape danger. A Boy and His Blob marks the re-release of this 2009 cult-classic!

Castles
    PS4 — Digital

Castles tells the story of the ambitious King Harold, whose greatest achievement will be the tower you are constructing. As the tower grows taller and taller, more and more challenges arise along with it. Featuring three different modes and more than 50 levels of randomized gameplay in story mode, you’ll never play the same game twice.

Doodle God
    PS4 — Digital (Out 6/30)

Mix different elements to create your own universe in Doodle God! Starting from a single microorganism, create animals, tools, and even armies! Unleash your inner god with Doodle God!

Full Mojo Rampage
    PS4 — Digital

Full Mojo Rampage is a roguelike that takes place within the confines of the Voodoo reality. In this realm only the most powerful rites and powers can provide a safeguard against evil. Dying is not the end, only the beginning to becoming a stronger voodoo soul!

God Eater Resurrection
    PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Facing an enemy completely immune to conventional weapons, modern society is driven to the point of extinction. One last hope remains. Following the Fenrir Organization’s development of God Arcs, their wielders are organized into an elite force of God Eaters. As the newest recruit to Fenrir’s Far East Branch, discover that in times of adversity, humans will go to any length to survive in God Eater Resurrection.

Heart&Slash
    PS4 — Digital

Heart&Slash is a 3D brawler roguelike robot love story set in a world where machines are all that remain from human civilization. You play as Heart, a sentient robot fighting to escape the grip of the evil and all-seeing machine QuAsSy (Quality Assurance Systems). Heart&Slash offers players something new and challenging because it is not about mastering one system, but rather adapting to what is provided and making the most of it.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
    PS4 — Digital

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven is serving you Stylish Tag-Team Action realness exclusively on PS4. Featuring a completely new two-on-two battle system, larger arenas, more characters, all the DLC previously released in Japan, and a brand new scenario from Hirohiko Araki’s epic series, get ready to experience the House of Joestar like never before!

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a way that only LEGO can offer, featuring brand new story content from the Star Wars Universe that explores the time between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Panda Run
    PS Vita — Digital (Out 6/30)

Help Panda survive the coming cold in this new exciting game! Grab on to the snowboard and ride to stunning adventures all over the world. It’s snowing everywhere, so Panda can easily hit the slopes of Egyptian Pyramids or the hills of sunny Italy. Unlock new boards, perform tricks, and break through to new records!

Pharaonic
    PS4 — Digital

Pharaonic is an unforgiving side-scrolling action RPG set in Ancient Egypt. Explore a vast kingdom full of dangers and brutal enemies while you find the truth behind Ahmosis I, the Red Pharaoh. Only the most audacious warriors will have any chance of success.

Prison Architect
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Take control of the building and running of a maximum security prison as the critically acclaimed lock-em-up arrives on PS4! Acting as both architect and governor, you control every detail of your Prison — from building new cells and facilities to hiring staff and creating reform programs — all while dealing with informants, contraband smuggling, gang warfare, full scale riots, and more!

Resident Evil 5
    PS4 — Digital

One of the most popular Resident Evil titles comes to PS4 in 1080p with an increased frame rate. Featuring single-player and co-op modes and a dramatic storyline, this fully-loaded release includes all previously released DLC, and the previously PC-exclusive No Mercy mode, as well as the new mode “The Mercenaries United.”

Spy Chameleon
    PS4 — Digital (Out 6/30)

Don’t let the comic look fool you. Being a good RGB agent requires a lot of talent. Spy Chameleon is an arcade-puzzle game where the player must avoid being seen thanks to the chameleon’s ability to change colors and camouflage.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Star Ocean, the epic, sci-fi RPG saga that takes players to the stars and beyond makes its triumphant return with the fifth installment in the series. The title is developed by tri-Ace, the celebrated studio behind each of the previous iterations, with character designs by akiman (Street Fighter series).

