Options

DC Comics Thread! Titans out this week!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    ADBA doesn't recognize Kryptonian.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Green Arrow continues to be really good and also has just the most gorgeous art

Hellblazer was solid, I liked that the art would shift from a little more cartoony to very serious and realistic and painterly when John wasn't playing the sly con man

And it is definitely asshole cynic John Constantine and not friend of superheroes Constantine
    He basically plays chicken with a demon with the stakes being the souls of everyone in London versus his own

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Classic Krypto looked straight up like an American Bulldog, which would have been very common on a family farm back when he was introduced

Krypto-to-the-Rescue-krypto-the-superdog-32767959-3736-3568.png
    american-ywlcmljywgynvsbgrvzw-breed.jpg

Later he kind of morphed into a Labrador

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My dad has an American Bulldog and he is all heart.

Check's out.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    In my upcoming Superman storyline: Supes is looking for a playmate for Krypto but he's too strong/plays too ruff for other dogs

Clark goes to Toymaster (Hiro Okamura), who says he has the perfect solution. Hiro disappears into his workshop for a few days. When he comes out, he says "Dog of Steel, meet.... Doggo Steel!"

It's a robot Shiba Inu

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I would be the best Superman writer

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Instant Eisner.

Probably a Pulitzer, too.

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Sadly you just invalidated yourself because you aren't humble enough, a core facet of Superman.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sadly you just invalidated yourself because you aren't humble enough, a core facet of Superman.

I think I'm much more humble than you would understand.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    CBR put up a preview of next week's Red Hood & The Outlaws' Rebirth-special. Here's three of the five pages.
    REDHOTOREB-1-2-6ffc3.jpg
    REDHOTOREB-1-3-e2627.jpg
    REDHOTOREB-1-4-95773.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hmmmm

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Huh it's like an inverted Uncanny X-Men/Iron Man/Mighty Avengers problem - an artist I really like with a writer I can rarely stand.

Can't we get Lobdell and Greg Land on the same book together for a nice long run that I will never ever buy?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Huh it's like an inverted Uncanny X-Men/Iron Man/Mighty Avengers problem - an artist I really like with a writer I can rarely stand.

Can't we get Lobdell and Greg Land on the same book together for a nice long run that I will never ever buy?

Yes they have joined forces to take care of Wicked + Divine while Gillen and McKelvie are on sabbatical!

The monkey's paw laughs silently.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    You are the worst
    , Burr.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed Batman #3, especially the origin story of Gotham and Gotham Girl.

They are both really growing on me and i kinda want them to stick around and become part of the family so to speak.

Their origin is really cool too.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I really enjoyed Batman #3, especially the origin story of Gotham and Gotham Girl.

They are both really growing on me and i kinda want them to stick around and become part of the family so to speak.

Their names are still dumb, but at least the story gave a nice reason for them

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Their origin felt almost too convenient to me. Given who the big bad of this story is, I'm expecting a major swerve somewhere down the line.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Their origin felt almost too convenient to me. Given who the big bad of this story is, I'm expecting a major swerve somewhere down the line.

I was thinking this, and i really hope they stay around. They have really grown on me and i like the idea behind Gothams motivations

issue 3 spoilers
    There is something about the idea of a person being inspired by Batman, taking his word about conquering their fear to heart and doing immense good with it. Its almost like a response to a conversation we had in one of the Superhero Movie threads about tragedy/death always being the ignition for a heroes journey.

And also subtlety demonstrating that siblings can have a positive relationship and showing his sister following his example as well. Basically though Batman was his inspiration, her older brother was hers.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I was thinking this, and i really hope they stay around. They have really grown on me and i like the idea behind Gothams motivations

issue 3 spoilers
    There is something about the idea of a person being inspired by Batman, taking his word about conquering their fear to heart and doing immense good with it. Its almost like a response to a conversation we had in one of the Superhero Movie threads about tragedy/death always being the ignition for a heroes journey.

And also subtlety demonstrating that siblings can have a positive relationship and showing his sister following his example as well. Basically though Batman was his inspiration, her older brother was hers.
    That sounds very similar to Superman and Supergirl's relationship

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    This, this is why I was saying that the Dick in the upcoming LEGO Batman movie needed to have sparkly shorts, not a cape. And lots of close-ups of 'em. Yes.

• Options
    This, this is why I was saying that the Dick in the upcoming LEGO Batman movie needed to have sparkly shorts, not a cape. And lots of close-ups of 'em. Yes.

Uhhh, Dick in the Lego Batman is a child

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
  • Options
    Postin this here too:
    https://youtu.be/Pctd-ThJDOo

yup sure yes okay

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    why is it I can never find it in me to care about Firestorm

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Dunno, 'cause he's awesome.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Uhhh, Dick in the Lego Batman is a child

yeah, yeah, I know. spoil the joke, why doncha. :P

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Part of that is probably that he's got Superman+ levels of power in a universe that already has Superman, and that really makes it hard for a character to find a niche. It doesn't help that his traditional weakness is "kind of dumb", which does not lead to exciting conflict.

• Options
    I really liked BatB Firestorm

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    VkOEQLH.png

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Part of that is probably that he's got Superman+ levels of power in a universe that already has Superman, and that really makes it hard for a character to find a niche. It doesn't help that his traditional weakness is "kind of dumb", which does not lead to exciting conflict.

also his outfit makes him look like he's playing a genie in a sitcom

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I guess the first Batman/TMNT crossover was so nice, they're doing it twice. Though not with the same exact cast.

tmnt-batman-beae5.jpeg
    CBR.com wrote:
    Debuting in November, "Batman/TMNT Adventures" will bring together the Dark Knight of the fan-favorite "Batman: The Animated Series" with the Heroes in a Half Shell of Nickelodeon's "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" in a story by writer Matthew K. Manning ("Beware the Batman") and artist Jon Sommariva ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles").

• Options
    Ahahahahahah

Garth Ennis is going to write a Dastardly and Muttley series for DC's Hannah Barbara line

incroyable

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    so apparently the Killing Joke animated film has added a Batman/Batgirl romance subplot for some reason

• Options
    so apparently the Killing Joke animated film has added a Batman/Batgirl romance subplot for some reason
    Not only that
    They straight up fuck on a rooftop as a fight turns into fuckin

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

Smart, now she'll be crippled to further both Bruce's AND Gordon's manpain

Tairu on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Not only that

What the hell?

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Tom Taylor is gonna write the Injustice 2 comic, surprising someone i'm sure

• Options
    JAIME REYES BLUE BEETLE CONFIRMED FOR INJUSTICE 2 FUCK YES

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Not only that

it is so weird to me that nobody at DC/WB said no to this

no "maybe we don't want our flagship character having sex with a teenager in this movie"

This discussion has been closed.