Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Looks like Witcher 3is going to be the first singleplayer game I hit 100 hours on :D

Keep seeing neat little things as I wander around Velen. I've literally only just gone into Novigrad at 96hrs. I'm having way too much fun in this.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So apparently a leak from 2K all but confirms BioShock remaster collection. All three games, 1080p 60FPS, and all singleplayer DLC for $60.

Ehh, I've already beaten all of
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Free upgrades on PC if you already own them I guess too.

Oh shit guess I'm replaying the BioShock games

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I toyed with the idea for about 15 seconds, especially since I'm a sucker for remastered games. And then I remembered that PSVR is releasing a month earlier and I'm pretty sure that will be holding my attention for at least a few months.

Mid-September is not a good time to release stuff like this.

26904.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    It'd be nice if you could grab those individually, but I'm guessing it's all or none.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Damn, late to the party on this sale, but this is Steam Sale level goodness.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    It'd be nice if you could grab those individually, but I'm guessing it's all or none.

I bet you'll be able to buy em separately if you go digital.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    EDF! EDF!

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Man...what is up with the J-side PSN, i'd like to know. i'm not even whinging about Afterbirth, for once; but y'all are going on about "Steam Sale level goodness" on your sides of the world, and we've got nothing much of nothing to write home about over here. There's an EA one that's mostly Battlefield, and a Tecmo one that's got mostly Sengoku-theme games (Nobunaga's Ambition like stuffs). i guess my wallet's happy, at least.

On Isaac, but non-whinging. i started up another file to kill time until Afterbirth finally does come out. After getting my rump handed to me over and over again in Enter the Gungeon, Rebirth has been way easier. i hadn't really thought that possible, but there it is.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Man...what is up with the J-side PSN, i'd like to know. i'm not even whinging about Afterbirth, for once; but y'all are going on about "Steam Sale level goodness" on your sides of the world, and we've got nothing much of nothing to write home about over here. There's an EA one that's mostly Battlefield, and a Tecmo one that's got mostly Sengoku-theme games (Nobunaga's Ambition like stuffs). i guess my wallet's happy, at least.

On Isaac, but non-whinging. i started up another file to kill time until Afterbirth finally does come out. After getting my rump handed to me over and over again in Enter the Gungeon, Rebirth has been way easier. i hadn't really thought that possible, but there it is.

Maybe yours will be closer to obon?

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Huh...i'd not considered that actually. It's certainly a thing that is possible.

Maybe that'll take a bit of the sting out of this.

Also...this year can take a flying fuck at a rolling bag of dicks.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Now I just need shadow of Mordor to go on sale.

You missed the GOTY edition for $10 during E3. I picked it up and it has been great so far. Almost have my platinum.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah but I'm in PAL land. I have a US account but currently only my regular UK one has credit on it so it needs to go on sale here. Also I should platinum a game too. FarCry Primal looks to be the closest .

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Just grabbed Saints Row 4, Volume, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and Grim Fandango for just under $20. And there's a whole other batch of games on sale next week, woo! I might be most excited about Shantae. I've never looked at it before, and it looks like a blast! Now I'm psyched for Half-Genie Hero!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The Shantae games are awesome, just hope that nobody sold them to you as Metroidvanias, because I've seen a few people fall into that thinking and end up disappointed

They have some very light Metroid elements but that's it

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Has anyone played submerged? It looks very interesting. Is it any good?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The Shantae games are awesome, just hope that nobody sold them to you as Metroidvanias, because I've seen a few people fall into that thinking and end up disappointed

Nope, I actually just watched the trailer for it when I was looking through the mid-year sale and said "that's some fun-looking platforming!"

The music is awesome, the humor is great, and I love the sprite artwork. I just wish the previous game looked as good. I can live without it though.

Actually, you said the games (plural) are good. Guessing I should just go ahead and snag the first one for $1.99?

Heh just looked and it's not even the first one. THAT came out in 2002. Damn.

Fawst on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I recently went on a Shantae bing myself a while ago. The first game is ok, but it's kind of clunky by today's standards now. Worth playing especially for that price. But by the end you're going to hate the dancing transform mechanic, despise the map layout and the backtracking you'll have to do (there are quick warps, but only if you find the secret squids in dungeons first), and tear your hair out at the difficulty while you're slogging back and forth through the maps. If by the end you're thinking "This has elements of greatness, too bad parts of it are junky", then keep going, because...

Second game improves things dramatically across the board. It's a complete joy to play. Its major flaw is that it's criminally short.

Third game fixes the length problem and is just a complete joy. period.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Has anyone played submerged? It looks very interesting. Is it any good?
    jclast wrote: »
    I'm too much of a baby for Doom, but Submerged looks cool.

Submerged has a neat story but it's pretty boring. Once you've climbed one building, you've climbed them all.

Maybe you'll like it though? I dunno.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    It looks interesting, but getting boring quickly is what I'm afraid of. Maybe I'll pass for now.

Everyone who hasn't ever played a Shantae though, get on that. They are great!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Is the PSN down? It's not exactly down for me, but it's telling me all of my content is locked, since I recently accessed it on another system, which isn't true.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Nope, I actually just watched the trailer for it when I was looking through the mid-year sale and said "that's some fun-looking platforming!"

The music is awesome, the humor is great, and I love the sprite artwork. I just wish the previous game looked as good. I can live without it though.