Steredenn
    PS4 — Digital

Steredenn is a frenetic and chaotic space shooter carved in big beautiful pixels with insane boss battles. Embark in your ship and engage the fight against dreadful space pirates in a never-ending combat for your survival.

The Technomancer
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

The Technomancer is an action-RPG set on Mars. Feared and respected by all, the Technomancers are fearsome warriors trained to fight from a young age. You are on the verge of completing your initiation rite to become a fully-fledged Technomancer yourself — but will you survive long enough to uncover the mysteries hidden in Mars’ dusty embrace?

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
    PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma features diabolic new puzzles and fully animated story sections that push the boundaries of interactive storytelling! Newcomers and familiar faces round out a robust cast of characters while English and Japanese voice over options flesh out the narrative. Multiple endings and non linear story mechanics will keep you coming back for more!

Pretty big week! PS4 sees 7 Days to Die, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, Technomancer, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness as well as Resident Evil 5's remaster among other things. The Vita finally sees the conclusion to the Zero Escape Trilogy in Zero Time Dilemma in what is something that we have all really, really, really been waiting for.

Also out this week on PS4 and Vita is God Eater Resurrection in digital flavor only, mostly thanks to the Pre-Order GE2, get GER free deal. Which is something I haven't been following as closely as I wanted to because of other issues so if @Lovely (As the resident God Eater mark) could explain how that works on PS4 and on Vita, that'd be awesome. I think the situation is that you pre-order GE2 digitally on PS4 and you get GER on Tuesday for free, whereas if you buy physically (PS4 or Vita) you have to wait til it comes out and it'll have a code voucher for GER included? Again, some clarification would be nice.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    The World Over Heaven is some bullshit.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's all about Zero Time Dilemma this week.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's all about Zero Time Dilemma this week.

My dilemma is that I might have zero time to play it.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Awesome, Zero Time Dilemma

Now I have another game to not finish in addition to 999 and VLR

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    As much as I love VLR and 999, I think I'll hold off on buying ZTD until I get time to either replay 999 and VLR, or a deep sale. Whichever comes first.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Wait is Boy and his Blob PS3 only?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Wait is Boy and his Blob PS3 only?

It's already out on PS4/Vita. Guess the PS3 version is a "better late than never" sort of thing.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Oh, Steredenn's up there. i had a good time with that on Steam. Worth a look at, if you're into Gradius-style shooters. You know, that reminds me, is Bleed available for PS4?

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Totally gonna play a Star War tomorrow!

Also, Neon Chrome is super rad you guys. I'm kind of shocked I haven't seen it talked about more here (unless it was and I missed it.). It's a sweet cyber-punk roguelike, but it feels more fair than other games in the genre

*coughEnterTheGungeoncough*

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Anyone got any opinions on Oxenfree? I've heard a lot of praise from some members, as well as the notion that the PS4 version might be the definitive way to play it due to the cool stuff they do with the controller speaker. Even considering the game+dynamic theme bundle, since the theme changes during the day and night.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Also out this week on PS4 and Vita is God Eater Resurrection in digital flavor only, mostly thanks to the Pre-Order GE2, get GER free deal. Which is something I haven't been following as closely as I wanted to because of other issues so if @Lovely (As the resident God Eater mark) could explain how that works on PS4 and on Vita, that'd be awesome. I think the situation is that you pre-order GE2 digitally on PS4 you get GER on Tuesday for free, whereas if you buy physically (PS4 or Vita) you have to wait til it comes out and it'll have a code voucher for GER included? Again, some clarification would be nice.

You called for me, so I appear~!

PS4-
    Alright. Pre-orders for the digital version GE2 on PS4 begins tomorrow. If you pre-order the PS4 version digitally, then you get the download for Resurrection (GE1) immediately.

For the physical version of this deal, you have to wait until the actual release date, August 30, of GE2 to get the code for Resurrection (it's in the game box.)

