As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Enforcers Questions

Joe.EXEJoe.EXE Registered User regular
Hello there,

I put in an application to be an Enforcer this year and I was wondering if some of the Enforcers from previous years could help me with some questions that I have regarding the actual position itself.

Some of the questions I have are:

Should I bring a water bottle or will there be water coolers around the convention that I can get water at? Hydration is important to avoiding those dehydration migraines so it's a rather large concern of mine.

Should I bring a small backpack or fanny-pack of snacks or is food not allowed on the convention floor due to potential mess?

What sort of shoes should I wear while I am on shift? I assume comfortable shoes are recommended but would boot or Romeos be preferred over say running shoes? Or is this all just a matter of personal preference?

Thank you for your time and information!

Regards,
Joe.EXE

P.S. If this is the wrong forum to post these questions please let me know and I will move it to where you tell me to put it. Thanks again!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not sure there's anything specific to being an enforcer that would change the answers to these versus just normal convention attending.

Everyone should attempt to stay as hydrated as possible. Definitely bring a water bottle.

You can bring your own snacks without issue, just don't leave a mess.

Wear shoes that you can be comfortable standing for long periods of time in. While you will probably walk a whole heck of a lot, you will also be just *standing* a whole heck of a lot.

As far as what you wear (like a backpack), you need to make sure that the ENFORCER words on the back of the E shirt are visible at all times while you are on shift, so wearing a backpack is probably not the best plan. Cargo pants/shorts or a fanny pack would work well for carrying things around in that manner.

• Options
    not_hanznot_hanz Under The Feathered HatRegistered User regular
    These are easy questions to answer:

Definitely bring a water bottle. There is water to be found around the convention but many times you could be stationed somewhere out of easy reach of a source.

You are definitely welcome to bring a small pack to carry things in. Backpacks are not allowed while on shift though as they block the back of your shirt.

Wear the most comfortable shoes you have that are good for lots of standing and walking. Personally I wear running shoes. And I also make a point to wear them regularly for the month before the show so that my feet get used to being in them. Some high quality socks (and extra pairs so you can change halfway through the day) are also recommended.

Hope that helps.

• Options
    Joe.EXEJoe.EXE Registered User regular
    Thank y'all for the fast response, I really appreciate it and will add these things to my gear list should I be accepted as a member of the Enforcers.

Is there any other advice you can give to someone who is hoping to be an Enforcer and some pointers for their first year at PAX?

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Joe.EXE wrote: »
    Thank y'all for the fast response, I really appreciate it and will add these things to my gear list should I be accepted as a member of the Enforcers.

Is there any other advice you can give to someone who is hoping to be an Enforcer and some pointers for their first year at PAX?

The above is good advice for anyone really. Far as more in-depth advice, once selected and invited in (assuming you are), you will be hit with so many resources and advice that you will likely be on the verge of being overwhelmed. But its gonna be ok, we will make sure every new enforcer has the resources they need to be successful. Best of luck, and if it doesn't work out this year, there is always another PAX.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png