Actually, you said the games (plural) are good. Guessing I should just go ahead and snag the first one for $1.99?

Heh just looked and it's not even the first one. THAT came out in 2002. Damn.

Yeah, the original is basically only on virtual console (the cart is somewhat rare I think?). It's a bit rough and shows its age. Risky's Revenge is definitely more polished.

The games are metroidvania-lite I guess? There's not a huge need to backtrack for the most part, and exploration only finds so many new things, unlike some of the more massive side areas you can stumble into in Metroids.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Shantae for GBC is insanely rare

Sometimes I dream about stumbling upon a copy in a game store that somehow doesn't know any better

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Shantae for GBC is insanely rare

Sometimes I dream about stumbling upon a copy in a game store that somehow doesn't know any better

For some reason, we got a ton of it in Oregon; I bought my copy out of a clearance bin.

Really rather wish I'd picked up a couple more copies at the time :)

But yes, very very clunky game and not terribly fun with all the backtracking and grinding. I'm glad to hear that the sequels are better in those regards, I was rather put off by the original and never tried any of the newer ones.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I tried 2 of the newer ones based on both PA recommendations and some of the other games by the same dev. I found them both to be a chore and deleted them.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I picked up Suikoden 2 way back when it came out, and didn't realize what I had until I went to trade it in several years later

All I knew was that it was a fun JRPG

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Them not putting the PS3 Doom collection up as a free Plus game was a missed opportunity to promote the new Doom game.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Man, they are seriously tempting me with that Doom sale price. I don't even care that much, I just know that it's a better deal than I'll get on a physical copy for at least a year.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Man, they are seriously tempting me with that Doom sale price. I don't even care that much, I just know that it's a better deal than I'll get on a physical copy for at least a year.

I'm sure it'll be cheaper than that around the holidays.

• Options
    Yeah but I'll be 80 hours into FFXV at that point with no end in sight, probably ;-)

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Them not putting the PS3 Doom collection up as a free Plus game was a missed opportunity to promote the new Doom game.

I want a PS4 collection of the old games

Seems like it'd be pretty easy to do

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The main character of Star Ocean 5 is smarter than your average RPG Hero. I am frankly astonished.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The main character of Star Ocean 5 is smarter than your average RPG Hero. I am frankly astonished.

He is, actually. And both Fiore and Miki are very intelligent as well. However, Miki's voice is insufferable, and Fiore's outfit is comethefuckon bad.

I've stopped playing the game because I just couldn't take it anymore. It's up on eBay because I'd like to get something for it. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Miki looks like a Grey with a wig and flesh-colored make up. It'd be amazing if it weren't so uncomfortable.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    SO5 feels like returning to an old friend. Fidel's basic combos are exactly the same as Fayt's and the battle system is literally SO3's with improvements.

And everything's so damn smooth. Locked 60fps with seamless battle transitions. I with more games prioritized framerate like this. It's so much better than slightly prettier graphics.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been playing the hell out of Grand Kingdom

But honestly I'm getting the distinct impression that there's not much reason to use Dragon Mages, they take up two slots on the battlefield, have diverse skill requirements, and go last on the turn timer. So many downsides!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I've been playing the hell out of Grand Kingdom

But honestly I'm getting the distinct impression that there's not much reason to use Dragon Mages, they take up two slots on the battlefield, have diverse skill requirements, and go last on the turn timer. So many downsides!

They're even worse when the AI controls them, being brain dead as it is. They eat face if they make it to you, but chances are by the time they do, the rest of the team may already be dead. They're also the size of cars so they're especially vulnerable to field obstacles, and the AI typically makes no effort to avoid them.

Meanwhile I'm loving warriors with Total Guard. Just rush down those battlefield emplacements and face tank the entire Trebuchet round.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2016
    Total Guard is Civilization

While I'm on the subject of Dragon Mages, I definitely think they could stand the Barr treatment. Give them two actions: one for the mage near the start of the turn, and one for the dragon near the end. Same beefy health. Would make them worth their 2 slot existence.

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Dragonmages are gimmick-units, and you need to build a team specifically to support them, basically. Like, get a paladin or something in there so you get a chance to do something at all in the first half of the round.
    A dragonmage gets one turn after four enemy turns, so it can just die without doing anything.

The greatest advantage is that it's a single lump of stats, so any buff or heal is like twice as effective as using it on a small goober.
    A medic heals 80 %.
    80 % of a dragonmage takes a while to chew through, and all that time is wasted if you let a medic get to it. The AI isn't super-smart, either, so your own dragonmage can sponge up a lot of ineffectual damage in some situations.

There's no downside to using My Own Pace with a super slow unit, either. That's basically another turn's worth of action-gauge.

SO5 feels like returning to an old friend. Fidel's basic combos are exactly the same as Fayt's and the battle system is literally SO3's with improvements.

And everything's so damn smooth. Locked 60fps with seamless battle transitions. I with more games prioritized framerate like this. It's so much better than slightly prettier graphics.

So it's not that different?

PLA on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Dragon mages are like Achilles. Near invincible units that can destroy almost anything. And can be swatted away like flies if you know where to poke them (in other words, Valkyries are the bane of their existence).

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I love recognizing voice actors. Welch is NepNep, which is perfect with how eccentric the character is.

As I mentioned before, Fidel is actually intelligent for a protagonist! But even more shocking? Miki isn't a moeblob idiot! :O

This discussion has been closed.