Vita-

There is no free-game deal, nor a physical version for the Vita version in the NA sadly. But that's okay! Digital is fine!

Anyways, yeah, no free game deal, but the Vita version of GE2 is $20 cheaper than the PS4 version, and Vita Resurrection itself will be $20 so, it kinda almost works out the same? In a way?

PC (Steam)-
    Releases on August 30. GE1 and GE2 release the same day. Isn't cross play with the Vita/PS4 versions.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I am very excited for 7 Days to Die

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Does it have stupid "hunger" and "thirst" meters?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Does it have stupid "hunger" and "thirst" meters?

YOU MEAN AWESOME HUNGER AND THIRST METERS

I have no idea I certainly hope so

edit: yes, Health, Stamina (both governed by a fifth called Wellness), Hydration and Hunger are your 4 main statistics.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Blehhh... PASS

• Options
    Blehhh... PASS

So stay away from survival games ya big plooka!

There woudn't be much survival if you didn't have to eat and drink.

• Options
    Uh, you can survive by not getting ate up by zombos. :P

• Options
    Uh, you can survive by not getting ate up by zombos. :P

that's the best part of the game!

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Woohoo, finished Steamworld Heist on Elite! OK, I ended some missions with 0 stars (all but one crew member dead, no epic swag found) but I got to the end!

Next objective: gold star all the missions! (and then: hat hunting)

The DLC does have Jayne's hat (from Firefly) :biggrin: in one of the missions...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Anyone got any opinions on Oxenfree? I've heard a lot of praise from some members, as well as the notion that the PS4 version might be the definitive way to play it due to the cool stuff they do with the controller speaker. Even considering the game+dynamic theme bundle, since the theme changes during the day and night.
    I finished it. I haven't played it on any other platform, so I can't speak to how improved (or not) the PS4 version is. It was a pretty cool story, albeit a short game. I think I finished it in two sittings - and still had time left over in the second session to play Gone Home from start to finish. Puzzles are not terribly difficult - it's closer to a "walking simulator" than a puzzle game. It took a bit to get used to the fact that you can interrupt people to change the conversation tree - if you stay silent, the conversation just goes on without your input. There were a couple of decidedly creepy moments that some people might find scary - it is a "ghost story" after all! Overall, it was worth the $10 I paid for it.

26904.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My definitive review of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness ahead of its Tuesday release, after four hours of play, so you can totally trust it.
    First off, that name...
    The dialog is dogshit. It's very tropey anime garbage, with squeaking women, Crispin Freeman deepvoiceman, and sentences no one would ever say out loud. The town mayor is probably the worst offender, but thankfully I seem to have left the town behind now.
    Something about the camera is pissing me off. I don't know what it is.. the way it floats, and doesn't quite center itself correctly. It is always either too close or too far away, there's no real good place to put it.
    The story? It's also anime bullshit... but I kinda like it. Spaceship crashes, save the kid, chased by spacemen, etc. It's obviously telegraphed, but I'm still following along.
    Speaking of anime bullshit, can we talk about the character designs? I mean, they're not horrendous oh wait! Fiore, the green haired lady, is wearing what amounts to half of a checkerboard!
    Also, the game looks kinda bad. I mean, it's not ugly, but on a technical level, I see very little that couldn't have been accomplished on the PS3. The world is mostly corridors and narrow paths, and they “open up” by creating one loop on each map. It's not a great design. Occasionally you enter an area that is a wide open field, but the draw-in is in full force here, with enemies being drawn while you run toward them. The framerate is generally near 60, I think, but once in a while you have a lot of characters on screen, and it drops to near unplayable. It's really inexcusable considering the inconsistent look of the game.

So hey, this is all mostly negative, but I really like the combat. I mentioned it before, but I feel like that's what is keeping me coming back. The combat is fluid, with just enough technique involved to make me happy. And I'm going to keep playing it because I like the combat, and the story is just pulpy and dumb enough that I'm kind of getting into it.
    Should you buy it tomorrow? I don't know. If you can get past all the bullshit, it's moderately fun.
    Score: 4 out of Puppies.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    As long as the combat is good, I'm down.

SO4's combat was terrible compared to SO3 or even SO2's.

• Options
    I feel like Tri-Ace hasn't evolved their game development practices one bit since the PS2 days. It's like they want to be taken seriously as a Triple-A JRPG developer but constantly stumbles with their pedestrian visuals, writing and (somewhat) clunky gameplay.

At this point I'd hold fucking Compile Heart above Tri-Ace. At least you can actually see CH improving with each new game they make.

• Options
    $12 for Arkham Knight seems like a good deal...

I guess it says a lot about the hour or so I played of that game on my brother's copy that I am probably not going to pick it up.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Any armchair sales people want to speculate on when Dark Souls 3 will get marked down? Really want to pick it up but I feel like it might be right around the corner.

Then again, has Bloodborne ever been on sale?

Uselesswarrior on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Arkham Knight absolutely has $12 worth of fantastic content that is worth paying for, so that's a good price

It just happens to also have $48 worth of absolute bullshit so I guess you wouldn't be paying for that part

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed Arkham Knight, so

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Arkham Knight absolutely has $12 worth of fantastic content that is worth paying for, so that's a good price

It just happens to also have $48 worth of absolute bullshit so I guess you wouldn't be paying for that part

You'd still have to pay for the $48 of BS with your time though.

I'm probably being too hard on the game, there is some fun stuff there. I just think their implementation of the Batmobile is really poor and they really really want you to know "there is a Batmobile and it's a new mechanic and stop what your doing, stop having fun, and get in the Batmobile". Their sidequests are also just straight up lazy filler content, which was made even worse because I was playing Witcher 3 at the same time and that game has amazing side content.

I dunno $12 might be worth it for the combat arenas alone and it's not like I am going to hold out for the the PC version.

Uselesswarrior on
  • Options
    I feel like Tri-Ace hasn't evolved their game development practices one bit since the PS2 days. It's like they want to be taken seriously as a Triple-A JRPG developer but constantly stumbles with their pedestrian visuals, writing and (somewhat) clunky gameplay.

At this point I'd hold fucking Compile Heart above Tri-Ace. At least you can actually see CH improving with each new game they make.

Star Ocean 5 is really low budget for a AAA game. And you can tell they focused on super smooth 60fps framerate with holy shit everything going on in battles over straight visuals.

You can see their technical work on Final Fantasy XII-2 and Lightning Returns when they actually have a budget.

• Options
    Any armchair sales people want to speculate on when Dark Souls 3 will get marked down? Really want to pick it up but I feel like it might be right around the corner.

Bloodborne has had plenty of PSN sales.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    $15 for Mad Max has been money very well spent. I can see where the complaints about it come from but for me I am loving every moment of it.

• Options

You can see their technical work on Final Fantasy XII-2 and Lightning Returns when they actually have a budget.

Yeah, ummm....not very impressive.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I don't think it got its first sale until the DLC though, and I don't think any of the DS3 DLC has been given a release date so they're probably a few months away at least.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

Also, Sony and Bandai Namco are different companies. :P

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Asian english Gundam Breaker 3 only in Singapore?

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Asian english Gundam Breaker 3 only in Singapore?

Yeah. The English Asian version is Singapore-only surprisingly and not Hong Kong as well.

You can also import the physical version for ~$50 + S&H.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    You guys weren't kidding about Muramasa Rebirth being a beautiful game. I'm not a huge fan of side scrolling action games but the aesthetic is keeping me playing.

• Options
    Kreutz wrote: »
    You guys weren't kidding about Muramasa Rebirth being a beautiful game. I'm not a huge fan of side scrolling action games but the aesthetic is keeping me playing.

That's vita only right?

This discussion has been closed.